She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Previous VC:
Old Tutu
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1396, Amrun wrote:
In post 1373, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1366, Amrun wrote:Why do you think there is scum motivation in defending the lurkers, honestly?
My initial thought was that Chemist as scum wouldn't defend the lurkers because there's no reason for him to stick his neck out for them.

My second thought is that Chemist defended the lurkers so he could sit back and take potshots at the townies pushing the lurkers and then have a place to sit after the lurkers are lynched. I think his tone is as flat and uninspiring as Ben Stein giving the State of the Union Address and I really can't find someone who I'd rather kick out of the playhouse than him.
I’m going to be honest and I hope chemist doesn’t take offense, but this seems like planning more into the future than anything I have seen chemist do up until this point in any game I have ever played with him. He is not a dumb guy but he seems to play super in-the-moment to me.
?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1398, Amrun wrote:Also I agree with Farkran that sparing today is totally different than sparing FN yesterday. Having no flip today makes me disgusted.

I’d probably vote to fight almost anyone that would go through rather than sparing anyone still alive.
If we fight today we are necessarily going the 1 spare route unless we hit scum.

Any lynch here is going to be on a townread of several people making it pulling teeth to achieve or very low information anyway. No one has strong scumreads.

Any nightkill here is going to be high information.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1402, Bingle wrote:
In post 1398, Amrun wrote:Also I agree with Farkran that sparing today is totally different than sparing FN yesterday. Having no flip today makes me disgusted.

I’d probably vote to fight almost anyone that would go through rather than sparing anyone still alive.
If we fight today we are necessarily going the 1 spare route unless we hit scum.

Any lynch here is going to be on a townread of several people making it pulling teeth to achieve or very low information anyway. No one has strong scumreads.

Any nightkill here is going to be high information.
I would very much like to go the 1 spare route, yes.

I don’t functionally disagree with anything else you’ve said but the idea of sparing any slot left and not knowing how it flipped is like maddening.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

im maddened by both the prospect of mislynching and of missparring
You can't step in the same river twice.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

I would rather mislynch by a WIDE margin. At least we know.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Replica »

In post 1389, Farkran wrote:
In post 1380, Replica wrote:"Arrogant scum" is pushing it, I think he's more risen to the challenge of the game. Letting town continue to rack up spares is death, and most scumplayers think that unless they take control and lead they're not really proving themselves as players.
And please, Replica. Please, please understand that if i was scum here i would meet pretty much no resistance whatsoever in sparing me or my partner. "Letting town continue to rack up spares is death" is completely nonsensical.

When i replaced in i could pretty much quickhammer Hectic, kill random town, spare the FN d2, kill random town and still easily push for a spare on my partner. The way the gamestate is, i could probably push for a spare on anyone right now. Just look at how many people are townreading any random slot. Literally any.
Ah, yeah, give town two free spares and you easily get your scum partner on the third. This would have been very trivial for you, Day 1, replacing in and getting almost universally scumread until people started assuming your reads were too bad and nonsensical to be scum.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Replica »

The fact that people are townreading this slot for effort and "pushing the unpopular lynches" is so atrocious.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

i agreee
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1405, Amrun wrote:I would rather mislynch by a WIDE margin. At least we know.
there's no reason we shouldn't already be confident about our target's alignment before the flip happens
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Replica »

I hate everything about this day. As much as I don't want to spare Hectic right now, the way the last few pages have been going God do I just want to heal Hectic and have him rectify his day 1 mistake by instahammering it.

But TEAMWORK and PATIENCE WITH OTHERS, Replica! That's your whole goal for the game isn't it? Working together? Bringing the best out of others? Not putting them down? Isn't that the strength you're trying to build? Isn't that the only reason you're playing right now?

Ah, but darkness, my old friend, how you call me...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

Amrun wrote:I would rather mislynch by a WIDE margin. At least we know.
the idea that there's no one in this long ass game we can peg as town w near certainty is frankly as unfathomable as the prospect of sujimichi scum was yesterday
i think yet again you're unduly overstating the game uncertainty to the town's detriment
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Replica »

I can't get over the fact that someone just said "If I was scum, please understand that I would have just given town two free spares and got my partner on the third/fourth." and nobody else bats an eye at this.

This doesn't even make the top 10 worst posts of Farkran's this game alone.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1403, Amrun wrote:I would very much like to go the 1 spare route, yes.

I don’t functionally disagree with anything else you’ve said but the idea of sparing any slot left and not knowing how it flipped is like maddening.
Your argument is functionally “Let’s play mountainous!”

The whole point of the setup is trading the uncertainty of spares for progressively stronger mechanical information, and spares are objectively more useful early than late. I am 100% opposed to lynching today.

Are you seriously saying that in 50 pages you have 0 reads that you’re comfortable going, “yup, that’s town.”
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

I will say that lynching tomorrow is probably the right call, and we should probably only spare D4 if we hit scum tomorrow.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

I would like to point out, for anyone who hasn’t picked it up, that any mislynch precludes an autowin via mechanics AND no one is confident on a scumread that isn’t necessarily being hard defended by a town player.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Replica »

I see...absolutely nothing in this game that is not a natural extension of Farkran's scumgame of Newbie 1958, which had a giant focus on pushing perceived inconsistencies in progressions, accusatory/loaded scenario assertions, and positing teams.

A lot of that perspective follows into towngames, I don't really feel confident in metaing him over what he's done this game but I'd say he generally seems to take a lot more account of motives and perspectives than he's done here, and seems less inclined to make cases and hardpushes than when he's scum based off of that game and Mini 2106.

There is literally no reason to townread this slot, at all, and at this point I kind of just have to accept that people are going to refuse to read into anything but appearance of effort.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Replica »

HEAL: Bingle

This does double duty, spares a town and gets rid of a Farkran stan.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Bingle »

My tr isn’t based on effort, it’s based on who specifically he went after and my perception of the gamestate. I’ll consider your case though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm more confident in my townreads than i think i could be in any scumread right now, which i know is lame
and i think Bingle's posting has been better than alimdia's so i disagree with Replica there, but i also don't townread the slot.

not caught up but Hectic spare is the best and if there's no way to get to that i'll be trying for option 2 and seeing if that one sticks instead.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Replica »

chara look deep into your heart

very deeply

we spare hectic today

we roll into tomorrow, trapped in a room with bingle, psyche, farkran, and nacho

it will be dark days

town farkran stans are a DISEASE and the only way to quarantine is a spare
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

we dont really need to spare farkran to win
spare me instead
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Replica »

there is only one spare that can bring us salvation, only one man that will save us, this man's name is bingle

he does not yet realize or accept his destiny, but he must be made to

over all protests, over all insistences that he may want to stay

#SPAREBINGLE

he's like jesus but better
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Replica »

I have personally seen Bingle kiss a sickly, green-tinted baby on the forehead and watched as it became instantly enveloped in a golden glow, convalescing instantly into a heavenly model of life and vigor
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

ur a damned liar and an alt