Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Egosearch.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Second Vote Count of Day 1

Rishi(2): Muerrto, Korts
fuzzylightning(2): farside22, Panzerjager
Gorrad(1): zoraster
Grimmy(1): ashmite84
ashmite84(1): fuzzylightning
Korts(1): Rishi
zoraster(1): Gorrad
Muerrto(1): Xtoxm

Not Voting: ZombieSlayer54

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Deadline Block begins August 4th
Last edited by hasdgfas on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Gorrad wrote:I REALLY dislike locked-thread confirmation stages. Makes me not know when the game has frikkin' started.
zoraster wrote:I like aggressiveness. It pushes us out of the random stage quicker, and I feel like that's a positive. It's also far more revealing of the player who's actually being aggressive.
Gut, OMGUS-y
Vote: zoraster
EBWOP: WIFOM-y
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:28 am

Post by PJ. »

@cow, I'm no longer on ZS.

>.>

I learned that Korts is a very aggressive player. I've seen some differences in Rishi's play and some of his explanation i don't really by because it conflicts with my past experiances with the guy. I also noticed that people didn't get the humor behind Rishi's statement, and along with Korts overreacting, Muerrto also overreacted. I have seen a distinct difference in playstyle from Farside as well, I actually like this style. And there is a few more little things I noticed that don't really matter.

I'm not gonna go into this more because I'm still building my thoughts, but I have definently garnered suspicions and it would not of happened without that conversation, so saying it wasn't important is just silly and scummy. And not having time to reread 3 pages is just a cop out in my opinion.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Rishi »

Well, Panz, as for my past experiences with you. I remember being in two games with you. One was one of my first games on the site, and so I think my playstyle has definitely changed since then. In the other game, I think I was scum. So I'm not sure either of those is an accurate reflection of the way that I play as town.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Korts »

@Panzer, I'd say I have waves of aggression, more like. I'm most agressive in or coming out of random stage. That's when the game needs the largest kicks.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Please don't start the meta talks. I know so many people who can change from one game or another it's not funny. I think Korts aggression is pro town. Still don't see the jumping at shadows bit.
@Panzerjager: Did you notice Fuzzy's joined date? Do you think newb have a reason to be a little slow or more uniformed then other players? Do you think his comments less or more scummy being a newb?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote: @Panzerjager: Did you notice Fuzzy's joined date? Do you think newb have a reason to be a little slow or more uniformed then other players? Do you think his comments less or more scummy being a newb?
It's not a newbie game. Is that really a fair defense? For all we know, he could have played on another site or could be someone's alt.

By the way, I noticed that you're asking a lot of questions in this game, farside, but you're not giving a lot of opinions. I don't have anything specific that I want you to comment on at the moment, but it's something to watch.

I'll avoid the meta if you want, so I won't compare this to your playstyle in other games. I will point out, the controversy in this game all arose because *YOU* brought up the meta:
farside22 wrote:Since when have you been a BW person?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Korts »

@farside, what is your reason for avoiding meta talks?
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote: @Panzerjager: Did you notice Fuzzy's joined date? Do you think newb have a reason to be a little slow or more uniformed then other players? Do you think his comments less or more scummy being a newb?
It's not a newbie game. Is that really a fair defense? For all we know, he could have played on another site or could be someone's alt.

By the way, I noticed that you're asking a lot of questions in this game, farside, but you're not giving a lot of opinions. I don't have anything specific that I want you to comment on at the moment, but it's something to watch.

I'll avoid the meta if you want, so I won't compare this to your playstyle in other games. I will point out, the controversy in this game all arose because *YOU* brought up the meta:
farside22 wrote:Since when have you been a BW person?
I guess my problem is that I'm curious by nature on peoples actions. I don't say well this person did this during this game and they are different, that to me is meta.
As for asking questions alot it's because certain things being said need to be questioned. You accused Korts of jumping at shadows I decided to dig further into what was going on.

I know this isn't a newbie game, but panz jumping on Fuzzy's comment was odd to me. He accuses Fuzzy of not adding anything and then votes for him. His second comment I understand more, but I wanted to see if he thought that Fuzzy being a newb made him feel differently on it.

With everything going on between Kort and Rishi I was trying to figure was this town attacking, scum attacking or bad moves and bad comments. Then panz comes in and makes a quick comment and vote that left me scratching my head. Plus there are a few people not saying anything at all which really bothers me.
In the long run I am now rambling it seems. I want a few of the quieter people to weigh in on what is being said and soon.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I wouldn't say I over-reacted. Can you quote where I did? I'd say I asked questions to determine what exactly Rishi was trying to say.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What's wrong with metaing?

Yes, people's play does vary from game to game, regrdless of role...But there are consistancies, and consist scumtells, still.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:11 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am sorry this took a while to get to you guys, but I have been very busy doing stuff at home and will continue to be busy for the next couple weeks but I should be more active.

To be completely honest the only thing I was able to get out of that whole Korts-Rishi argument was that Korts is aggressive and that Rishi will go to great lengths, maybe too far, all in the name of a good joke. I don't think either one of them is scum from their comments.

I called it stupid because it didn't really seem to go anywhere after the initial criticizing of whether Rishi was jumping on a random bandwagon or not. My thoughts on that are that Muerrto wasn't in any danger of being lynched at that time and as it was still the random stage, I am inclined to believe that Rishi was just joking and that it was nothing malicious and everyone just overreacted to everything that was going on.

Now for the attack on me by panzer, I have never played mafia before online and only played a couple of times in person, but I am never going to use that as an excuse as for my playing as I don't believe that it is valid, especially in a game that isn't a newbie game. And I did legitimately have to re-read the first three pages because when I saw the incessant bickering I just started to skim and get to somethig that was off that topic because it was annoying to read. That was a mistake on my part, and then life intervened and responsibilities with my family and my job required my attention before mafia. I am not calling anyone dumb as you seem to imply in post 71. I would also like panzer to expand on his reasons for the vote on me a little more because it just seemed like an OMGUS vote to me, not because I voted for you, but because I didn't provide any information relevant to discussion.

Unvote
as we are out of the random voting stage anyway.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm disliking the lack of comments from zoraster, xtoxm and ashmite at this time. I felt like things were going to a crawl and I realized some people were more active then others. With a 2 week deadline offering next to nothing doesn't help this game.
xtoxm: Why do you use meta? Do you thing scum or town use meta more?
zoraster and ashmite weigh in on something.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Korts »

unvote, vote: zoraster

other than a random vote, his only comment was about aggression being revealing of the aggressive player. Flying under the radar much?
scumchat never die
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Rishi »

Korts wrote:
unvote, vote: zoraster

other than a random vote, his only comment was about aggression being revealing of the aggressive player. Flying under the radar much?
Yeah. He hasn't provided any content.

What's weird is that normally I write off what seems like lurking (especially from players I've never heard of) to playstyle. But zoraster seems to be very active in his other games.

There some more meta for you, farside. :)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Korts »

What I don't understand is how you made that smiley simple text as opposed to a face like this: :)
scumchat never die
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Rishi »

Korts wrote:What I don't understand is how you made that smiley simple text as opposed to a face like this: :)
I like text emoticons. I guess I'm old school.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Korts »

Rishi wrote:
Korts wrote:What I don't understand is how you made that smiley simple text as opposed to a face like this: :)
I like text emoticons. I guess I'm old school.
cool, I didn't notice the "disable smilies" function... I like old school as much as the next man (who, it seems, doesn't exist, 'cos I'm the last man) :)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Korts »

dammit, I thought I checked the disable smilies box...
scumchat never die
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, to find scum...

And how do scum have any reason to use it..?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Xtoxm wrote:
Well, to find scum...

Pointing out other games saying this person did this on this game so that person is scum/ town. Whatever it is can be used by anyone.
For example.
Lets just say I get upset. Most people call it scummy, where I can point to 2 games that I was town that I got upset in. Does this make me less likely to be scummy?
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:28 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Unvote

Sorry guys been busy.

Fuzzy you seem overly concerned by Panzer's small comment. I know it was accompanied by a vote and of course when called out you should respond but your answer still seems a bit overkill. Guilty conscience? :?
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

farside22 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Well, to find scum...

Pointing out other games saying this person did this on this game so that person is scum/ town. Whatever it is can be used by anyone.
For example.
Lets just say I get upset. Most people call it scummy, where I can point to 2 games that I was town that I got upset in. Does this make me less likely to be scummy?
That sounds like a good counter if the argument is upset, so scum specifiacally.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 am

Post by PJ. »

@Farside, I did notice his join date and his townsperson status, My vote was a starter point and was really being used as a stern warning to say "find the deeper meanings, look harder". Also getting upset is not a scumtell. Also, his reaction seems to be a tad overdefensive so I'm keeping my vote there for now.

@Fuzzy, I wasn't implying that you were stupid, I was implying you were using the excuse of I need to reread as a way to buy more time, letting you mull over an answer while more information is given in thread. 3-4 pages in the game it seems very weird one would need to reread, and I understand life gets in the way occasionally, but just because the conversation is annoying is not a reason to skim. And it seems that it is more that you skimmed that you needed to reread then life getting in the way, like if you just read it through you wouldn't have needed to reread. Again, the conversation went plenty of places, you just have to read deeper.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”