BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I've been obsessively checking this game to see when it unlocks.

I also made a post over the night to post in case I didn't get NKed:

I really thought Seth was scum after Guardian turned out to be scum, but now I’m not so sure that I was correct. One part of the events yesterday confused me; Guardian was lynched with everyone except me and himself voting for him. This means that there definitely was bussing, something I didn’t expect. I mistakenly assumed the Scum would not lynch their partner yesterday, but I was proven wrong. I’m starting to think that it’s possible it could have been anyone voting for Guardian that thought they could get pro-town points for voting Guardian.
In addition, it’s still possible that Destructor could be scum.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I find it curious that I have yet to be night killed on this site.

Of the people alive, I think you're least likely to be scum, BAB. You approached everything from a logical perspective. I'll post more when it's no longer almost 3 am.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:56 am

Post by destructor »

If I am scum, then yesterday was a big bus-fest, obviously. Unless Bab wants to elaborate on this further, I don't know if it's worth dwelling on. The way I see it, for him to have bussed his buddy yesterday would be counterintuitive since a mislynch would have won scum the game.

I'm still pretty much convinced that Seth is the last scum. Matt's vanilla and I don't think Bab would have made the case he did against Imat in Day 2 if he was scum with him. Add to that how silent Guardian was on all things Sethaniel yesterday.

So...
Vote: Sethaniel
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 am

I just realized we are at LYLO... again.
I think it's in our best interest to have a mass-claim. We already know what destructor is claiming to be, we know what Matt_S has said he is (and if you're something other than vanilla, please claim so now), but we don't know what Sethaniel or what I am.

So, is anyone up for a 1/2 a mass-claim? The only thing that could opssibly play a role in today's lynch is if Sethaniel claims a power-role.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm really a vanilla townie. One thing that makes me nervous of destructor is the way Guardian spent all of his time trying to paint ting as a scum buddy. It sounded like he could have been setting up a mislynch for the next day, as if destructor's potential lynch wouldn't be enough. However, it could also be that he was just trying to make himself look like he was scumhunting. As I've stated yesterday, I don't see too many problems with destructor being unNKable, due to potential kill unstoppability for the serial killer, or perhaps even the godfather. Another point in destructor's favor is that if Sethaniel weren't scum, Guardian probably could have just claimed a result on him and probably had better odds of getting a mislynch.

The point that pretty much seals Sethaniel's fate away is his hammering post. He pretty much admits that he didn't look at the evidence. Add to this the timing of his vote, with BAB probably about to hammer, and it seems like an attempt for brownie points. If that's still not enough, ting accused Sethaniel of bussing. Ting died. I'm not one for WIFOM, but maybe one of you is.

So yeah, massclaim. Sethaniel, I choose you!
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 am

Yeah, Sethaniel, I think you should claim now.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:12 am

bump and
prod: Sethaniel
because this game is going to pretty much stop until Sethaniel claims.

Also: Destructor: Do you have any problem with Seth claiming first? Or would you rather me claim first?
Signature:
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by destructor »

I think he's scum, so yeah, I'd like him to claim first.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I just wanted to post in this game so that all my watched topics would have my name. So... Yeah...
Show

(2) think very hard;
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by destructor »

Spammer!

And I just ruined your watch list! hahahaha
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm

He's probably going to get lynched if he isn't a power role.
Signature:
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Prodded Sethaniel.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Well, then I guess I'm lynched because I'm just a vanilla townie.

It's a very WIFOM argument to say I NKd ting because he said I was bussing guardian.

Also, I didn't "admit" to voting Guardian without looking at the evidence. The whole point was that up till that day, the evidence said Guardian was scum-- Guardian was trying to get town to focus on the merits of his claim vs. des's claim.

I think if anyone was looking for brownie points, it was bab.

I don't know who I was supposed to be, all I got was "vanilla townie."
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:43 am

Vote:Destructor

Game over. I am the pro-town power role replacer. I didn't get a result on N2 because I investigated KHelvaster/whoever replaced him. I got an innocent on Sethaniel. I didn't claim earlier because I was afraid of being naive.

So, I was giving Khelvaster/whoever replaced him. every excuse to fake-claim. Contrary to what I said, I would have lynched him most likely if he said a power role. If he said townie I would have revealed my result and wonder if I was naive....

then
I had a sudden epiphany. Like, 5 minutes ago. I bolted out of bed and ran here to win the game. I knew that it didn't even matter what Seth claimed.
There's no way I can be naive
. Talitha would have had to recieve at least one result (which she didn't) in order to know the cop was naive. Or the mod would have had to tell her. NOne of these happens, so I'm 100% sane.

My fingers are shakign I'm so excited that I've finnaly won a mafia game!
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 am

I've got a boat load of explanations for my actions and breadcrumbs. I was going to claim in my first post but I decided to wait. (that was when I didn't realize that I had to be a sane cop).

I already have a post explaning my stuff written out. I just need to find it.

and
prod: Sethaniel
prod: Matt_S

Come on! Hurry up and win the game!!!!!!!!! (oh and if there's a kink in my logic please let me know).
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 am

I'm going to feeel like suuuuuuuch an ass if I did something wrong with my logic. THat would be really
really
embarassing.

Okay here's the post (which I originall planned to make my second post of the day. Keep in mind that I wrote the post when I still thought I could be a naive cop):

Claim: cop

Explanation of my actions:

But what happened, Bridges? I thought Talitha was the cop!? It's true. I'm not really the cop, I'm the pro-town power role replacer. After a power role is killed, I have the opportunity (a certain probability) to try and take that power. Once I replace, I keep the power for the rest of the game. I got lucky and was able to successfully (It wasn't certain that it would work) take over Talitha's power. Once I took over a power-role succesfully I was able to use the power that same night.

I investigated Empking/Khelvaster first (because I was convinced that he was not a power-role and was either scum or townie). Because I was convinced he wasn't a power-role, I wanted to make sure that mafia didn't NK him because I wanted to investigate him. That's why I said, very specifically,
I've decided it's in the town's best interests for me to do this.
Before explaining why I thought Empking/Khelvaster wasn't a power role. I thought it was in the town's best interest because it would mean I would get an investigation...

Well, no dice. I feel idiotic for choosing Empking/Khelvaster, because he died. Ugh!
And
he actually was a power-role. So I totally made a mistake investigating Khelvaster.

Also at the start of Day 3, I made sure not to mention any of my suspicions right away. (it took my 4 posts to make my vote) I also made sure to tell everyone one I was caught between Guardian and Destructor. I did this so that everyone would know I got no result over the night if I was Nked the next night (the night that just occurred).

I wasn't checking this thread obsessively, but I got a pm with my result so then I knew the thread was open. I realize it was pretty stupid (it made me seem like I could be a power role. But that actually turned out to help prove my point.) posting almost as soon as it was unlocked, but I guess for this final day it really didn't matter.

Breadcrumbs:

The first day (before I took over Talitha's role) I made plenty of breadcrumbs that I planned on taking over for the cop when I said things like:
“I wish we had a cop still.” I was saying I wish I will succesfully replace Talitha.
“I guess losing our cop wasn’t too bad.” Because I can totally replace Talitha and so that death didn't matter much.
“Damn, I wish we still had a detective.” Again, same as before.

These should be actual quotes that I said. On a word document I wrote a bunch of breadcrumbs I wanted to fit into my posts, and I think these were actually said word for word. You could check if you like.

I planned on claiming at least sometime today, and I decided the earlier the better. Anyway, in my previous post I actually said
I was
C
orrect.
O
ne
P
art of the events

Results

Unfortunately I only have one.
I got an innocent on Sethaniel

I don't believe this because for balance issues I could be naive and Seth has been scummy. Or I could be insane.

However, the mafia did have a godfather, which means I may not be correct.

Anyway, the real reason I'm claiming this is so that we have a better shot of lynching the correct person today.
Signature:
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Sethaniel »

What? Because you're sure I'm innocent, des must be the scum?

I don't get it. I also don't get how you say your role works. You didn't get a result on Khel because?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 am

another breadcrumb,
So, is anyone up for a 1/2 a mass-claim? The only thing that
c
ould
o
pssibly
p
lay a role in today's lynch is if Sethaniel claims a power-role.

These breadcrumbs are a lot easier to find for scum then the subtle ones I was making before about "i was we had a cop." so I didn't want to make any until I actually got a result. When I breadcrumb (this is actually the first time I've done it), I try to breadcrumb in ways that no one can see them (otherwise I get NKed), but when I reveal it makes sense.'
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 am

Sethaniel wrote:What? Because you're sure I'm innocent, des must be the scum?

I don't get it. I also don't get how you say your role works. You didn't get a result on Khel because?
Khel died N2.

There has to be one scum left. It can't be Matt_s cuz he could have switched his vote to destructor and won the game for him and Guardian.

You can't be scum becasue your innocent.

THe way my role works is I pm the mod each night and say the name of a
dead
pro-town power role. I replaced in the game Day 2, and n1 there were no pro-town power roles alive. When I replaced in Day 2, we had a cop dead, and I planned to replace that power power. SO I added in the crumbs abour wishing a cop was alive.
Then n2, I pmed Talitha (the new mod) and asked to attempt to replaced Talitha (The dead cop). I was succesful (There was some unknown chance of failure), and I was able to use the power role, that night. So I investigated Khelvaster, who died.

I did alot of debating in myself wether I should replace Massive, the doctor, instead, but I realized I had already breadcrumbed for cop and I felt that a cop would help town win more than a doc.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 am

eebwop: kehl died n2, and so I didn't get a result on him. n2 was the night I replaced Talitha (the dead cop),

Think of me as nurse/deputy

but I also could have replaced Khelaster as a vig. Unfortunately I already chose to replace the cop and I did so succesfully.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 am

shit, I've been using the wrong word.
I hadn't looked at my role pm in ages.

My actual names is the
universal back up
Signature:
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Matt_S »

I will be so mad at you if you're scum. I'm tempted to believe you because you could have just waited for the Sethaniel mislynch. Because I totally would have voted him if you hadn't claimed this. I'll think about this for a while.
Show

(2) think very hard;
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:30 am

Matt_S: Doing this gambit as scum would have been INCREDIBLY STUPID.
YOu
said you were going to vote Sethaniel, Destructor already did, and I would have had plenty of reason to.

This isn't WIFOM, because I don't need to seem pro-town points. If I was scum, Sethaniel would be SUPER easy to lynch today. But I'm not. I'm a pro-town cop relacer with a result that gurantees a win.

Please answer this question: Assuming I'm telling the truth, do I have any kinks in my logic?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:32 am

Also: turning this lynch to Destructor is obviously harder that lynching Seth. So if I was scum, why would I possibly go for the harder way to win the game!?
Signature:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”