Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Gah, I had a birthday to attend and I was away for a few days. I thought I posted that I was going to be absent in this thread but I guess it slipped my mind. Anyway, DWS seems a bit suspicious as do Chenhsi and Wumbo.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Dark wingstalker »

nhat wrote:Is it just me, or is anyone else not buying into Dark wingstalker's oafish antics? He's done jack for town with his meat-headed bumbling, cluttering up the thread with straight garbage. He should have zero excuse for not knowing the vote count, seeing that he has a finished game on this site, so claiming noob is utterly ludicrous. Plus you say that you have experience on other sites, too? You honestly should know better, and nobody wants to hold your hand through this, even though you have cats spoon-feeding you your slip-ups. Get on the ball, man.
I'm not claiming noob, i'm just saying i'm new to the jargon around here, and i'm not massively experienced with forum mafia. Sure i've finished 4-5 games, but skimming over a vote is a mistake based on inexperience.i made ONE mistake.

I gave wumbo twelve hours to defend himself [Check the post times, it was pretty much exact] and he didnt. I chucked a vote on to get him to talk alittle. I'm prone to skim-reading the less interesting mafia threads, and at the time of my post, the game had just left the random voting stage. Re-reading it, I see that you were the initial attacker on me aswell, Jumping to Wumbo's defence.

Nhat wrote: Certainly Wumbo's inaction after his serious business comment rubbed me the wrong way, and the bandwagon developed from there, but wingstalker, was it really called for to put him at L-1? I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack. Why risk it? And the "I'm gonna give you 12 hours to respond" ultimatum is lousy for an L-1 vote. In my experience, people who do this can just say that the response was insufficient, knowing good and well that they've decided beforehand to vote for the person. We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer. Interestingly, since i have re-read this thread, eager not to screw up again, I noticed the when you jumped onto wumbo's wagon, You had less reasoning then i did.

This has been brought into question before, and you dodged it with a line as everyone was too busy grilling me.
Nhat wrote: Just calling it as I see it. The FoS was to get maxwellhouse talking, and my votes have explanations.
Explanations? No sir, the vote on me had an explaination, the others? well, Geraint sums it up well Here.

Your starting to look alittle shaky there nhat. You've lurked except for when you've been directly attacking someone. You've done less for the town then I have, Not that thats much of an arguement, as its barely 4 pages out of the random voting stage.

Congratulations game, You now have my full and undivided attention. [/url]
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Post by nhat »

1. Geraintm summed up dick. I stated my reasons. Wumbo was talking about serious business, and he didn't follow up, instead opting to lurk. I put my vote on him for some pressure. Even Hellen Keller could spell that out for herself, it's that self explanatory.

2. My vote did not put Wumbo at ONE VOTE AWAY FROM LYNCH.

3. I'm happy my initial attack was on you, seeing that you completely flaked out afterwards with your shenanigans and/or stupidity.

4. Explain how, in any kind of mafia game, after the random voting phase, could you disregard other's votes when you are deciding who to vote for.

Looking shaky? If I'm a little shaky, then you must be Muhammed Ali.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker wrote:I'm not claiming noob, i'm just saying i'm new to the jargon around here, and i'm not massively experienced with forum mafia. Sure i've finished 4-5 games, but skimming over a vote is a mistake based on inexperience.i made ONE mistake.
You fail to realize the discussion that can pick up after somebody gets a good lead on somebody.
Dark wingstalker wrote:I gave wumbo twelve hours to defend himself [Check the post times, it was pretty much exact] and he didnt. I chucked a vote on to get him to talk alittle. I'm prone to skim-reading the less interesting mafia threads, and at the time of my post, the game had just left the random voting stage. Re-reading it, I see that you were the initial attacker on me aswell, Jumping to Wumbo's defence.
The more you pay attention, the less likely you will get lynched.
Dark wingstalker wrote:As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer.
This is completely false. Mafia do indeed hammer, and geraintm didn't say (explicitly, anyway) that they never hammer. All I can find him saying about this matter is this:
geraintm wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:
Then i unvoted when i realised that a member of the mafia could hammer his bandwagon easily, Which they didnt do. So if/when you lynch me and i turn up clean, you should look at the people already on Wumbo's bandwagon.
hammering and mafia just dones't work anymore. just too obvious
Operative word: "anymore". Meaning he knows they have in the past.

I disagree with what geraintm has said here, though. I want both of you to go find a completed game where somebody claimed a power role at L-1, read the page or two after that point, and come back and tell me what you see and why you think you saw what you saw.
Dark wingstalker wrote:Interestingly, since i have re-read this thread, eager not to screw up again, I noticed the when you jumped onto wumbo's wagon, You had less reasoning then i did.

This has been brought into question before, and you dodged it with a line as everyone was too busy grilling me.
Where is this?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:24 am

Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 am

I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer.
Using such an obvious WIFOM seems very suspicious. Surely if you were to use it you could try and disguise it?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:02 am

Post by geraintm »

Dark wingstalker wrote:
I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer.

if that is how you interpreted it, then that is not what i meant. i meant to say that looking at who hammered to use that to catch scum is not a good way anymore to catch mafia. it is too well known for it to be any use
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:46 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

Dark wingstalker wrote:I gave wumbo twelve hours to defend himself [Check the post times, it was pretty much exact] and he didnt. I chucked a vote on to get him to talk alittle. I'm prone to skim-reading the less interesting mafia threads, and at the time of my post, the game had just left the random voting stage. Re-reading it, I see that you were the initial attacker on me aswell, Jumping to Wumbo's defence.
err what? you gave wumbo 12 hours to defend himself, then later said you didn't even have enough time yourself to always be on the board? so you gave him half a day, yet when someone questions you about your timing it's null? that doesn't make sense. and wumbo is scummy for not giving a proper defense in 12 hours yet you are immune to that.
Inspector Godot wrote:Anyway, DWS seems a bit suspicious as do Chenhsi and Wumbo.
care to explain?
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Litral »

Although I'm attentive, I'm not going to bother with this discussion.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

geraintm wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:

if that is how you interpreted it, then that is not what i meant. i meant to say that looking at who hammered to use that to catch scum is not a good way anymore to catch mafia. it is too well known for it to be any use
Heh. That means I misinterpreted you too. But I knew you didn't mean Mafia never hammers anybody, which is why I called Dark wingstalker out for misrepresenting you.

Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:39 am

geraintm wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:

Thats not how I took it, I merely meant that no mafia would hammer the lynch on Day 1, because on day 2 they would be on the chopping block.

Sure, it happens but when it does it rarely ends well.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 am

Post by imaginality »

maxwellhouse makes a good point:
err what? you gave wumbo 12 hours to defend himself, then later said you didn't even have enough time yourself to always be on the board? so you gave him half a day, yet when someone questions you about your timing it's null? that doesn't make sense. and wumbo is scummy for not giving a proper defense in 12 hours yet you are immune to that.
My vote is on Dark wingstalker and right now, it's hard to see that changing.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 am

No, Not that at all.

I hadn't posted, Whereas Wumbo posted multiple times, and had not produced anything of substance during that time.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker wrote:Thats not how I took it, I merely meant that no mafia would hammer the lynch on Day 1, because on day 2 they would be on the chopping block.

This contradicts your saying that Mafia never hammer. You're digging a deeper and deeper hole as you post, and you've gone deeper than Wumbo. I would do something about that if I were you.

Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:28 pm

maxwellhouse wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:Anyway, DWS seems a bit suspicious as do Chenhsi and Wumbo.
care to explain?
Well I think DWS sort of doesn't need explaining right now. Wumbo didn't really defend himself when he was at L-1 which strikes me as odd and Chenhsi is just giving me a gut feeling which is probably nothing.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by chenhsi »

What's the gut feeling?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

chenhsi, please answer these questions:

1. Do you believe you are currently helping the town to find the scum? If so, how?

2. Out of the players who've come under attack so far (most notably Wumbo and Dark wingstalker), who do you find most suspicious? And why?

3. Has anything else anyone has said struck you as odd, questionable, or worth commenting on?

4. What would the chances of a town win be if we all adopted your playing style?

Sorry, that last question was a bit mean (please answer the first three though) but honestly, your playing style is becoming increasingly irritating. I find it hard to believe that you can see nothing worth commenting on and feel you have nothing to contribute aside from a 1-line post here and there.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by chenhsi »

1. Probably not... although I will say something if I can find something to comment on...

4. I didn't consider this mean (although I see how you could). The chances? Lower than it could be.

Still trying to think of an answer for numbers 2 and 3, and I'm busy now, so I'll do those later.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:Thats not how I took it, I merely meant that no mafia would hammer the lynch on Day 1, because on day 2 they would be on the chopping block.

This contradicts your saying that Mafia never hammer. You're digging a deeper and deeper hole as you post, and you've gone deeper than Wumbo. I would do something about that if I were you.
How so? I said "mafia never hammer" in much the same way Geraint did. Mafia dont, Because its far too obvious a move.

Really, I'm giving you guys everything I have, and all i'm hearing back is "that makes it worse for you." I've told you I find Nhat suspicious, and i've apolagised for not paying proper attention to the thread. I'm not sure what else i can contribute on day 1. Your throwing around alot of high end theory stuff that I cant argue with.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 pm

to further on my "mafia never hammer" comments:

How so? I said "mafia never hammer" in much the same way Geraint did. Mafia dont, Because its far too obvious a move. That doesnt mean it never happens, but on Day 1 the mafia would be stupid for pushing the hammer themselves, when they could just target a scapegoat.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker wrote:How so? I said "mafia never hammer" in much the same way Geraint did. Mafia dont, Because its far too obvious a move. That doesnt mean it never happens, but on Day 1 the mafia would be stupid for pushing the hammer themselves, when they could just target a scapegoat.
geraintm clarified that going after whoever throws the hammer vote with the assumption that he or she is scum doesn't work. He is not saying that Mafia never throws down the hammer.

I'll consider unvoting you if you can tell me why you find nhat suspicious.

Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 pm

[quote="
Nhat wrote: Certainly Wumbo's inaction after his serious business comment rubbed me the wrong way, and the bandwagon developed from there, but wingstalker, was it really called for to put him at L-1? I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack. Why risk it? And the "I'm gonna give you 12 hours to respond" ultimatum is lousy for an L-1 vote. In my experience, people who do this can just say that the response was insufficient, knowing good and well that they've decided beforehand to vote for the person. We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer. Interestingly, since i have re-read this thread, eager not to screw up again, I noticed the when you jumped onto wumbo's wagon, You had less reasoning then i did.

Nhat wrote: Just calling it as I see it. The FoS was to get maxwellhouse talking, and my votes have explanations.
Explanations? No sir, the vote on me had an explaination, the others? well, Geraint sums it up well Here.

Your starting to look alittle shaky there nhat. You've lurked except for when you've been directly attacking someone. You've done less for the town then I have, Not that thats much of an arguement, as its barely 4 pages out of the random voting stage.
[/quote]

That was from higher on the page.

To summarise: I find Nhat suspicious because, His only posts early in the game were decisive attacks on players, then when he saw he had an advantage with me, He pressed the attack and is tearing into me. His initial 2 votes had very little explaination to them, and frankly, I just find him suspicious, in my gut. FOS's Chenshi, chenshi mainly for the way he is dodging questions recently, and wumbo, now the pressure is off him, he has retreated back to a semi-lurk, coming forth to defend himself when you utter his name.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:

So he never answered.
Dark wingstalker wrote:
Dark wingstalker wrote:

That was from higher on the page.

To summarise: I find Nhat suspicious because, His only posts early in the game were decisive attacks on players, then when he saw he had an advantage with me, He pressed the attack and is tearing into me. His initial 2 votes had very little explaination to them, and frankly, I just find him suspicious, in my gut. FOS's Chenshi, chenshi mainly for the way he is dodging questions recently, and wumbo, now the pressure is off him, he has retreated back to a semi-lurk, coming forth to defend himself when you utter his name.
Very well then,
unvote: Dark wingstalker
and
vote: Nhat
until he explains this.

Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:52 pm

chenhsi wrote:What's the gut feeling?
Meh, it's just a gut feeling based off of nothing. I get them sometimes and they're usually wrong but it was enough for me to list you. To be honest I don't think you're as suspicious as the other two I listed though.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by nhat »

DWS, I'm semi-lurking? I think you are the scum, what else do I need to say? Do I need to mount campaigns against other players now?

And I pretty much gave you your answers in post 177, so what else is there that I need to explain?

Speaking of dodging comments, why did you dodge this one?
Explain how, in any kind of mafia game, after the random voting phase, could you disregard other's votes when you are deciding who to vote for.
And Strangercoug, you just up and switch your vote just like that? Check out 177. DWS's argument is based on geraintm's case against me, which, by the way, chooses what looks most incriminating instead of providing the entirety of my quotations.

As far as posting to attack and defend, this is Mafia, not a knitting circle. WTF am i supposed to do? Gossip and chit chat? We have dudes on here now talking about their gut feelings, so we'll see how far that gets us in the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”