Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Litral »

imaginality wrote:Litral's responses to my case against him are inadequate. His explanation of why he voted Wumbo (121) and then switched to chenhsi (137) is basically that he "only barely read the posts" when he cast his vote on Wumbo, and switched votes after "careful reading" of the same posts.
First of all, it's not actually an explanation after the event, seemingly made to cover myself, because I said it right when I voted Wumbo. If the explanation made no sense, then it seems that your attacks could have been made then. Nevertheless I will address your points.
The problems with this explanation:

(a) He's saying he voted Wumbo (to L-2) after 'barely reading' the recent posts: it seems unacceptable to cast a vote so lightly, why not hold off voting until he'd had a chance to read?
Is that necessary? I realized I was going to be accused of lurking if I didn't show up; I skimmed through the topic, knew that Wumbo was nowhere near being lynched, found his claim suspicious, and stuck my vote there... only for one day.
(b) it didn't take much attention to see that Dark wingstalker was in the hot seat; I still find his lack of comment suspicious, when combined with his attempt to stay clear of that debate later (183)
My lack of commenting on DWS... equivalent to my attempt to stay clear of the debate... has been explained. I actually did comment after re-reading, saying that I didn't get enough scum vibes to justify a vote.
(c) saying "I get town vibes out of Wumbo's final defenses" (137) is a conveniently vague get-out clause for switching his vote; what were those townie vibes that stood out clearly after a reread but not when he cast his vote?
I don't think Wumbo is the sort of person who'd go "look at these guys after I die, and then these guys, and you should do this and do that, take care town! *sob*" as scum - after careful reconsideration. Of course, not going to use this from now on.
(d)In explaining his "not going to bother with this discussion" post (183), Litral says, "Since you did not explain why my arguments saying that DWS was not scum to me are bad, I cannot argue with this." - but at that point, he hadn't given any reasons for thinking DWS was not scum, so this doesn't answer my point at all.
A misunderstanding; sorry. In response to that post you said that it makes sense if DWS and I are scum together. My sentence was meant to say "You're linking DWS and I together because I'm defending him, but I'm defending him with reason, which you did not question."
Litral wrote:
Litral wrote:while DWS did seem to misinterpret and misspeak at times, those misinterpretations are not meant to be malicious or anti-town, and to me, not intentional.
And? You mean to say he made those mistakes on purpose. I see no scum-benefit in that.
No benefit in 'accidentally' voting someone to L-1 without good reason? I think there's a clear benefit for scum to do that: the chance that someone else might then hammer that player. And there's also benefit in misinterpretations when you're scum, if you hope you can thereby confuse the case being made against you or hope to shift the focus away from your actions and on to semantics.
"accidentally voting someone to L-1 in the hopes that someone hammers" does not feel like scum strategy. If you do not believe that DWS can be truly careless enough to vote someone to L-1 without reconsidering, how can you believe that there would be a player who actually carelessly hammers? And if such a player is not expected to exist, then the strategy is useless. The rest of the town can unvote, too.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

imaginality wrote:
I actually find geraintm's post 267 more suspicious - where he says:
telling people what to claim? it only likemakes sense if you are the doc and wanted to counter claim immediatly!

That smells like fishing to me - could easily be something scum would say in order to get a better sense of whether Cass is doc from his reaction to this comment. I think I will have a re-read geraintm's posts. My vote, though, stays on Litral.
i was not fishing. i was trying to work out cass' motives and this was what popped into my head. saying "it only" was too strong, but i felt cass' post was poor, either just a horrible post where they are trying to be helpful and give chen some strategy tips, or there was some ulterior motive. was it so wrong to say that i found cass' actions suspicous??
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by Cass »

@geraintm: yes, the ulterior motive was that I really wanted Chenhsi to be gone from the game. I didn't think saying something stupid myself would make his stupid claim any worse. Feel free to disagree, it's not some kind of brilliant tactic that I'm very proud of. Can we stop talking about it now?
DWS wrote:Cass? The continual misrepresentation works against her, as does her dodging of certain questions.
Uhm, who and what do I misrepresent continually? That is a pretty huge accusation to throw at someone without backing it up. And which questions do I dodge? Frankly, I feel I have answered every question posed at me three or four times already. So please, point me towards those dodged questions.[/b]
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

Cass wrote:@geraintm: yes, the ulterior motive was that I really wanted Chenhsi to be gone from the game. I didn't think saying something stupid myself would make his stupid claim any worse. Feel free to disagree, it's not some kind of brilliant tactic that I'm very proud of. Can we stop talking about it now?
sorry, someone brought up my response to you as scummy so i had to talk about it some more
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by nhat »

vote - Dark Wingstalker

Also, the case on litral?? I dont think it really stands up, but i did attack him somewhat during my bandwagon. While i was being attacked, litral brought wumbo to l-2. I'll fig up the post: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 92#1149292

I dont have a great deal else to say on the matter, He's coming off as scummy, but as i've since been proven to be totally new at this sort of thing, I'm not trusting my gut at the moment.
So imaginality's case just doesn't stand up? You make zero effort to even show reason why you think that. This looks like to me you are trying to distance yourself and defend Litral at the very same time.

Im not playing the newbie card, I'm playing the "I'd like more evidence before i vote litral because my gut may not be 100%" card.
So....which is it going to be? You can't just keep using these bullshit excuses everytime you slip up.

As for your comments about me:
Nhat, I feel he's scummy because of his earlier play. While i no longer feel he is "as scummy" As before, i didnt like the way his first 4-5 posts were simply attacks at any percieved weakness.
Sure, you may argue thats how you play mafia, but thats also how scum play mafia
What made you think I wasn't as scummy as before? Was it because I was getting at Strangercoug and not you? If a person is getting at you, you think they are scummy? Then you punctuate your thoughts with the comment that I had bolded. So....even though you are "new" to this sort of thing, then how is it that you can tell us how scum and town play mafia? Oh yeah, you don't really say ANYTHING about that. Please enlighten us about how town plays mafia.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Vote DWS

You could be a fellow newbie. But your post targeting nhat is one of many very suspicious posts and the newbie card should not be a get out of jail free card. Seeing as we're only a few days away from the deadline I feel comfortable voting for you.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by Litral »

*sigh*

If he flips town, the town suffers.
If he flips scum, I suffer.

Lose-lose to me.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by nhat »

Litral wrote:*sigh*

If he flips town, the town suffers.
If he flips scum, I suffer.

Lose-lose to me.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by imaginality »

Nice pic nhat. :D

Okay, happy to switch my vote to Dark wingstalker. If he flips scum Litral still looks very good to me for a day 2 lynch.

Unvote

Vote Dark wingstalker
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by Cass »

Litral, that was such an extremely scummy post :D

If DWS flips scum, you only lose if you are indeed scum. The goal of this game (if you're town!) is to kill the scum, not to survive to the end. Getting yourself killed in exchange for getting a scum killed is pretty much always a fair exchange. And by no means a lose-lose situation.

And if he flips town, you win as well, because then your actions suddenly look much better in hindsight!
A
win-win
situation, provided you are not scum ;)
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Litral »

Your analysis is incorrect, and although it's entirely off-topic, I'll respond :P

If DWS flips scum, I will very likely be lynched. It is already a given that DWS will be lynched (I presume), so if I didn't argue against it, we'd get another lynch tomorrow; since I did, I'm getting mislynched. The goal of this game is not to survive, but forcing the town to mislynch you is pretty bad for a win.

If DWS flips town, it's bad for the entire town, because we did a mislynch. And there are still very good reasons for why scum would protect a townie so much. My actions may even look worse in hindsight.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker's at L-2 by my count. If Kenfucius gets replaced, the deadline will be extended from Saturday, but he should seriously consider claiming in the near future. (He doesn't have to now—even if the replacement doesn't come in, there's still a little time.)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: By "he", I mean Dark wingstalker, not Kenfucius. Sorry if that confuses anybody.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

imaginality wrote:Nice pic nhat. :D

Okay, happy to switch my vote to Dark wingstalker. If he flips scum Litral still looks very good to me for a day 2 lynch.

Unvote

Vote Dark wingstalker
dislike people planning day 2 lycnhes when no info froma night has come in.
dislike people being "persuaded" to switch their vote like that
right now, just not happy with nhat, think he has given me the impression of being the most opptunistic player
but imaginality is certainly close after that post
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:13 am

Post by nhat »

geraintm wrote: right now, just not happy with nhat, think he has given me the impression of being the most opptunistic player
but imaginality is certainly close after that post
This is the second time that you said it. Please explain yourself. If you have something on me, then show and prove.

Personally, if people slip up, then that's an opportunity to call them out on it. And it's not like I'm just hopping on bandwagons for the hell of it, I give explanations. And, if you look back, I was the one who started the DWS bandwagon. I only took my vote off of him to pressure Chenhsi. Now, DWS has been taken to task about the same stuff before, and he's doing the same exact thing again. Should I let it slide?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 am

Post by geraintm »

your post on the 4th fosing masxwell was one line
the vote on the 6th for wumbo was one line
your vote on teh 7th for dark was a bit more with one paragraph but it was coming so soon after another vote was why i thought this was oppotunistic
your post on the 15h just said "i thinky ou are scum, what else do i need to say"
then on the 17th you say you are going to vote for chensi. you havent said why you think dark isn't scum, so to me this look slike you are trying to get your vote somewhere else
you vote for chensi the on the 20th without explaining really why you now dont think dark is scum as you were so sure of before, except on the 21st you say dark isn't off the hook but you now seem to have cougar as equally scummy as dark who you were sure is scum
23rd, back to dark again

so, all that gives me the impression you are oppotunistic. very free with your votes, i am not always convinced that your explanations for voting are good, and when added all together to me at least give you a pretty poor looking voting record
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 am

Post by geraintm »

notice, after today will be away till monday
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Hypatia »

Searching for a replacement for Kenfucius, who has not picked up his prod.
Last edited by Hypatia on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Hypatia »

VOTE COUNT:

dark wingstalker

cass
imaginality
Inspector Godot
nhat
StrangerCoug

Inspector godot

Litral
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Dark wingstalker »

You know what, i've tried to defend myself to the best of my abilities, and I've tried to put my arguements across. Both have failed.

I'm a normal townie, so if you want to lynch me, it wont cost you anything except a mislynch.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:01 am

Post by nhat »

geraintm wrote:your post on the 4th fosing masxwell was one line
the vote on the 6th for wumbo was one line
your vote on teh 7th for dark was a bit more with one paragraph but it was coming so soon after another vote was why i thought this was oppotunistic
your post on the 15h just said "i thinky ou are scum, what else do i need to say"
then on the 17th you say you are going to vote for chensi. you havent said why you think dark isn't scum, so to me this look slike you are trying to get your vote somewhere else
you vote for chensi the on the 20th without explaining really why you now dont think dark is scum as you were so sure of before, except on the 21st you say dark isn't off the hook but you now seem to have cougar as equally scummy as dark who you were sure is scum
23rd, back to dark again

so, all that gives me the impression you are oppotunistic. very free with your votes, i am not always convinced that your explanations for voting are good, and when added all together to me at least give you a pretty poor looking voting record
You must like getting served, huh? Okay, no vaseline, no KY, nothing.

So, for my votes in the early game, what do you want me to do, write manifestos? Nice start, Sherlock.

My post on the 15th was backed up by my two posts on the 13th, so stop trying to make it look like I wasn't doing anything from the 7th through the 15th, because I was (like serving you for using chopped up arguments not dissimilar to now).

As for voting for chenhsi, why the HELL would I have to say that DWS isn't scummy so I can change my vote? If you can explain that shit for me I'll tell everybody that I played mafia with the smartest human being in the history of life. I'll recommend you for the Nobel Prize for the ability to make something out of nothing. Nobody has done that yet. You can be the first!

And as for Strangercoug, I'll put up the post in question:
nhat wrote:Can we just vote to have chenhsi replaced? That'd be hawt.

Strangercoug, pretty much everything that I said to DWS about being on the ball can apply to you, too. Placing votes and such based on riddled with sheer oversight distracts from the issues and clutters the thread.

DWS, you're still not off the hook yet, either as far as I'm concerned.
Did I say he was equally as scummy as DWS? Did Strangercoug ever put anybody at L-1 out of plain jackassery?

All this combined shows a poor looking voting record? Your argument is the frailest thing I've seen since Amy Winehouse's willpower.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Cass »

DWS, I still want to know what you mean by accusing me of 'continual misrepresentation'. And which questions I have been dodging.
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Wumbo »

@_@

Quiite a bit has happened...

*reads*
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Hypatia »

Battousai replaces Kenfucius effective immediately. Thank you and welcome to Battousai.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Welcome Battousai. Hypatia, does this mean we get an extension on the deadline?
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”