I want this game experience
15%
I want to fire a bullet
19%
I want to kill someone specific in this game
13%
I'm an addict. I join every game
6%
I'm not playing this game. I'm watching and banging my head against the wall... repeatedly.
35%
Ugh, fuck this, I'm dead
13%

Total votes: 54

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

kuribo, forbiddanlight, goborage, chenhsi, Natirasha, Erratus Apathos, M4yhem, Xtoxm, Grimmy and I are confirmed not-a-goon because we've shot.

iamausername, Query and Erratus Apathos are confirmed not-a-goon because they've got an innocent on them from a confirmed cop.

Now, considering that we're all on the same levelling (confirmed not-a-goon), I'm not seeing any reason why it's
necessary
that either iamausername or Query shoots today. You can't be
more
confirmed not-a-goon...

No, seriously EA, you can't... ;)

Baseless potshots stop here. We've got five days. Let's get ourselves some scum.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm

M4yhem wrote:Query and Iam can't be goons, because they are cop cleared, so I guess it doesn't matter who does the shooting.
Simul-fuck.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by chenhsi »

*sigh*

I would say forbidden isn't scum, since most likely there isn't any day-kill powers other than town + gf, and forbidden killed the gf, and so forbidden couldnt be the gf, unless there are 2+ gfs, which is unlikely.
I lost the game.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by chenhsi »

But stupid forbidden made it so that he can't shoot for $* HOURS!!!

Otherwise, I would have asked him to shoot.

*sigh*
I lost the game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

But stupid forbidden made it so that he can't shoot for $* HOURS!!!

Otherwise, I would have asked him to shoot.
Her. And it wasn't my fault the thread wasn't locked and I had to deal with some really rather clever WIFOM. If you are willing to wait for 48 hours, I'm willing to see if this girl can get lucky twice. (actually, it's not really luck at this point, though that is a factor. It's basically trained guessing now)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

Shit, people talk a lot when everyone is "confirmed".

Anyway, I'm not going to shoot anyone, because I can't. Otherwise I would have shot The Fonz as soon as I replaced in.

I'm a cop. Sir Tornado got off three investigations before he vanished, all on long dead townies. I have innocents on Xtoxm, Grimmy and chenshi. Which might not mean anything, since it's entirely likely that whatever scum we have left are investigation immune anyway.

Cop cleared:

Query
Erratus Apathos
iamausername
{Xtoxm
Grimmy
chenshi} (if you believe my claim)

Not cop cleared, but shot scum:

forbiddanlight
somestrangeflea

Not cop cleared, shot town:

goborage
Natirasha
M4yhem
{Xtoxm
Grimmy
chenshi} (if you don't believe my claim).
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Query
Query
Goon
Query
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Query »

Well, thank you for the information. This makes things more difficult: unfortunately, there's no way we can verify your claim, except killing you, and I'm not sure that's a good idea.

That being said, a cop is somewhat useless at this point in the game, because there's only townies and a GF left.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by iamausername »

It's possible that the current godfather used to be a goon, and inherited the old godfather's kill, but not his investigation immunity.

But probably not, so yeah, I'm most likely pretty useless.

I'd support a Natirasha death today, I think.
Query
Query
Goon
Query
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Query »

iamausername wrote:I'd support a Natirasha death today, I think.
Sounds good to me. After all, I never really liked this:
Natirasha wrote:No, random killing is fun, Klebian.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by iamausername »

Natirasha wrote:And, for the record, I have practically shot for all intensive purposes in the first three pages.
This is what I don't like (not just because it's INTENTS AND PURPOSES, DAMMIT). I assume he's saying this because:
Natirasha wrote:I agree with everything Grimmy said. Except I have dibs. And I will be killing Thursday. Think of it as a deadline for day
one
two.
(Posted on a Monday, fyi).

Seems to me like he was trying to set up proof that he could kill, without actually having to make a kill. Yes, he'd be in trouble if he didn't keep to his word, but do you really think there was a chance of Day Two lasting as long as four days? I think that'd be worth taking a gamble on, if you were a goon.
Of course, this assumes our surviving scum is a promoted goon, rather than a godfather from the start.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Hmmm, a cop? I'm amazed we still have a cop. I guess I believe that, since I can't think why a godfather would lie if he can kill...unless you're saving your power for the end game or something.

Forbiddenlight- forgive me for asking but have you ever won as town? I'm just wondering how good your 'trained guessing' really is. You did get the godfather, which is (much) better than I've done so far but I'm still curious.

I agree Natirasha's 'I have practically shot' post looks dodgy.

What about Fonz's comment's? Can we get anything out of them or is it better to ignore them? If he says Grimmy is town, is he trying to get us to think he's protecting Grimmy or is he protecting Grimmy because he believes that we'd think he'd never be that obvious?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I think Iamusername could be godfather.
This is possible. Also, Erratus too. Cleared by cop and killed scum. Might be an attempt to look confirmed.
Too Townie :roll:

What other options did I have anyways? Niv clearing me wasn't exactly my choice, and killing anyone other than The Fonz yesterday would be utterly retarded.
chenhsi wrote:I would personally kill forbiddenlight or one of the other people who killed a scum, especially if he is a scum with a shooting power.
chenhsi wrote:No, I meant if they were a scum with a shooting power, but not a godfather, they could kill 1 of the other scum to pretend they were town.
Too Townie :roll:
forbiddanlight wrote:I personally like the theory we had a goon that was promoted to Godfather when the godfather died.
chenhsi wrote:*sigh*

I would say forbidden isn't scum, since most likely there isn't any day-kill powers other than town + gf, and forbidden killed the gf, and so forbidden couldnt be the gf, unless there are 2+ gfs, which is unlikely.
Query wrote:He's most likely to be town. 2 GFs at the beginning is quite unlikely.
FoS: all of the above
for baseless guesswork. There's no reason to believe that two godfathers is unlikely in a gigantic Bad Idea setup. (And I swear if you respond with anything along the lines of "but multiple godfathers is overpowered" I will post Eyeroll Man so many times that they will overwhelm and obliterate your computer, forever liberating MafiaScum from your worthless posting. Unless your argument is backed by personal experience in balancing games with around thirty dayvigs, in which case I'll concede the point.)

Here is some good posting:
Tarhalindur wrote:I don't think it's inconceivable that we have another Godfather lying around somewhere. I'm going to make an intuitive leap here and say that, if said Godfather exists, his name is probably Xtoxm (brought up the BOGUS "Godfather is dead, so Mafia can't have a daykill" argument and killed Day 5 - read "immediately after the first Godfather died).
Rather than citing mini-normal balance guidelines in a forty-player Bad Idea, Tarhalindur brings up actual evidence pointing to a backup GF, that being that Xtoxm acted like one. Not only do I agree with Tar here, but I don't care for the way Xtoxm tried to play both sides of the "lurking = scummy" argument at various points this game. He's definitely my top suspect, followed by chenhsi, Query, and forbiddan in that order.

Also Query should still kill today. Leaving him the only one able to kill instantly at dawnbreak allows him potentially multiple shots near endgame, which scum will be able to neutralize if he's town but is disastrous if he's scum.
Do you want your possessions identified?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Good post.

It's interesting that all the examples on the 'too townie' entry all have town using it against town. Do scum ever use it, I wonder?
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote Count:

No kills?
Query
Query
Goon
Query
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Query »

I'll kill whoever the town wants me to.

*Cocks pistol*

I suppose that the 2GF setup is possible, but since forbidden is only even possibly scum if that's the case, I'd say she has a higher chance of being townie. However, I agree with Erratus concerning Xtoxm.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

*Sigh* So people want me dead.

I said this earlier but Mod deleted it.

In the death list, CO is listed as "the GF". This implies only one. Thinking about it, a backup GF can fit I guess. But I also possible that scum are GF but can just shoot.

With so many cops, we should probably be considering sanity...

I support Nat kill too.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Query
Query
Goon
Query
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Query »

Xtoxm wrote:With so many cops, we should probably be considering sanity...
Good point.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Forbiddenlight- forgive me for asking but have you ever won as town? I'm just wondering how good your 'trained guessing' really is. You did get the godfather, which is (much) better than I've done so far but I'm still curious.
Not on MS (but I only have one complete game anyway). Actually, I tend to be lynched rather early but usually conclude who the scum are (or already have) after I've died. It's useless but tends to be the case. Also the fact most games I play are cardflip off (i.e, roles not revealed on death), makes things rather interesting for trained guessing, lol. But, let's see...I've probably won as town (if you count town winning even though I'm NK'd/lynched) in about half the games I've played (as town), which is around 20ish games. So, just depends on how you want to take that.

With so many cops, we should probably be considering sanity...
Um...probably not. The reason we have a lot of cops is because they drop like flies in this game. I suppose it's possible, but a read of the last Bad Idea Mafia shows sane cops.

What other options did I have anyways? Niv clearing me wasn't exactly my choice, and killing anyone other than The Fonz yesterday would be utterly retarded.
Fair enough, I was unfamiliar with the too townie argument. I was also saying it was possible. I prefer chen for being hung on an SK. It might be safest to shoot I am anyway. He might be the GF trying to pass as a cop, though this is completely WIFOMable. Town's decision really, I'm ambivalent.

FoS: all of the above for baseless guesswork.
Haha, baseless guesswork killed the first GF if we have more than one :P.

I suppose that the 2GF setup is possible, but since forbidden is only even possibly scum if that's the case, I'd say she has a higher chance of being townie. However, I agree with Erratus concerning Xtoxm.
I'd like to think so. As far as I'm concerned, we have one, maybe 2 scum left at most. If killing me assauges anyone's fears, so be it. I'd prefer that we kill scum though. How many hours has it been since Day start?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:20 am

forbiddanlight wrote:Um...probably not. The reason we have a lot of cops is because they drop like flies in this game. I suppose it's possible, but a read of the last Bad Idea Mafia shows sane cops.
How many GFs did this read show?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I remember correctly one. Ok, point taken. I still don't think with Godfathers that the mod would have insane cops. Only way to really check though is by making sure everyone has shot or been shot eventually.
-StrangerCoug

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:32 am

forbiddanlight wrote:
If I remember correctly one. Ok, point taken. I still don't think with Godfathers that the mod would have insane cops.
It's possible that either (or indeed, both) of Query and iamausername is a Goon, if Niv is Naive. Given the nature of Niv's results, Niv cannot be an insane cop, but he can be naive. We need to determine if it's likely.

The above post assumes that by "insane" you mean "gives opposite results all the time" rather than "doesn't always give correct results".
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's possible that either (or indeed, both) of Query and iamausername is a Goon, if Niv is Naive. Given the nature of Niv's results, Niv cannot be an insane cop, but he can be naive. We need to determine if it's likely.
Have query kill iam. I'm fine with that.
-StrangerCoug

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Have query kill iam. I'm fine with that.
Um, what?!

No, we're not killing a cop claim, that's stupid...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:24 am

Post by iamausername »

Not that I think you should kill me, obviously, but killing a claimed cop in this game is just as reasonable as killing anyone else at this point, assuming everyone is equally scummy.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, i'd really rather not consider killing a cop unless everyone has cop-inno's on them, in that case.

I didn't realise there were only sane cops in the last one...I think it would probably follow that again...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”