Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

imaginality wrote:Do you believe you are currently helping the town to find the scum? If so, how?
chenhsi wrote:Probably not... although I will say something if I can find something to comment on...
Oh come the heck on. Nine pages worth of information and you don't have anything to say about diddly squat?
imaginality wrote:Out of the players who've come under attack so far (most notably Wumbo and Dark wingstalker), who do you find most suspicious? And why?
chenhsi wrote:No idea, they look the same to me.
They're somewhat related, but they're not the same to me. The case on Wumbo was that he said he was going into "serious business" and later claimed he "wasn't aware there was anything serious going on." Dark wingstalker, on the other hand, gave a very weak reason for putting Wumbo at L-1 (the lack of a decent defense on his part) and then tried to defend himself with the newbie card. They're both guilty of carelessness, but Dark wingstalker's carelessness almost got Wumbo killed. Wumbo has not bandwagoned anybody to a dangerous point. Therefore, why I think they're different.
imaginality wrote:Has anything else anyone has said struck you as odd, questionable, or worth commenting on?
chenhsi wrote:Not really, I'll look again and see if I can find anything else though.
*stares at the first question and its answer and hums the Jeopardy! theme impatiently*
imaginality wrote:What would the chances of a town win be if we all adopted your playing style?
chenhsi wrote:I didn't consider this mean (although I see how you could). The chances? Lower than it could be.
I am at a loss for words. I don't have a very good play style either, but I don't know how to take this. I really don't. I believe the answer is legitimate, but is this information we really needed to know?

That all said,
Vote: chenhsi
for failure to present at least a semi-reasonable case on anybody at this point.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: There should be an ending quote tag at the end of imaginality's first quote. Could you fix it please?

I feel so helpful.

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Litral »

Ack, I did a little research on chenhsi, and it turns out Mr. Chen is kinda like this every game.

I reviewed the DWS case, but I still think chenhsi would be a more productive lynch. Plus, his half-lurkiness seems to be relatively more suspicious in this game.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

I'm not one for huge posts but at least I feel that I can articulate my thoughts and back them up with evidence when asked. I'm tempted to vote for Chenhsi but I want to give him another chance. At least try and say who's raised your suspicions.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Hypatia »

Cass replaces Tom as of this post. Welcome Cass.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Cass »

/confirm and hello everyone. I have to reread before giving opinions. Except for Chenhsi: I am in other games with him and all he ever does is lurk. It makes me want to lynch him as a policy. But seeing as there's already a wagon on him, I'll not do anything rash before I read up on this.

Unvote
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:23 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, hi cass
i doubt you'll have finsihed reading before i go tonight, so see you back on monday likely
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Dark wingstalker »

Welcome cass.

Also, The case against Chenshi is getting remarkably strong here, Chenshi, Do you have anything else to add? Anything? at all?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Cass »

Ok, some observations:
Wumbo: the wagon on him made sense. His early claim was a bit weird and his defense contradictory and weak. I dislike how he just seemed to roll over and die, he even suggested he'd self-vote. His reason for voting DWS was also very weak. He looks quite scummy to me. But he could be very clumsy newb town.

Dark Wingstalker: Seems very careless, doesn't pay attention, makes lots of mistakes. Yet he claims not to be a newbie. It looks bad, but I can't think of a good reason for scum to act that way. Unless he hoped for a quicklynch on Wumbo?

Geraintm: Seems to be lurking in plain sight, I don't get much of a read on him. Lot's of posts with mainly very little content. He said one thing that rings alarm bells:
geraintm wrote:imaginality - i really don'tlike people putting u lists of questions for others to answer. i think t makes a player look like they are participating in a game when all they are doing is trying to force others to talk and incrimate themselves. you should at least answer the questions yourself
Forcing people to talk is good. Why would a townie be afraid of incriminating himself? This could also be a defense of Chenhsi. (Who doesn't deserve one.) Quite scummy.

Litral: Votes Wumbo for claiming town. Now, if this was a hammer vote... maybe. But just for the claim? Seems a bit scummy.

Inspector Godot: contributes minimally, seems very non-committal.

Kenfucius: Seems to have disappeared since july 9th.
MOD: prod Kenfucius, please

Still tempted to jump on the Chenhsi wagon on general principal. I haven't seen enough evidence to convince me to vote anyone really.
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Wumbo »

Contradictory? I think not good sir...

At any rate, welcome.

I don't believe that lurking is necessarily a bad thing, especially on a day 1 situation. I mean, I lurked for a little while, and look where that got me. So for now I'll stay off Chenhsi's back unless something happens.
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Cass »

Well, perhaps contradictory it the wrong word... anyways I couldn't follow the logic behind your actions. Maybe I should have said 'confusing'. The whole interaction around your 'claim' and the wagon on you didn't make a lot of sense to me. No idea what to make of it, though.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Cass »

Wumbo wrote:I don't believe that lurking is necessarily a bad thing, especially on a day 1 situation. I mean, I lurked for a little while, and look where that got me. So for now I'll stay off Chenhsi's back unless something happens.
Look where it got you? It got you almost self-lynched! How does that
make lurking good? Your logic keeps confounding me, good sir :roll:
1) Do you think that Chenhsi is town? And what exactly could happen if he doesn't post?
2) Another thing I keep wondering: what is so tempting about quicklynching yourself?
3) Could you explain your vote for DarkWing a bit more?
As for dark wingstalker, I think he may have just been overeager in casting a vote without really counting. I'm still suspicious of imaginality and Kenfucius at this point, but nhat does bring up a good point. So for now I'll harp on dark wing
vote: dark wingstalker
I mean, first you accept the vote was an accident - so you don't think he's scum. Then you vote him anyway. (The point nhat brought up was the L-1 vote, which Wumbo just called unintentional...)
Later, you imply the vote was meant for pressure (despite first calling yourself a blunt guy, you had a hidden motive now?)
unvote: Dark WingStalker
for now. I didn't give a 12 hour ultimatum, but I suppose he's spoken his peace enough for me to take alleviate some pressure.
4) What exactly in DWS' defense convinced you to unvote?
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Wumbo »

Look where it got you? It got you almost self-lynched! How does that
make lurking good? Your logic keeps confounding me, good sir
It allowed me to read other's actions until I was called on it. Lurking =/= scum. It is a viable tactic early in the game. When you are forced to come out then you can do so at your wish.
1) Do you think that Chenhsi is town? And what exactly could happen if he doesn't post?
2) Another thing I keep wondering: what is so tempting about quicklynching yourself?
1. I have no opinion on Chenhsi. He could be town or he could be mafia. If I were put into a position where I would pick whether or not he was guilty, I'd say nay.

2. Amusement. Ehehehehe.
3) Could you explain your vote for DarkWing a bit more?
Sure. At first the pressure was on him as people questioned why he put me at L-1, and I was suspicious, but then I realized that I had just hammered two townies in my first game, so I backed off a little bit.

The fact that I voted him regardless of his eagerness is not contradictory to my intentions. I'm a man of my word. While he seems eager, it seems logical to me to continue a little bit of pressure on him to make him talk. You are assuming that a vote means that I think he's guilty. Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't.

I just want him to sing.
4) What exactly in DWS' defense convinced you to unvote?
He has a beautiful singing voice. Eunuch, probably.
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 pm

So Wumbo, if you had to vote for one person: Chenhsi or DWS? Because something tells me that Chen will be the first day lynch.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:59 pm

After doing some research on Chenhsi in other threads, I'm actually going to vote for him. I'd rather take a chance and lynch a townie that contributes nothing then sit around waiting for the deadline to come.

Vote Chenhsi
Wins/Losses
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by nhat »

Chenhsi, I see you online. If you don't get to talking, then I will put my vote on you.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Who wants me to roleclaim?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by nhat »

Unvote

Vote - chenhsi
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:32 pm

And thats l-2

If you are gonna claim, now's the time.
Vote: Chenshi
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:36 pm

As an addition, If you ARE a powerrole, which seems to be what your hinting at. Then whaat exactly do you think lurking and refusing point blank to cooperate even when imaginality was attempting to spoonfeed you answers is going to achieve?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Cass »

No, Chen, I don't want you to claim. Knowing you have a PR would make this only ten times as frustrating. How about you ask for replacement instead? Someone who'll actually do some work for whichever team (s)he's on. Jeeze.

On the other hand: if you're going to claim, claim doc. Then the scum can kill you if we don't.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:32 am

Post by Litral »

Cass wrote:On the other hand: if you're going to claim, claim doc. Then the scum can kill you if we don't.
Not any more they will.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cass wrote:No, Chen, I don't want you to claim. Knowing you have a PR would make this only ten times as frustrating. How about you ask for replacement instead? Someone who'll actually do some work for whichever team (s)he's on. Jeeze.

On the other hand: if you're going to claim, claim doc. Then the scum can kill you if we don't.
HoS: Cass
for encouraging not claiming over fakeclaiming over telling the truth. If chenhsi has a power role, let him say what it really is before we consider hammering.

In addition,
FoS: nhat
until he gives a reason for his L-2 vote.

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Cass »

I deserve that Stranger... but I'm really starting to hate playing with Chenhsi - now I fear he'll claim something and we'll be forced to keep him alive because of it and tolerate his lurking and uselessness for a long long time. Not looking forward to that at all.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:53 am

Post by chenhsi »

I am a COP...

I win when all threats to the town are dead...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”