Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Although the odds of your neighbor being scum are still higher than the odds of a random person being scum, I forget exactly but I think it's about 50% higher.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2549, Hectic wrote:
In post 2547, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2543, Hectic wrote:There are 7 neighbourhoods and 3 of which have scum in them. So if you're town, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
That isn't how math works. If you were to label the players like:

Scum 1 - Town 1
Scum 2 - Town 2
Scum 3 - Town 3
Town 4 - Town 5
Town 6 - Town 7
Town 8 - Town 9
Town 10 - Town 11

A townie has an equal chance of being in any of those 11 town slots. If they happen to be in Town 1, Town 2 or Town 3 (3/11 chance), their neighbor is scum; otherwise, their neighbor is town.
Yeah, you're right.
smart i was about to say that :-P

this was mine

to any townie neigbhour the odds your scum partner is scum is 3/13 23%

you have pool of 13 players of which 3 are scum. such a townie has the odds of 3/7 of being in scum town parring. Which is 42%. But there are pleanty of parrings

You have 10/13 chance of being partnered with a townie 77%. As you dont know where the all town hoods are. Scum do.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm not refusing to read. I don't know why ND has decided to freak out and tell me I'm doing nothing. It's been approximately not even a full day since I came in here. Why does the animosity need to be so high? I won't shit out half-hearted reads that I don't feel good about based on loose tidings of things I very obviously missed out.
Stop
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by bob3141 »

smarts one was clearer though.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2542, Amrun wrote:
In post 2507, unwnd wrote:
In post 2506, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2504, unwnd wrote:It actually offends me if you think I'm trying to posture lol
I’m not implying anything AI but that your entrance like Amrun has already pointed out has been based on nothing other than your anti-teammate read stance and yes, that qualifies as posturing to me. No one really cares about your philosophy pro/con/whatever on using team reads, we just need something to try to help us sort you and you obviously haven’t given us anything yet. Not meaning to be harsh but none of it was helpful.
You've yet to tell me why team reads are more beneficial than the person participating in this game right now
Personally idgaf about your team reads but you could have at least had your team catch you up to the basic context of the game that you are refusing to read so :/
They've essentially ghosted me haha

At first I was joking but a lot of them are wrapped up in their own games. It's not like I was invited to replace Krazy based on nothing, I know MariaR/Dunn/Shadoweh pretty well and this is definitely something they'd do to me. Not as a mean thing more like a 'we're focused on our own games way more'. When I looked back at the postings from Krazy just seemed like most of his time was talking about Eddie and how downtrodden he had become because of it, and asking for emotional help than game-related.
Stop
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2525, Hectic wrote:Why are you focusing on defending yourself on that aspect, Eddie?
What aspect should I be defending? Those are the only reasons I've seen given. Pops was the only vote on me until Krazy.
In post 2551, bob3141 wrote:-snip-
its actually uh, 3/11 I think which is ~.27%.
In post 2554, unwnd wrote:They've essentially ghosted me haha
I think this game is actually very content-rich and solvable. I see you unvoted me, why? Have you worked on catching up yet?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2555, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2525, Hectic wrote:Why are you focusing on defending yourself on that aspect, Eddie?
What aspect should I be defending? Those are the only reasons I've seen given. Pops was the only vote on me until Krazy.
In post 2551, bob3141 wrote:-snip-
its actually uh, 3/11 I think which is ~.27%.
I think this game is actually very content-rich and solvable. I see you unvoted me, why? Have you worked on catching up yet?

My one was right. 3/13 your partner is scum. Thats a percentage of the raw pool

11 combination of the neighbour pairings of which 3 are scum. 42% your placed in one of the 3 scum parrings but sverval town pairings making it 3/11

10/13 being town. raw pool being town

Pointing out the different stats.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2555, Eddie Cane wrote:What aspect should I be defending? Those are the only reasons I've seen given. Pops was the only vote on me until Krazy.
Idk actually. I forgot why I was scumleaning you. I think because of your AtE game but that should be NAI, not a reason to scumread you. Maybe because of the way you presented cases, like showing Krazy was making a narrative by showing the post times seemed a little overkill, but that could be a playstyle thing.
Oh yeah, Krazy and Pops probably being town makes you worse due to their scumreads on you, think that was the reason. I know that's not something you can defend against though.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think this game is actually very content-rich and solvable. I see you unvoted me, why? Have you worked on catching up yet?[/quote]

My motivations and Krazy's aren't the same despite sharing the same alignment. In terms of catching up--I've ISO'd some people. I guess this room doesn't react well to theorycrafting or my feelings towards how do you say, the Meta? So changing my approach is tiresome/kinda hard. It's like with ND saying I'm not doing anything or posturing. I do think that scum is usually try to lie about multiple things therefore there's a possibility for them to lie about what their teammates are saying too. You could spin it that they could lie about their alignment and get tells/pro-town that way as well. When it comes to you on those fronts? I kinda sit indifferent. I think your motivations could be easier explained if you didn't default to what your teammates are saying but I figure that is how you're going to take this game. I also noticed you're kinda someone who has been talking a lot and usually I don't figure all the scum are doing the talking. That isn't to say I townread you because you post a lot rather I think the way the thread has settled down and there is mild confusion I get the feeling Krazy/You probably was sidelined by scum who are simply unable to get a word in and are just skirting the line enough to not get noticed. Do you agree/disagree?
Stop
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by bob3141 »

looking through krazy iso it does look natural in relation to eddie. Now the question is was he right

I cant quite put the finger on why he feels odd. I think it might actualy be lack of a pikachu avatar lol
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2546, Hectic wrote:
In post 2544, Amrun wrote:If pops is top town why would you sheep me on DDL?
You're a townlean, what does Pops being town have to do with it?
In post 2548, Hectic wrote:I got the impression you know DDL's play well/know him irl, or is this not true?
I think it’s odd to have pops as your TOP townread and then ALSO sheep me.

I don’t know DDL irl but he’s probably the player in this list I know best in mafia since I’m unfamiliar with most of you. We actually used to play back in the day.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2558, unwnd wrote:
My motivations and Krazy's aren't the same despite sharing the same alignment. In terms of catching up--I've ISO'd some people. I guess this room doesn't react well to theorycrafting or my feelings towards how do you say, the Meta? So changing my approach is tiresome/kinda hard. It's like with ND saying I'm not doing anything or posturing. I do think that scum is usually try to lie about multiple things therefore there's a possibility for them to lie about what their teammates are saying too. You could spin it that they could lie about their alignment and get tells/pro-town that way as well. When it comes to you on those fronts? I kinda sit indifferent. I think your motivations could be easier explained if you didn't default to what your teammates are saying but I figure that is how you're going to take this game. I also noticed you're kinda someone who has been talking a lot and usually I don't figure all the scum are doing the talking. That isn't to say I townread you because you post a lot rather I think the way the thread has settled down and there is mild confusion I get the feeling Krazy/You probably was sidelined by scum who are simply unable to get a word in and are just skirting the line enough to not get noticed. Do you agree/disagree?[/quote]

???

Who is this addressed to?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2561, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2558, unwnd wrote:
My motivations and Krazy's aren't the same despite sharing the same alignment. In terms of catching up--I've ISO'd some people. I guess this room doesn't react well to theorycrafting or my feelings towards how do you say, the Meta? So changing my approach is tiresome/kinda hard. It's like with ND saying I'm not doing anything or posturing. I do think that scum is usually try to lie about multiple things therefore there's a possibility for them to lie about what their teammates are saying too. You could spin it that they could lie about their alignment and get tells/pro-town that way as well. When it comes to you on those fronts? I kinda sit indifferent. I think your motivations could be easier explained if you didn't default to what your teammates are saying but I figure that is how you're going to take this game. I also noticed you're kinda someone who has been talking a lot and usually I don't figure all the scum are doing the talking. That isn't to say I townread you because you post a lot rather I think the way the thread has settled down and there is mild confusion I get the feeling Krazy/You probably was sidelined by scum who are simply unable to get a word in and are just skirting the line enough to not get noticed. Do you agree/disagree?
???

Who is this addressed to?[/quote]

Eddie, the quoting messed up
Stop
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2552, unwnd wrote:I'm not refusing to read. I don't know why ND has decided to freak out and tell me I'm doing nothing. It's been approximately not even a full day since I came in here. Why does the animosity need to be so high? I won't shit out half-hearted reads that I don't feel good about based on loose tidings of things I very obviously missed out.
Alright, fair enough. I just felt you were ignoring my request.

UNVOTE:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2286, Pine wrote:
In post 2282, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2280, Pine wrote:
In post 2279, Krazy wrote:Why were you taking a break from this game?
Because I'd lost my cool and started to question a number of my reads. Hectic turning out Towny and the missteps surrounding nearly lynching him got me way off-balance. Eddie suggested I take a break from the game and I thought it was a good idea. I'm fresh and ready to catch up with a clear head.

My team has been keeping up to various degrees. Kuribo in particular wrote a page and a half, but I skimmed over it because I don't want it to influence me too much until I read myself. Then I'll try to summarize kuribo, mastina, and xtoxm's thoughts.
Have fun bro, hopefully you help me kill pops and krazy and dont fall into their shitty pockets :)
Last I checked, Pops was Town and Krazy was scum, so I'm on board for 50% of that.

I'm setting aside a couple of hours after dinner (cooking now) so we'll see after that.
-__-
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2557, Hectic wrote:
In post 2555, Eddie Cane wrote:What aspect should I be defending? Those are the only reasons I've seen given. Pops was the only vote on me until Krazy.
Oh yeah, Krazy and Pops probably being town makes you worse due to their scumreads on you
I called both of them scum first, so I don't see how that logic follows. Krazy called me more town than not for like, a long time, as well.

But stepping back from that for a sec, I strongly disagree with the premise that Krazy and Pops are probably town. I am closer to believing there is 1 town in there than not, now. Pops wagon, to me, is 5 very townie slots at this point. Its possible that I'm wrong, or its even possible it is 5 town voting on town. But I'm evaluating likelyhoods. My read on you is still more town than not but your progression is confusing me, and I don't really agree at all with your Titus scum read specifically.

Here, for purposes of discussion I will look in a world with Pops and Krazy and Eddie all town. This is just off the top of my head now. I'm, like, actually just straight up lost at who scum is. I can't build a world of 3 there. DDL is pushing outside of lynching us which doesn't make sense if he's not scum with one of us. If we are TvT, why does Nancy hard town read me while still arguing with me about my Pops
and
Krazy scum reads? I think those two are basically cleared in a world {Eddie, Pops, Krazy} are town. Oka pushed to kill DDL and Pine though, like, a lot, so he's less clear than Nancy and DDL but still very probably town. Same probably goes for Hectic, though lighter than Oka. So I need 3 of Elsa, Titus, SS, Pine, Piss, Bob, Amrun, Nacl to be the team I guess? Ignoring players who have had clear not-partner interactions in that group. I guess I could construct some teams that work, but they all feel pretty reachy, especially since I have independent town reads on a lot of them. It just doesn't seem like a likely world.

In post 976, NaCl wrote:I initially liked pops for her earlier play because it didn't feel like it was scum-her and I think I actually know how she is as scum, unlike most people here. But the vote on Eddie feels like a reach.
I would like to hear your read on Pops now, please.

As a sidenote, while writing this post I iso'd NaCl and he looks pretty fucking town.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

Can we just flip pops so we can have some more fruitful discussion tomorrow? Thanks.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I wish, dude. I've been asking for that for 20 pages.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

Pine acceptable compromise though pops is more informative and I feel strongly about it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Hectic »

I get what you mean, Eddie. It would be weird if this is a TvTvT. The problem is that if I look at each person individually, I'm townreading one, and townleaning the other two. And the fact two of those are scumreading you does makes you worse, but you're town standalone as well so I'm not sure if that makes sense or how much weight I should be putting on that.
One thing's for sure though, I'm much more confident on lynching Pine than picking scum between you three. Compromise lynch please.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Hectic »

I'm impatient now because it feels like this day phase has gone on for ages, but we should wait for him to return in case he somehow townspews. I'm no savage.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

tbh i dont feel good about any lynch
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i feel like every slot has a > 50% to flip town
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 2572, OkaPoka wrote:i feel like every slot has a > 50% to flip town
You need to have some faith.

Vote the single, independently most scummy player.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Hectic »

Pretty sure that's normal for day 1

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”