Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I mean we're supposed to get L-1 claims and stuff Pine. I do feel pretty confident about a scumflip though.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

1. There were seven days left, and there are several low content players. You are one of them.
  2. There was no intent placed or request for a claim
Yes, the point of this game is to lynch scum. I would assume that someone who has been here for nine years understands the importance of generating content for later examination. Why do you feel the need to be snarky towards me?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

The above message was directed towards Pine, not popsofctown.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

popsofctown, what are your thoughts on Pine?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Pine »

Asking for claims is for pansies. A competent scum player will give you something clever and an incompetent one will give you something obvious to draw out a PR. It’s all WIFOM. You’re either confident or you’re not, and TD has had a while to give us a reason to pause

PE: I’m sick and fucking tired of hearing how much time there was left in a day phase. So what? More time to spin is more time to weasel out. Be decisive, dammit.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

There is more time for other players to generate content and not hide behind other player's thoughts, as implied in my point 1. This is actually a discussion I had wanted to have with gobbledygook, so I am not sure why you jumped in.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think it is very unlikely Pine shares Tiphaine Death's alignment. I don't think lazily sheeping me would be "outside of his townrange" but it's I don't think I want to be pocketed by it, because I think he's sharp enough to identify future UTRs early and pocket.
I think a TD red flip would largely exonerate him.

I don't think his current apathy is scum indicative, it is somewhat consistent with recent play, for instance, I hammered him when he was conftown last summer because I did not understand the setup, and he didn't get particularly upset about it. If I or someone like Jingle was unmoved about lynching an unclaimed slot it'd be a different story.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Thank you.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 349, Sujimichi wrote:Why did you hammer TiphaineDeath?
I felt confident that it is likely to flip scum given the composition of the wagon. I also do not think that most roles will be useful this game given they are tied to the Stones chosen, so if he ended up being a good power role, chances are it is tied to the more negative utility Stones.

*cough*

I do think that unpredictability is helpful for town because then scum cannot prepare either!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

If someone wants to hit scum, they should vig Aeronaut.

If someone wants to be the mod's best friend, they should vig Wake or GIF.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

On a theory level I agree with Pine about ignoring excess remaining deadline time, but disagree with him about claims
"Well, I..."
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 360, gobbledygook wrote:If someone wants to hit scum, they should vig Aeronaut.

Why do you think that Aeronaut is mafia? He has provided almost no content.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If mafia wants to lose they should shoot someone who's not Sujimichi.
"Well, I..."
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 362, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 360, gobbledygook wrote:If someone wants to hit scum, they should vig Aeronaut.

That is exactly why I think he is scum. I think scum are more likely to lurk/generally "not play" than town. A lot of the appeal to Mafia the Game is the detective-solving-a-crime aspect. That is lost when playing as scum. Moreover, playing scum is more stressful because the stakes are higher. Stress also decreases general enjoyment of games.

I also feel that Aeronaut's posts (albeit he does not have many) are totally devoid of scumhunting.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Hi people, I'm gonna give my thoughts as quick as I can in case that vote was hammer
2023 W/L | 1-0
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Replacing GuyInFreezer
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 365, Aeronaut wrote:Hi people, I'm gonna give my thoughts as quick as I can in case that vote was hammer
It was a hammer. I believe you do not have much to share your thoughts with the mod posting recently.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 367, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 365, Aeronaut wrote:Hi people, I'm gonna give my thoughts as quick as I can in case that vote was hammer
It was a hammer. I believe you do not have much time to share your thoughts with the mod posting recently.
Corrected.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Pops and Gobble are definitely town imo. Suj seeming mostly townie I guess, but tbh there is a little bit of fluff that's kinda offputting to me. Qualifying reads, "are you going to contribute yet" posts etc

Eve is a slight sr for me, but I'm kinda unsure there. Jumped on that typh wagon for kind of a silly reason, and I had a question re: 316 that I'll post in a sec.

Zenith's weird asking for permission to vote is scummy, but not in a vacuum. Withholding his own opinions in a vacuum also seems ok to me; but tbh both those things together are kinda weird to me. The permission to vote thing is making me scumread him a bit if only that it's an obviously incredibly anti-town thing to do, and a good way to CYA. It's a weird contradiction to be so careful about not flooding the thread with "spam", but then to start asking the town permission to lynch as if that's not already the point of a vote.

Typh's reaction to being targeted for a wagon early on gives me bad vibes. Might be able to explain better in a minute. Overall, not looking great but I'm not sure I actually want to vote there yet.

Alim, big scum vibes. Whoever it was that said that thing about people who use all the scumhunting buzzwords etc to look town... Alim is bigtime giving me those vibes.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 364, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 362, Sujimichi wrote:

That is exactly why I think he is scum. I think scum are more likely to lurk/generally "not play" than town. A lot of the appeal to Mafia the Game is the detective-solving-a-crime aspect. That is lost when playing as scum. Moreover, playing scum is more stressful because the stakes are higher. Stress also decreases general enjoyment of games.

I also feel that Aeronaut's posts (albeit he does not have many) are totally devoid of scumhunting.
I'd say you could definitely pick at least one scum of any of the inactive players in any game, so that's actually a pretty good take! I'm not the scum you're looking for though, and a kill on me would be a waste anyway. I get the sentiment, but this kind of scum hunting is gonna always be a complete crapshoot and it's kinda hard to defend ya know? I also get really bored as town ESPECIALLY day one since there's no real concrete evidence usually, which I mean isn't actually provable, but it's the honest truth lol
2023 W/L | 1-0
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Aeronaut, how do you normally get out of your Day 1 funk then?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 71, Pine wrote:Hi Aeronaut ^^
In post 4, Pine wrote:Stealth archer. They all end up as stealth archers anyway, might as well do it on purpose.

Disappointed I didn't get my colored arrows mod. I have a couple of ideas, but they can wait for morning, just turning in at almost half past 1AM.
Pursuant to the second half of the above, I've given it some thought and I think we should massclaim flavor.

WHAT?!
But Pine, massclaiming on Day One has no strategic value and it's only something scum would want! I mega-vote and dayvig you right now to suppress this potentially dangerous idea!

Hear me out. This isn't a typical game, and I'm not suggesting we
role
claim. Just flavor. I have a couple of reasons - first, I really don't think any of the mods people are likely to have chosen are going to point clearly towards scum/Town/TP etc. The nature of Skyrim is heroic, and a lot of mods are quality of life rather than dramatic content changes. I highly doubt that in this game a flavorclaim is going to expose our PRs. Second, the obscure and esoteric nature of a lot of mods makes it so a whole bunch of different interpretations are possible, giving JJH flexibility in designing their role. Third, what flavorclaiming WOULD do is strip away a lot of the options for scum down the line to fakeclaim - "Improved World Map with Roads" lends itself to a lot of options as a game designer, but shuts down a
ton
of choices for desperate scum. I could claim tracker, watcher, maybe even roleblocker or rolecop with that mod. What I could NOT do is then claim Doc, or Cop, or Vigilante, or what have you.

TL;DR - Mass flavorclaiming is harmless in this setup, but severely restricts scum's flexibility down the line.

I'll go first - the example I gave, "Improved World Map with Roads," is my assigned mod. My top choice had been this utility/quality of life mod, and I think the third was an improved mining mod.
This is a great idea for Day 2, mostly because people are gonna be forced to align their claims with their actions / rhetoric on day 1, so it probably will be easier to see who's full of shit

In post 76, alimdia wrote:I haven't played skyrim so I asked the mods to give me one. Yours might be what you say, where it doesn't clearly point towards something, but others might not. I don't see great value in claiming now, its just gonna clog up actual scumhunting if everyone talks about this instead.
That... is what scumhunting is though. I always hate the idea of "scumhunting" as something that can be blocked as if the whole game can't be read that way. Especially when you read Day 1 stuff in the endgame and can see why people might have claimed something odd. Despite agreeing that it may be better not to do this day 1, the reasoning doesn't actually make any sense to me I guess
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 371, gobbledygook wrote:Aeronaut, how do you normally get out of your Day 1 funk then?
I really don't if I'm being honest. Day 1 is by design full of circular conversations and kinda baseless fingerpointing. Plus, one of my few mafia strengths is derailing or creating wagons and since I'm usually pretty wrong on day one, I don't want to create that influence just yet.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm going to apologize in advance for this page turning into Aeronaut's Advice Column, since I'm gonna post stuff a few at a time in case the day ends
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”