Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Kison »

Tell me something.

What are his scum motivations for doing this?
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Ennui2778 »

Most regrettably, I will be on vacation until Friday. While it is probable that I will be able to find me a computer, do not be alarmed if I drop off the radar and start posting (even) less frequently.

@ Kison, if he is silent, he can't say let anything slip, or make a contradiction that we'd be able to call him on later.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Kison »

What are his scum motivations for continuing to refuse to participate when the ultimate penalty is death? To lynch him for this alone after this short of a time is ridiculous. Acceptable behavior? Maybe not. But the game's just started. I'm not saying he's not scum. But I bet you if he's not, they're all over this wagon.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by darkdude »

First of all, may I ask what is "AtE"? I have never heard of this term before.

Now, refusing to talk means he's basically unreadable. If he's just doing this in this game, it would be easier dealt, but since this is his meta specialty, we are stuck because there is nothing to indicate that his behaviour is role-related. This is just pissing me off really, because there is no good solution. I think, however, if he stays like this (which is likely), it would be better to lynch him sooner than later. I'm positive that this unreadable behaviour will cause much havoc and distraction in lategame as we run out of tolerance for mislynches.

In the worse case, which is that he turns out town, I think we would be able to look at the pushers of the wagon for next day.

Not that I have made up my mind about this yet. Just that at this point I think if we have no more leads today lynching Chenhsi would be the alternative vs No Lynch.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by ting =) »

i do NOT like how fast the chenhsi wagon grew.

it's too big for something so small. also, a number of the vote posts strike me as opportunistic.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by ting =) »

also, why do you consider no lynch a valid alternative, darkdude?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by raider8169 »

People that are bad posters are bad for town. Anyone that is bad for town is worth a lynch. These cases are better left for when we have a deadline and the town can not agree on someone else to lynch. Its not a bad option as there is the possibility he is scum however the reasons are simply because he is anti-town. I am not a fan of these lynches this quickly as there is no deadline so there is still time. My vote was more for pressure and seeing as that did nothing my vote will stay as it is just annoying.

Plus I will take this time to point out rule number [07] LURKING AND NOT POSTING. Please read it he is falling under this case if you ask me. However that is not my job to monitor so I will do my part by keeping my vote where it is.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:18 am

Post by Cass »

Second the question: what's AtE stand for?
ting =) wrote:also, why do you consider no lynch a valid alternative, darkdude?
That smells of misrepresenting, ting. He said lynching Chenhsi beats no lynch. Not that if we don't lynch chenhsi we should no lynch...
I don't think there is a particularly high chance that Chen is scum, he is simply unreadable. And that is extremely annoying and undermines the town's work. So chenhsi, if you're town, please prove it to us. This might be your last chance.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Cass »

EBWOP: By proving I don't mean anything like claiming, just show that you're going to play this game by posting content. Contribute something to the scumhunt.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

darkdude wrote:
Request replacement: Chenhsi

Do we really have to deal with someone who doesn't want to play? Or is that a new valid strategy?
It's something that has to be dealt with by players, rather than mod. I mean, seriously. You can't request someone else replaced just because you dislike it. So long as towns lack the balls to lynch lurkers, it's a valid strat.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Matin »

Woah, that went really quickly.

imo, the speed of the wagon is bothersome, but as of right now I think Chenhsi is probably the best target for it. Either he's scum or useless town (which isn't a horrible thing to shake off on day 1)

Another point re: the three quick votes, it was right after Dark Dude had meta'd him and found he was posting in other games while ignoring here. I'd have to agree that it's the most damning evidence we got right now, so I can understand the votes..

@darkdude, I see your point about the initial post but something still strikes me as fishy there, probably more so with your later explanation. Could be nothing, and I won't advocate a lynch for you today, but I'd sure like it if a potential vig would test it out. The claim is way to convenient if you are a godfather type character..
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

Matin wrote:imo, the speed of the wagon is bothersome, but as of right now I think Chenhsi is probably the best target for it. Either he's scum or useless town (which isn't a horrible thing to shake off on day 1)
I agree the speed was faster then I thought it would be even though I am number 2 on the votes. I would like to wait a bit before the hammer drops as new things can develop. Does anyone see anyone acting scummier then Chenhsi at the current moment? If so please say who and why.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

the only reason to lynch lurkers is for meta-game reasons... so that if you lynch lurkers in this game maybe they won't lurk next game..

honestly though if we're playing to win lynching lurkers is just a distraction that scum are probably licking their chops at.. chenshi seems uninterested in the game rather than actively staying quiet to avoid revealing incriminating information... i would rather get back to darkdude's "i can't be arrested by pigs meaning i cant get nightkilled" which sounds weird as hell to be honest.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 am

Post by darkdude »

also, why do you consider no lynch a valid alternative, darkdude?
I don't.
It's something that has to be dealt with by players, rather than mod. I mean, seriously. You can't request someone else replaced just because you dislike it. So long as towns lack the balls to lynch lurkers, it's a valid strat.
The way I see cicero's ruleset, silence is no valid strategy. But since it doesn't look like our mod will interfere in this case, I guess we will have to deal with it.
i would rather get back to darkdude's "i can't be arrested by pigs meaning i cant get nightkilled" which sounds weird as hell to be honest.
Yeah sure, so why don't you start by asking something? Or are you going to keep trying to get other people to do things for you?
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 am

Post by chenhsi »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:the only reason to lynch lurkers is for meta-game reasons... so that if you lynch lurkers in this game maybe they won't lurk next game..
I doubt it will stop me from not helping much next game if you lynch me now...
Cubsfan4ever wrote:chenshi seems uninterested in the game rather than actively staying quiet to avoid revealing incriminating information...
I'm not uninterested...I'm just not saying anything... well, not a lot anyway...
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Kison »

There's a pretty solid difference between lynching a lurker as a default-lynch policy and lynching one right off the bat. While lurking isn't helpful, or even acceptable as consistent behavior, the fact remains that it doesn't
really
divulge much about Chen's alignment. I've never seen a strong correlation between lurking and alignment. Hell, I have had my days of unacceptable lurking as Town. If someone would like to present me something to prove me wrong, then by all means.

That being said, Chen, why did you sign up for this game if you don't plan on helping? Is it truly that difficult for you to find
anything
to comment on besides posts directed at you in particular? Who do you suspect? Who do you not suspect? Why?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:24 am

Post by raider8169 »

chenhsi wrote:I'm not uninterested...I'm just not saying anything... well, not a lot anyway...
Tell you what, pick someone anyone make a case against them and vote them. Only then will I unvote.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by darkdude »

There's a pretty solid difference between lynching a lurker as a default-lynch policy and lynching one right off the bat. While lurking isn't helpful, or even acceptable as consistent behavior, the fact remains that it doesn't really divulge much about Chen's alignment. I've never seen a strong correlation between lurking and alignment. Hell, I have had my days of unacceptable lurking as Town. If someone would like to present me something to prove me wrong, then by all means.
I don't think anyone who is voting for him wants his immediate death. Most likely they're just putting their vote on him instead of "Not voting" to make use of the vote.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by chenhsi »

All right, currently trying to make a case against some one, give me some time please?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by ting =) »

@cass.
I think if we have no more leads today
lynching Chenhsi would be the alternative vs No Lynch.
this bit is so rushing. a bit too early to say things like this. it bothers me.
My problem is that I don't like either of the alternatives he's mentioned. I don't see why he should have even mentioned a no lynch in the first place.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Kison »

darkdude wrote:
There's a pretty solid difference between lynching a lurker as a default-lynch policy and lynching one right off the bat. While lurking isn't helpful, or even acceptable as consistent behavior, the fact remains that it doesn't really divulge much about Chen's alignment. I've never seen a strong correlation between lurking and alignment. Hell, I have had my days of unacceptable lurking as Town. If someone would like to present me something to prove me wrong, then by all means.
I don't think anyone who is voting for him wants his immediate death. Most likely they're just putting their vote on him instead of "Not voting" to make use of the vote.
My response to this wagon was mainly sparked by this post :
forbiddanlight wrote:Ugh...yanno what? If Chenshi doesn't actually defend himself before 9 PM EST tomorrow, I'll take him to L-1. I mean, at first I thought it was a really crazy wagon, but judging by his reactions, he's rolling over and dying, possibly in an AtE. It's scummy.
Which :

- Is a convenient change of heart when the wagon is getting hot.
- Considers 'rolling over and dying' to be more likely to come from scum than from Town.
- Puts Chen in a very vulnerable position after a short amount of time.

Please note that FL has not posted here since I brought this up, despite posting elsewhere on the site.
Vote : ForbiddanLight
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:58 am

Post by raider8169 »

chenhsi wrote:All right, currently trying to make a case against some one, give me some time please?
How much more time do you need?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Please note I haven't had a chance to reread to be honest, and apparently thought I said I'd do a reread, not just vote based on defense or lack thereof. I've been posting elsewhere, but mostly single things taking in at most a page of information. I had to replace out of one of my games already. I actually thought I said I'd do a reread first, not just expect a defense. I actually didn't think I said something that loose. Well, now, I'm going to do a reread before I'm voting anyone, since for once I have time. As for "short amount of time", it didn't seem that way to me, but I realize that these take longer. Anyway, your point is noted, Kison, and I said something that bespeaks imprudent haste that I'm not gonna follow through on. Expect a feelings post within the next 2 hours or so.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Right now, I've gotten as far as page 4 on my reread. It'll be a while longer, but I'm trying.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:10 am

Post by cicero »

Day One Vote Count 5
[/b]

raider8169[1] (Ting =) )
chenhsi[5] (Ghyrt, Cass, darkdude, raider8169, Ennui2778)
darkdude[1] (Cubsfanforever)
Forbiddenlight[1] (Kison)

Not Voting[4] (chenhsi, The Fonz, Matin, Forbiddenlight)

With 12 Alive 7 will lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”