Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Grimmy »

Seems to be one of those cases where IAm has to get Yos lynched to win his part of thegame, and all Yos has to do is survive.
OptimusPrime wrote: One shall stand, One shall fall.
Grimmybot
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jex wrote:I'm way confused about Yos's role now. What do you mean you just leave after today?
Yosarian2 wrote:All right. I'm going to claim before we go to night here. (In case anyone is wondering, I ran this paraphrase past the mod, and he declared it an acceptable paraphrase of my role.)

I'm The Star Child (from 2001: A Space Odyssey). I'm basically a day 3 survivor. All I have to do is live until the end of day 3, and I can leave this universe, and leave the rest of you in peace. I'm just claiming this because I don't want the scum to try to kill me again; there's really no point in doing that, guys, because I'm leaving the game tommorow; it'd just be a wasted kill.

So, yeah. After the scum tried to kill me last night, I've figured I was basically lynch-proof, so I was just worried about the scum kill. Which is why I've been trying to be basically worthless to the town for most of today, was I was trying to get the scum to not kill me. Bah...I hate being a survivor.

So, anyway, yeah. I'm here. Just ignore me, I'll go away soon.
If I survive to the end of day 3, I just leave the game, just like a lyncher does when he gets rid of his target in a normal game. Basically, I would be a complete waste of a lynch for the town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:54 am

Post by remussaidow »

I'm gonna go ahead and take a stab at Iam's role- he's supposed to lynch the survivor?

mind screw was definately the proper name for this game.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Actually, I have a different theory about what might be in Iam's role PM, and I think he might be misunderstanding something, but I'm not going to help him claim here. If he does want to go into more detail, I'll clear the misunderstanding up, if it's what I'm guessing it is.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"... and you don't even feel my pain..."

The Thirty-Sixth Vote Count (aka the "What is Happening?" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (8): Battousai, remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Cavebear with a toothache, Jex, Nocmen, Yosarian2, iamausername

Votes required to lynch: 5

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, August 6, 2008.
First Mod Deadline Review:
~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, July 30, 2008.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Grimmy »

Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, I have a different theory about what might be in Iam's role PM, and I think he might be misunderstanding something, but I'm not going to help him claim here. If he does want to go into more detail, I'll clear the misunderstanding up, if it's what I'm guessing it is.
Since he is calling for your lynch, I think it would be prudent to do so.
It may help you stay alive, it may not. its your life to lose.

Grimmy
thinks that could be a soap opera.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Grimmy wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, I have a different theory about what might be in Iam's role PM, and I think he might be misunderstanding something, but I'm not going to help him claim here. If he does want to go into more detail, I'll clear the misunderstanding up, if it's what I'm guessing it is.
Since he is calling for your lynch, I think it would be prudent to do so.
It may help you stay alive, it may not. its your life to lose.
It would be prudent for...me to help him claim? No, that would be stupid. If I'm wrong and he really is a scum trying to get me lynched for whatever anti-town reason, then I'm certanly not going to give him a way out. And if you're pro-town, then you should be even less interested in helping him fake a claim then I am, since you're the one who needs to be worried about figuring out who the scum are, not me.

Besides, lynching me is clearly not in the interests of the town at this point, and it's not like there's any plausable reason I might have made the claim I did if it wasn't true. So no, I'm not at all worried that he's going to convince the entire town to lynch me just on the strength of some vauge comments.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Jex »

vote Yosarian2 (grimmy)

I don't follow your logic about yos needed to help iam claim. I also don't understand why you are so quick to jump on iam's side after he vaguely called for a lynch without putting anything behind it. I don't think yos should be pushed to say anything else until Iam has talked. Anything yos could say may just give out safeclaims.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Battousai »

FOS: grimmy
, what you call would only help Yos's accuser, not Yos himself.

Mod:
can we get some prods out to iamausername, nocmen, cavebear?

Day's only been up two days. I'll PM them reminding them that day has started and prod them on Sunday if they haven't posted by then. -Tar
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"I am Bad Wolf."

Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername, and Nocmen are being reminded that day has started.

The Thirty-Seventh Vote Count (aka the "EXTERMINATE!" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - Jex
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (8): Battousai, remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Cavebear with a toothache, Jex, Nocmen, Yosarian2, iamausername

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1) - Battousai
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yosarian2 wrote:So no, I'm not at all worried that he's going to convince the entire town to lynch me just on the strength of some vauge comments.
Obviously. Yos, would you agree that you are not aligned with the town?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...so it seems here that we have a predicament between two people now. Really...I'm against any third party win condition, and it seems like we are doomed now and forced to let one of them fufill their ways.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

iamausername wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:So no, I'm not at all worried that he's going to convince the entire town to lynch me just on the strength of some vauge comments.
Obviously. Yos, would you agree that you are not aligned with the town?
That is correct.

And yeah, you're going where I thought you were going with this. You're going to reference the town win condition now, right?

I'll save you the trouble. According to my PM, you are correct, the town (and any other faction for that matter) can't win until I die or until I leave the game. However, the point you are missing is that I will leave the game at the end of the day today, at which point you'll be able to win (whatever faction you're in). Feel free to clarify it with the mod if you have to (just a hypothetical "if there was a survivor who leaves the role at the end of day 3, could I win then?" question should work.)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Yosarian2 wrote:And yeah, you're going where I thought you were going with this. You're going to reference the town win condition now, right?
Indeed. I didn't just come out straight and say it, because I figured I might get some useful reads on other players from the vagueness. Don't think that was particularly successful, but still worth a try.

I think it's entirely possible that you are correct, and we don't actually need to lynch you, but as I said, I'm concerned that it is a possibility. And if my concern is justified, then obviously we need to lynch you today, since we won't get a chance later.

I'll try asking the mod, but I'm not so sure he'll give me a useful answer. Would like everyone else to go read their win condition and give their thoughts on the matter.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

I really don't see your concern here iamausername. A single survivor isn't a faction, so we can still win if he wins. It wouldn't make sense if the town lost if Yos lived to day 3, as the game would be pretty difficult to win as town.

Ok, if iamausername's win condition is to kill Yos, and Yos is to survive to day 3, then that means 2* of the 5 other players are scum.... I'm going to do a reread of a few players and post what I find.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:19 am

Post by remussaidow »

actually, Iam, your entire argument for this makes me think that you do NOT have the town win condition as your win condition. Just about the only thing that is clear in my role is my win condition. It does indicate that it only cares about the town WC, and not anyone elses. Thus, I feel compelled to
vote: remussaidow
(I think that's who it has to be to hit Iam) for Iam's display of not knowing the town win condition (as far as my role's town win condition is concerned) and thus showing non-town behavior.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:35 am

Post by iamausername »

Battousai wrote:A single survivor isn't a faction
See, I wouldn't say this is a certainty. 'Faction' doesn't necessarily imply more than one player, which I assume is your reasoning here. Anyway, I PMed Tar, and he did in fact answer helpfully, and I am now satisfied that we can leave Yos in peace.

Also, I'm pretty certain Batt is town at this point. So something useful has come out of this. Gonna need to reread, because he was my main suspect previously.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'I'm just an ordinary high school student.' Famous last words there. The ordinary high school student is always anything but."

Since somebody asked me nicely: a player who has left the game by a mechanism other than lynch or killing ability counts as dead for the purposes of the standard faction win condition ("You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent the same"). (If this were not the case, a modkill would result in an instant loss for all factions with the standard win condition.) - Tar

Edit: Vote Count repaired. - Tar

The Thirty-Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Reports of My Bastardry May Have Been Greatly Exaggerated" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0) - Jex
iamausername (0) - remussaidow

Not Voting (8): Battousai, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Cavebear with a toothache, Nocmen, Yosarian2, iamausername

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by remussaidow »

uh, mod...
I'd like to call your attention to post 390, please. I believe that I am voting.

Gah, missed it. Vote Count repaired. - Tar
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

The schadenfreude-loving part of me thinks that lynching Yos2 just to see him fail would be pretty funny, but it would be pretty stupid at this point, really. There's no reason (that I can think of) to lynch him instead of someone scummy when he's this close to being confirmed survivor. Not to mention that if iamausername really is a lyncher, that schadenfreude-loving part of me will be satisfied with that. Not that I'm convinced he is, mind you. Speaking of which; remussaidow, do you think iamusername is scum or a lyncher?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:48 am

Post by remussaidow »

I'm not sure. The standard win condition Tar just posted, if held by a scum player, might give the indication that the town's WC would be different, but then as a lyncher, he'd most definately have a non standard win condition.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Battousai »

The only thing I can guess from Iamausername's role, is that he has special knowledge of something, like I did (mod is a player). Now that doesn't mean he's a lyncher or scum, but it also doesn't mean he isn't.

Cavebear, what are you leaning towards concerning iamausername? Scum, lyncher, or protown?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Battousai wrote:Cavebear, what are you leaning towards concerning iamausername? Scum, lyncher, or protown?
Well, what complicates thing is his claimed secret rule-detecting ability. I don't have any reason to disbelieve that. However, a lyncher having that ability doesn't really make sense to me, so I don't really think he's a lyncher. (If this was a normal game, I'd be pretty much convinced; as it is, I'm not willing to entirely write it off (having a lyncher and a survivor in a bastardmodly game seems like an appealing idea.))
As for scum or pro-town, I don't know. I'll just say that I don't consider lynching Yos2 a pro-town action at this point.
Battousai wrote:Ok, if iamausername's win condition is to kill Yos, and Yos is to survive to day 3, then that means 2* of the 5 other players are scum.... I'm going to do a reread of a few players and post what I find.
I'm not sure I understood this. 2*?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Battousai »

2 as in a guess at how many scum are left. Typically in minis it's 3, but with a role like MafiaSSK's it might be 2.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

The Thirty-Ninth Vote Count (aka the "Must Go Faster?" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0) - Jex
iamausername (0) - remussaidow

Not Voting (8): Battousai, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Cavebear with a toothache, Nocmen, Yosarian2, iamausername

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”