Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I will say a rude thing and a nice thing.

Spoiler: rude
In post 4099, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4094, Eddie Cane wrote:Nancy, I will say this: I don't think scum's game plan would be to spend a crucial night kill to frame somebody already easily pushable for having bad associations with flipped scum. If Piss is scum, its not because of that.
Well it happened with Flubber NK to frame Ari hydra in YGM and scum tried to mislynch them the rest of the game, so why not?
I could not possibly care less about a scenario with random players in a game I was not in.

Spoiler: nice
Dann said he would bet a lot of money on Nancy being town, in case that was in question.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 491, Krazy wrote:
In post 447, OkaPoka wrote:because while he was asking elsa about frozen 2 there were things going on in the background that he could;ve entered into on his own accord

like he had to be brought into setup spec stuff, but like even if he isn't into that

there were other ongoing happenings in thread that he avoided
Yes, you were contributing to the pointless spammy setup spec and you were scummy for that too. Titus made a bad proposal, it was shot down, the correct strategy was identified quickly and then everyone decided to keep talking about it like it was interesting when it was not. Pine in particular argued there was a mech solution possible when that's laughable. It seemed insincere. But here's the thing. If people are going into bad setup spec, and you want to see how far they push it, then you sometimes need to just let the do their thing. What if they *do* try to say there's a solve? You don't get people to open up naturally by constantly breathing down their neck and whining.

Look at your development on me. You first complain that I'm not being "solvy" when the game is still in a pretty boring slot. Why do you focus on me? Because I asked Elsa about the meme that his entire persona is based around? Here's the thing Oka. That is to say that you don't think I'm solving the game in a way *you like* because I actually try to get a feel for people and how they're doing rather than spam posting whatever inane thought has popped into my head that particular second. Like you're usually annoying and you don't respond particularly well to my playstyle so I was kinda willing to give you some room to be wrong but you're being too incessantly wrong and too distracting for me to give you a pass here. I'm starting to feel this push is more agenda-driven, or you're just having a bad early game even for you, but frankly I know your scum game involves being distracting and annoying, and I know your towngame is mediocre so I'm more than happy to just remove your slot and get on with the game since there's little upside to keeping you alive.

I already have a pretty decent town pile. There are arguments for Titus, S_S, pops, Nancy, and piss for town. I am pretty sure I can solve Dr. Downey Jr. by day 2. Elsa if scum is unlikely to endgame in a setup this stacked for town. So strictly speaking, if town is going to lose, it's going to be against people who can organize a scum strategy well (Pine) or someone who can actively disrupt town cohesion (you). You give weak agreements with what I'm saying about scumreads but actively distract and disrupt from my solving, so since you don't seem to want to even let me push Pine without you deflecting pressure off him then it seems like you going first is the best thing that can happen to this town.
this is like the most important post krazy makes because at this point there is exactly me and titus voting krazy, pops and piss indicating FoS (although we know pops is scum now) and Nancy hard defending w/ S_S soft defending
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Fwiw I'm reading Krazy's interactions w/ Eddie as less of an actual attempted lynch and more of a chainsaw defense of Pops
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I agree Oka. It didn't feel like Krazy thought I was lynchable. I was kind of being a dick to him to get him to spew scum more, such as how he called random posts a scum lynch and (to me) progressively got scummier. His first posts were all "you're town but wrong", not "you're scum."
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Okay yeah I remember my push on Krazy now, I was pushing him for scum being unable to get himself into the groove of the game and I think retrospectively his AtE OMGUS would fit that "analysis"

Piss did agree with this idea

Pops thought the OMGUS was scummy

Pine agreed with both me and Pops

Maybe we use Pops/Pine to sort Piss?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Pops and Pine are often grouped together which is interesting

Nancy yeah is locktown basically IC atp, Krazy spends a lot of her iso trying to undermine and create paranoid on Nancy which isn't bad because a lot of what Nancy does we accept due to meta but it would be fakeable for a lot of scumplayers
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

isn't bad as in isn't a bad way to get nancy lynched
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

interestingly krazy has surprisingly decent interactions w/ pops in the sense that it doesnt spew pops scum if krazy was flipped first

like there is actual interaction and progressions
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Pops got a don corleone nom, I would not expect bad scum play. Her and Krazy were both generally town read at mid d1 iirc.

I'm curios what you think the other scum should've been doing when Krazy was trying to make me and Pops look like TvT. The same? A lot of people were throwing that around.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

IIRC there were several moments of this game that could've led to legit factionalizations of the thread and that's what I expected scum to do (assuming comptency) and I saw some hints of that with Pops/Krazy's dichotonomy over the initial Krazy push.

Like first push on Krazy we had (in order of factional loyalty)
the die krazy die faction
Me, Pine, Titus, Pops, Piss

and the long live krazy
Krazy, Nancy, ~NaCl (in the sense that NaCl was counterpushing me for pushing krazy), S_S (in the sense that he dodged voting Krazy by saying too early)

Then we had Eddie v Pops

That evolved into

Eddie v Pops while Eddie was also v Krazy, meanwhile Pops was v Amrun

hmm
In post 1370, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1363, Eddie Cane wrote:If he gets 8 votes and flips red will you be a fan of it?
How am I supposed to take you or your team’s reads seriously if they’re still not reading me accurately?

And Auro, is super confident on Krazy town, as is my neighbour.
That's Elsa

as for your question

iirc there were a whole lot of people standing on the sidelines, and knowing me I'd probably stand on the sidelines too unless I really hated my team or thought the game was doomed then I'd do something gutsy like hardbus one in a really shitty way where they could case their way out of the hardbus

like shitty arguments etc.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

lets just ask for a s-s readslist and lynch his bottom player tbh
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1409, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1406, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1402, OkaPoka wrote:ive already voted krazy and feel like he has projected town
Disagree, sorry.
i can see that which is why im waiting on for you to explain why
if I didn't make it clear, the reason I was being unhelpful is to reduce NK equity due to PR. sorry if that was frustrating d1.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3337, Something_Smart wrote:{Eddie, DDL}
{NaCl}
{Hectic, bob, Elsa}
{Amrun, Nancy, Titus}
{Oka, pisskop}
{unwnd}

Man this is garbage though. Don't quote me on any of these.
@Oka we have this
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1782, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1778, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1763, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1742, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1699, Krazy wrote:If I am one of your top townreads why did you naked vote me earlier?
And not only that, in her subsequent posts, she never even explains that.
Eddie brought this up in neighborhood PT
My post is missing a comma of direct address. "Who's your townreads? "Krazy, okapoka and pisskop". I'm scumreading Krazy but I'm not confident about it
So, are you saying that Krazy, Oka and Piss is your PoE, because you just said it was Eddie/Amrun? *confused*
Oka and piss are my townreads.
Krazy's name was in the post because I was saying, "krazy, I am talking to you", it's a grammar structure called noun of direct address but I forgot the comma so it's confusing and we have grammar for a reason.

Eddie and Amrun are the two slots I find scummiest in the game
idk

part of me thinks this makes piss town because both piss and i were sitting on the sidelines waiting for cases to happen (explicitly) and i mean pops had clearly been pocketing me all game and maybe piss through trs

and pops wasn't exactly doomed here yet so she shouldn't have been in antispew mode
In post 1817, popsofctown wrote:Eddie has made some pretty reasonable points in hood about whether I am actually pushing the game in a positive direction versus being petulant.

I think Nancy Drew is hinting about that point too.
So maybe I should talk about outside of Amrun/Ed more

and I think this post that comes later clearly indicates that pops wasn't trying to go down suicidal and all

In post 1821, popsofctown wrote:I think Krazy is surprisingly scummy for how little he has been wagoned. He keeps disappearing and reappearing. I'm not very confident about reading him and haven't myself been pushing him because when I played town with him he was super bleh day 1 and obvtowned day 3. But I think that slot is really creepy. Ed asked me to think about the universe where Eddie is IC and I think in that universe it seems even weirder that Krazy is just always there.
DDL is like Krazy lite and has felt really off. Starting off sheeping me seemed like it could be both !hims but more like scum!him and nothing's really gotten super better. Similar to Krazy I trust him to be readable later. But he hasn't been great. I've taken note of how DDL hasn't really gotten teased for having a derpy contribution level to the game the way Elsa has when my gut likes Elsa more so far.
I really don't know whether Pine is scum, I lean town and I don't know if it's pocketing. I kind of don't hate the wagon in the sense that I think it has information and NaCl wagon does not, I don't know what silly person suggested wagoning Elsa, but that also definitely does not.
NaCl is like the definition of a boring wagon I've kind of gone into it about how I feel about that player.
I think that's all the wagons that have ever been popular

pedit: Pine flipped preferences this year, he's stated as such openly
pedit: I assumed everyone who rolled scum would say "I rolled scum but I'm not going to say who my partners are". I'm pretty sure that's what I would do. None of my partners rolled scum so that didn't give me any data.
And this post later I think comes from Pops wanting to go to endgame over krazy for whatever reasons, rather than antispew

pedit: yeah ik i was referring to that and an earlier readslist posted by S_s in d1 which had pops at the bottom
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2582, Micc wrote:
Votecount 1.30
popsofctown (5) -
Amrun, Something_Smart, bob3141, Eddie Cane, Titus
Eddie Cane (2) -
popsofctown, Elsa Jay
unwnd (2) -
OkaPoka, DrDolittle
NaCl (2) -
Pine, pisskop
Pine (1) -
Hectic

Not Voting (3) -
NaCl, unwnd, Nancy Drew 39

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
I think everything before this VC Pops intended to live, and after was antispew most likely.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 4114, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2582, Micc wrote:
Votecount 1.30
popsofctown (5) -
Amrun, Something_Smart, bob3141, Eddie Cane, Titus
Eddie Cane (2) -
popsofctown, Elsa Jay
unwnd (2) -
OkaPoka, DrDolittle
NaCl (2) -
Pine, pisskop
Pine (1) -
Hectic

Not Voting (3) -
NaCl, unwnd, Nancy Drew 39

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
I think everything before this VC Pops intended to live, and after was antispew most likely.
i do think its interesting how Pops only really started to name drop teammate reads after this point though
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

entire unwnd iso reads as someone who just gave up lmfao

maybe its just the obvious pool

<NaCl, bob, elsa, piss, hectic> pick your lynch game is over anyways?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I think NaCl has highest scum equity /shrug

idk

is it wrong to think that both piss and hectic would've been courteous enough to give unwnd a solid summary of the game to help catchup

while NaCl and bob are barely keeping up and elsa is playing singeplayer
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I think NaCl, bob, Elsa are my preferred preferred pool today

Piss/Hectic are my ehh sure whatever lynch

S_S is my i mean i guess but im a little spooked why we are doing this now lynch

Titus is my yo this isn't cool lynch

Nancy is my omg stop it stop stop it lynch
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4100, Eddie Cane wrote:I will say a rude thing and a nice thing.

Spoiler: rude
In post 4099, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4094, Eddie Cane wrote:Nancy, I will say this: I don't think scum's game plan would be to spend a crucial night kill to frame somebody already easily pushable for having bad associations with flipped scum. If Piss is scum, its not because of that.
Well it happened with Flubber NK to frame Ari hydra in YGM and scum tried to mislynch them the rest of the game, so why not?
I could not possibly care less about a scenario with random players in a game I was not in.

Spoiler: nice
Dann said he would bet a lot of money on Nancy being town, in case that was in question.
But I correctly hammered scum with that in Penguin, so it’s a mistake to dismiss it.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Nancy what are your thoughts on NaCl
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4103, Eddie Cane wrote:I agree Oka. It didn't feel like Krazy thought I was lynchable. I was kind of being a dick to him to get him to spew scum more, such as how he called random posts a scum lynch and (to me) progressively got scummier. His first posts were all "you're town but wrong", not "you're scum."
He was pushing me especially hard to vote you, like he wanted to set me up as his buddy post-flip.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4120, OkaPoka wrote:Nancy what are your thoughts on NaCl
I thought he was town but I don’t know anymore.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2043, Krazy wrote:Nancy sit down and reevaluate because eddie just claimed scum
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2340, Krazy wrote:Hectic find one example where he at any point seemed to actually *think* about my alignment instead of just moving among which wagon he thought was easiest between me and pops
Hectic is not a Krazy buddy.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”