ManateeDude
Hoctac (1):
gobbledygook
NDMath (1):
farside22
farside22 (1):
bob3141

not voting (0):

with 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. day 1 ends may 31st at 12:55 central US time; in (expired on 2020-05-31 12:55:00)

mod notes
  • m

In post 126, word321 wrote:
Schadd, is it possible for post restrictions on a normal?
no
Last edited by schadd_ on Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 262, farside22 wrote:
In post 255, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 249, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 246, gobbledygook wrote:I think Word is probably town.
You’re not saying why.
We're masons.
Do I really need a reason why? Are you scumreading him?
:neutral: :neutral:
He wasn't really in danger to warrant this.
This sounds off like a scumtell. Farside immediately reacts to Gobledygook's sketchy "mason claim" with a naive comment like she fully believes him to have mason claimed and outed his partner early day 1, when neither of Gobble/Word321 were in any imminent danger of being lynched. Farside, instead of staying suspicious about the dubious claim, immediately assumed Gobble did this from a town viewpoint. Which is how a scum that already knows who the mafia/town are would react in that situation.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Hoctac »

silly. that comment from farside is entirely NAI. there's no motivation for scum!farside to fake taking a joke mason claim genuinely
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Hoctac »

oh, norwee has a better point maybe.

manatee, who's scum?
not yet sentient
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 277, Hoctac wrote:there's no motivation for scum!farside to fake taking a joke mason claim genuinely
How do you know she was "faking" the act of taking the mason claim seriously?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Farside22
Still suspicious about Word321 and Hoptac. But this is spicy.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Mafia often assumes town is being honest to a fault. Which is how they trip up sometimes.

- Bunno
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 am

Post by word321 »

In post 240, farside22 wrote:Just a few more questions word.
Why was madona's vote the one that set you off? Have you ever seen a wagon just form with little reason's before in any of your games?
I'm going to touch a little about what I caught that bugged me.

In post 172, word321 wrote:

In post 162, midwaybear wrote:
yeah sure
however, I am a bit cautious. I don't really see anything too out of the blue with word's current posts compared to his standard town meta

This is both "gratuitous" and was umprompted; theres no reason to do this as scum, and constitutes my first somewhat serious tl.

It's not something I have seen you really say in your other games. It does read very forced as far as commentary goes.
About Madona:
There was a little misunderstanding on my part, it seems; the first time Ive read his comment on , I read it as "
Lamest thing ive seen so far (in my life, as in an hyperbole)
", but upon rereading it I see he meant "
Lamest thing Ive seen so far (as in up to the current state of the game)
". The first had a more alarmist nature; regardless of the above, I found particularly weak and forced on either case, as I was only confirming an info. What would I supposedly achieve with that? Specially if said info resulted in being false, wich he seems to have known beforehand.
And as for why that and not something else, it was scummy by its own right and was palpable, and felt particularly out at the time.

Regarding other similar wagons:
2 early wagons pop up in my mind. The first was the wagon on Mochi on 1999, a L-1 wagon on a 1-commentary player in a game with a rate of development of 1post/6hours; it easily crumbled afterwards and lead to the first real developments of the game.
The second was the wagon on me/clidd on 1997. This was heavily aided by outside influences of the game, as I had been force-replaced. It was almost entirely a tvt, and devolved in a fullblown stampede deadtunel wich would later shown to be on a jailor, and would monopolize the state of the game afterwards, even after D1. In this case, I havent practically participated in this, mind u; the full extent of it was on Clidd, my replacement of the game. I bet Votato still has PTSD on this, as he was one of the main proponents of the wagon.
The above was one of the main reasons for the wall post, specifically target to norwee (albeit to everyone else too, of course), cause I felt his tone similar to players there. But it seems he is right when he says Im just wasting my time on him.

Regarding midwaybear:
He had access to priviledged info; he knew without metadiving what had happened on 1997. He shared it when he could have withholded the info. Not only that; he was scum on 1997, and he was kind of complacent and somewhat distant on the whole wagon on clidd, so there is a starking contrast there (albeit I was just superficially following the game since my replacement). This by itself aint enough, again, to be conftown, but as far as a townlean goes, it is certainly one, to be remarked among other players.

PD: So many things happened while writing this
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:19 am

Post by word321 »

In post 278, Hoctac wrote:oh
TRECKO MY BOY WHAT HAVE U DONE!
How can I call u trecko now?
Turtwig still best initial pokemon too.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 am

Post by word321 »

In post 257, midwaybear wrote:this is contradictory
He was addressing my inquiry on my wallpost, thats why it begins with "word, "
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Hoctac »

<3

i don't mind being called treecko for this game
not yet sentient
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 261, midwaybear wrote:ok fine
besides you, I agree with hoctac. Don't really like why Albert is fine with letting others decide his vote
I see youre very quick to drop opinions. Noted
In post 264, Aloratom wrote:
In post 243, bob3141 wrote:
In post 200, Aloratom wrote:But really.

VOTE: word

What is your reason for scum reading word?
Hi bob!

Spoiler:

It's not so much a scum read as a vote for all that is good in the world.
This reads as deflectiony and I still think you should flesh out your reasoning more.
In post 266, Aloratom wrote:
In post 260, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 259, midwaybear wrote:I feel like manatee's explanation doesn't make sense which is why my vote is still o him
I dont see the scum intention behind my post either way?
Because you're wearing shades. In the damn water.
Im confused abt what this means
In post 278, Hoctac wrote:oh, norwee has a better point maybe.

manatee, who's scum?
Like I stated before I don't like how quick midway was to drop their opinion on me but I'm not sure how to read into it. Otherwise im kind of stuck but im gonna look into the word wagon and its reasoning though I do think that large wall of his was definetly very towny
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 271, bob3141 wrote:So what woudl you ahve done then farside in teh two situations

one where gooble inst fake claiming

two where gooble is genuine
?

Also why did you want to dig as to what teh claim was. Did you think it could be scum fake claiming mason. And if so why do did you think that farside?
Town fake claim more often then scum.
Is there are reason you keep posting with incorrect spelling?
In post 276, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
You’re not saying why.
We're masons.
This sounds off like a scumtell. Farside immediately reacts to Gobledygook's sketchy "mason claim" with a naive comment like she fully believes him to have mason claimed and outed his partner early day 1, when neither of Gobble/Word321 were in any imminent danger of being lynched. Farside, instead of staying suspicious about the dubious claim, immediately assumed Gobble did this from a town viewpoint. Which is how a scum that already knows who the mafia/town are would react in that situation.
That was why I put a neutral face and said I half thought the claim was fake. Am I having to repeat myself. Again it is the player associated with the claim that gives me pause. You can talk around that and hypothesis to your hearts delight but I already explain why I felt it was more truthful then not.
If you want to tell me why you think I'm lying about my reason and give examples of how I typically take claims from player then we could debate this further.
It is by the way NAI for me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:35 am

Post by ManateeDude »

Anyways im going to do my homework but I'll be happy to talk when im back
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:46 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 271, bob3141 wrote:So what woudl you ahve done then farside in teh two situations

?

Also why did you want to dig as to what teh claim was. Did you think it could be scum fake claiming mason. And if so why do did you think that farside?
I'm just holding onto this because the more I read this the less sense it makes. It reads like a trap question where no response is a good response.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 287, farside22 wrote:Again it is the player associated with the claim that gives me pause.
Thoughts on this @Gobledygook?
Does this sound legitimate coming from Farside? (I don't really know the player)

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I almost know none of the players here very well to be fair. That's actually one of the big reasons i joined this game. Because i wanted to see how i would fare in a game with few familiar faces.
So don't expect meta arguments from me. I'm going by-this-game-basis only.

- Bunno
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 286, ManateeDude wrote:I see youre very quick to drop opinions. Noted
not really because I hard tunnel sometimes
just gave you the benefit of the doubt.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:58 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 290, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 287, farside22 wrote:Again it is the player associated with the claim that gives me pause.
Thoughts on this @Gobledygook?
Does this sound legitimate coming from Farside? (I don't really know the player)
In post 291, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I almost know none of the players here very well to be fair. That's actually one of the big reasons i joined this game. Because i wanted to see how i would fare in a game with few familiar faces.
So don't expect meta arguments from me. I'm going by-this-game-basis only.
Gobble seems to be changing playstyles every time I've played with him. It's not easy to get a read on him because of it. Unfortunately I have only one game (doubles mafia) where he was mason I could give, the rest I can't discuss. He played more in that game with tricking mafia with asking players or accuse players of being possible mason with another player that flipped, but he was the mason.
Word didn't say anything about the claim, which I found interesting.

I'll try to lay off meta arguments the best I can. Not really good at it because some reads come from knowing a player.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:58 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 287, farside22 wrote:

?

You’re not saying why.
We're masons.
That was why I put a neutral face and said I half thought the claim was fake. Am I having to repeat myself. Again it is the player associated with the claim that gives me pause. You can talk around that and hypothesis to your hearts delight but I already explain why I felt it was more truthful then not.
If you want to tell me why you think I'm lying about my reason and give examples of how I typically take claims from player then we could debate this further.

farside you didnt answer my question.

And if you thought gooble was fake claiming why did you want to expose it. If as you say town fake claim more than scum. What do you feel was your town motivation in trying to expose gooble as a faking claiming if you thought he was more likely to be town.

what is your read on gooble?

There called typos. Not incorrect spelling.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:00 am

Post by word321 »

In post 246, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 231, Hoctac wrote:actually after checking some meta the word wagon is fine
I don’t like this

VOTE: Hoctac
Why dnt u like this? Whats ur take on Trecko?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 289, farside22 wrote:

?

I'm just holding onto this because the more I read this the less sense it makes. It reads like a trap question where no response is a good response.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:04 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 295, word321 wrote:
In post 246, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 231, Hoctac wrote:actually after checking some meta the word wagon is fine
I don’t like this

VOTE: Hoctac
Why dnt u like this? Whats ur take on Trecko?
His meta defense made no sense. He said that he found you to be natural in your past games, but then said that you were less natural in this game. First of all, most people found you to be more formal in your posting style not natural. Second, if you are playing different from your meta, how can he like your defense?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:05 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 294, bob3141 wrote:
In post 287, farside22 wrote:

?

You’re not saying why.
We're masons.

farside you didnt answer my question.

And if you thought gooble was fake claiming why did you want to expose it. If as you say town fake claim more than scum. What do you feel was your town motivation in trying to expose gooble as a faking claiming if you thought he was more likely to be town.

what is your read on gooble?

There called typos. Not incorrect spelling.
A very endless of bad questions.

I don't respond I'm scum. I do respond I'm scum. Why respond at all that makes you scum. That is how all your questions are reading to me.
How can anyone get a read off a player with 2 post and say yes that is town! would be lying. If I say null then I have to explain once again what I say I typically see from mafia and how players behave.
One trap question after another from you. All why ignoring a large part of the game.
Are you a tunnel type?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 294, bob3141 wrote:And if you thought gooble was fake claiming why did you want to expose it. If as you say town fake claim more than scum. What do you feel was your town motivation in trying to expose gooble as a faking claiming if you thought he was more likely to be town.
My problem with Farside's comment is that i can either perceive it as Farside trying to score town points by chastising Gobledygook for presumedly mason claiming early.
Or they legitimately believed Gobledygook and was taken back by the early claim. Ignoring the fact that all logic points to the claim being very fake.

Neither of which look very good or coming from town motivation.

The only remaining explanation is that they believe Gobbledygook to always be honest for meta related reasons. (Something Gobble would need to confirm for me.) That might be the answer i'd like the best but i'm not sure i'm buying it yet.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”