Bingle--------------------------------------
(1)
Amrun

Psyche -------------------------------------

Not Fighting:
- (4) Replica, Psyche, Chara, Bingle

<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>

Nachomamma8 was impressed by Hectic's excavating capabilities.
"Totally rad, dawg! You made an underground in the Underground! You should put a shaft in there so you can dig while I dig that you dig! You dig!?!"
Nachomamma8 picked Hectic up and flew into the hole. Then he waddled over to the corner of the hole, the corner closest the Dreemur home. With his foot, he scraped a small beginning of a tunnel in the soft earth of the wall. Then he frosted the edges of the tunnel, hardening it so that it would not collapse. The tunnel was too small for Nachomamma8 himself, but he was confident he could chill the whole thing if it went deeper.
"You can burrow and go rescue Sujimichi! He's probably super bored and stuff! Also this is like prison break stuff it's really awesome! We're total rebels!"
Hectic's understanding seemed partial at best. He rolled onto his back and wallowed in the dirt, getting his body covered in fresh earth.
"YIP! YIP! YIP!"
Regardless, Hectic always liked when he sensed he was getting attention.

With nine alive, it takes five to make a decision.
(expired on 2020-02-14 20:00:00).
Replacement Key
Last edited by popsofctown on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Replica »

In post 1330, Farkran wrote:Just elaborate the quoted post, i'd like to hear about your strongest read and your read of chemist specifically.
Chemist is in nullpile, reading him before was just "This dude needs to give us something", which has since happened but I had no real reaction to while reading the thread through. Strongest read refers to scumreading you (ie. the Chemist tenuous assgrab would assume you are town)
In post 1330, Farkran wrote:It does fit you a little better though, after i noticed that your talk is mostly about about
government conspiracy
and war analogies, but please. Don't do that.
? This isn't really game-related but is this part referring to #703?

"Conspiracy" has very negative, paranoid connotations as a word. It brings to mind far-fetched things like "The moon landing was fake" or "9/11 was done by the CIA". The approaches to diplomacy are very settled and consensus history, and those descriptions Kissinger and Shultz would not only agree with but even applied to themselves.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1335, Amrun wrote:I don’t know what to think about nacho.

I think his treatment of the Farkran slot is off, as previously noted.
Thinking that Farkan is unreasonable or wrong at points isn't mutually exclusive with thinking that he's town as shit. Do you disagree with the case? Do you think Farkan as mafia would play a game that looks like this?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1335, Amrun wrote:Nacho, can we compromise on Bingle? What do you think?
I'll compromise if you can sell me on someone outside of Bingle and Chemist having a significant chance of being scum. I'll compromise if you can sell me on Chemist having a significant chance of being town.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Replica »

At first I thought that post was pretty yikes but it's better than I thought going through your reads.

I think your Farkran read is bad; my interpretation is very far from "batshit insane" scumplay, and closer to "it's terrible execution", but this is a war for another day as long as he's not up for a spare.

Amrun/me you really don't seem to be concerned with I guess is my criticism; like I really struggle to understand how you think this is in both of our ranges but are willing to just handwave it off for now.

And like, agree to disagree on Alimdia/Bingle, it's the slot I would most prefer to spare atm. Chara second, Hectic third.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Replica »

What initially threw me about that post is that I think your Chemist read is too strong given what he's actually done and what's actually happened.

Combining with your other townreads it makes more sense, but the reason scum post little content to begin with is that it doesn't give you much to go off of. I picked up on the "Defending lurkers=likely to be working backwards" immediately but still slot it as "more likely to come from scum but depending on the player..."

PoEing as an approach makes more sense to this than strength of feeling on Chemist I guess is what intrigued me here.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Replica »

Oh Hectic's at 3 and hasn't even selfed, yeah looks like it's time to ISO dive again.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Replica »

I doubt it will matter much but I'm also really curious as to where your perception of my scumrange is coming from: Like, you're right, but is it from my self-description, something intuitive about my approach to the game or the experience I must have, or...?
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Replica »

Well that was as productive as ever. Read progression on Chara isn't great but the rest is just...fine. 1183 makes sure to follow the telegraphing of 925 but something about the reinforcement with other points feels off, in particular the Chara sparing them period, but I can't see through it yet.

Chemist meta time I guess
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Replica »

This........is enlightening. This has not been even remotely helpful in figuring out Chemist's alignment, but this is a man dedicated to signing up for games and posting <100 words for their entirety, a patron saint of the Laconic tradition, absolutely dedicated to winning games with the least amount of effort and words possible.

This is by far the most effort he has put into any mafia game ever, I apologize for any previous complaints, godspeed.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Replica »

Reporting live on ABC: "Human runs headfirst into brick wall for 8th time; shifts attention to concrete. Says to brick wall "I'll be back", plans on 9th attempt in future"
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1359, Replica wrote:This........is enlightening. This has not been even remotely helpful in figuring out Chemist's alignment, but this is a man dedicated to signing up for games and posting <100 words for their entirety, a patron saint of the Laconic tradition, absolutely dedicated to winning games with the least amount of effort and words possible.

This is by far the most effort he has put into any mafia game ever, I apologize for any previous complaints, godspeed.
I’m not even gonna correct this post because it’s so well-articulated
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1359, Replica wrote:This........is enlightening. This has not been even remotely helpful in figuring out Chemist's alignment, but this is a man dedicated to signing up for games and posting <100 words for their entirety, a patron saint of the Laconic tradition, absolutely dedicated to winning games with the least amount of effort and words possible.

Weird.

Chemist was the last game we played together an outlier???

Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1362, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Weird.

What game was that
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1352, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Thinking that Farkan is unreasonable or wrong at points isn't mutually exclusive with thinking that he's town as shit. Do you disagree with the case? Do you think Farkan as mafia would play a game that looks like this?
I mean... no, probably not. I townlean him as of present. But it wasn’t that you were calling him wrong that bothered me, it was more like you were calling him disingenuous there.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1349, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1187, Replica wrote:Comparing Alimdia's posting here to a recently completed scumgame makes me feel better about the slot, too. There's a lot of throwing out loose speculation and accusations with a lot less emphasis on Alimdia not understanding points or trying to get to the bottom of them.

Posts like Alim's #129, #202, and #211 show a lot more genuine confusion and interest in understanding someone's thinking imo.
This is a stretch. While I agree there was more of an effort here to understand what was going on, I don't think the difference is at all outside the realm of Alimida simply playing better.
Alimdia played an extremely good scum game in Guns N’ Roses, which I recently completed with them. I caught them at the end, but I was mislynched in LyLo, so I mean, clearly didn’t go that well. Lol
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1353, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1335, Amrun wrote:Nacho, can we compromise on Bingle? What do you think?
I'll compromise if you can sell me on someone outside of Bingle and Chemist having a significant chance of being scum. I'll compromise if you can sell me on Chemist having a significant chance of being town.
Why do you think there is scum motivation in defending the lurkers, honestly?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1329, Farkran wrote:Why? Serious question. Why do you now townread hectic based on a poorly assembled meta case of his first game on site and a 40p multiball theme?

Why do you townread Nacho enough to sheep him while doing a complete 180° of your previous read?
I don’t think nachos case on Hectic is S/S. I think, independently of that, that nacho is likely town.

The meta case on Hectic doesn’t seem like a bad one, at all, and I’m willing to BoP nacho. If I’m confident in his ability to townread and confident that he’s not pushing a spare through on a buddy, why not trust his spare read?

Also: I’m not reversing a read, but changing a sheep. I always thought your hectic case was more more :eyebrows: for Chara than hec, tbh.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1363, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 1362, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Weird.

What game was that
The game where you hammered the scum that most people thought was town??

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1345, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1341, Farkran wrote:Scum!Chemist = i literally cannot see a reason for him to push me as a spare unless we are exactly the scum team, which is an immediate no to me.
I don't understand this at all. Scum doesn't push for a town spare because...?
Actually it would make sense if scum!Chemist hopes for a non-spare resolution today, and was pushing me because he thought i would never be spared in the first place... so he would be pushing for a town!Nacho mislynch with his fight vote, which was assumed to gather more appeal?

Eh... maybe, but i'm still missing a valid Chemist partner which is not me or Amrun. I could maybe buy Chemist/Psyche. I don't think that a Chemist flip would help though - it's certainly better than any spare, but i would like to compromise on something else.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1364, Amrun wrote:But it wasn’t that you were calling him wrong that bothered me, it was more like you were calling him disingenuous there.
I wasn't calling him disingenuous in the post you've highlighted but I probably called him disingenuous and called him town anyways. Do you think that ScumCho is entirely unable to track reads and forgot that he called Farkran disingenuous and then called him town anyways or do you feel there should be something I'm scumreading that I'm not or...?

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Bingle »

I’m roughly at

Nacho/Fark
Hectic/rep
Psyche
Amrun/Chara/chem

I trust nacho/psyche to have the strongest sense of what’s going on atm.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

this has been the best several pages all game
i have this deadline tuesday
i have time to mostly disengage until tuesday right?
You can't step in the same river twice.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1366, Amrun wrote:Why do you think there is scum motivation in defending the lurkers, honestly?
My initial thought was that Chemist as scum wouldn't defend the lurkers because there's no reason for him to stick his neck out for them.

My second thought is that Chemist defended the lurkers so he could sit back and take potshots at the townies pushing the lurkers and then have a place to sit after the lurkers are lynched. I think his tone is as flat and uninspiring as Ben Stein giving the State of the Union Address and I really can't find someone who I'd rather kick out of the playhouse than him.

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1352, Nachomamma8 wrote:

In post 1354, Replica wrote:At first I thought that post was pretty yikes but it's better than I thought going through your reads.

I think your Farkran read is bad; my interpretation is very far from "batshit insane" scumplay, and closer to "it's terrible execution", but this is a war for another day as long as he's not up for a spare.

Amrun/me you really don't seem to be concerned with I guess is my criticism; like I really struggle to understand how you think this is in both of our ranges but are willing to just handwave it off for now.

And like, agree to disagree on Alimdia/Bingle, it's the slot I would most prefer to spare atm. Chara second, Hectic third.
So, now i have a player who is townreading me for how bad i am at being town, and a player scumreading me for how bad i am at being scum. Nice, thank you guys, i'm sure you are awesome players who have every right to look down upon me without having checked any of my meta, despite having offered it multiple times over the course of this game. I think i am worse as town than i am as scum, but i still have 100% winrate as any alignment - it's just 6 games, but i have been praised for both my town and my scum play so far. As i said, neither of your approaches to this game is exempt from flaws - pretty big flaws to be honest, given that you are at the same time pushing for a scumsided route and hardtunneling me in either way. The vast majority of people i have played with will confirm that i am pretty much unreadable as any alignment, so i just don't believe you're doing your job right.

Nacho could be scum, Replica will probably just feel bad postgame but i hope he'll have time to improve - there's much to work on.

Back to trying to solve this...
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”