Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7400 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 am

Post by kuribo »

I've never been good at wall posts or making long cases or anything like that, and frankly I don't think anyone in their right minds would expect me to anyways.

I do want to say that A50 is by far my strongest town read, and I'm very heavily townreading Gamma as well.

I'm still unsure about panth being scum, but Xtoxm thinks that's just reluctance on my part because of our personal blowout. ie, he thinks I feel guilty for being pissed off at panth before and it's tainting my read on him.

Dave's play has been one or two shining moments of towniness with a lot of bad stuff that looks worse and worse in hindsight. I'd lynch this at this point.

I still don't like a lot of FB's play and interaction towards me. Whether it's scum indicative or just bias, I don't know. I do like that he clarified things with me regarding RC today. I don't think FB-scum tries to bring me to his pocket by saying "oh, RC doesn't hate you." I think in his case it's easier for him to simply continue fueling that and drag me into another pissfight.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7401 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:25 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: panthaleon
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7402 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:44 am

Post by panthaleon »

I mean like I'm not scum and there's no case that I am

Why did scum me pick a fight with nom after the scum team gave her a venge shot?

Why did scum me decide to get suspicious of my neighborhood and pick a fight with kuribo?

Why did scum me not kill kuribo to pick up the double vote from our LMS?

What about my game play had indicated that I am scum?
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7403 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7402, panthaleon wrote:I mean like I'm not scum and there's no case that I am

Why did scum me pick a fight with nom after the scum team gave her a venge shot?

To draw the venheshot to yourself and off FL (who was obsessed she would vengekill him) would be a goof guess. Your slot has been useless all game anyway, so that would have been a good use if it.

Why did scum me decide to get suspicious of my neighborhood and pick a fight with kuribo?

Remind me
when
and I'll try to speculate on that one, but double-voting is always good.

Because it makes you look even more suspicious. You need kuribo for a possible MISLYNCH as you're probably running out of options.

I'll raise you one: What about yours or your predecessor's game indicate that you are town?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #7404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Gammagooey »

panthaleon wrote:I mean like I'm not scum and there's no case that I am

it's an easy push and she was playing like garbage

Why not? Both of them not being in your QT that night is provably true and gives you something to go off of for a bit, and either of you/kuribo getting lynched probably makes it less likely Maria gets lynched long-term

When would you have time to kill kuribo? yeah it gives one of you/Maria the double vote eventually but also puts suspicion on both of you until one of you/Maria gets lynched

The lack of interest in the game and PoE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man look at Almost making the same point I was about to

If you think something makes you look obviously town point it out

Don't expect other people to put more effort into showing that you're town than you're willing to
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:22 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7404, Gammagooey wrote:Why not? Both of them not being in your QT that night is provably true and gives you something to go off of for a bit, and either of you/kuribo getting lynched probably makes it less likely Maria gets lynched long-term

I wanna point out that he and Maria were both posting in the neighbor PT that night, his accusation was that I was scum because I was not posting there. This was during my VLA as I've talked about many times.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:24 am

Post by panthaleon »

If I was scum and I had just given nom a venge shot, there's literally no reason for me to have picked a fight with her. That series of events does not make rational sense.

I had kuribo announce he was going to gut me both in public and in private. Why is he still alive? How does this make sense with me pocketing him? How does this make sense with me trying to set him up for a mislynch? Where is the scum motivation here?

Y'all are relying on bad PoE and trying to mechanically outguess a setup. You are going to vote me, I'm going to flip town, then you're going to vote kuribo and he's probably going to flip town.

This is prepping scum to make up for the fact that they've either stopped killing or been counterplayed each night

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 am

Post by panthaleon »

If I am scum with FL and haven't been eating much heat, why does he drop everything to bus me when instead there are easier votes to go after?

As scum, why do I try to randomly bus DEB?

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #7408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7406, panthaleon wrote: Y'all are relying on bad PoE and trying to mechanically outguess a setup. You are going to vote me, I'm going to flip town, then you're going to vote kuribo and he's probably going to flip town.
mmmkay

so then do you want to vote dave? are you particularly convinced he's scum? if so why? if not also why?
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:39 am

Post by panthaleon »

Because I think it's suspicious that Maria's first instinct was to block his neighborhood! A neighborhood that dishes out investigative powers

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #7410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

panthaleon wrote:Because I think it's suspicious that Maria's first instinct was to block his neighborhood! A neighborhood that dishes out investigative powers
That sure is slightly bad but in the realm of possibility coming from dave-town

How do you feel about dave's play currently? How did you feel about dave in previous days?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7411 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7406, panthaleon wrote:If I was scum and I had just given nom a venge shot, there's literally no reason for me to have picked a fight with her. That series of events does not make rational sense.
OK. What's your TOWN motive to pick a fight with someone you know has a venge shot?

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7412 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:46 am

Post by panthaleon »

I'm trying to figure out if Dave is town pushing a bad case or scum pushing a bad case.

Frankly I don't remember much of his play the last few days except he's been very revealing his results, which is weird. I think that was him

PEDIT
Nom's play was shit and I wanted to provoke her into actually doing anything

Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7413 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

p
a
t
h
a
l
e
o
n
(
)
-
d
a
v
e
s
a
z

N
o
t
v
o
t
i
n
g
(
)
-
G
a
m
m
a
g
o
o
e
y
k
u
r
i
b
o
p
a
n
t
h
a
l
e
o
n
F
i
r
e
b
r
i
n
g
e
r
A
l
m
o
s
t
A
n
k
a
m
i
u
s

W
i
t
h
a
l
i
v
e
i
t
t
a
k
e
s
t
o
l
y
n
c
h
D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
i
s
/
a
t
P
M
E
S
T

Spoiler:
pathaleon (1) - davesaz

Not voting (6) - Gammagooey, kuribo, panthaleon, Firebringer, Almost50, Ankamius

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is 3/14 at 8PM EST
G
a
y
M
a
f
i
a
is running and in need of
replacements
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7406, panthaleon wrote:Y'all are relying on bad PoE and trying to mechanically outguess a setup.
If that's the case, then you should be showing us the way to do it right. Instead, you're letting us try to solve and just sitting there complaining that we're doing it wrong.

What is your solve? Why?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7409, panthaleon wrote:Because I think it's suspicious that Maria's first instinct was to block his neighborhood! A neighborhood that dishes out investigative powers
Why does dave No Kill last night? What does he benefit from it if he intended to explicitly say he didn't commute either?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7412, panthaleon wrote:Nom's play was shit and I wanted to provoke her into actually doing anything
So, you were TRing her still?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:55 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't think Dave has done himself any favors with his posts in the time since his reveal though. Or his posts before.

BUT, my problem with the Maria/Dave roleblock collaboration is that Dave was scummy enough on his own day one to warrant roleblocking anyway. There's plenty of reasons he could be town with Maria steering the block to him, and they all go back to his scummy day one play.

And then you can get into just as many reasons it makes them scum together and now I'm chasing my tail and getting a headache. Lol

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:00 am

Post by panthaleon »

I thought nom was playing bad but couldn't tell if it was scum playing a dumb townie or just townie too deep in her ego to understand why people thought she was scummy.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:04 am

Post by davesaz »

Everything I've done has been tactically / strategically correct for town.
There have been some times I've been
wrong
but nothing that's even the slightest bit scum motivated.
Feel free to explain any such concrete motivation you see. I'd love to hear why you think that.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7418, panthaleon wrote:I thought nom was playing bad but couldn't tell if it was scum playing a dumb townie or just townie too deep in her ego to understand why people thought she was scummy.
Mte, you spearheaded the nom wagon, and only unvoted when it looked like it was going through. You also spearheaded the wagon on her the day before. Even your predecessor was stuck in voting her too. Now you tell me you were not sure??? If you were unsure then why did you build the wagon on her? And what made you hop off it when it gained momentum?

Also, what if we lynch dave and he flips green? Who is the most likely scum from your PoV in that case?

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:14 am

Post by panthaleon »

Wow I put pressure on a person who was playing bad and when she didn't do anything I kept applying pressure.

Wow I am not confident in reads how scummy wow

I would look at you and ank. Y'all have vibed weird af to me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: panth

I feel I've given you more than your fair chance, but your play is to try to survive and provide nothing still. "Vibed weird" is your case in me/Ank then I guess you don't mind me voting you for "vibing scum" (that's even stronger than vibing weird). If you voted nom to apply pressure then I am applying pressure (that will hopefully lead to your lynch).

Now, do look at me/Ank NOW and state exactly WHY either of us could be scum. Spare me no details, because -as it stands- I think you're bad scum, but in the off chance I'm wrong you're even a worse townie.

In short: Do provide
detailed
reads and cases, or spare is the time and effort and self-vote already.

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:28 am

Post by panthaleon »

No

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:10 am

Post by panthaleon »

To ank from okapoka whoever that is

They say it's WIFOM but wants you to think through why they wouldn't be coaching me better on how to scum game this

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”