Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

i think dark has to die
vote dark

we do have to kill one of them to get some order into the game, and allowing max another night alive to get another investigation has to be good. i think we get mor einfo with dark dead than max dead.
whether max ends up being pro/anti town or sane/insane or whatever, getting the results of his second night should give us much more to go on
i make that the 4th vote. woul dlike mod to poll though, today is going fast
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Dark wingstalker »

Well, That hardly seems very fair.

If he's paranoid, Shouldnt we take another day's results from him first, to see if he is sane?

I don't think he's mafia, Because I dont understand why he would chuck himself out on day 1, Maybe a trade of Cop for Scum.

If we do have two cops, even of varying sanities,We should be wary of Mafia powerroles to counteract it, Like roleblockers, or even a godfather. after all, An insane cop is just as useful as a sane cop when hes's worked out he's insane, and so its likely the mafia would of been beefed up to counteract it.

If we do have a doctor [please, DONT claim] i'd suggest whatever happens to me today, you protect maxwell, the only scummy thing i can recall from him is
maxwellhouse wrote:i have a bad feeling about this now =/ sorry chenhsi. don't be so rude though.
and as such, i believe Maxwell house's claim, Which under normal circumstances would be difficult, seeing as he just fingered me as guilty.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 am

Post by geraintm »

dark, we can get another days results from and lynch you at the same time. lynching you would help settle his sanity one way or the other too.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 am

Well sure, If thats the way its gotta be, and it'll help the town, I guess you should hang me.

Hold up though, We should look into our death last night aswell, Imaginality, and look at his posts. Someone wanted him dead for some reason or another, and it might help Maxwell's investigation choice for tonight.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Cass »

Well, imaginality suspected Wumbo (dropped that case), you (a lot), Litral (as your buddy) and geraintm. So it could point to one or more of those being scum. Especially if you flip scum. It could point to Max being scum and killing him to reinforce the case on you even more. Especially if you flip town.

He was inclined to believe Max' claim. No idea if that could be relevant. We might count it in favor of Max, if you flip scum.

He also came off as very townie and an active scumhunter. That alone might have been cause enough.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:49 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

i really like battousai's idea of investigating myself. if i can, i am going to do that.

for some reason, i feel as if killing imaginality was a setup, in a way. i feel like whoever killed him off would want us to point fingers at what imaginality said.

not saying DWS is scum or not scum, because i honestly CAN'T say it confidently until the end of this day/the next night. just wondering, is it really smart to kill off someone who thought you suspicious? wouldn't that make you the prime suspect? imaginality believed what i said though, so i guess that kinda makes me look guilty if this is the case... i don't know. i just think it's too easy for the scum to just kill someone who found them suspicious.

or maybe i am overthinking... =x
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

Max: did the mod tell you that you were allowed to investigate yourself?

The info we can gain tomorrow by NOT lynching either of the two is that max can investigate himself. If he get's guilty then DWS has to be innocent, and max is insane or paranoid. If he get's innocent then DWS is scum and Max is a sane cop.
Then if max is scum and has lied about his investigation, since we will know his sanity, we will know max is scum.

That right there should limit the number of mislynches to 1.

Regarding Imaginality, more than likely a case of lynch a random player. It was only night 1 and chances of one person to garner enough support for a lynch (especially with max and DWS still alive) of them is low, thus I doubt it was a NK to defend themselves.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Litral »

I think imaginality was just killed because he was active and likely to look at things deeply. Not good for scum.

I had this big post earlier but I lost it... what I wanted to say was that, yes, Battousai, I still think Godot is a good lynch scumtell-wise, although Dark may be good in terms of strategy. Godot's tunnelling post gives me the same bad feeling - that he is limiting our choices to those that can both be bad for us.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

So DWS is at L-2, which I feel comfortable with right now. I'd like to see some thoughts from Wumbo.
Litral wrote:Godot's tunnelling post gives me the same bad feeling - that he is limiting our choices to those that can both be bad for us.
Limiting our choices to those that can both be bad for us? What?
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:49 am

If Max can investigate himself, Then we have the luxury of Lynching Godot, and then getting a clear picture of max's sanity tommorow.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:47 pm

So nice to see you try and start a bandwagon on me, especially considering that you've listed me in your top suspects and not really attacked me at all this game. I'd love to put an OMGUS on you, but that would put you at L-1 and that strikes me as a very scummy thing to do.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Wumbo »

It seems strange that there would be two cops in a game.

I'm not really inclined to vote DWS at the moment as it could be a mafia setup, or max could have weird sanity issues.

At any rate, night all. I'll look into this more tomorrow morning.
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Inspector Godot wrote:So nice to see you try and start a bandwagon on me, especially considering that you've listed me in your top suspects and not really attacked me at all this game. I'd love to put an OMGUS on you, but that would put you at L-1 and that strikes me as a very scummy thing to do.
mmm, I havent really attacked many of my top suspects, since i came off as an arse attacking Litral and getting my count wrong. This led to bad things :P

But to be totally honest, i was just referencing Litrals pick, Hence the lack of a vote. It could of been any vote. The main reason for voting me seems to be to verify max's sanity. If he can investigate himself, he can clear me, which is far preferable to me then becoming a corpse, Im just waiting to here if thats possible from maxwell. I'm willing to die for sanity if i have to, But god, i am not a martyr.
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Hypatia »

VOTE COUNT:

Dark wingstalker

cass
nhat
StrangerCoug
geraintm

6 to lynch.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:44 am

Post by nhat »

Mod - can cops investigate themselves?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwellhouse, I have a question: If you investigated Dark wingstalker and he came back as guilty, then why are you worrying about sanity rather than voting him?

FoS: maxwellhouse
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Hypatia »

nhat wrote:
Mod - can cops investigate themselves?
The moderator cannot publicly answer questions about possible roles.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Cass »

StrangerCoug wrote:maxwellhouse, I have a question: If you investigated Dark wingstalker and he came back as guilty, then why are you worrying about sanity rather than voting him?

FoS: maxwellhouse
That's why I voted Max earlier, he doesn't seem convinced by his own investigation. Even though I assume he checked DWS for being the scummiest player...
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

sorry, i am waiting for a clarification. i will post after i get it.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

okay, so, i am allowed to investigate myself.

here is what i am worried about investigating myself. maybe it's overworrying? i dunno.

best thing that could happen:
i investigated DWS. he turns up guilty
we lynch DWS today, he turns up guilty.
mafia finds out i'm of normal sanity. not too bad, really. just hope they don't get the doc.
i investigate myself. i come up innocent. kind of wastes a night, but whatever.
rest of the game, hoping doc won't die.

more complicated thing:
we lynch DWS today, he turns up innocent.
mafia find out i'm insane. they kill someone innocent.
i investigate myself. i come up guilty. waste of a night.
next day, i say i am guilty. people don't know to believe me or not? since DWS claimed and came up innocent and i am saying i'm guilty now, people will think it's convenient that i got nothing new.
day 3- i either get lynched or be able to cop one more night.

so basically, investigating myself will just make one night useless. yeah, i think that's what all of you are saying. =x =x =x =x

so yeah, i am kinda stupid. we do need to lynch DWS. i need to see my sanity, the rest of you can take what i say or think it's fake. but i don't know how investigating myself WOULD help, since it would just waste a night and people might not believe what i say the next day anyway.

vote: dark wingstalker

sorry. he's at L-1 right now.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

What are you talking about? Investigating yourself is only a wasted night IF we lynch DWS today. If we lynch someone else and tomorrow you tell us your result.

If you get guilty, your insane. If you get innocent, we lynch DWS and that will prove your alignment. So if we lynch DWS today it will prove your sanity, but not your alignment. If we wait until tomorrow, then that will prove your alignment and sanity.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwellhouse wrote:okay, so, i am allowed to investigate myself.

here is what i am worried about investigating myself. maybe it's overworrying? i dunno.

best thing that could happen:
we lynch DWS today, he turns up guilty.
mafia finds out i'm of normal sanity. not too bad, really. just hope they don't get the doc.
i investigate myself. i come up innocent. kind of wastes a night, but whatever.
rest of the game, hoping doc won't die.

more complicated thing:
we lynch DWS today, he turns up innocent.
mafia find out i'm insane. they kill someone innocent.
i investigate myself. i come up guilty. waste of a night.
next day, i say i am guilty. people don't know to believe me or not? since DWS claimed and came up innocent and i am saying i'm guilty now, people will think it's convenient that i got nothing new.
day 3- i either get lynched or be able to cop one more night.

so basically, investigating myself will just make one night useless. yeah, i think that's what all of you are saying. =x =x =x =x
Nowhere do you mention being paranoid, which is getting a guilty result regardless of who you investigate. I'd mention naïve, but that's impossible given your reported investigation.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

Strangercoug wrote:Nowhere do you mention being paranoid, which is getting a guilty result regardless of who you investigate. I'd mention naïve, but that's impossible given your reported investigation.
... CRAP. i didn't know they had that here.

unvote: DWS

i don't really know. strangercoug, why are you FoS me for not voting and yet saying that i should be worrying about my sanity?
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Battousai wrote:What are you talking about? Investigating yourself is only a wasted night IF we lynch DWS today. If we lynch someone else and tomorrow you tell us your result.

If you get guilty, your insane. If you get innocent, we lynch DWS and that will prove your alignment. So if we lynch DWS today it will prove your sanity, but not your alignment. If we wait until tomorrow, then that will prove your alignment and sanity.
How many other people do we have that we could lynch? If DWS is lynched and shows up as town, then Max should investigate himself. If DWS shows up as Mafia, Max can investigate someone else. If he gets guilty on them too then maybe it's worth debating before they are lynched.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by geraintm »

if dark comes up innocent, then the choice then is do we lynch max who is either an unhelpful cop or scum, of course depending on if there is a night kill.
games with 2 cops suck by the way :-(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”