Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Psyche »

saying "this is my first time as mafia" while in other ongoing games is really skeevy for the record
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Psyche »

i wanna walk through the logic to make sure that's what's happened...
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:59 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 649, Amrun wrote:
In post 220, Nachomamma8 wrote:So, unfortunately, I will be traveling from now until the 2nd of February. My activity will be a little more limited than I'd like and I'll be stuck phone posting, but I will still be a force of nature.
Like, y’all aren’t even reading his posts, so how can I trust you to understand the gamestate? This is only the first and most clear time it’s mentioned. Anyone scumreading nacho without acknowledging this is automatically suspect.
Missing a post =/= not reading someone’s posts
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 650, Psyche wrote:saying "this is my first time as mafia" while in other ongoing games is really skeevy for the record
I had this dilemma the first time I played as a newbie but I can’t remember what my solution was
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 642, SherlockHolmes wrote:Subject: Saga Mafia Threats to Hazel PT
Sujimichi wrote:Hey mastina! I think that I should keep my current role, if that is okay with you. This is my first time as Mafia, and being assured of death prior to Day 3 relieves some of the pressure for me.
Suji started this game after s/he started this one. I think that dropping the tone in that comment is entirely natural, and wasn’t planned out as a safeguard against that game ending first, which makes me strongly believe they had rolled town in this game before getting their scum PM there.

This is why I said it was angleshooty and I still think it’s kind of ick, but I would like us to move on from suji!scum discussion.
Dated to Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:48 pm
In post 81, Sujimichi wrote:Hey everyone!
Dated to Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Okay, so why aren't we just sparing this slot today? It's problematic but "You must play to win the game" means "You must play to win the game".

HEAL: Sujimichi
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 639, SherlockHolmes wrote:
In post 629, Amrun wrote:
In post 628, Hectic wrote:
In post 627, Amrun wrote:Nacho hasn’t done anything scummy in my eyes. All the “cases” on him seem nebulous and some of them seem opportunistic.

I’m not so overly sure he’s town but I think lynching him because he has a high reputation and has had a V/LA in the middle of the phase making it difficult for him to engage is ridiculous.

He’s a townread but the fisticuffs is about the annoyance of lynching day 1 the best player in the game for shit reasons. I joined to play with him. Idk Undertale and couldn’t care less. I just wanted to play with Nacho.
town for me, but i don't see anything he's done as loserish.
in fact, i was a little paranoid when he first locked us as town.
but he's obviously very experienced so maybe he's just that good that he can instantly tell someone's town based on style of posting alone.
and loser!Nacho coming in to push through a SPARE on town day 1 seems like an odd strategy, dontcha think?
unless he thinks it gives him significant towncred but that doesn't really work without flips for SPAREs.
hell if i know.
welp, i see that you and my old pal Sujimichi have had a lot to talk about while i was gone.
i'll get to that tonight.
I agree and frankly, if he was going to fake a confident townread on someone to spare them and get them out of his hair, I would not have expected it to be you. Especially after arguing against sparing.

A better scum strat for that is to pick someone who is familiar and a threat to pocket/remove threat by sparing.
The problem with this is that it’s making an assumption about scumplay that I disagree with beyond a certain level, which is that one move is meaningfully more likely than another once a certain level of scumplay is reached.

The fact that it is suboptimal is exactly why a scum player of calibre might do that some of the time. I highly doubt that nacho (unless his scumgame is much weaker than his towngame, which idk) sees himself as limited in what options are available to scum!him. So approaching the question of “if he’s scum, would he do this suboptimal thing” is meaningless imo.

I don’t know if I explained that well, but I can try again if necessary
I follow, and I don’t necessarily disagree. I’m not making a town case here. I am just saying that to date, no one’s cases on nacho impress me, and some are downright awful and opportunistic. I won’t fight nacho today. I refuse.

Also, if Farkran slot ends up flipping scum, I would lynch alimdia with impugnity, and vice versa, for alimdia’s redirect to Pine. I keep meaning to say that and forgetting.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 621, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 616, Farkran wrote:Also i'm wondering how Nacho specifically has now became consensus FoS from Suji and Replica (and sherlock, but he looks independent from the other two), but none of them are questioning the towniness of Hectic (Nacho is the leading train for his spare) or my scumminess (Nacho is the only remaining fight vote on me). Actually, i have to admit Suji did question my scumminess by switching his vote to Nacho. Hmmm.
My town read on Hectic is independent of my read on Nachomama8. Are you asserting that a scum player would not accurately town read a Town player intentionally? You are correct in that I stated that I was re-evaluating you as Mafia and have provided where you fall in my current Fight order.
No, i am asserting that it's weird that people fighting me were mostly the same people sparing hectic. This does not necessarily imply that Hectic is scum, but from my POV i'm very, very skeptical of my wagon being full town, and by extension i find it weird that scum would be happy to spare town!hectic.

Having divergent opinions on what's better between spare and fight might be NAI, but the choice of which players to spare and fight is definitely not. This is one of the main reasons i am skeptical of town!Hectic to begin with - i am always wary of general consensus wagons formed by easy "town blocs" when i know for certain that said town blocs are wrong, and ending this day on a flipless spare is definitely NOT a good idea. As i said, even fighting my slot would be better than that - at least you will have a flip to work with, realize that this town bloc is probably NOT a town bloc, and ultimately realize why i am being so insistent against sparing - especially using this specific wagon composition as a basis.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Amrun »

Interesting, about Sujimichi. I’m hesitant to give a clear for this reason, but I acknowledge it has weight. At the very least, it’s probably better not to fight there today. Blegh.

HURT: Psyche

Not having a scumread is gross. I don’t know psyche enough to know if he could easily fabricate one as scum for optics.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Amrun »

@sherlock: so you think hectic and nacho could be scum together?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Psyche »

??? are you blind?
we have confirmed town right before us, why are you depending on weakly reasoned scumreads instead
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Amrun »

Because sparing is trash and I don’t consider that a full confirmation.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Psyche »

As far as I'm concerned, we have 4-5 sure spares lined up already. Scum will surely kill a couple of them, but the game is practically in the bag. All we have to do is execute.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Psyche »

I'm sorry but that's inconceivable. This is close to a confirmation as can imaginably occur without mod/PR intervention. Are you scum?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Amrun »

Why would this be helpful to do?

And four to FIVE?! Surely one or more of these is wrong. Sparing one that’s wrong is a major deal, and we have no info. No thanks, no. Would rather never spare ever.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 662, Psyche wrote:I'm sorry but that's inconceivable. This is close to a confirmation as can imaginably occur without mod/PR intervention. Are you scum?
I don’t even want to spare the friendly neighbor today so .... I don’t really care what you think. It has been discussed in depth why sparing FN today is harmful. Same deal for some skeevy thing like this. I did get my fight vote off of him though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Psyche »

Suji
Sherlock
Hectic
Nachomamma
Me

I'd bet the whole game on this entire group being town. And god surely hates someone in the scumteam if the IC isn't among these. I simply do not need any scumreads this game and don't care if you don't like it. Let's just end this and go next.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 643, SherlockHolmes wrote:
In post 220, Nachomamma8 wrote:So, unfortunately, I will be traveling from now until the 2nd of February. My activity will be a little more limited than I'd like and I'll be stuck phone posting, but I will still be a force of nature.
@suji
Thank you. I do not view this as a statement of a leave of absence as Amrun indicated, but it does explain reduced activity which I mentioned beforehand I was already trying not to use in my read of Nachomamma8.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Sujimichi »

For clarity, I would have made the "this is my first time as Mafia" comment if I had received a Mafia role in this game as I would only be discussing completed games per the site rules. This is not a good reason to town read me in this game.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 666, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 643, SherlockHolmes wrote:
@suji
Thank you. I do not view this as a statement of a leave of absence as Amrun indicated, but it does explain reduced activity which I mentioned beforehand I was already trying not to use in my read of Nachomamma8.
V/LA is vacation / limited access. He is clearly declaring limited access with an end date. That’s a v/la.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Thank you for the clarity on the definition. It does not change my viewpoint on his contribution since given the specificity of his comment.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 667, Sujimichi wrote:For clarity, I would have made the "this is my first time as Mafia" comment if I had received a Mafia role in this game as I would only be discussing completed games per the site rules. This is not a good reason to town read me in this game.
i don't believe you
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Psyche »

Should I go into detail why I don't believe you? Why I don't believe you'd go out of your way to lie in a PT when you could have conveyed your inexperience some other way?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I cannot make you believe me. I can only state that I do not reference ongoing games as it is a violation of site rules. This is not a productive discussion.

I do not wish to be Spared, and I would rather you give an opinion on whom you wish to Fight.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Psyche »

The sentence is a reference to ongoing games whether it was false or not. And I've been clear that I'm only for sparing.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please do not publicly accuse players of breaking the rules. If you think a rule has been broken, PM the moderator or a list mod.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”