Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

I'm making the assumptions because I have faith in the moderator to balance the game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Hectic »

Quest Accepted!
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 123, Hectic wrote:
In post 122, springlullaby wrote:Why are you making these assumptions?

If train cop is choosen, what do you propose the town do as a plan?
I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking about the my idea, and the ones you and Lady Chloe have proposed.

But even if we don't follow any of them, we still have the benefit of not giving scum any safe Train claims.
This has already been debunked: scum can just claim they used the train cop ability.

Your logic is off.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 127, springlullaby wrote:This has already been debunked: scum can just claim they used the train cop ability.

Your logic is off.
That was also debunked. They then have to claim whether their target was Training or not which they won't know.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 124, Ame wrote:I think only the minimum number of players necessary should do the quest and we should vote on which players to do the quest during the day. This will, ideally, reduce mafia's influence inside the quest and potentially limit their access to the content discussed.
Do you know how many scum we have?
Why are you so bad at logic?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 128, Hectic wrote:
In post 127, springlullaby wrote:This has already been debunked: scum can just claim they used the train cop ability.

Your logic is off.
That was also debunked. They then have to claim whether their target was Training or not which they won't know.

Only 1 person in the multiple scumteam would have to use the train cop ability to have at least 1 accurate result.

I can't bother with the math, but it is very wrong.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Ame »

It's like a double filter where scum's influence becomes diluted in the process. The minimum number required is 7, which means 6 off. There are 3 mafia. Presuming we use our pro scumhunting skills, we could filter out 1-3 mafia from being a part of the quest. Thus reducing their influence during the quest itself.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by springlullaby »

^ Dumb.

We are settling the quest thing now.
We do it, I'm the leader.
Profit.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I sent my PM to the mod for the quest.
Confirm that you have sent yours.

If not explain why.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 130, springlullaby wrote:Only 1 person in the multiple scumteam would have to use the train cop ability to have at least 1 accurate result.
That means one of the 2/3 scum have to use a train cop ability each night which is otherwise a complete waste of a night for them. Do you not understand the value?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 134, Hectic wrote:
In post 130, springlullaby wrote:Only 1 person in the multiple scumteam would have to use the train cop ability to have at least 1 accurate result.
That means one of the 2/3 scum have to use a train cop ability each night which is otherwise a complete waste of a night for them. Do you not understand the value?
And you would know how scum abilities distribution functions, how?
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Lady Chloe »

In post 120, Hectic wrote:Lady Chloe, I'm assuming the setup is balanced in such a way that not choosing Disable Strongman won't be that bad for one of the following reasons:

1 - There's not that many protectives in the game/stuff relevant to strongmen.

2 - The option will be available again on a future day.
I asked why Train Cop was the better approach, not permission on why it's OK to the drop the Disable Strongman vote.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2, Professor Moriarty wrote:The Mafia factional kill is a bonus action; this in effect means that all Mafia members are multitasking, as they may carry out the Mafia kill at the same time as taking a personal action.
Oh, you're right. Never mind.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Hectic »

Yeah, I think I've changed my mind. All scum are multitasking so can Train Cop and kill simultaneously.

We do Train Cop only if we can establish a good strat beforehand.
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Lady Chloe »

In post 124, Ame wrote:I think only the minimum number of players necessary should do the quest and we should vote on which players to do the quest during the day. This will, ideally, reduce mafia's influence inside the quest and potentially limit their access to the content discussed.
This approach assumes that town is always correctly permitting town into a quest. Scum have the power of voice, too.

This approach also assumes that mafia will
care
about this decision-making process, even in the threat of capture or vig.

To more thoroughly reduce scum's chances of success in a quest; at least 2x town should be present in a quest in respect of the current living mafia.
In post 1, Professor Moriarty wrote:16. This game is 10 town-aligned players versus 3 mafia-aligned players.
3 alive mafia.
6 townies must join.

9 players is the minimum I'll accept for a well-functioning, town-led Quest.
Professor Moriarty
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Professor Moriarty »

VC 1.2
[Capture] Momo (1)- springlullaby
[Capture] Lady Chloe (1)- mastina

Not voting (11)- Pink Ball, Raya36, Pine, Ginngie, Lady Chloe, momo, Flight of the Conchords, Not Known 15, Farkset, Hectic, Ame

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-04-20 13:00:00)

Mod notes: could people please use the VOTE: tags to vote, or try to put a space after the colon in votes formatted
vote:
?
e.g. VOTE: Something_Smart is great;
vote: the worst
is great;
vote:the worst
isn't great.
just makes our lives slightly easier (and reduces the chance of missed votes later), thank you :)

Public Mechanic Vote
Train Cop (6)- Ginngie, Hectic, Raya36, Not Known 15, mastina, Pine
Disable Strongman (3)- Farkset, Lady Chloe, springlullaby
Neighborizer (3)- momo, Ame, Flight of the Conchords

Not voting (1)- Pink Ball
Last edited by Professor Moriarty on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modding hydra of Something_Smart and the worst.
"because you're the worst... and you're smart." -Haschel Cedricson
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 139, Lady Chloe wrote:This approach assumes that town is always correctly permitting town into a quest. Scum have the power of voice, too.
That's what I mean by a filter. It's not perfect, but it's something. If scum care about influencing the quest, they will have to do so first in the public thread, then in the private thread. It's just an idea though. I don't think it's that important if there's not obvious support for it. To be honest, my real agenda was giving critical PRs a way to avoid joining the quest without becoming a target for mafia. But increasing the number who join beyond the minimum kind of diminishes that.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 2, Professor Moriarty wrote:[Quest]
During the day, any player may PM us to choose to join the quest. They may change their mind at any time. At the end of the day, if more than half of the living players have chosen to do so, the quest will succeed; otherwise, it will fail. If the quest succeeds, a PT will be created for the following night with all players who joined it, and during the first half of the night they must vote in that PT on one player on the quest to become the Leader, chosen by plurality. Then, the quest PT will be locked and the Leader will be shown an item which gives a special power, and the Leader must choose any other player on the quest to receive the item (they will be secretly informed that they received it and what it does). This does not count as an action. The Leader will also gain 1 XP, which can be used that night. Players participating in a Quest may still Train or take other night actions, as normal.
However, if the quest succeeds, the Mafia will learn who is on the quest and may choose one player on the quest to sabotage that night, preventing all actions they take and removing all XP they have. XP they spend or earn that night is not lost.

@mod: can sabotage be targeted at a quest leader, and if so, does it prevent said leader to perform a)discovery and gifting of special item b)gaining xp?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Ame »

The gifting does not count as an action so cannot be blocked.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Ame »

And sabotaging doesn't prevent gains in XP.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 142, springlullaby wrote:
During the day, any player may PM us to choose to join the quest. They may change their mind at any time. At the end of the day, if more than half of the living players have chosen to do so, the quest will succeed; otherwise, it will fail. If the quest succeeds, a PT will be created for the following night with all players who joined it, and during the first half of the night they must vote in that PT on one player on the quest to become the Leader, chosen by plurality. Then, the quest PT will be locked and the Leader will be shown an item which gives a special power, and the Leader must choose any other player on the quest to receive the item (they will be secretly informed that they received it and what it does). This does not count as an action. The Leader will also gain 1 XP, which can be used that night. Players participating in a Quest may still Train or take other night actions, as normal.
However, if the quest succeeds, the Mafia will learn who is on the quest and may choose one player on the quest to sabotage that night, preventing all actions they take and removing all XP they have. XP they spend or earn that night is not lost.

@mod: can sabotage be targeted at a quest leader, and if so, does it prevent said leader to perform a)discovery and gifting of special item b)gaining xp c)using the bonus xp?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by momo »

I would like to clarify that I initially viewed train cop as useless because I didn't realize that every individual had to choose either to train or to use an ability. I thought everyone would be training every night and missed the point of that role. At this point, I wouldn't mind choosing the ability but it isn't my top choice either.

The reason I support neighborizer is because this is a power heavy game. If neighborhoods are created among people that hard townread each other, actions can be coordinated. Of course there is the risk of a scum pocket, but we have to trust everyone to not be unduly influenced by their neighbor(s). Also, the number of scum is limited. If everyone makes a neighborhood, there will be neighborhoods that are only town, creating a strong benefit.

On the disable strongman? Why would you choose this. For scum, to make a strongman kill would be a complete waste of an XP point. N1, there is a 1/12 chance that our doctor correctly protects the night kill. If scum wants to waste their XP on that 1 in 12 chance, let's leave them the rope to hang themselves with. I understand that for some reason, people strong support this option and that my dismissal of the strongman ability might be unpopular, but think it through. Using strongman is strategically incorrect for scum. We shouldn't take away the option, especially when there are two more beneficial alternatives.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Professor Moriarty
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Professor Moriarty »

In post 145, springlullaby wrote:
In post 142, springlullaby wrote:

@mod: can sabotage be targeted at a quest leader, and if so, does it prevent said leader to perform a)discovery and gifting of special item b)gaining xp c)using the bonus xp?
The sabotage may be targeted at the quest leader. It will not prevent any of those things.
Modding hydra of Something_Smart and the worst.
"because you're the worst... and you're smart." -Haschel Cedricson
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Hectic »

After realising the flaws with Train Cop, I kinda just wanna vote Neighbourhood for fun reasons now. VOTE: Neighbourhood

Momo, I agree, but you're missing situations where town cops/or strong PRs are forced to claim due to being driven up, and then scum can strongman while needing to kill them the next night.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Hectic »

springlullaby, what makes you think you should be the quest leader?

Side note which definitely isn't related: What's your favourite wildcat?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”