Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Dark wingstalker »

So, Maxwell. Still claiming the cop?

What did you get on your investigation? any guilties?
Anyway, its 2am here, i waited up to see how the day dawned, now i'm gonna get some sleep.

Interested in your explaination though maxwell. If we genuinely have two cops, Maybe our Day 1 mislynch wont be so bad.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I very much want to hear from Maxwell, but I'd still like to go after Dark Wingstalker and Litral.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

i got DWS as guilty.

i know i thought DWS was innocent yesterday, but i decided to check him after chenhsi turned up cop. and when chenhsi was bandwagoned, DWS had some scummy posts...

i'm afraid i might be some weird sanity though =( though, if i am, i guess i am no use to town. sorry town =/
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, I'm willing to believe you, since I suspected Dark wingstalker as well. If I've been in a game with two one-shot vigs, then I can believe two cops.

Vote: Dark wingstalker

If you have a sanity issue, though, maxwellhouse, we'll probably find a way to work it out (assuming you live past today).

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Litral »

Heck...

I, for one, cannot believe there can be two actual cops. Vigs are probably some of the weakest of the roles, and one-shot vigs are even weaker, so having two of them could work out. Suppose there actually are two cops, the mafia must be horribly powerful - or large. What are the chances we would be so screwed as to out both of them day one?

Max, chenhsi died as the "town cop". Is there something about your role we should know about?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by nhat »

Odd, if there were two cops, then why would scum take their chances on letting the other cop live?

Vote - Maxwellhouse

If he is scum, then that's one less scum.

If he is a legit cop, then at least we can confirm that DWS is scum and lynch him day 3.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

nhat wrote:Odd, if there were two cops, then why would scum take their chances on letting the other cop live?
Beats me, to be brutally honest. My first guess, however, is that they're hoping that the town thinks the other cop is scum so that they can get an easy lynch.

I suspect a gambit...

But I refuse to fall for it!

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by nhat »

Assuming he's a real cop, if he's not lynched, he will be NKed for sure.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

The way I see it there are a few options:

A) Max is scum and trying to get us to lynch another townie.

B) Max is insane so DWS is innocent.

C) Max is sane and DWS is scum.

What Litral said about Chenshi's role being Town Cop is a pretty good point. At the moment I'm debating whether or not I should vote for DWS or Max. Either way, it looks like one will be lynched today and one tomorrow.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

We don't need to lynch maxwellhouse today. If he's scum he can't do us much harm, and if he's town the longer he's alive the more info we will get. Max, tonight investigate yourself if it's possible (ask mod via pm now and tell us if you can).

Until we know max's sanity, we should also keep DWS alive in case max is paranoid. That's my two cents on max and DWS.

Now yesterday Litral wanted to lynch Inspector Godot. Do you still feel he might be scum and why?

FOS: nhat
for automatically assuming max falseclaimed yesterday because chensi turned up town

FoS: Inspector Godot
for lining up lynches. While both DWS and Maxwellhouse are suspect, it doesn't mean they are going to be lynched. Especially since you even concede that one of the lynchees has a 2/3 chance of being town.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by nhat »

I took the liberty of looking at a few past games in little italy, and it looks like there's a chance of having multiple cops of varying powers in the game, so...

unvote

vote - dark wingstalker

My reasoning being the same from day 1, plus his lynch could clear maxwellhouse if DWS turns out to be scum.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by Cass »

Another option is there's more than one anti-town faction. In that case Max & DWS are most likely both scum (of different factions). There was only one kill, but it's entirely possible that Max was targeted and protected.

There's a few options:

1) We lynch DWS. If Max is honest or of another scum group, DWS turns up guilty. If Max is lying scum or insane, DWS turns up town.
2) We lynch Max. If he flips town cop, we should probably lynch DWS. Though that would greatly increase the probability of an insane cop (two sane town cops seems a bit much). If Max flips scum, this does not confirm DWS as innocent, because of:
3) This could be a big fat gambit and they're both mafia. That way, we kill one and it proves the other innocent.

So we could be looking at two scum, two innocents or any combination.

I have a bad feeling about Max. He doesn't seem confident about his own investigation. And if we're dealing with a scum group of three, this gambit is very much worth it. Also, DWS is very much the easy target for a lynch. Lynching DWS will not confirm Max nor prove his sanity with any kind of certainty. So:

Vote: MaxwellHouse
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

i was away over the weekend, i feel like i missed out on the lynching

dark's post before the investigation report had me feeling odd about it, too something. you know you can't put your finger on it but it gives out vibes.
so maxwell's result isn't too much of a surprise.
but agree with the general tone of others going "2 cops? what on earth have the mafia got?"

godot, why you planning the pair of lynches like that? if dark comes up scum, surely that would give max a day off at least?
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 pm

geraintm wrote: godot, why you planning the pair of lynches like that? if dark comes up scum, surely that would give max a day off at least?
I wasn't planning lynches, I was just saying what seemed likely to happen. And yes, if Dark was scum Max would almost certainly be confirmed town.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

well, the way you went "either way, one will be lynched today and th eother tomorrow" looked like you had your next two days lynches osrted out
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by Battousai »

also note, we do not know the sanity of chensi. Chensi could have been paranoid. Also note, if Max turns up as cop, then we still won't know Dws's alignment. So I urge you guys to not lynch either max or DWS today and wait for the information we can obtain tomorrow. We still have time to lynch either of the two LATER. We still have plenty of information from yesterday to make an informed lynch.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by nhat »

Battousai wrote:also note, we do not know the sanity of chensi. Chensi could have been paranoid. Also note, if Max turns up as cop, then we still won't know Dws's alignment. So I urge you guys to not lynch either max or DWS today and wait for the information we can obtain tomorrow. We still have time to lynch either of the two LATER. We still have plenty of information from yesterday to make an informed lynch.
You put DWS at L-1 yesterday, so what has changed? I'm saying, better to lynch him, then we can see if Maxwellhouse was right or not.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by nhat »

Cass wrote: So we could be looking at two scum, two innocents or any combination.
Brilliant! I think you're on to something :mrgreen:
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

It's quite obvious what has changed. Deadline and a supposed investigation.

Let's say DWS turns up scum, that means we max either bussed his partner, who yesterday was the supposed lynch target until Max counterclaimed and likely to get lynched today. Or Max is a normal sanity cop.

If DWS turns up town, that means either max is scum and lied yesterday or max is a paranoid cop.

If Max turns up town cop, DWS could be town due to Max's paranoid sanity or scum due to max's normal sanity.

If Max turns up scum, then DWS could be town as Max picked an easy lynched target and was using an unsure sanity to defend himself upon DWS's lynch or DWS could be scum and max is trying to defend his partner by making him appear more townish or could be scum in another mafia faction

You see, without further information we can not learn the other's alignment upon one's lynch. There's a chance we could mislynch two more times because of lynching them right away.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

i have to confess, this is the first game i can remember i'veplayed in where there appears to be two cops. making it very confusing for me.
right now, i am of the opinion that max believes his claim.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 pm

geraintm wrote:well, the way you went "either way, one will be lynched today and th eother tomorrow" looked like you had your next two days lynches osrted out
No, that was the vibe I was getting from the messages already posted. For all we know DWS and Max could escape the lynch today.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by Cass »

Right now, I think they are both scum. That's why I'm voting Max. But admitted the risk that they're both innocent - though in that case Max is an insane cop and not too useful to us.

I do not like this situation. (And I blame Chenhsi :evil: )
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by nhat »

Battousai, how are we going to learn their alignments without a lynch? I'm just saying, if they both make it to day 3, then what info will we have about them that we don't have today?

Let's look at it this way...I don't think a scum would counter-claim as cop on day 1 just so he could bus his own partner on Day 2. Meaning that there's a decent chance that Maxwellhouse is a cop, regardless of sanity. I'd like to know how it's useful to keep DWS alive.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by Cass »

You have a point, leaving DWS alive isn't particularly useful. I guess we'll just have to hope something happens during night to confirm Max either way.
Because there's still the chance that Max is a sane cop:

Unvote
Vote: DarkWingStalker

I do want to emphasize that whatever DWS flips, it doesn't (completely) confirm Max as anything.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by Cass »

Nhat: it wouldn't be such a bad gambit for a scum in this case. Chenhsi looked quite bad, and would have been lynched over most counterclaimers. There was DWS (whether scum or town) as an obvious victim for day two. All that keeps a scum-Max alive for two or three days at least, while distracting attention from his scumbuddies, a good chance of drawing out more power roles and control over who to mislynch.

So, call it lining up lynchings if you want - unless something confirms Max by tomorrow, I think we can't let him live. I'm willing to give him that chance, because several people seem inclined to trust him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”