raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by raider8169 »

forbiddanlight wrote:ARGH! You all made me bored again! I was having fun defending :P.
For a weekend this game is really moving along.

I am going to stick with my vote as that is who I want lynched/mod killed it doesnt matter, they need to be gone from the game. If we dont go into night that would be cool but for the game to have the flow it was meant to I dont see any other choice.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Matin »

Well, Ennui is clearly hinting at DD being his buddy.. I don't have the energy right now to quote posts but there was definitely some mutual defense going on at points..

So, either Ennui is trying to eliminate a town power role with his suicide note as a favor to his partner OR he's generally pissed and trying to out his scum buddy. (Why not directly name him/her though?)

On the surface, ennui's scum claim flavor seems to strengthen DD's claim but it could just be a mistake as Ennui initially seemed to think his claim was going to be more credible based on DD's claim.

My gut says DD is also scum, my brain says don't lynch a claimed power role. I'm going with my gut on this one..

Vote: DarkDude
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I am going to stick with my vote as that is who I want lynched/mod killed it doesnt matter, they need to be gone from the game. If we dont go into night that would be cool but for the game to have the flow it was meant to I dont see any other choice.
Then you are honorable. Keep that and stuff in real life. I'm just a bitch and will take anything I get.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by darkdude »

I love it when they crack under pressure. Sorry, newbie.

I hope our mod gets back soon.

Oh and what's this about me + Ennui being scum buddies? Sorry I'm kinda busy now but I'll reread the latest three pages tomorrow. I have only skimmed over the important stuff just now.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mostly a completely WIFOMable situation given his claim and yours. I mean, if we don't lynch you, then I hope the vig tries his luck.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Kison »

I'm not moving my vote. Ennui clearly is clearly scum and should be modkilled with a day end, or lynched. Trying to get a free lynch out of it by hoping Cicero modkills her at night isn't something I'm anxious to take advantage of.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Kison »

him*
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Matin wrote:My gut says DD is also scum, my brain says don't lynch a claimed power role. I'm going with my gut on this one..

Vote: DarkDude
Ehhh... I would say follow the brain here. Looking at the claimed role name I think DD is telling the truth as well. He is immune from rats, Ennui is bulletproof. And now we know that Ennui has a very, non-italian name. DD really fit the flavor of the game, my name fits the flavor of the game, the NPCs fit the flavor of the game.

Someone better give me a really,
really
really
, REALLY good reason for why we are voting DD. People are saying he is the partner of Ennui, I dont see it. Actions point to other players, flavor points to other players.

I think Kisons 405 is basically right though in the end. Ennui was about to be our lynch, so why would we stop that. While I would prefer to be able to take FL out as well today, it appears that wont be possible. We lynched scum D1, time to let the mod sort out the mess.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I don't like trying to exploit the situation to our advantage either. I get much more enjoyment out of the game by winning through legitimately kicking scum ass than have the game handed to us through crazy circumstances.

Not buying the push on DD either. I'll have to see some convincing arguments there. I'm still liking Cubs Fan as the partner.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote, vote Ennui

He needs to die, if we get a modkill and day still continues we will deal with it when we deal with it.

I like Forbiddan and Matin a lot for scum after all this happened, CF works, but the other two are better. Raider-scum doesnt make as much sense without two factions, given what Ennui said though, I can see a two scum faction game with two each.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by Matin »

LlamaFluff wrote: Ehhh... I would say follow the brain here. Looking at the claimed role name I think DD is telling the truth as well. He is immune from rats, Ennui is bulletproof. And now we know that Ennui has a very, non-italian name. DD really fit the flavor of the game, my name fits the flavor of the game, the NPCs fit the flavor of the game.

Someone better give me a really,
really
really
, REALLY good reason for why we are voting DD. People are saying he is the partner of Ennui, I dont see it. Actions point to other players, flavor points to other players.
My original thought was DD/Ennui/Raider as the scum team and first impressions die hard. I don't remember ennui doubting the role as much as I do him talking about things that validated it (scum power roles, multiple scum teams, etc..) Ennu went out of his way to finger DD in his suicide note and first started talking about claiming after DD's original vote which lends credence to the claim that he was pissed at his scum partner for bussing him..

You guys though have forced my conscious to get the better of me, so I'll drop the attempt to game the system as it kind of feels cheap now..

unvote
vote:Ennui
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Matin »

LlamaFluff wrote:
unvote, vote Ennui

He needs to die, if we get a modkill and day still continues we will deal with it when we deal with it.

I like Forbiddan and Matin a lot for scum after all this happened, CF works, but the other two are better. Raider-scum doesnt make as much sense without two factions, given what Ennui said though, I can see a two scum faction game with two each.
Wait a minute, so first you come to the conclusion that DD is untouchable at least partially because his NK flavor matched the game setup and because his "name" also matched the flavor, missing Ennui's Role PM which had both name flavor and NK flavor:
Ennui2778 wrote:Alright, what the hell, I seem to be going down no matter what I say, so here's the real roleclaim~

Fiero Farfalle
- AKA David Saunders - (18th Precinct AKA PIG SCUM!) Hi pig! You are working undercover with <omitted> and have infiltrated this mafia crew undercover. Each night you may
send me the name of a person who you and your partner have chosen to arrest.
You must specify who is performing the arrest.
And now you use that info to make a scum pairing out of the two people voting for him??

Why is it so unbelievable that DD would've made his fake claim a little more smartly then Ennui by cherry picking the Italian name and NK flavor and leaving out the rest? Also note he later moved away from the flavor and claimed full NK immunity which has been noted several times..
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:59 am

Post by cicero »

Day One Final Vote Count
[/b]

raider8169[1] (Ting =) )
Goatrevolt[1] (Ennui2778)
darkdude[1] (Forbiddanlight )

Ennui2778[7] Goatrevolt, darkdude, Kison, raider8169, Cubsfanforever, Llmafluff, Matin

Not Voting[2] ( The Fonz, Cass )

With 12 Alive 7 just lynched

===========================
Lieutenant Graves looked up from the report he'd just been handed, incredulous. "Are you shitting me?"

"I warned you about sending a newbie in on this assignment" said Chief Farsum.

"Yeah, Sammy. Look. I don't need I told you so's today. I need a drink. This is the biggest goddamn fuck up- How? I don't even-"

"I know"

The report was blistering. Saunders couldn't handle the pressure of deep cover and he definitely couldn't handle being tied to a pole and punched by wise guys screaming in his face. He broke down crying and admitted he was an undercover cop.

He'd also never heard of a coroner's report this grim before. Apparently, near the end, Saunders had started complaining about a searing pain in his chest. From the looks of things he was on the verge of having a huge, and probably lethal, heart attack. Not wanting to be robbed of their victim by the fates, the crew pulled out some of Mama Trattoria's carving knives and performed some Sicilian First Aid.

They found him in an alley. In several dumpsters.

===============================

Ennui2778
-
Honourable Officer of the Law
PIG!
, 18th Precinct died hard. Butchered by the crew before he could be modkilled.

Night Choices are due in 72 hours.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by cicero »

THE SECOND DAY BEGINS

After disposing of Ennui's body and cursing about how even cops like him should at least try to have *some* honour, the crew goes its separate ways relieved at having such a good start.

The infiltrating pigs go away feigning relief but really feeling that their operation is already in jeopardy. Nothing worse than having the brass send a boy to do a man's job. This was the result. Well - nothing to be done about it now but hit the crew back. Hard and fast.

You all agree to meet at Joey Crow's Salvage yard the next day to continue your...investigation, a place where you don't think you'll be disturbed... and where no one will hear the screams.

Most of you arrive at a decent time but by 3pm you start to notice some No Shows.
Petey
"Ting=)"
Pennotti
and
Sammy
"Llamafluff"
Spaghetti
can't be reached by cell phone either.

A quick round of calling around gets you the story.

Ting=)
and
Llamafluff
, both loyal lowly members of the crew, have been arrested. Anecdotes suggest that Ting=) made a brave but futile attempt to resist arrest and paid for it with the loss of those big white shiny teeth of his.

Rumour is that Llamafluff went along...sheepishly... after some sort of captive barnyard animal was found in his closet, looking very scared and very abused. You always wondered how he got that nickname.

Now you know.

Word is that
Ting=)
is being held at
18th Precinct downtown.
Llamafluff
is being held at
14th Precinct uptown
. Bail isn't going to be posted. You don't plan to see either of them for a very long time. And if you did, you wouldn't trust 'em anyway.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO.

DEADLINE WILL BE MONDAY AUGUST 11TH AT 11:59pm EST
Last edited by cicero on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Wow and I thought Ting was scum after what he did to me. At this point it seems our best bet is to try to find the partner to stop atleast one of the 2 arrests.

People on the bandwagon

Goatrevolt
darkdude
Kison
raider8169
Cubsfanforever
Llmafluff (arrested)
Matin

My money is on
Vote Cubsfanforever
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm thinking it's CubsFan myself, but I want to take another look at that wagon before making a decision.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by darkdude »

Dammit, I guess my WIFOM attempt failed completely.

I'm sorry to say that my regular computer got a fatal virus. Actually not so fatal, but everything works fine except my browsers. I'm going to get it fixed in a couple of days or so. Meanwhile I'll be rereading the last few pages during my few spare minutes at work. So I'll be back in a two or three days. If it takes any longer I'll ask for replacement. Or, if three days is too long our mod can replace me right now.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by darkdude »

Oh and just my final thoughts since yesterday:

FOS Fonz for not seeing Ennui as scum - AT ALL
FOS Cass for unvoting, then going against Ennui but not revoting

I was agreeing with Forbidden light on Ting's behaviour, but now that wagon is pointless. But perhaps FL could explain more of her thoughts now that Ting flipped town. I myself certainly don't see why Ting did what he did as town.

And I'm not sure what to do with Ennui's supposed hint cause at the moment it seems too clouded by WIFOM. I'll post more on that after rereading the entire context of things.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

We definitely should be trying to wipe out Ennui's scum group as soon as possible. Cutting down to 1 night kill each night would be a huge benefit.
Ennui2778 wrote:~I couldn't say anything to keep me from going down, but my piece-of-crap scumbuddy who hopped on the wagon against me can go down too. And when you take him out- shoot twice
Ennui2778 wrote:You'll have to.
I actually believe Ennui was telling the truth here. He just admitted to being scum, quoted his entire role PM, and seemed extremely frustrated, so I see no reason why he would go to lengths to deceive us here. Under the assumption that he's telling the truth, I think we should search for his buddy from that wagon.

Here was the wagon at the time:

Ennui2778[6] Goatrevolt, DD, Kison, raider, forbiddan, cubsfan

I think you can safely rule me out for a few reasons. First of all, I made the initial case against him, and then pushed the case back on him even after people were unvoting from the role claim. That would be pretty extreme lengths for busing. Secondly, he joined the wagon against Chenhsi (who I replaced) in a really scummy manner. For someone who seemed extremely pissed at getting bused, I doubt he would try to bus his own buddy like that. Thirdly, He mentioned that his scum buddy "hopped on the wagon against him." I started the wagon.

That leaves DD, Kison, raider, forbiddan, and cubsfan.

I'm ruling out Kison and raider simply because I've gotten fairly strong town reads from both of them.

I feel I can somewhat rule out DD because of the points I made about Ennui seeming worried about the overpowered nature of DD. The one thing that gives me pause is that Ennui claimed that you'd have to "shoot twice" to take out his buddy, and DD claimed a bulletproof role.

If there is a town vig who shot DD last night, I think you should shoot him again tonight. Either he's telling the truth and is a bulletproof townie who won't die, thus pretty much confirming him as town, or he's lying and will be dead scum. Seems a win/win to me.

That leaves forbiddan and cubsfan, and I will likely vote for one of those two. I'll just have to review and figure out who seems a better fit.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Kison »

Ennui wrote:~I couldn't say anything to keep me from going down, but my piece-of-crap scumbuddy who hopped on the wagon against me can go down too. And when you take
him
out- shoot twice.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Nice catch. I guess that makes things easy.

Vote CubsFan
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Kison »

I'm thinking it's Cub as well, but what's bothering me is that FL pushed so hard to have Dark Dude investigated. What we know from Ennui's role PM is that his team realized they had a BPV ability and lacked investigation immunity. I could see them assuming the other team was in the same boat when Dark Dude came out so early and claimed to have a bulletproof ability.

So you have FL pushing for investigation, and you have Cubs pushing to have Dark Dude lynched, period. But...
ForbiddanLight wrote:I'm on the fence on this view. On the one hand, I REALLY don't want to risk it being a scum gambit and coming up guilty, costing us the game, so I favor investigation. On the OTHER hand though, if he is scum, he'll likely give himself away just by his play eventually, especially given the spotlight he's thrust himself in. The more you post, the more likely you are to slip up, I think,
so, not investigating might make more sense because it would be a waste given the odds are for it coming up innocent regardless of alignment.
is mildly comforting.
CubsFan wrote:I think if darkdude is town, his reasons for claiming are rather bizarre. What good comes out of it? An unkillable townie won't be targetted by scum now? Great. We want him to be scum-targetted if that's the case so we can avoid losing another town vote during the day. I actually am more suspicious of him now to be a Godfather so he can turn up innocent in an investigation and become the town becomes leery to lynch him down the line for risk of losing his ability in an endgame. Don't like it at all.
is rather bothering.

Vote : Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

come on dogs, we trusting the word of a scum going down? You all act like it just him being a gamebreaker but if that were the case either A) he woulda just told us the scumbuddy and B) if he did do that he'd probably be banned by now. I think he was giving deliberately misleading information to throw us off for this day. I'm already at three votes and I think we should at least slow down and consider the fact that Ennui may have been trying to throw us off before we rush to any lynch.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Kison wrote:I'm thinking it's Cub as well, but what's bothering me is that FL pushed so hard to have Dark Dude investigated. What we know from Ennui's role PM is that his team realized they had a BPV ability and lacked investigation immunity. I could see them assuming the other team was in the same boat when Dark Dude came out so early and claimed to have a bulletproof ability.
Are you saying that you think DD might be a bulletproof from the opposite scum team? It's possible, and another reason why I think the vig should shoot him twice.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Kison »

I'm not entirely sold on Ennui telling the truth. I agree that I find it odd he didn't give us a name despite an apparent hint as to who his buddy is. However, I still find FL and you both to have reacted in a manner I'd expect from someone given a bulletproof ability. I'm going to run through the others tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”