Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

I'm convinced people in this game don't even read the posts anymore.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:I'm convinced people in this game don't even read the posts anymore.
What do you mean?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What do you mean?
Probably the fact we basically completely ignored his last post to argue about whether I should hammer or not :P.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

yeah basically- I mean I get that you all have basically decided to take a day for granted but like some discussion about it at least would be cool as opposed to a million "yeah- i agree with that guy- sounds like a good plan"
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:yeah basically- I mean I get that you all have basically decided to take a day for granted but like some discussion about it at least would be cool as opposed to a million "yeah- i agree with that guy- sounds like a good plan"
I'm definitely fine with discussing it further, but you're going to have to give us more reason than "Kison is sure pushing my case hard" as a reason to think he's Ennui's buddy.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Matin »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:yeah basically- I mean I get that you all have basically decided to take a day for granted but like some discussion about it at least would be cool as opposed to a million "yeah- i agree with that guy- sounds like a good plan"
That's fair, are you looking to debate your defense or debate the case on Kison?
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Matin »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:fuck I lost my whole post...

What I meant with darkdude-Ennui is that with the contradicting ways they claimed, at least one (possibly both) of them two would be lying. I still find darkdude suspicious and it seems what I called yesterday about the town foolishly thinking he was confirmed to be correct. Yet, his claim at least fit the flavor of the game.. Ennui's claim made no sense at all towards the flavor or mechanics of the game in any which way.
I think a big part of the issue was more that your post was acting like it was so obvious (which was well after the fact that Golt Revolt and others made it obvious) Combined with Ennui's dieing words (discussed below), it reads to me as scum who wanted to make sure to get some clearance out of their scum buddy dieing. Opportunistic to say the least.

As I said, it's fine to change you're mind but to flip so strongly that you'd chastise all of the unvoters seemed like a little much, particularly since it came after Kison and others were already chastising us for not revoting....
I'll just say that basing this lynch on the words of a dying scumbag is probably the stupidest thing you could do. The scum's job is to deliberately deceive the town in a way to cause mislynches. As I pointed out last night, if he was in a gamebreaking mood it's likely he would have just named his scum partner and cancel the game rather than leave little hints. When it's town vs. scum for the town to be taking the word of scum is just counter-productive towards every logical way to catch scum.
I hear you on this point and would normally agree, but something tells me that a player newbish enough to a) quote a mod PM and b) not realize what he's quoting had strong scum tells; is also not going to be crafty enough to think to set up other players in doing so...
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by Cass »

@Forbiddan: I will make a case on you tomorrow. First I want to see what Cubs flips and what happens during night (number of kills, arrests, etc.)

@Cubsfan: Kison pointing out the infamous 'he' made you
and him
the prime suspects. Now this could be really smart / brave scum play, but for now it causes me to give him the benefit of the doubt. You'd need to make a much stronger case against him to convince me.
Your roleclaim does nothing to help you, there's nothing to prevent a scum from claiming that.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Cass wrote:Your roleclaim does nothing to help you, there's nothing to prevent a scum from claiming that.
Unless you wish to be the second to copy and paste your role.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

*Yawns*

I think we've gotten what we can out of today.

Votes: Cubsfan
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: Cubsfan
in case cicero decides to go all anal on me.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Works for me. I wanted to hammer though. I never get to hammer :(.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 am

Post by cicero »

Day Two Final Vote Count
[/b]

Cubsfan4ever[5] (raider8169, Goatrevolt, Kison, Cass, The Fonz)
Kison[1] (Cubsfan4ever[1]
Not Voting[3] (forbiddanlight, Matin, Darkdude)

With 9 Alive 5 just lynched.

------------------------------------
Leo "Cubsfan" Lingui was irking the members of the crew. He had this little transistor FM radio with a dangly earpiece that seemed constantly glued to his ear. While the crew tried to conduct business Lingui spent his time listening to the game. Discussion was often interrupted by some loud eruption of anger or elation depending on how his boys were doing that inning.

Then it dawned on you. Maybe that transistor radio wasn't a radio at all. It was probably a wire. Cubsfan's not listening act was really all about listening and sending information to his pig buddies! There was only one way to find out. A quick baseball bat to the head. The radio flew from his hand and fell to the ground.

On the next swing the bat connected with his neck and Cubsfan started to choke like his team in a pennant race. One third strike and, sportsfans, this wise guy was outta the game.

An inspection of his body doesn't turn up a badge though. Just some off- track betting slips. And it seems that transistor radio is just a radio. You hear a small tinny voice crackle from the bloody ear bud.

"...swing and a miss..."

Leo "Cubsfan4ever" Lingui,
Loyal Member of the Crew
, is dead.

You stand there guiltily, hoping they play baseball in hell.

Night Actions due within 72 Hours. Go Go Go!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by cicero »

DAY THREE BEGINS

Another night passes and you all feel a bit punch drunk from the fact that cubsfan didn't turn out to be a cop. You were all so damn sure.

Well you aren't sure of anything anymore. Who can you trust? Who can anyone trust? You all find yourselves filled with more rage at each other fueled by your fear.

The No Shows for today tell you of a couple of people you could have trusted though.

Vincent "Kison" Fettucine

was taken down in the middle of lunch at a Subway restaurant. Always the joker, as they led him out in cuffs he was heard to yell "this is NOT what I meant when I asked for extra bacon!"

The story of
Mickey "Raider" Manicotti
is worse to hear though. Raider had a girl on the inside named Lola. Lola was an HR gal for the police force.
Every night
he'd call her and woo her with bullshit love promises and she'd
check her police employment database for him
. The database wasn't infallible but you can be sure
some of the cops you were looking for were listed in there

Unfortunately, bullshit only flies for so long, and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Word is that Lola is the chief witness at Raider's Grand Jury Trial.

Vincent "
Kison
" Fettucine - Arrested Night Two is being held at
14th Precinct.

Mickey "
Raider8169
" Manicotti
(Crew Investigator)
- Arrested Night Two is being held at
18th Precinct.

Day Three is Upon You! Find Some Pigs! DEADLINE: August 13th, 2008 11:59 EST
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Both Kison and Raider were on the Ennui bandwagon. Since they're both dead townies at this point, I think the only other males on that bandwagon were myself and DD. I'd have to check back to see if it makes any sense, but that would certainly point towards DD being Ennui's partner. Or possibly Matin? I think he was on and off the wagon at various points, so maybe Ennui was referring to him.

On the other hand, DD is still alive today, which would point to one of three things. There is no vig. There is a vig but they haven't been testing DD. There is a vig who has shot DD twice confirming him as pro-town.

One thought is this. If there are two scum on the opposing team, then by lynching Ennui's partner today we would lose tonight. It's probably in our best interest to lynch scum from the other team and hope for cross kills.

So, I think we need to start looking for scum team number 2.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

raider8169 wrote:Wow and I thought Ting was scum after what he did to me.
Looking through Raider's posts in day 2, that would be the only thing that suggests his investigation result from night 1. It seems that he investigated Ting.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

cicero wrote:The database wasn't infallible but you can be sure
some of the cops you were looking for were listed in there
I'm not sure how much to read in to this statement, but the bolded "some of the cops" might be heavily hinting at a godfather role.

Also, what are thoughts on a mass claim? We're potentially at Lylo, so it might be a good idea to mass claim and go from there.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by Cass »

Right now, I can think of four hypotheses about Ennui's partner. In order of how likely they seem to me:

1) Ennui skipped over more than just the rules and missed the fact that Forbiddan is female / mistyped his accusation.
2) DD is unkillable, untestable scum. Or just untestable, if there's no vig.
3) We all underestimate Ennui; he
was
trying to help his real partner as a final deed, the partner was not on the wagon at all.
4) Goat is very, very sneaky scum who was bussing his partner
a lot

So, how about the nightkills? It's fairly logical to me that raider was killed. I thought he was a power role, he was playing like one, and if the scum has investigators they might even have confirmed that.

Now Kison, that's more interesting. He could have been an attempt at a cross-arrest, he was prime candidate for Ennui's partner after all. That, however, argues against Forbiddan as scum. She could have made him an easy lynch-target today (oy, wifom).

Do you guys think it's plausible that the cops can arrest members of the other cop-team? Somehow, it seems illogical to me. The bulletproof vest seems to indicate there's either a vig or that (some of) the cops have guns. Likely both.

My point: we are in a very dangerous situation. It might be LyLo already. Massclaiming would definitely
make it
LyLo, I think. The cops could probably figure out who the other team is and I don't think we should count on them to cross-kill :? Meaning, we'd
have
to kill Ennui's partner, and/or direct our power roles very smart/lucky. Still, it might be better than the alternative. I'd like to hear some more opinions before I decide.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, I think now is the time to help you assimilate some information. With 6 left, I'm dead soon anyway. I am Frances "Hothead" Castelloni, the crew's vig. So far, both my vigs have failed. The first vig was on llamafluff, because I thought he was trying to build a case on me because I was giving off vig tells and was scum. Bad logic and OMGUS on my part. But hey, that's why I'm 'Hothead' Castelloni. The second night, I chose to target Darkdude. I expected that to fail. Given the cops arrest and I shoot, I'm really good with a Darkdude lynch today. However, it's entirely possible he's Ennui's partner, and if the scum can crosskill or anything, then that would be signing our death warrant. Personally, I'm unsure who the other scum are, but I think we should be able to figure it out with only 5 elements to choose from. (or 6, if you really don't believe me...maybe I'll pull an Ennui and quote my role PM :P)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah, the reason the llama kill failed was because apparently arrests occur before my bullets.
-StrangerCoug

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK, here's the deal. IF you are a vig AND you shot DD twice, I want a claim. Otherwise, don't.

Obviously, not I.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Cass »

I did not shoot DD twice.

@forbiddan: how do you know arrests go first? Was that in your role pm or in a Night results pm? And why are you now so convinced DD is scum? Your kill failing is perfectly consistent with his claim.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

The Fonz wrote:OK, here's the deal. IF you are a vig AND you shot DD twice, I want a claim. Otherwise, don't.

Obviously, not I.
Forbiddan already claimed vig, so I'm missing the point of this exercise.

I did not shoot DD twice, though.

@Cass: I assume the scum can probably cross kill each other, simply from a game balance standpoint, but I have no clue if that's actually true.

At this point, I'm starting to really feel that DD is the Ennui's partner, based on process of elimination, the bulletproof vest, and the heavy hint at a godfather in raider's death flavor. The pieces are starting to fit here.

Forbiddan, you've shot him once already? Shoot him again tonight. At least, that's my suggestion. I think we should go for lynching the other scum group and then tonight shoot DD. Either he's town and gets confirmed, or he's scum and we all rejoice.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

Goatrevolt wrote:
The Fonz wrote:OK, here's the deal. IF you are a vig AND you shot DD twice, I want a claim. Otherwise, don't.

Obviously, not I.
Forbiddan already claimed vig, so I'm missing the point of this exercise.
Hang on! Where?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

The Fonz wrote:Hang on! Where?
Post 468.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”