.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:05 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Mod Edit -- Click here for the Votecount on this page

In post 1547, Conspire wrote:Thanks for the
Catch Up
. I kinda want to see this glitch in the matrix though.

~Cosmic
Of course.
In post 1486, Bingle wrote:
In post 1484, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1483, Bingle wrote:
In post 1469, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1464, April Ludgate wrote:@Penguin - we should just disregard that anyways. It’s a moo point.
:lol: you got it.
I feel like we've had this exact interaction before, and I look forward to having it again in the future. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Krazy on Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(") | (")>
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Conspire »

Quality
interaction tbh.

~Cosmic
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 am

Post by votato »

In post 1549, Conspire wrote:votato, you strongly townread Birds, who you think you are town and are defending you, but don't townread April as highly, because you're afraid she may be buddying you. What's different about them?

~Cosmic
my reads arent based on whether the person townreads me. birds have made no effort to actively defend me, it just seems like they generally townread me. april has been actively defending me, so theres more potential for buddying. or, ironically, maybe the reverse is true. april is in my townpile, but i think i have a better read on birds based on firebringer. The question asked for two top townreads. april isnt in my top two.
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Birds and the Boys »

In post 1537, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Why do you scum read him? Just because he's 'not involved' within the first RL week of a 60 page, 17+ player game?
Yes. Enough time has elapsed for Dunn to get involved in the game. I have played with Dunn 3-4 times over the last 5-6 months. Dunn's play in this game more closely resembles his play when he was scum than his play when he was town.

Do you not find lurking to be scum indicative?
In post 1537, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:With respect to your slot, I don't like either of your Dunnstral or Chemist pushes. They're not grounded in anything likely to be scum-indicative, they're just convenient vote parks on easy picking low activity slots. Your heads can't even seem to cohesively reason about whether Dunnstral's activity makes him scum or not
:? Come again?

You think our votes on Chemist and Dunnstral are convenient vote parks? Not on people like votato or Blatant Scum who have had a wagon for pretty much the entirety of Day 1? Is that really what you think? And you discussed this with Auro?

:?
In post 1537, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Have you two synced on this read? Did Fire change his mind from what he said in 752?
No. As a hydra, we have not really synced on any of our reads right now. The last thing of substance we talked about in the hydra chat was the comedy show Community. :lol:
In post 1536, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Votato read though is a bit more legitimate, for the original points. He didn't bother to understand his role. What's more likely - town not asking for clarification on their role, or scum not bothering to have asked for an explanation of their provided fakeclaim?

-Calvin
To be honest, I thought that votato was scum when votato refused to claim. However, I could not get over the fact that as scum at L-1, why would votato continue to antagonize the town by refusing to claim? And if scum, why wouldn't votato claim something the town would want to keep around? His play does not conform to my idea of a scum trying to survive. Rather, votato's play looks like a person refusing to conform to this town's expectations.

Moreover, votato on page 27 said that in 20-30 pages votato would have a better idea of reads. Votato mostly provided those reads without prompting. I think that type of approach to the game is more likely to come from town than from scum.

---
In post 1542, farside22 wrote:
In post 1539, Bingle wrote:Counteroffer, when does turkey not?
I don't recall fire really pushing players to begin with.
You don't recall Firebringer calling for Mastina's death in Doubles Mafia?

---
In post 1150, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
Votecount 1.21

Blatant Scum(4)
~ , , ,
votato(3)
~ , ,
Dunnstral(2)
~ ,
Conspire(1)
~
Chemist1422(1)
~

Not Voting (1):

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-11 11:45:58)

Joint Mod ISO

MOD REMINDERS
PenguinPower is V/LA until for a bit.
rawr

FLAVORTBD
I challenge the people scumreading us to really look at our wagon at this point in the day. These votes primarily came from when I fake scumclaimed with that tab picture. However, several of those votes are still on us. Farside is really the only player who has voted us after that fake scumclaim with any sort of reasoning approaching scumhunting. JJH, Chemist, Creature, AND Blatant Scum *still* have their votes on us. That's problematic.

I may not have given April enough credit with her opinion on Blatant Scum slipping, but right now his vote on us contradicts his scumreads and it is odd that he is still voting us.

- turducken
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Actually I’m shooting farside. I feel I’ve done a good amount other than defending votato.

Including pushing dunn a little, and some VCA
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Farside is likely scum trying to make sure Votato lynch goes through today
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Farside also hopped off of Dunnstral when it looked to be picking up steam
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 am

Post by votato »

Both conspire and C&H are lurking, and every time conspire appears it seems to be to try and get my wagon going again. because its lingered so long, and because the people on it seem to have tunneled so hard, i feel like theres gotta be at least one, probably two scum pushing my wagon, so in {BS, conspire, PP, (C&H)}.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:57 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Farside effectively scum claimed in their last post agenda wise, to be honest.

VOTE: Farside

Farside-Dunnstral have high scum equity together.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Especially because Bingle stated that he was only voting Dunnstral as almost a placeholder.

Farside being on the wagon was for show originally, and now that Dunn was picking up he made sure to try to change momentum back to Votato.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:59 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Vote Farside with me, Votato
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Calvin ānd Hobbes »

In post 1553, Birds and the Boys wrote:Yes. Enough time has elapsed for Dunn to get involved in the game. I have played with Dunn 3-4 times over the last 5-6 months. Dunn's play in this game more closely resembles his play when he was scum than his play when he was town.
I find it hard to believe you really think his sum total of
literally nine posts
is enough of a reason to be making meta claims as strong as this one. So I want to ask for the receipts - please link me to these town games and these scum games you are referring to, and then let's look together at his first 9 posts in each game (as well as the size/activity levels of each game) and see whether this point holds up to scrutiny.
In post 1553, Birds and the Boys wrote:Do you not find lurking to be scum indicative?
Not when it's D1 of a large game with massive amounts of shitposting and barely any wagons/threads to engage with. I don't even really agree that Dunn's play can be described as "lurking" here.
In post 1553, Birds and the Boys wrote: Come again?

You think our votes on Chemist and Dunnstral are convenient vote parks? Not on people like votato or Blatant Scum who have had a wagon for pretty much the entirety of Day 1? Is that really what you think? And you discussed this with Auro?
Convenient does not mean "a wagon already exists on them", it means it's a relatively easy vote to place and justify.

Having a spicy wagon like Votato at L-1 or BS aggressively arguing with people is a
less convenient
vote for scum in early D1, because it means you are going to be required to spend effort explaining why you are bandwagoning there and it will receive scrutiny/attention when the wagon gets hot. No one cares who is or isn't voting Chemist right now, he hasn't done enough to be a factor in the game, there's been no real attention being paid to him. Therefore he's a convenient vote.

I didn't discuss this reasoning specifically with Auro but we did agree last night that your slot looks bad while I was catching up.

-Hobbes
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:03 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 1546, farside22 wrote:
In post 1544, PenguinPower wrote:fotahdo is still scum but I don't think we're lynching him today for...reasons.
here you go
VOTE: votato

There it will stay until one the following:
(1) April does more then defending votato
(2) hell freezes over.
(3) votato starts looking less scummy
(4) bird votes start to appear.

Also this is actually incredibly scum indicative as well. Bird votes appear?

There’s already a big wagon on Birds.

And he was voting Dunnstral.

And Hell is cold this time of year, everyone knows that. It’s why I have a time share here.

So that is 4 out of 4 of those.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:04 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I’m pretty sure Birds is the leading wagon even
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Im sorry i missed where april explained why voltato is town that his role claim.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am

Post by farside22 »

*looks* nope didn't miss that at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Calvin ānd Hobbes »

In post 1561, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Convenient does not mean "a wagon already exists on them", it means it's a relatively easy vote to place and justify.

Having a spicy wagon like Votato at L-1 or BS aggressively arguing with people is a less convenient vote for scum in early D1, because it means you are going to be required to spend effort explaining why you are bandwagoning there and it will receive scrutiny/attention when the wagon gets hot. No one cares who is or isn't voting Chemist right now, he hasn't done enough to be a factor in the game, there's been no real attention being paid to him. Therefore he's a convenient vote.

I didn't discuss this reasoning specifically with Auro but we did agree last night that your slot looks bad while I was catching up.
like to just continue to hammer this point, which do you think is more convenient/easy for scum to fake:

- Finding valid-sounding reasons to vote/wagon votato in his 85 post ISO, asking him questions and spinning his answers the way you want, fending off questions from people about why Votato is at L-1, dealing with the ramifications if he's quicklynched and flips town

vs

-"Dunnstral only has 9 posts his ISO is terrible"

-Hobbes
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 1.22

Blatant Scum(4)
~ (65), (32), (9), (208)

votato(3)
~ (76), (25), (76)
Dunnstral(3)
~ (68), (126), (85)
Birds and the Boys(3)
~ (23), (139), (133)
farside22(2)
~ (91), (172)
Dr Easy Bake(1)
~ (30)

Not Voting (1): (168)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-11 11:45:48)

MOD REMINDERSChecking Mastina's V/LA status
chemist1422 needs a prod. The last post was at: 5/5/2020 8:29:00 PM which was 2 days 18 hours 42 minutes 11 seconds ago.

FLAVORImage
Last edited by Krazy on Fri May 08, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 363, April Ludgate wrote:Wow this game drastically slowed down once the Votato wagon picked up. That’s probably scum indicative.

Who was on Holden, but not Votato?
In post 495, April Ludgate wrote:
triple vote activate

VOTE: Votato
While im asking question that will never get an answer how is shotting a player that allignment never getting flip actual help this game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh those post were april happy with voltato as scum until his claim
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Holden: i need your brain for a moment. I had a thought in reference to something you said earlier.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 1557, votato wrote:Both conspire and C&H are lurking, and every time conspire appears it seems to be to try and get my wagon going again. because its lingered so long, and because the people on it seem to have tunneled so hard, i feel like theres gotta be at least one, probably two scum pushing my wagon, so in {BS, conspire, PP, (C&H)}.
My reasons for thinking you're scum are:
  • Early awkwardness that could be scum not sure what to do.
  • Your claim, and not knowing what the role does, despite the fact it should be explained in the role PM.
I'm gonna go ISO April to see why she thinks you're town.

~Cosmic
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Conspire »

Alright, so votato is a watcher that will heal the "janitor" part of a kill of the person he watches, correct? So, Player Y gets nightkilled and janitored, votato will see Player SCUM visit Y, and Y will flip the next day due to votato's janitor "heal". Correct me if I'm misinterpreting that.

April is implying she can kill and her kill comes attached with a janitor ability, so should be able to clear votato, since it doesn't really make any sense for votato to have a janitor-heal as scum. If they're both scum, this is a 77,108 IQ move, but that's
probably
not the case.

I agree we should lynch someone else if my assumptions above are correct.

~Cosmic
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Conspire »

who to sheep, who to sheep

~Cosmic
Birds and the Boys