DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

farside22 wrote:Why are you following Elmo on this? Why haven't you looked further into your own reason on who is scum and why?
Frankly, I'm not finding anyone but Coron and Elmo particularly scummy. I'm not "following Elmo" as I have unvoted.

Can you, like, pay attention?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:Why are you following Elmo on this? Why haven't you looked further into your own reason on who is scum and why?
Frankly, I'm not finding anyone but Coron and Elmo particularly scummy. I'm not "following Elmo" as I have unvoted.

You are still voting incognito so I think I'm paying more attention then you.
Why do you think Elmo is scummy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Elmo: Do you still think incognito is scummy. Why did you change your vote from him to DGB? Do you think they are both scum and what happened with your thoughts on Coron?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:37 pm

farside22 wrote:You are still voting incognito so I think I'm paying more attention then you.
No.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 44#1153044

I'm voting Coron.
farside22 wrote:Why do you think Elmo is scummy?
Because he felt strongly about Incognito, but didn't vote Incognito. After I supported his hunch with my vote, he voted me.

That is not pro-town.

Quite simply, it is weird.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:38 pm

farside22 wrote:Elmo: Do you still think incognito is scummy. Why did you change your vote from him to DGB? Do you think they are both scum and what happened with your thoughts on Coron?
Exactly, bloody good question.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Looks like incognito vote to me. :roll:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Elmo, I'm willing to get on board your program if you feel so strongly about it. Bear in mind that I probably feel as strongly about Coron being scum, but I am a team player, so here:

unvote, vote: Incognito
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Elmo »

Uh. I didn't?

I haven't voted for Incognito in a month and a half? Did I miss something?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm

farside22 wrote:Looks like incognito vote to me. :roll:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Elmo, I'm willing to get on board your program if you feel so strongly about it. Bear in mind that I probably feel as strongly about Coron being scum, but I am a team player, so here:

unvote, vote: Incognito
I'm losing it. It's tough getting old.

unvote

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

Awe I see here he thinks incog or sacr is scum. It was a vote from Coron to DGB.
Elmo wrote:Hmm, I was supposed to respond to Gorrad before. Please outline how I've taken anything away from the town? If I've taken nothing away from the town, which I would assert, then what I've given must be the same or outweigh that.

a) I thought he was somewhat townish, but he's an experienced player, and I wanted to get another reaction from him to try and gauge him better. I think his reaction is also townish, so that confirms my feeling. There is a semi-breadcrumb of this in my "yeah, pretty much".
Unvote
b) To see, perhaps, how other people reacted to that. If he's scum, his scumbuddies might attack me; if he was town, a scumbag might want a counter-wagon to one of the people with votes on them and jump on. I'd strongly imagine that at least one of Sarc and Incog are scum; I believe it's Sarc, predictably, but I think that's true if I'm wrong.

On balance, I tend toward Farside being town (or at least not scumbuddies with Coron) and
vote DrippingGoofball
diescumdie.
So why did you vote change from Coron to DGB so quickly? I never got much a reason for your vote on Coron either.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Elmo wrote:Gorrad: Comment on mah Sarc case.
Incognito: Reeeead me.

I am feeling stubborn about Incognito. The last time I was stubborn about someone, they were scum (hi Farside). I'm still feeling stubborn. I should (asdfgh) get round to metagaming him. Bah.
What did you mean then, Elmo?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Elmo »

Farside: You've quoted it. I didn't think Coron was scum; I don't. I thought that a scum might want to start a wagon on him, so I threw a first vote out to see if anyone would jump on it. DGB did, and I thought her reasons for doing so were scummy, so I immediately moved it to her. I think she's scum.

DGB: I detailed that in 1124. (This is typical, people complain about me not posting, then they either don't read or don't remember what I post!) Approximately, I've been operating on the basis that he's town when (I now realise) I don't really have solid reasons for doing so. When I debate with myself about his alignment, one side always ends up saying "I know there's no actual evidence, and I know my gut doesn't actually say he's town, but nonetheless he's toooooowwn damn you" which is, historically, a bad sign.
Elmo wrote:DGB: Explain why Coron is supposed to be scum post-haste.
This.
Elmo wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:DGB - Her attacks on Coron are stupid. Maybe scum.
Please pick any of a) remember why you're suspicious of me b) question her about her attacks c) vote DGB d) diediedie.
Also, while I remember, this.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:03 pm

I don't follow your reasoning, Elmo.

So you pretended that Coron was scum to see if anyone else would vote him? Isn't that unusual to say the least?
Elmo wrote:"I know there's no actual evidence, and I know my gut doesn't actually say he's town, but nonetheless he's toooooowwn damn you" which is, historically, a bad sign.
Isn't that what you kids mean by "WIFOM?"

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Elmo »

I didn't pretend he was scum. I voted for him, to get a reaction, and wondering if anyone would jump on. Indeed, when he asked if I voted him for defending someone who was town, I replied that was essentially what I was doing. I don't believe I've ever said he was likely to be scum. The whole point was that a bandwagon on him would be "un-natural", inthat I don't believe anyone had vocally accused him at that point (if I remember correctly), so a vote on him would essentially come out of nowhere.

I believe it's very common to vote someone without a reason to provoke a reaction. Ironically, I believe Coron himself said recently that he does that (I could have misremembered, here). It's certainly not philosophically very far from the random voting stage.

I don't see why it's WIFOM. I have had this feeling once, where I defended Farside in S&S2, where she was scum. That's probably my biggest mistake to date (granted, part of it was based on buying into her distancing with her buddy Setael, who I was wailing on at the time, but whatever). So, no, when I'm reminded of a similar situation that turned out badly, I think it's perfectly reasonable that I should recheck my thinking for any holes.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Elmo wrote:I didn't pretend he was scum. I voted for him, to get a reaction, and wondering if anyone would jump on.
That's not pretending that you think he's scum?
Elmo wrote:The whole point was that a bandwagon on him would be "un-natural", inthat I don't believe anyone had vocally accused him at that point (if I remember correctly), so a vote on him would essentially come out of nowhere.
I believe that I did. Didn't I?
Elmo wrote:I believe it's very common to vote someone without a reason to provoke a reaction.
Not to lynch? But to provoke a reaction? Mmm, yeah, I suppose.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Elmo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:That's not pretending that you think he's scum?
No.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I believe that I did. Didn't I?
No.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Not to lynch? But to provoke a reaction? Mmm, yeah, I suppose.
Yes.

I cannot help but notice you have not answered my question.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Incognito (2) -- Gorrad, Flameaxe
Sarcastro (1) -- Incognito
DrippingGoofball (3) -- Elmo, scotmany12, farside22

Not voting: Sarcastro, Coron, DrippingGoofball
9 alive, lynch at 5
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Coron »

No, Elmo, there is a difference between what you do and what I do. I vote people I find *suspicious* without reasons sometimes in order to get reactions, not people I don't. Not that I really have a problem with that in particular, but it's not something I do.

My suspicion of elmo has gone down recently.
FoS: DGB and Scotmany
I intend to do a full reread on both players then place my vote.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

You want to, I don't know, actually make a case against me coron? You constantly calling me scum with out any substance is really getting annoying.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Coron »

scotmany12 wrote:You want to, I don't know, actually make a case against me coron? You constantly calling me scum with out any substance is really getting annoying.
Sorry, I guess I should make as much of a case that you're scummy as you did with me.

Oh wait. The reasons I've provided, though fairly minimal are already better than what you've provided! That's right, I remember now!

Also, reviewing your posts from yesterday, you appear to have questioned both DGB and Armlx finding me scummy recently, yet today, you come out of no where and do the same thing. Odd, hypocritical and scummy. There is another example of something you've done that has struck me as a little weird, I seem to only be scummy when it suits you. If you can attack DGB or armlx by defending me then I'm town, but if attacking me will defend you or help lynch me it seems I'm scum. Hm. Odd, that.

Also, what you have cited as my "scummy actions" happened largely at or before day 2, but, you didn't even cite me as scummy then, but you couldn't cut armlx the tiniest break to change his mind. Hm.

This is what I find in a couple minutes of looking at and thinking about your posts, I could probably with more analysis come up with a ton more, but I mostly keep stuff to myself unless it's really good, because then I can see who notices the stuff like a townie would(as opposed to how the scum would).
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Coron »

scotmany12 wrote:I am posting this in all of my games and V/LA, as well as sending it to all the mods of games I am involved in. I will be away from Saturday, July 5th to Sunday, July 13th. As of now, I expect to have absolutely no internet access. While I hope that I am not, I will fully understand if I am replaced. My apologies to all that are involved.

Um, I'm really unsure of what to think about people. Just off the top of my head, I would say my top three as of now are farside, incog, and coron. I think I just need to take time and really look into this game. Unfortunately I won't have time for that until I return.
Did you post this while high, hung over and sleep deprived or something? This whole post just doesn't fit with EVERYTHING else you've said all game. Firstly, look at incog, who've you've defended for basically the entire game. I mean what? Suddenly he's in your top 3. Me who've you'd hardly commented on, and jumped all over Armlx for for finding scummy, and farside, which I guess is the odd one out, who you'd barely talked about but was on the scummy side of things acording to you before hand.

I mean, I know you said you were unsure, but this seems totally inconsistant with EVERYTHING else.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Coron »

Coron wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:You want to, I don't know, actually make a case against me coron? You constantly calling me scum with out any substance is really getting annoying.
Sorry, I guess I should make as much of a case that you're scummy as you did with me.

Oh wait. The reasons I've provided, though fairly minimal are already better than what you've provided! That's right, I remember now!

Also, reviewing your posts from yesterday, you appear to have questioned both DGB and Armlx finding me scummy recently, yet today, you come out of no where and do the same thing. Odd, hypocritical and scummy. There is another example of something you've done that has struck me as a little weird, I seem to only be scummy when it suits you. If you can attack DGB or armlx by defending me then I'm town, but if attacking me will defend you or help lynch me it seems I'm scum. Hm. Odd, that.

Also, what you have cited as my "scummy actions" happened largely at or before day 2, but, you didn't even cite me as scummy then, but you couldn't cut armlx the tiniest break to change his mind. Hm.

This is what I find in a couple minutes of looking at and thinking about your posts, I could probably with more analysis come up with a ton more, but I mostly keep stuff to myself unless it's really good, because then I can see who notices the stuff like a townie would(as opposed to how the scum would).
After rereading this post I feel the need to go back and correct several errors, I got a bit caught up in the whole writing the post thing and said some odd things.
I'm not sure I'm in any danger of lynch right now so I guess not "help lynch me" I have no real basis for that.

The next paragraph you could look at as very similar to your arguement against armlx yesterday it turns out(purely unintentionally, I did a full reread on both DGB and scot after I finished and noticed that), but the fact that it's on the *same* player no less makes me more skeptical.

also:
Vote: DGB

I'm not intimately familiar with her playstyle, but I know she is a bandwagoner, but I feel that the bandwagoning done in this game is a bit much even for her.

PS. Damn it's getting late, I almost ran bit and much together with all of bit and the last 2 letters of much. -_-
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Coron »

One very last thing. Is this "testing out other people's scumdar" thing something that is fairly common to DGB?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Incognito »

DGB, you seem to be trying to suggest that Elmo has been pushing along a wagon that he fully supports but has been doing so without actually lending his vote to the wagon but that's simply not true. Here's some of the latest comments that Elmo has said that have been Incog-related going in reverse chronological order:
Elmo wrote:I am feeling stubborn about Incognito. The last time I was stubborn about someone, they were scum (hi Farside). I'm still feeling stubborn. I should (asdfgh) get round to metagaming him. Bah.
Uncertainty.
Elmo wrote:b) To see, perhaps, how other people reacted to that. If he's scum, his scumbuddies might attack me; if he was town, a scumbag might want a counter-wagon to one of the people with votes on them and jump on. I'd strongly imagine that at least one of Sarc and Incog are scum; I believe it's Sarc, predictably, but I think that's true if I'm wrong.
One of Sarc or Incog, leaning Sarc.
Elmo wrote:INCOG IS TOWN, LET'S TAKE THIS SOMEPLACE USEFUL
Oof.
DrippingGoofball, in post 1150, wrote:

This post makes absolutely no sense. You only find Coron and Elmo scummy but you give
Elmo's
"scumdar" a chance to find scum?
Coron, in post 1170, wrote:also:

I'm not intimately familiar with her playstyle, but I know she is a bandwagoner, but I feel that the bandwagoning done in this game is a bit much even for her.
Eh? Weren't you just attacking scotmany12 calling him opportunistic for voting DGB at a time that you and Sarc mentioned that you found her scummy? Why are you so willing to place her at L-1 so quickly now?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:51 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Coron wrote:

It's not hypocritical, odd, or scummy at all. The only thing I really defended you on was your vote for vig, which I do not find scummy. I never defended you in regards to DGB. I simply asked her to explain her vote on you. And I already voiced my problems with armlx finding you scummy (suddenly flipping from you as town to you being scum). This does not, in anyway, mean I find you town. I do not think you are scum with DGB, but if she comes up town then you might be the next person I go after.

Besides for the person I am voting for, I don't usually voice my suspicions that much. That is all I have to say about no really calling you scummy until now.
Coron wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:I am posting this in all of my games and V/LA, as well as sending it to all the mods of games I am involved in. I will be away from Saturday, July 5th to Sunday, July 13th. As of now, I expect to have absolutely no internet access. While I hope that I am not, I will fully understand if I am replaced. My apologies to all that are involved.

Um, I'm really unsure of what to think about people. Just off the top of my head, I would say my top three as of now are farside, incog, and coron. I think I just need to take time and really look into this game. Unfortunately I won't have time for that until I return.
Did you post this while high, hung over and sleep deprived or something? This whole post just doesn't fit with EVERYTHING else you've said all game. Firstly, look at incog, who've you've defended for basically the entire game. I mean what? Suddenly he's in your top 3. Me who've you'd hardly commented on, and jumped all over Armlx for for finding scummy, and farside, which I guess is the odd one out, who you'd barely talked about but was on the scummy side of things acording to you before hand.

I mean, I know you said you were unsure, but this seems totally inconsistant with EVERYTHING else.
I don't recall defending incog. But you are right, I did say I did not consider him scum at one point. But with you and farside. First off, you are attacking me for finding DGB scummy, who you also find scum. When I attacked armlx, I was simply unsatisfied with his reasons on why he thought you were scum. I had a brief interaction with farside yesterday, and in reality, anyone I put down you could have said the same thing about. Besides the people I am voting for, I do not voice my suspicions much. So if I put down gorrad and sarc in place of you and farside, you can be saying the same thing. As I said, that was all of the top of my head, which is why I did not follow it and instead voted for DGB.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Coron »

Incognito wrote:
Coron, in post 1170, wrote:also:

Eh? Weren't you just attacking scotmany12 calling him opportunistic for voting DGB at a time that you and Sarc mentioned that you found her scummy? Why are you so willing to place her at L-1 so quickly now?
"So quickly"? I've been considering placing my vote on DGB since before scot placed his. His and Elmo's seeming oportunism gave me pause which is why it took this long for me to place my vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”