Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Empking »

Mod:
If You can anwer this. Would the cop get a result of no result if his victim was killed?

(I used "the cop" so the mod wouldn't not answer the question for fear of confirming me.)[/quote]

Lowell: You hadn't mentioned that in the quote.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Lowell »

No, like you, I heard it from the mod. Any real questions?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 am

Post by massive »

Lowell:
It would be my expectation, at the very least, that the mod would say "Well, duh, look in the thread, he was town." It seems like the mod instead went out of her way to get Empking a result that indicated ... something else.

So let's suppose that your assumption is correct, that there is no Mafia roleblocker, for the moment, and go back to your original suspicions in post 408. Obviously this is in reference to q21, who you are voting for. Do you still believe that he is pushing the idea of a godfather?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Lowell »

Well he hasn't posted as much recently, but yes.

All talk about a "godfather" does is plant the seed of "we can't necessarily trust cop investigations." He looks like someone who is worried the field will close around him and wants to be able to plausibly throw accusations at anyone and everyone he chooses.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Lowell, you're an experienced player, so I dont get why youre willing to believe cop investigations as 100% reliable.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Lowell[col color=white]3[col color=white]Mirth, q21, empking [col color=white]q21[col color=white]2[col color=white]Lowell, rolfcopter

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] Cybele, massive CC09

8 alive, 5 to lynch.

As always, if there is a mistake, let me know.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 am

Post by q21 »

Lowell wrote:Well he hasn't posted as much recently, but yes.

All talk about a "godfather" does is plant the seed of "we can't necessarily trust cop investigations." He looks like someone who is worried the field will close around him and wants to be able to plausibly throw accusations at anyone and everyone he chooses.
Jees, you're taking a perfectly reasonable comment and blowing it up and acting like I was trying to push the idea that there must be a godfather on everyone.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 am

Post by massive »

Mirth
: Which do you dislike more -- Lowell's adamant belief that our cop is 100%, or his belief that there's 100% no Mafia roleblocker?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Lowell »

1) The cop may not be 100% reliable, but it's pointless to discuss alternatives. If he's not we'll deal with it later. Trying to frame the cop as ineffective, however, IS a problem, as it makes it increasingly likely he'll be vulnerable.

2) I don't care if there's a mafia roleblocker. I said I tend to believe there isn't one (if for no other reason than because I can't remember the last mini I played that had one), and that the mod just made a mistake in not reporting to the cop or the mod's policy is not to report on people who have died. We'll probably know by tomorrow either way.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am

Post by q21 »

How are you certain that we'll know by tomorrow whether there's a roleblocker or not, what more will we have learned?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am

Post by q21 »

Just reread your post Lowell, you said probably, not certainly. My bad, but still - what more are we likely to know by tomorrow?

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Mirth »

massive wrote:
Mirth
: Which do you dislike more -- Lowell's adamant belief that our cop is 100%, or his belief that there's 100% no Mafia roleblocker?
I dislike both since he should know better than to make assumptions, but the second is a worse assumption to make.

Before I forget:
Mod: can we get a prod on Coheed?

Lowell: Where do you get the trying to frame the cop thing. Nobody is trying to do it. Why are you pulling things out of your bottom?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Empking »

q21 wrote:Just reread your post Lowell, you said probably, not certainly. My bad, but still - what more are we likely to know by tomorrow?
If I don't die and don't scry the mafia's target. We can see if I get a result.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:35 am

Post by starkmoon »

Prodding CC09.

All details of each role are given in the PM.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Empking »

Seeing that I just read my role PM and I'm in a real crisis about whether or not my results can be trusted to give us scum or not.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:54 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

ok I'm here

Just read this page and the whole "godfather" thing is pointless. If the scum have one then so be it, we'll have to catch that person through their playing style and not through cop investigations.

Mirth- your question to lowell about pulling the "frame the cop" this seems like a ploy to throw attention onto another person and away from himself.

Cop investigations- there never 100% unless your in a newbie game, then it is usually stated that cop has normal sanity, everywhere else their sanity could be anything. But until yuo figure out what sanity the cop is, you have to believe what they tell you because atleast its getting you somewhere.

Roleblocker- If we the town have both a cop(unconfirmed) and doc(who is confirmed) then it would probably be reasonable to think the mafia have a roleblocker. They may not but then again its just like the godfather, we'll have to go on play style and slip ups instead of the cop investigations (which would probly be roleblocked)
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Lowell »

q21 wrote:Just reread your post Lowell, you said probably, not certainly. My bad, but still - what more are we likely to know by tomorrow?
Do you really want me to discuss potential scum strategy in the thread?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Lowell »

^^^^ agree wholeheartedly with 440. Except the last part.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Empking »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:ok I'm here

Just read this page and the whole "godfather" thing is pointless. If the scum have one then so be it, we'll have to catch that person through their playing style and not through cop investigations.

Mirth- your question to lowell about pulling the "frame the cop" this seems like a ploy to throw attention onto another person and away from himself.

Away from Mirth?

Cop investigations- there never 100% unless your in a newbie game, then it is usually stated that cop has normal sanity, everywhere else their sanity could be anything. But until yuo figure out what sanity the cop is, you have to believe what they tell you because atleast its getting you somewhere.

Roleblocker- If we the town have both a cop(unconfirmed) and doc(who is confirmed) then it would probably be reasonable to think the mafia have a roleblocker. They may not but then again its just like the godfather, we'll have to go on play style and slip ups instead of the cop investigations (which would probly be roleblocked)
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:15 am

no lowell was trying to throw it away from himself since he's under pressure right now.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Empking »

Just wanted to make sure.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:22 am

ok, sorry for making it confusing.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 am

Post by q21 »

Lowell wrote:
Do you really want me to discuss potential scum strategy in the thread?
If you think you'd be going deep into scum strategy then fair enough, don't talk about it. But if its something obvious I've missed then I'd like to hear it.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Mirth »

I don't think we've covered scum strategy that isn't obviously. Coheed, what are you thoughts the alive players, whom do you suspect and why?

Mod: Sorry to bother again, but can we get a prod on Cyb now?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Empking »

Isn't Cyb dead? Unless we're thinking of different ones.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”