EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7000 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:10 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

If dave doesn't reveal everything tomorrow, lynch him.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7001 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:17 am

Accounting for the chance that dave has a watcher shot left,
nobody should submit an action tonight
except for dave. That'll increase the chances that dave can find scum if they use the kill.

I would heavily scrutinize anyone who decides to submit an action anyway.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7002 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:24 am

Post by kuribo »

Let's see what happened while I was at work

oh good lord
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7003 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:29 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6929, Flavor Leaf wrote:This game proves it.

People are just afraid of ScumFL because “can’t let FL get away with it! Worth losing the game over to make sure.”
That doesn't seem to be why you're getting lynched at all. I don't think I've seen a single person say "Oh, we need to lynch him because he's good as scum."

It's more like what Xtoxm said: You have a history of fucking up in PTs, and it very strongly looks like you fucked up in this game too.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7004 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6959, Gammagooey wrote:FL has been spamposting enormously in what I think is just him trying to draw the conversation to literally anything except the slip to EP because I genuinely don't think it's convincingly defendable as making more sense coming from town than scum by him
I don't think that's what he's doing at all. I think he feels like he's caught for the wrong reasons and he's trying to throw as much out there and see what can stick while defending himself. I do believe his frustration here is genuine, but I think he's a player that takes pride in his scum game-- look how many times he references his infamy as a scum player-- and is pissed with himself for fucking up what was a good scum game up until that point.
In post 6959, Gammagooey wrote:kuribo's kinda the same - he's BELIEVED in his town read on nom imo and his anger is not fake regardless of his alignment and he's been passionate and invested in the game and how it's been going.
god knows I wish i wasn't invested in this, but at this point I've put too much time and energy into this to not see it through.
In post 6962, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also?!?!? I HAVENT DUMPED A LOT OF EFFORT AND EMOTION INTO THIS GAME?!?!
I'll agree with FL on this. I think that's why the emotion now-- he's put a LOT of work into this game and now it's falling apart. And Team Mafia is the biggest stage on the site.
In post 6971, panthaleon wrote:I'm having a difficult time understanding the scum read on FL. Take with a grain of salt that I usually town read people that scum read me, but the severe arrogance and demanding the spotlight don't read to me like scum trying to close out the game. It reads as town upset no one is listening to him.
I mean, it's not rocket science:

He apparently addressed Maria in his neighborhood PT.
He did not deny the wording as expressed by EP, only the meaning.
Maria flipped scum.
Flavor Leaf has gotten PTs mixed up before and won because he talked his way out of it.
It's extremely likely he slipped again.
He's not trying to close the game, he's trying to flail his way out of being caught for a mistake on his part.

Frankly, I think Maria's death wasn't expected by FL, and now he's trying to fix the house of cards that's fallen around it.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7005 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 am

Post by davesaz »

Hey EP,

Hypothetically, what if I already watched the doctor I'm more townreading (the one not named FL) a couple nights ago? Advice for that case needs to be covered too. Hypothetically...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7006 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:14 am

Post by panthaleon »

Can someone remind me what exactly Dave's neighborhood ability is/was and who was in it?
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7007 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:25 am

In post 7006, panthaleon wrote:Can someone remind me what exactly Dave's neighborhood ability is/was and who was in it?
Hood: Composer
Members:
dave
/
DV
/
Farkran

Power: inventor with investigative items

LMS: JOAT (1-shots of commute, track, watch)
Targets: N1 chenn (failed), N2 chenn (failed), N3 unknown, N4 unknown
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7008 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:29 am

Post by panthaleon »

Looking at the neighborhood, Maria originally suggested blocking his group. I'm curious if that's because she knew what his group had
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7009 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 am

In post 7005, davesaz wrote:Hey EP,

Hypothetically, what if I already watched the doctor I'm more townreading (the one not named FL) a couple nights ago? Advice for that case needs to be covered too. Hypothetically...
It doesn't matter anyway. If you're town, tonight's action is all about you, me, and scum. If you're scum, none of my speculation is relevant.
Nobody else should do anything tonight. If they do, it potentially muddies the waters.

1. If you watch me, everyone else who acts clouds your results when I die.
2. If you commute me, nobody's actions are going to affect me anyway.
3. If you don't have anything, I'm dead and nobody's actions are going to be relevant.

Depending on what scum thinks you have +/ what you'll use, they'll either kill me or no-kill + you'll get the relevant results. If I'm dead tomorrow, then #2 obviously didn't happen + you'll need to explain. If I'm alive, it was either #2 or scum no-killed + you'll need to explain.

In any event, you full claim tomorrow because town!you never survives past tomorrow night if you're sitting on information.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7010 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am

In post 7008, panthaleon wrote:Looking at the neighborhood, Maria originally suggested blocking his group. I'm curious if that's because she knew what his group had
Agreed. We covered this a few days ago when we were lynching DV, but it has certainly gained more merit now that Maria flipped scum. All the arguments in favour of a Maria+DV pairing apply to dave as well.
In post 6757, EspressoPatronum wrote:Maria + Dave as scum would also lend itself to the theory of 1 scum in the RB and 1 scum in the inventor hoods. I originally thought it was DV, but dave makes sense, too.
Spoiler: The RB/inventor discussion
In post 4094, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 4049, kuribo wrote:
In post 4047, nomnomnom wrote:I need to learn to read.

I don't believe in coincidences, this makes Maria look pretty bad.
How dare anyone not know on day 1 that Dave would claim on day 3 to be part of an investigative group

The nerve
I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the next few pages, but I'll answer anyway just in case.

Nom is suggesting that MariaR and one of Dave/DV are scum. The scum in the invest would would tell the scum in the RB hood to block the invest hood. I think A50 brought this up earlier.
In post 4105, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 4099, davesaz wrote:
In post 4094, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 4049, kuribo wrote:
In post 4047, nomnomnom wrote:I need to learn to read.

I don't believe in coincidences, this makes Maria look pretty bad.
How dare anyone not know on day 1 that Dave would claim on day 3 to be part of an investigative group

The nerve
I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the next few pages, but I'll answer anyway just in case.

Nom is suggesting that MariaR and one of Dave/DV are scum. The scum in the invest would would tell the scum in the RB hood to block the invest hood. I think A50 brought this up earlier.
It shouldn't be too hard to guess that the one who brought it up in the first place because they were outraged that the invest has been denied is town.
At least someone is paying attention. ;)
If the possibility I outlined in is correct and the scum in the RB and inventor hoods worked together to form the plan, I'm sure the inventor scum would be capable of faking outrage when revealing the RBs.

As such, I don't think you coming forward earlier than DV helps us very much in deciding between the possible 50/50.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7011 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 am

@Ank
@A50
@DEB
@Gamma
@kuribo
@panth

Assuming FL is lynched today, do you accept and , in that you should abstain from your action tonight?

I want everyone to be fully aware so there's no potential "oh I didn't know" tomorrow.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7012 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

I haven't done anything since night 2, I don't expect to do anything tonight either.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7013 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

abstaining's fine w/ me
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7014 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

I will continue abstaining

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7015 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:29 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7011, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Ank
@A50
@DEB
@Gamma
@kuribo
@panth

Assuming FL is lynched today, do you accept and , in that you should abstain from your action tonight?

I want everyone to be fully aware so there's no potential "oh I didn't know" tomorrow.

I'm fine with abstaining because it'll become immediately apparent if Ank or A50 doesn't

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7016 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6997, Ankamius wrote:Its outside RC's downrange to be scumreading me this game.
In post 6998, Ankamius wrote:Town range.
Lol the equivalent of “nou” to RC
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7017 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Yup.

RC isn't stupid enough to believe that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7018 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

God u sound exactly like him.

Do an impression of me next
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7019 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

Thank you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7020 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6995, davesaz wrote:
In post 6994, Flavor Leaf wrote:Firebringer literally mentioned in like last page. Wasn’t just me. :roll:
Yesterday is what matters.
He did

Like it legit wasn’t just me, stop acting like it was
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7021 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I am town. :/
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7022 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Looks like I’m going down, so I’m gonna give final reads in case I don’t get to post anymore.

Gamma - annoyingly conf town, but doesn’t realize he isn’t if I were scum here. He becomes conf town after I flip.
Firebringer - his defense of me makes zero sense coming from scum

EP - just weird if he’s scum, it would have to be a masterful scum game by him, and I don’t think it is.

Ankamius - a lot of No u nope discrediting, but I feel like scum were abusing her all game. I also think A50 has much higher scum equity than she does, so I’m leaning A50 over her for her neighborhood.

DEB - barely played, bad shift, using opportunity to hop onto me with his “always can vote FL” shtick. Bad gimmick.
Panthaleon - hard pushed Nomnom, Maria and Panth were town reading entire hood, but only protecting each other.

Kuribo - Xtoxm should never read me as scum here. Point blank. This is probably scum who was pocketing me throughout, more of a I jumped in their pocket kinda deal. Xtoxm should see I’m town here, as should Skitter on A50’s team, so those are also reasons as to why I think these 2 are scum right now. It also makes sense to fuel the fire between FL vs Ank for days.

Davesaz - refuses to claim because I think it confirms Gamma as town. Him not claiming actively keeps Gamma in the mix, and after everything is done tomorrow, he can lie about what actions he used OR he can claim a guilty, likely fake if he is scum.
Almost50 - misrepped and hard discredited and essentially lied when casing. This was right after I had started to turn on A50, which makes me feel they felt they were going down, and then had a golden opportunity to shift it on me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7023 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:43 am

Post by kuribo »

How quickly they betray you when you climb out of their pockets

You're better than that FL

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7024 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You did it first, what you talking about

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”