Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I thought you were going to be trapped, too, Ircher

You know scum has mod-given fakeclaims, right? Also the majority of that hood is cop claims
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Ircher »

multiple cop claims isn't too weird in role madness setups especially when the hood's theme is police.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Bingle - Internal Hood Cop
Dave - Godfather Cop
Hectic (dead) - Cop
Vault - I think he said investigative but i forget

Eddie - ??

PK - Trap Immunity
Farside (dead) - 2-shot Vigilante
Drixx (dead) - Determined

Well you agree with me on Dave being scum, and he claimed cop. Why is Bingle different?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Ircher »

timing of claim and haven't really liked davesaz's posts.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3239, pisskop wrote:TSE was sure BM and Eddie and ircher were scum
why did TSE say Eddie was scum btw?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3278, Ircher wrote:timing of claim and haven't really liked davesaz's posts.
iDany claimed it under pressure, said "I wouldn't fakeclaim cop as scum", and then replaced out. I'm not particularly impressed with the claim. Plus iDany's slot was super scummy and Bingle hasn't really changed that for me.

He had this whole "Yeah you guys should lynch me. It's fine. It'll be best for giving town info." kinda thing yesterday. Didn't help calm my suspicions really

I agree on kinda not liking dave's posts though. He didn't create a lot of content, I don't really know how he's reading the game, he joined the Hectic wagon and the Drixx wagon without question
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm vla-ish for a few days, please don't quick lynch before I get to sort
In post 3222, SirCakez wrote:Due to the Choice made in a Game by Battle Mage last night, Jigsaw's Acolytes have gained a 2-shot factional night kill!
Lol
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Well I'm not gonna spend lots of time re-reading, given where we are (with 4 scum and 6 to lynch, I'll probably be dead by morning)! But I'm comfortable with an ABR or Pisskop lynch today. The others are a bit less certain, although my best guess would be:

ABR-Pisskop-MT-Bingle - I think that's not too far off, although some would argue it's too obvious given how they've interacted with each other. Some brief notes below:

FBI Hood (1 town dead):
Morning Tweet
Firebringer Blake Belladonna

Cop Hood (3 town dead):
Ircher Gamma Emerald
VaultDweller*
Bingle iDanyboy (best candidate for Detective Mark Hoffman - scum)
Eddie Cane GeorgeBailey
davesaz

Survivor Hood (1 scum, 1 town dead):
Battle Mage
Albert B. Rampage (Amanda Young - scum)

No Hood (3+ town dead):
BBmolla
pisskop (Dr Lawrence Gordon - scum)

Jigsaw - could be anyone apart from me and VD (most likely MT, then BBMolla, although BBMolla has a good credible claim). Big tell for MT being scum throughout is deliberately lying about the provable elements of the game, like scum fakeclaims and flavour - she obviously understands the flavour and has mislead town on it to undermine me, which suggests she must be scum with ABR.

I'm broadly happy with how I've played this game. I've been right on most of my reads, pushed strongly and with conviction, but also been versatile to try and make things happen. I'm the only player who has got close to leading a lynch on scum all game. But the biggest weakness, as is often the case, is failing to persuade people to follow my cases. I did ok early in the game, but then got de-railed on Day 3, either because scum were worried about my influence or because my solve was too close to the bone. My decision for the first trap was not too hard - on Night 1, I was essentially confirmed townie, and able to actively influence the game, so it felt more beneficial to town to continue on. Last night, I didn't put too much thought into it - in retrospect it was probably the wrong call, given I might get lynched today although definitely wasn't expecting that possibility. My gut was that, in the context of a game in which scum have seemingly limitless kills/traps, the risk of scum getting 2 extra NKs in future was worth a gamble to give town a chance of lynching scum and winning the game against all the odds. Either way, not likely to be a game-changer, given that scum have been dominating the game anyway. It's pretty tough for town anyway, if you have to get 5 lynches correct, and can't afford 3 mislynches.

The key weakness of town this game has been forgetting that it's a large theme game - the flavour is important! How important, we'll find out soon enough, but there hasn't been enough effort put into trying to solve the mechanics and flavour which is clearly what the Mod was hoping and expecting town would do. Appreciate it can be hard if you're not familiar with it, but I wasn't at the start of the game, and I did some research to allow me to get a grip of it. In terms of strategy today, town clearly shouldn't be letting scum set the agenda for the day with their night actions - if you let the traps determine the lynches, you forfeit the game to scum unfortunately. The idea that I would bus my partner on Day 1, without any instigation, presumably in order to get towncred, and then put myself in traps which lead to bad things happening for town, doesn't make any sense - why erode my towncred in that way, when presumably I would have other partners who could do the same job. The idea of me being lynched today is nonsensical in the context of the game, and some scrutiny should be put on the players who have been here throughout who should know better. Those who've replaced in and not read the game, have some excuse. It's a shame town didn't follow me yesterday, as we could have won this game with time to spare, or at least been competitive. But as it turned out with the Drixx lynch, I think it was always bound to be a real long-shot.

My closing thoughts would be: big credit to the Mod for the game - it's been really enjoyable and well-modded! So thank you! :D
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm definitely not certain on Bingle, especially as his claim is pretty good. But he does wear the burden of his predecessor's scumminess.

That's all from me for now - I'll back a Pisskop or ABR lynch today, no sense in lynching outside of that duo.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Ircher »

Have to admit 3282 seems like a frustrated townie's last thoughts before being mislynched kind of post.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

If BM is town, then scum putting BM in a trap that requires you to sacrifice yourself or face the consequences is a really smart move.

He's obviously not gonna do it cause he thinks he's god, scum gets free bonuses, and then you get a super easy mislynches on BM cause the choice is insane coming from a town mindset

That's the only reason I'm not voting you BM. I can still see the possibility you're actually arrogant enough to think the town would lose without you, so it's worth killing several other people

It is possible that you've just been playing that character for the explicit purpose of being able to trigger negative scumtraps and hide behind "What? You expect me to kill myself? I'm carrying town". I dont know
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3285, Morning Tweet wrote:If BM is town, then scum putting BM in a trap that requires you to sacrifice yourself or face the consequences is a really smart move.

He's obviously not gonna do it cause he thinks he's god, scum gets free bonuses, and then you get a super easy mislynches on BM cause the choice is insane coming from a town mindset

That's the only reason I'm not voting you BM. I can still see the possibility you're actually arrogant enough to think the town would lose without you, so it's worth killing several other people

It is possible that you've just been playing that character for the explicit purpose of being able to trigger negative scumtraps and hide behind "What? You expect me to kill myself? I'm carrying town". I dont know
pretty sure scum!bm thinks he can get away with giving his team an extra kill too. So the arrogance goes both ways.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I agree that BM's stubbornness is his downfall. If we lynched BM day 1 we would have been better off by far than lynching momo.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3282, Battle Mage wrote:. My decision for the first trap was not too hard - on Night 1, I was essentially confirmed townie, and able to actively influence the game, so it felt more beneficial to town to continue on.
Can you explain this further Battle Mage?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Ircher »

To be more precise, what do you mean by "essentially confirmed town?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3285, Morning Tweet wrote:If BM is town, then scum putting BM in a trap that requires you to sacrifice yourself or face the consequences is a really smart move.

The night 1 decision was objectively right I think. The night 3 decision - probably not in retrospect, but at the time I was pretty frustrated at how badly the previous day got fucked up after all the effort I put in. :giggle:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Ircher »

Also someone remind me what Battle Mage's claim is.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I'd rather lynch town!BM and be wrong than choose to not lynch scum!BM.

If BM is town and i lynch him, then I'm giving the game to the scumteam who didn't spend the whole game calling me trash and generally were probably a lot nicer than BM was. BM deserves this lynch so much that it almost just makes me not care if he does flip town. Like he just got completely outplayed by the scumteam with that trap if so and deserves this mislynch

But that's not rational thinking. Truthfully it does kind of feel like in order to have a better chance at winning the game, I'd want to lynch dave instead. But that lets BM get away with this as either alignment, which is too annoying of a thought for me to want to do it

Pedit: BM thinks driving a scum lynch makes him confirmed town. He thinks he is equivalent to an IC.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3292, Morning Tweet wrote:BM thinks driving a scum lynch makes him confirmed town. He thinks he is equivalent to an IC.
thats def not true too btw.

Last game i saw him fake claim a cop guilty on an ally to lynch him.
Show

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3289, Ircher wrote:To be more precise, what do you mean by "essentially confirmed town?
at the time I'd just single-handedly led a scum lynch from nothing, within my own hood (at a time when the unanimous view was that there was only 1 scum in our hood). So I was essentially conf-town, in that nobody in their right mind would be lynching me (as everyone else would have told you at the time...). But I had the added benefit of being able to actually influence things, whereas a hidden IC couldn't do that (and in a game full of cops and stuff, an IC isn't that powerful anyway...)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Have BM go in a self-incriminating trap
Pisskop!scum says that GL and TSE both advocated for BM's lynch.
Leave Morning alive, she's going to be upset with BM
Leave Ircher alive, he hard scumreads BM

It's a really simple and quick mislynch plan and then you win the game. I kinda thought that Ircher and myself were good candidates for the trap, not GuiltyLion/TSE/pisskop
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Why would scum even put pisskop in a trap? Ircher seemed really obvious town yesterday. I had a lot of townreads on me too

GuiltyLion has night immunity! That was a risk. TSE confirms Vault as town when you kill him. The night choices are sort of weird. Unsure I'd let them change my mind yet though
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 3293, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3292, Morning Tweet wrote:BM thinks driving a scum lynch makes him confirmed town. He thinks he is equivalent to an IC.
thats def not true too btw.

Last game i saw him fake claim a cop guilty on an ally to lynch him.
I think we can all be proud of ourselves with a BM lynch whether he's scum or not lol. Policy lynch it with fire.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

yeah idgi that pisskop and GL were in a trap.
Show

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3295, Morning Tweet wrote:Have BM go in a self-incriminating trap
Pisskop!scum says that GL and TSE both advocated for BM's lynch.
Leave Morning alive, she's going to be upset with BM
Leave Ircher alive, he hard scumreads BM

It's a really simple and quick mislynch plan and then you win the game. I kinda thought that Ircher and myself were good candidates for the trap, not GuiltyLion/TSE/pisskop
this is probably pretty close to the mark. Incidentally the timing of when I've been trapped, also implicates ABR-scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”