Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Wow! I left town for four days and no one has really said anything. I read your post Grease and agree that is fails to address the up to date changes that have come after Gobo's claim and 3 nights of no kills.

So, thank you for saying something more than you have ever said the whole game. The said thing is, you pull this whole argument out on Gobo, but you have fit the same scenario during day 1,2,3, & etc. about needing to have the whole town prod you. You have been the most blatantly scum day time player that is still alive.

As you said, Go ahead. Even this comment is a scum thing to say if you actually were town. So, now we will find out for certain. I hope your lynch makes the game conclude, because I firmly believe everyone else seems town at this moment except you.

VOTE: GREASY SPOT
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Final Vote Count

3 Greasy Spot (Macavenger, Amor, Shepherd_of_Wolves)
1 goborage (Greasy Spot)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch! With
votes, Greasy Spot has been lynched!

Not Voting - 1 - goborage

~~~~~

Blah, blah, blah...
Greasy Spot, Villager, has been lynched!

Macavenger, Villager and Shepherd_of_Wolves, Orator (double-voter) are endgamed!

Amor, goborage, the Lone Wolves, win along with OG Smokedank and DarlaBlueEyes, Werewolves!
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Roles I have:
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:You are an
Orator

During the day, instead of one vote, you have two votes. You can vote two different people with your votes, but you can’t use these votes to double-lynch. The first player to reach the threshold will get lynched.

You win when all werewolves are dead.

Confirm that you have read and understood your pm and the rules via pm, not in-thread.
populartajo, Greasy Spot, Macavenger & others wrote:You are a
Villager

Confirm that you have read and understood your pm and the rules via pm, not in-thread.
goborage, Amor wrote:You are a
Lone Wolf

You are a werewolf. However, you don’t know who your fellow werewolves are. Lord Gagarine was pretty clear, though: There are multiple werewolves amongst the villagers. Since you can’t win this alone, it’s best to stay away from the moonlight, and hide in your cottage during the night. However, if one of the wolves enters your house, you can prove you’re one too, and join their group.

You win when all humans are dead.
Note that I changed the Lone Wolf win condition to the following:
New Win Condition wrote:You win when the number of Werewolves in the game matches or exceeds the number of all other players in the game.
This was because of Shepherd_of_Wolves' role, which made it technically possible for the Town to win even if there was an endgame of "2 Lone Wolves v 1 Orator", even if the Lone Wolves knew each others' identities. Given that I think that scenario is just plain ludicrous, I change the win condition. If you a problem with that, take it up with me – this is more of an inherent problem with double-voters than anything else.

I don't have the other role PMs, so this will have to do. I'll be contacting MeMe so she can change the front post, since I never got those mod powers.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mmm this was unexpected. That would explain a lot of things. I have no problems with it PJ since it was obvious that people here wouldnt vote for Gobo or for Amor.
I played horribly and Ive learned some things here. I hope scum share its strattegy.
I want to know who came up with that idea. Congrats scum. Mac and Shepherd also played a good game at the beginning but I cant understand why did you prefer Greasy over Gobo. It was obvious with that hammer. What kind of doctor wants to go to night?
Why didnt you lynch Gobo?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Because the idea that there could be two scum left on the same team who didn't know each other honestly didn't occur to me, gobo had basically confirmed that, if he was scum, he didn't have a kill and there was no incentive to lynch him quickly, and that if there were two scum without a kill, Greasy had to be one of them.

I'm a little unhappy with this result, not because of what PJ did so much as I think this game seriously stretched the boundaries of what would be considered a normal game. Scum who don't know each other, a double voter, and whatever the heck a martyr was seems a bit ridiculous for a "normal."
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

O_O

I investigated Amor N1 and got an innocent...
Role PM wrote: You are a Wolf Hunter

During the night, you may choose to kill, protect, block or investigate another player. However, you can’t use any of these actions more than once.

I used my RB N2, clearly to no avail.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Amor »

Holy shit there was another lone wolf? Wow, I thought I was screwed for sure there.

Good game all.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by goborage »

OK here's my post explaining my actions.

D1: Replaced in. Got a really un-fun role. Wasn't surprised that 2 people dropped before it got to me.

This was my first game as scum and I really had no idea how to play. My first instinct was to lurk as much as possible and not to scum-hunt at all. For whatever reason I was really worried that I would accidentally find one of my partners. So I tried to just go along with the crowd and to avoid having strong opinions about other players (I didn't want to be locked onto one player, especially since there was a possibility I could find out he/she was my partner).

As a result, I really struggled to come up with anything to say D1. Most of my posts were fluff with a little bit of meta-talk. Until DBE made her defence posts. In case it isn't clear, I had no idea who my three partners were. I was being completely honest when I was defending DBE.

I left 1 incredibly subtle breadcrumb.

Post 151: "Bah leave me a lone." I was hoping someone would pick up that I know how to spell alone.

D2: I left another breadcrumb. During my early posting, I referred to Shepherd_of_Wolves by his entire name. I then switched to SoW in the middle of D1. D2 I switched again when I said: "I'm with wolves on this one. Grease's annoying playstyle rivals that of malth's." I was really hoping someone would pick up on that. Come on. "I'm with wolves".

D3: More of my complete misread on DBE. I believed her miller claim. Trust me, if I knew she was my partner I would have bussed her double-decker style.

D4: At this point I really thought I was screwed. There not being an NK made perfect sense to me and it was bad news. I did consider the idea that I had a lone wolf partner, but that really didn't help me much. My goal at that point onwards was to survive as long as possible and pray that I HAD a partner that knew how to be townish.

D6: I was actually trying to get Mac lynched today. My plan was to explain the lack of NKs by presenting the idea of a non-NK scum group. I was then planning on pushing for a Mac/GS connection or a Mac/Amor connection. Mac being the common denominator would be one of my main points.

This would get rid of any confirmed status and leave me with SoW, GS, and Amor. I would have tried to buddy up with SoW and get the others lynched. Of course Mac started on GS so that ruined the plan. I also didn't put as much effort today as I was planning on.

Anyhoo, interesting game. I'm really glad Amor was my partner. I played really poorly, particularly at the beginning. Too scared to scumhunt - lol.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by goborage »

Amor wrote:Holy shit there was another lone wolf? Wow, I thought I was screwed for sure there.

Good game all.
Seriously? I thought you of all people would see right through my claim and know exactly what I was.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I'm not even gonna say I told you so.

Good game all you guys. I know I sucked bad. Sorry for that. I was/am in too many games. I will remedy that from now on.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:52 am

Well, I was not expecting two to be alive. Second, I thought that I would have the opportunity to double vote if the odds came against me. I did not suspect Amor very much at all. I almost believed Greasy, but just could not come to grips with his play style and the rehash of all the previous arguments especially since he did not say anything about the three nights of no kill.

So, I am not clear. It looks like the 2 lone wolves could still have the option to kill, right???

Next, I really thought 3 nights was way too much for no kill and suspected Gobo's claim was looking more bunk. But, I wanted a no lynch day to prove in the night that Gobo could not have guessed a 4th night in a row. That would have sealed my vote on him. But, then again, I should have looked more into the discussion. Only Amor responded and he laid a reasonable point out. Of course, he did not want another night with no kill because gobo would be lynched and he would be alone and Mac and I were sure to have concurred him.

I only considered one more wolf to be in the game and would not have lynched so quick had I thought more through.

Grease, where did you come up with the flavor in your claim?
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:Grease, where did you come up with the flavor in your claim?
What flavor are you talking about? I think I said I was a Villager.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

wow!

I can't believe we won after all that xD

Malth (who I've already talked too *muttermutter* Killed our group with the major fos day 1...I am surprised I lasted as long as I did...but I killed the martyr and the JoaT so I wasnt totally useless xD
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

now that it's end game I can quote the missing PM:
You are two of the last remaining Werewolfs.

You, ______ and you, ______ , are two brothers, and both werewolves. It’s time for you to purify this House for once and for all. To do this, the two of you may attempt to kill another villager at night.

You win when all impure villagers are dead.
Show
you done goofed.

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 am

Post by goborage »

Lone wolves had no NK. DBE does your PM talk about recruiting the lone wolves? Does it talk about lone wolves at all?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Not at all!

I assumed there was a SK or something honestly because i was only aware of myself and malt/smoke.
Show
you done goofed.

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by goborage »

"However, if one of the wolves enters your house, you can prove you’re one too, and join their group."

WTH is this then?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ROFL, I suppose its a happen chance thing we would have been informed of on the chance we tried to kill a fellow wolf. But we werent informed of you exsisting so that it was more balanced lynch wise

Also We tried to kill Mac on N1 but the martyr (can remember player anymore) died instead.
Show
you done goofed.

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by goborage »

OIC. If you NK'd a lone wolf you'd fail and recruit him instead.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 am

Sorry, Grease. I meant, Gobo. Where did Gobo come up with his flavor?
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

For my first game, it was interesting to see that much of the conversation and actions is hard behavior to decipher, especially with the two lone wolves. Especially, since both of them did not know each other and were not even alluded to by the Mod to the two scum that were in alliance.

I really thought that town had this one rapped up. I would have gone for Gobo on the next day and Amor on the last. I thought 4 nights with no kill would have completely debunked him. However, If Amor stood alone in his lone wolf status and Gobo really had been the Doc, then there still would have been no night kill. It just was a strange scenario that I was not expecting in the slightest.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Amor »

I was also thinking that I would be recruited if the wolves tried to target me for a kill, which was why I decided to play as pro-town as possible. I actually convinced people I was town a lot better than I did in most games where I'm town.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol this was my frist game as scum, and well I woulda done better had the partner not slipped up d1 but obv. it worked itself out xD

and honestly got no idea how i lasted as long as I did.
Show
you done goofed.

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by goborage »

I had just finished reading Hamlet so the word apothecary might have been hanging around in my mind.

Mac made this post: "Apothecary being a protective role would be correct, and somewhat fits flavor-wise, though the flavor on the method strikes me as a bit off. Apothecaries were more pharmacists than alchemists."

I remember wanting to post something to disprove Mac seeing as how an apothecary could make topical creams/unguents and how alchemy wouldn't fit at all but I stopped myself as it might have incriminated me.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by goborage »

O wait Romeo and Juliet.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”