q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:10 am

Post by q21 »

Welcome Mirth, and thank god for another sane player... though I'll be impressed if your sanity is still completely intact after reading this whole thread at once.

I'm going to add to your vote on Lowell.

Vote Lowell

Lowell wrote:I'm growing suspicious of cephir and kuribo.

cephir for the reasons rofl brings up, particularly in 280. kuribo mostly because of his behavior of late.
He posts a lot about... basically nothing. Alarming.
Suspecting someone for basically what he, himself, has been doing the whole game. Lowell has even been doing to worse than Kuribo was. Only one of his posts exceeds about 4 lines of text... and that is basically an affirmation that CC09 is town.

There is also the fact that every vote he's made (save one) was for someone who already had votes against them. The one time he voted for someone (oddly enough one of the few times he gives any kind of reason for a vote) is when he voted for Empking - the reason given was simply that he wasn't on the EA wagon.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Mirth »

No, Im not sure about my sanity. I think I might need therapy to get my faith in humanity back. And I actually applaud Kuribo for effectively suiciding to get away from this trainwreck. I'll be linking this in Newbie games from now on as "How not to play mafia" (when this game is done of course)

Now then, can you kindly explain your vote on Kuribo yesterday where it was more than obvious that Kuribo just wanted a merciful release for the pain?

Also have you no comments on my criticisms or other players? And why vote Lowell now, you showed no suspicion of him before?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:00 am

Post by q21 »

I voted kuribo because he claimed scum. I am aware that he was one of the most townie looking players, but that doesn't stop him being scum. I know he's a good enough player to do that. It turned out that he was town being frustrated with the stupidity around him, but he could just as well have been scum imploding due to the stupidity around him.

When someone claims scum there are generally two possibilities (except in the case of a jester - but I'd be honestly surprised if we had one here). 1) They are actually scum. 2) They are a townie who's given up on playing but doesn't want to be replaced and as such isn't much use keeping around.

I pretty much agree with all you've said. Lowell, Massive and CC09 have hardly been around. Empking makes no sense most of the time, though he is almost certainly the cop. roflcopter is like a dog with a bone when he decides on something and changing his mind is difficult - but that doesn't make him scum. Cybele, I haven't got much of a read on. Dcorbe was scummy but he was cleared by Empking, who is a cop, as I said I now believe... therefore I think you are pretty much cleared, though there is still the godfather possibility.

Having just read through the thread you should know that the only people I have really showed any suspicion of were Cephrir1 (dead), dcorbe/Mirth (cop-cleared) and to a lesser extent Empking himself (cop). I was thinking about restarting the Empking hate, hence my questioning him about his find, until this post:
starkmoon wrote:Yeah... I knew there was something I forgot to do before I opened the thread.
I then decided to look at some other posts - I was prompted toward Lowell by your giant post and having reread his contribution myself I decided that he was indeed worthy of my vote. Specifically for the reasons I mentioned.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am

Post by starkmoon »

It seems I may have inadvertently given people the idea someone is/is not confirmed in their role. Please do not take the mod's ramblings into account. Think about all the other possibilities I could have been posting about.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Mirth »

Q if you noticed the nonplaying why didnt you comment on it before?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:37 am

Post by q21 »

I didn't notice how much (or little, as the case may be here) it was until I actually looked over the thread. Much of day two was spent attacking dcorbe, defending myself or trying to follow what Empking was saying.

starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:56 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Lowell[col color=white]2[col color=white]Mirth, q21

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] Cybele, cephrir, massive, empking, CC09, Lowell

As always, if there is a mistake, let me know.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

well, mirth, what i got from reading your post by post (yes i did read it, and will probably comment on some of the details later after re-reading it because it was a big, meaty post) was that you disagree with the way i play this game and that i r dumb. i'm sorry you think so, but i have to disagree with your assessment of q. he was thankfully kind enough to drop a realllllllly scummy line just now to help me back myself up though.
q wrote:therefore I think you are pretty much cleared,
though there is still the godfather possibility.
bolded to make it more obvious what is so freaking scummy. he's trying to legitimize a future lynch on the person (you, no less) who is
confirmed innocent
by what essentially just became a
mod-confirmed
cop, damage control post from the mod notwithstanding. am i the only one who finds instigating godfather paranoia to be really, really scummy?

also, let me just say this:
mirth wrote:340. Rofl says he feels stupid, votes Kuribo (I don’t like this vote)
quote="mirth"]343. Q votes Kuribo for claiming scum (goddamnit, Q, you should know better) [/quote]
kuribo claimed scum, then q and i did literally the exact same thing (voting the guy we thought was obvtown for CLAIMING SCUM), but you say my vote is scummy while he should simply know better.

you. are. biased.

vote: q21
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mirth wrote: because of who he was attacking/defending (Hindsight is 20/20.)
this was in re: my q21 vote and case.

and here is the crux of the case, which apparently nobody fucking gets. scum sight is ALSO 20/20. the scum know, in real time, who is scum and who is not. so somebody defending the scum and attacking the townie is not scummy because in my hindsight i see dead scum and living cop confirmed townie, its scummy because at the time they were live scum and live townie and the scum KNEW THAT, and moved to try to CHANGE THE COURSE OF THE WAGON FROM SCUMPARTNER TO NONSCUM. jesus. sorry if i'm a little ticked off by mirth's post by post analysis of my apparently mongoloid intelligence.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Mirth »

Actually, Q is right in pointing out I might be a godfather. It doesn't matter if Emp is modconfirmed. We don't know his sanity (even though he's still probably sane, we should not automatically assume this) and even if he is sane, that does not automatically mean that I'm not investigation immune.

And I am biased. In that all game you've been arguing crap!logic. Q has been making sense. You've been riding him for something that is not scummy (i.e. attacking my predecessor for the rather large stick he had up his behind.)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

oh, great, should we just lynch you then and get it over with if you're encouraging further godfather paranoia
yourself
? don't be ridiculous.

if you look at the two kuribo votes in isolation (mine and q's), without your view tinted by the mountains of craplogic you've labeled the rest of my participation in this game, do you still see such an astounding difference?
soi soi soi

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Mirth »

No, but I'm not going to look at them in isolation. Because that wouldn't be playing the game. You could lynch me if you think I'm scum. I don't care.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Empking wrote:Just got the reply.
I got no result.
starkmoon wrote:Yeah... I knew there was something I forgot to do before I opened the thread.
the above would indicate we're up against a mafia roleblocker.

q and the godmother herself, mirth, would have us believe that a godfather could also be in the cards. i call shenanigans. mirth seems to have some kind of crazy complex where she just can't live with herself if she's really confirmed innocent. q is just instigating godfather paranoia because its hugely beneficial as scum.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Mirth wrote:No, but I'm not going to look at them in isolation. Because that wouldn't be playing the game. You could lynch me if you think I'm scum. I don't care.
i don't think you're scum and i don't want to lynch you because that would be retarded, much like kuribo's self-destruct (which you were so merciful as to pardon), but i would like you to stop being intentionally dense and start playing the role you've replaced into, that of the confirmed innocent.

based on the erratus lynch ALONE kuribo and dcorbe were obviously not scum, even if you think dcorbe was a flaming idiot because of the way he built cases. the very fact that he worked so fucking hard to build the case clears him. on top of that our resident masterclass cop has an innocent result on dcorbe which should only be icing on the cake, but your golden boy q still for some hare-brained reason wants you
in the running to be lynched.

WHAT!?
soi soi soi

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm not allergic to being confirmed innocent, I'm allergic to ignoring all the possibilities. Which y'all seem to like doing.

And now, for something completely different: why is Emp still alive? We have a dead doctor thus scum should have killed him. Yet he's still alive. Why?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mirth wrote:And now, for something completely different: why is Emp still alive? We have a dead doctor thus scum should have killed him. Yet he's still alive. Why?
roflcopter wrote:
I got no result.
i think this is an easy answer to your question.
soi soi soi

Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Cybele »

I read your pbpa, and I have to agree with a lot of it. Maybe not all of it, certainly the parts about dcorbe, empking and myself. Let me try to explain the latter. This is, for all intents and purposes, my second game. I've played one on another site, then stopped, and found this site. This is my first game here. That explains my my posts mostly use other people's logic as a crutch for my own. I realize most of what I've said was probably not as thought out as it should have been, or that it was weak, but hopefully that will change. I apoligize for running away for the entirety of day 2, but it was a mess that gave me a headache. I followed it for a while before I just gave up.

Now, starkmoon prodded me during the night (game time, not RL) and I looked over that kuribo lynch. WTF. I hate massive, empking and lowell right now. emp is likely a cop though (except he survived the night?) and he hasn't been counter-claimed. I'm going to
FoS both massive and Lowell
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Mirth »

roflcopter wrote:
mirth wrote:And now, for something completely different: why is Emp still alive? We have a dead doctor thus scum should have killed him. Yet he's still alive. Why?
roflcopter wrote:
I got no result.
i think this is an easy answer to your question.
This makes no sense though. Why not kill him or me for that matter? Dead cop = better than role blocked cop, as roleblock gives away the existance of a role blocker (something scum don't want to do). (If they killed Emp and roleblocked whoever else they thought might be a powerrole, then the second person wouldnt claim being roleblocked, so the town still wouldnt know about the roleblocker) Also dead confirmed innocent = better for scum as town has one less person they can trust. So the night kill makes no sense strategically. But this does not surprise me.

Cyb: if you're new, fine. I apologize that travesty turned out to be one of your first games. I am, however, not interested in justification. What do you think of Rofl and Q?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Cybele »

I don't really know about q: I've always liked him, but I'm afraid that's just because he thought the same as I did on day 1.
Rofl was arguing against the kuribo bw nearer to the start of the day, so while he isn't cleared, I'm not all that suspicious of him right now.
PS- as for you: I'm willing to believe you're town because of Emp, and not for your logical approach to the game so far. :P
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Mirth »

Good. Never trust anyone just because of their logic.

What do you think of Coheed?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Cybele »

I have no opinion of coheed. i just haven't seen enough of him.
Note: I'm rather leaning to what you've said about each of the players so far, but I think some of it is actually my own opinion. Can't say for sure though, I get a little impressionable when I'm new to something. Case-in-point: my first arguement against dcorbe. I just said that I agreed with q21, and had no opinion or arguement of my own. :blush:
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Cybele »

:oops: <-- that's what I meant by '':blush:''.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Lowell »

If mod's post referred to not sending a result to emp, then he's cop. If we're dealing w/ mafia roleblocker and he blocked emp instead of kill, then he's town. So, either way, I feel safe with him being alive.

vote q21
. Who cares about a mafia godfather? Someone who plans to plant the seeds of doubt in all investigations.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Mirth »

Lowell wrote:If mod's post referred to not sending a result to emp, then he's cop. If we're dealing w/ mafia roleblocker and he blocked emp instead of kill, then he's town. So, either way, I feel safe with him being alive.

vote q21
. Who cares about a mafia godfather? Someone who plans to plant the seeds of doubt in all investigations.
Do you actually have a valid reason for voting Q? One that does not revolve around mod-outguessing? Or is this pure OMGUS?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Lowell

It look like its between him and q21, I know I'm pro-town and I was afraid of godfathers so it can only Be lowell. I also agree with mirth's logic.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”