midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 261, midwaybear wrote:ok fine
besides you, I agree with hoctac. Don't really like why Albert is fine with letting others decide his vote
this is me letting him off thehook
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 440, Hoctac wrote:
In post 209, ManateeDude wrote:regrettably as in like too bad for you trying to guess my alignment but I understand why you interpreted it that way
In post 340, ManateeDude wrote:I understand why you read it the way you did but you're definitely overrthinking my intention here. The earlygame questions were met with joking responses and when you asked a serious question I responded accordingly
In post 436, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 432, Hoctac wrote:
In post 417, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 416, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 381, Hoctac wrote:manatee reads as kind of genuine explaining stuff? so i think if he is scum he feels he's been caught for wrong reasons and the contradiction is probably NAI
This feels off.
I'm tempted to agree but that just might be my bias
hwo does yure bias make it feel of?
Well your original push on me makes me more likely to be distrusting of yoy
yeah? you seemed v understanding in those 1st two - what changed?
Just a part of my meta im self aware of. Despite responding cordially to your push I still am aware of my own bias against people pushing me
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 447, farside22 wrote:
In post 438, Nahdia wrote:actually i like this better

{Norway, Hoctac}
=GAP=
{farside22}
{ManateeDude, Aloratom, ABR}
{goobledygook, NDMath}
{Madonna}
{votato, stan1ey}
{bob3131, midwaybear}
{popopopopopopo, word321}
Why is popopo and mid low on your list?
uhh popopo i remember scumreading for a bit now. literally just hoping on every wagon without any input for the first good portion of the game. idk, looking at it again i might hate it less. felt like their case on mandonna was a stretch. dont see at all how is alignment indicative at all. seemed transparent to me that madonna wanted someone pressured hard, not a bunch of haphazard wagons that quickly rise and fall. i agree with that approach.

midwaybear feels performative in how theyre reacting to events around them. and is making very little reads for themselves, just judgy shade throwing.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

would manatee dare to just boldfaced say "im an omguser" as scum lol
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 453, Nahdia wrote:would manatee dare to just boldfaced say "im an omguser" as scum lol
I didnt say that :shifty: im just aware of my biases, not that I think hoctac is scum
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, I think manatee is fine.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 455, midwaybear wrote:Yeah, I think manatee is fine.
do u have any reads you'd like to share with the class?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

ideally besides "i agree with x person on y read"

-Zaphkael, 2020
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I think manatee shouldn't be pushed from his explanations. I still do not see his logic, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't really have much on the others, but I like stan1ey too because he is pushing people and trying to find contradictions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 452, Nahdia wrote:

{Norway, Hoctac}
=GAP=
{farside22}
{goobledygook, NDMath}
{Madonna}
{votato, stan1ey}
{bob3131, midwaybear}
uhh popopo i remember scumreading for a bit now. literally just hoping on every wagon without any input for the first good portion of the game. idk, looking at it again i might hate it less. felt like their case on mandonna was a stretch. dont see at all how is alignment indicative at all. seemed transparent to me that madonna wanted someone pressured hard, not a bunch of haphazard wagons that quickly rise and fall. i agree with that approach.

midwaybear feels performative in how theyre reacting to events around them. and is making very little reads for themselves, just judgy shade throwing.
Popopopo actually put together a case where as you had a few people follow. I'm not sure how you get there read is a stretch but everyone else following it is fine.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 459, farside22 wrote:
In post 452, Nahdia wrote:

{Norway, Hoctac}
=GAP=
{farside22}
{goobledygook, NDMath}
{Madonna}
{votato, stan1ey}
{bob3131, midwaybear}

Popopopo actually put together a case where as you had a few people follow. I'm not sure how you get there read is a stretch but everyone else following it is fine.
Also Abr and aloratom are higher and both has hoped on a few wagons and didn't do input why are they higher on your list?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 459, farside22 wrote:Popopopo actually put together a case where as you had a few people follow. I'm not sure how you get there read is a stretch but everyone else following it is fine.
i'm not saying it's faulty logic. i see the flow, not that i agree with it. but describing comes off as wildly disingenuous to me.
farside22 wrote:Also Abr and aloratom are higher and both has hoped on a few wagons and didn't do input why are they higher on your list?
uhhh aloratom has kept his vote on word? and his posts are good. looking again i could actually move them up a bit.
i dont
abr's passivity but i dont see it as scum.

maybe it's wishful thinking. maybe ive been pocketed by the implication that im someone worth sheeping lmao . i want abr to actually get invested in this game. it's a good game, actually. non-spammy table, decent amount of scumhunting and diversity of style going on, blah blah.

jump in the pool albert the water is fine.

speaking of which i missed him asking about my hoctac read:

hoctac's progression on manatee was good. the angle they had in wasnt what i expected and i liked it. felt like town actually thinking things through rather than scum just finding a decent reason to park their vote. also liked . and then they has a similar read to me in

-Zaphkael, 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by votato »

as ABR's chosen spokesperson (it was discussed in the scum PT that I would speak for ABR), this game is not worth jumping into yet because theres nothing to jump on. there hasnt been a halfway decent wagon yet. ABR might disagree about the word wagon, but the rest of us can see that its shit.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 462, votato wrote:as ABR's chosen spokesperson (it was discussed in the scum PT that I would speak for ABR), this game is not worth jumping into yet because theres nothing to jump on. there hasnt been a halfway decent wagon yet. ABR might disagree about the word wagon, but the rest of us can see that its shit.
Pardon :neutral:
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 462, votato wrote:as ABR's chosen spokesperson (it was discussed in the scum PT that I would speak for ABR), this game is not worth jumping into yet because theres nothing to jump on. there hasnt been a halfway decent wagon yet. ABR might disagree about the word wagon, but the rest of us can see that its shit.
Hey in that scum thread, did you decide this with a scum ABR or just did it on behalf of a town ABR? There are a lot of jokes to shrug off in this game, so I am not sure which is what you are saying.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by votato »

In post 464, Madonna wrote:
Hey in that scum thread, did you decide this with a scum ABR or just did it on behalf of a town ABR? There are a lot of jokes to shrug off in this game, so I am not sure which is what you are saying.
yes
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 392, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 388, farside22 wrote:town game
town game
town game
town game
scum game
scum game

The only reason I looked into the games was his questions were a lot of questions that lined up to look like busy work (which is a scum tell in my book) and I wanted to see if that was a thing for him. As you look through his town games you see a player that is sorting through things and making comments in the game. Here just more questions and lot of not saying much about anything going on in the game to sort through. Also not an agro player to going agro looks pretty much fake in my book too.
It checks out... Alright i'll join your push here.
VOTE: bob3141

Also... that image. Are you flirting with me? :shifty:
So I know I am quoting NorwegianBoyEE here and not farside22, but this is more general everyone than aimed at the former two. There are a lot of meta pushes in this game. I have not posted or played here much, so I do not know the meta about meta but there are two/three issues to be aware of here:

1) bob3141 argues that the case built against him is from cherry-picked games, and I reasonably believe that if you have played enough games here, this can be done to anyone.
2) Players in this game seem very aware of their self meta, meaning they can either lean into it or twist it, which means we can argue over essentially corrupted data.
3) Those games are not this game, going outside of here to get usable arguments in here...is bad? Not carrying biases against a player from one game to the next is already hard enough.

I am not reading that bob3141 case, but I will ISO him and weigh in on that, otherwise he is currently null.
Make the right decision,
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 465, votato wrote:
In post 464, Madonna wrote:
yes
Like I know you are saying you have access to the scum PT, oh no you are scum lol what a joker, and you are speaking on the behalf of ABR, still funny ha ha, and then, lol I asked with or without his permission, because you did not outright say if ABR was actually involved with that discussion, because I just wanted your read--
you know, nevermind. It is just patter.
Make the right decision,
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Madonna »

You can have my bob3141 ISO notes in a spoiler!

[29, rvs gobble] nothing
[135, is hoctac an alt?] who cares
[138, typo gimmick] who caaares
[152, suggests that someone? vote word after quoting word in theory bc typos] a joke push or maybe a bad push, what was the vote count at this point?
[153-155, joke typos] ehhhh
[241, votato is that a serious manatee vote?] sounds like a legit question, a hunt
[242, suspecting? votato about suspecting? alora] could be a hunt, as aside i recall alora unvoting and then revoting word as a probable joke (so many jokers here)
[243, asking alora about the above aside] well, bob is not tunneling votato, that is good
[271, asks farside about pursuing goobble claim] who is pr hunting, farside or bob
[272, bob votes farside] bob says farside
[294, sets the hounds on farside] was not on his side at first, but yeah, i agree that maybe too much focus was given a probable fakeclaim (soooo many jokers), the read ask was a good call
[370, asks gob on his vok? townread (who tf), asks about gob's changed vote] will have to find/read gob's case/cases? cannot recall a good one
[394, response to farside's meta case] ehhhhhh, dislike both sides of the case bc the defense does not appear to be much butttt the initial case is still out of game and thus bad from the get-go
[395-397, oh this is the defense] i mean, if you stand by meta, i think bob beats farside
[398-399, about farside asking about gob's mason claim] i think if you pursue the idea about gob confirming his (fake)claim, yeah, i agree w bob, what does town get, what is the town motivation here?
[400, same as above] should have lumped it w 398 and 399
[401-405, typos] things
[406, response to nbee, typo defense] bad meta joke? if serious defense, bad

Not seeing a case for bob3141 based on his own merits. The big thing in his posts is his case for farside22, which actually has me coming out of his ISO scumleaning on farside22, but that is from a read on a player from another player's POV. I did not get that farside22 read from reading the game as a whole, and in fact thought farside22 had some good points, so I will have to chew on this more.
Make the right decision,
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

UGH! Spoilered text.
A mobile users nightmare.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 433, Hoctac wrote:Norwee's a hater prob a town one tho
Are you trying to handwave suspicion away?
I don’t understand your reason for keeping your vote on Manateedude. is plain awful. Your argument is that Manatee should be lynched (changed to "quicklynched" one post later) because he joked about liking to play as scum? Really?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Correction* You have now changed your vote to Albert. But i still wasn’t a fan of your earlier push.

- Bunno
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Hoctac »

yea Norwee. thought i'd caught him lying cause scum might feel like they wanna give the "damn wish i'd rolled scum" impression
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Alber what's the PTSD you got with pagetoppers?
not yet sentient
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If it was an intentional strategy of his part, then i’m sure he’d keep up the impression. Not go: "Nah i really do hate scum jk" one post later. Thinking you "caught" him lying there is silly.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”