Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

i thought that'd be the page top for some reason

Alduskkel (3) - Melody, Cat Scratch Fever, Farkset
Melody (2) - JacksonVirgo, Alduskkel
alimdia (2) - DoctorPepper, DonCorleone
brassherald (1) - Dunnstral
Farkset (1) - Doctor Drew
DoctorPepper (1) - Datisi
Doctor Drew (1) - brassherald
skitter30 (1) - alimdia
Cat Scratch Fever (1) - skitter30

Deadline is in: (expired on 2020-05-23 08:00:00)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

iconeum is the 1 person not voting
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Huh, Ald really wants everyone to be sure that he is top wagon.

VOTE: Ald
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

bruh why
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 660, DonCorleone wrote:I think you've been kind of soft-protecting dunn/alim/aldus and you've been hedgy on melody. as in on the first two I think you've been calling them town but softly, as in if they did go through you'd be in a position to get some cred for not being on them but you're not committed to a hard TR on either so you could backtrack quite easily if you need to. and the same on melody, I just feel like your towered-to-gut-scumping could quite easily be you leaving room around them so you can change your position up however you want
i wouldn't really say i'm soft-protecting aldu
or alim either really (but not as much)
melody is more that i changed my mind than anything else
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 663, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Where do you get this impression though?
i don't know. he just reads as very sincere to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 665, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 656, skitter30 wrote:i'm pretty sure i know who csf's main is, and i don't think her current behavior is characterisitic of town!her,
Idk I don't really think I'm playing differently? This is kind of how I play, especially in a game that's kind of boring if we're being frank
idk this feels more like your scumgame than towngame to me tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 670, Farkset wrote:Skitter, if i would give you compulsive day 1 vigilate shot, who would you kill?
~ker
probably like csf or one of the 4000 lurkers
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

this gamestate is gross, like half the game isn't playing and i don't like the leading wagon
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Skitter, why aren't you scumreading Melody anymore?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

People don't like walls so I'm spacing out my catch-up.

Page 18: I don't agree with DP's reads but his posts sound townie. Like, I can see the town thought process coming through. Also kinda reminds me of town DP from Micro 935.

by Farkran feels town to me. The attention to detail makes me think they're invested in scumhunting.

Overall Farkran v DP feels TvT.
In post 510, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: melody
In post 511, Farkset wrote:VOTE: melody
Aww, what happened to these votes? These votes were good.
In post 533, Melody wrote:
In post 392, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 388, Melody wrote:What do you find so strange about this, Aldu? By "pending further evaluation" it means I saw something I disliked and questioned you about it. How else would you expect me to use my vote rather than to pressure slots I'm unsure about? Especially since I was voting Drew who I started changing my mind on.

~Dawn
I thought you'd wait for me to respond/post more so you could do the further evaluation and then decide whether or not to vote me.

Like, I'd expect town to either wait to vote me and/or after voting me not move the vote elsewhere so soon.
Talk about this more in particular, Aldu. I want to know why you're getting so hung up over that vote on you.

>We were voting for Drew, I started thinking he was town. Said I needed a new vote.
>I find something you did I disliked, question you on it.
>Someone agrees with me.
>I vote for you, using my vote as pressure.

What's so strange about this?

~Dawn
The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.
You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."
Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 673, Doctor Drew wrote:I really won't be super active before deadline but I read that Farken said something about lynchpools.

From early in the day, and a little I have skimmed since then I would not lynch Skitter or Melody.

I would lynch Ald, Fark, or Brass.

Alot if gut here.

I will go with wotc though, I certainly am in no state to lead a lynch.
What did you see in Fark?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by alimdia »

I'll post more later after work or during lunch break, but what I want to say is the Don asked jackson for his scum games when jackson was saying he picked a random number and other stuff.

I thought that meant Don was suspicious of Jackson, and took that as a TR on Don. However, Don has since been not analysing jackson's reply, so that read falls flat.

I didn't mention this before since I wanted to hear where Don was going with this, but it doesn't seem like he will be so...

Re:Don : Null in regards to his approach to jackson
Re: Jackson
In post 164, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 8, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Just a note: Please if you sign up for a game. Please PLEASE PLEASE Read the setup. How the game setup is is in the wiki Pick Your Power X/Y This should go without saying.
So who was the silly billy who didn’t understand how the setup worked

Speak now or forever lose your towncred
That may be me, I just brain farted. I've played it before
said played it before
In post 165, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 58, brassherald wrote:Man, you guys are so focused on picking numbers, I just closed my eyes and hit a button on my number pad. Confirmed second most effective method to pick a number.
In post 59, brassherald wrote:Everyone is all like "Think for optimization" and I'm just like "Thinking sucks!"
I just picked a random number O.O
Was I not supposed to? Oof
In post 167, JacksonVirgo wrote:Or is that because of the number I picked, oh god I am so in over my head
but in future posts he seems really confused about the setup while repeatedly mentioning the word pocket

including this post:
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 232, Melody wrote:As for the smaller ones: Jackson, i lean on their entrance being genuine, which would make them town since scum should understand how the setup works after going thru the draft phase. Plus they admitted having played the setup before and still getting it wrong. it seems less likely to be a lie to me.
This seems somewhat pockety since I am a newer player compared to majority of you I assume, especially in this setup but I would have been just as confused as either alignment so sure it seems genuine but how is that AI as me being Town?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by alimdia »

IN particular I'll read up on Aldu and his interactions w/ ppl
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Drew, can you talk about what from early game made you not want to lynch melody? Because if anything, your posts made me think you were scumreading them.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm

In post 685, Alduskkel wrote:The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.
You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."
Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
I’m still not seeing why this is scummy

Why couldn’t melody move their vote to pressure another scumread of theirs? Especially if the second wagon has more votes- her vote was more likely to create meaningful pressure as part of a larger wagon versus a lone pressure vote on you; right
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
In post 360, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 361, Datisi wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 368, Melody wrote:VOTE: Cat
I'm honestly shocked you don't have issues with this considering you were the one being wagoned.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

catch-up part 2
In post 541, Datisi wrote:isn't aldus talking about you removing the vote before he even posted, not about you voting for him in the first place?
In post 542, Melody wrote:No, I think he's talking about us voting him in the first place because of the "pending further evaluation" thing (other than the second half of the last line).

~Dawn
I have issues with both of these things.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:He said he was pushing scum!dunn as much as he could given dunn's low activity earlier, but several people put forth town leans on Dunn, which was something he could've engaged with. I don't feel like he was considering what other people were saying about Dunn wanting the PGO/Vig slot to claim being possibly town motivated as well. I also generally get the feeling that this is one of dunn's lhf games and an easy slot to push.
You have a point here, but in my defense I haven't played with Dunn before and at the time his activity level was high so I expected him to keep posting a lot, which is what I planned to engage with.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm also not feeling his reason for scumreading Melody. I feel like it's pretty normal to join a growing wagon and even a bit townie as stubbornly parking on a wagon by yourself won't generate any meaningful pressure.
What are you referring to when you say a "growing wagon"? Melody was the first vote on me.
I don't mind Melody unvoting Drew, but if their goal was to generate meaningful pressure then they totally failed at that.

Re: Fark's meta dive on me -- my level of engagement isn't alignment indicative. It's based on how much free time I have, how much AI content there is, and my general level of interest. If I seem disengaged this game it's because of focusing on classes and the lack of content from a large portion of the playerlist.

Also, 6 year old scum meta isn't very useful, but you didn't need me to tell you that.
In post 624, Datisi wrote:that's what she said
:wink:
In post 645, Farkset wrote:I don't feel like lynching melody anymore
What changed?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 684, Alduskkel wrote:Skitter, why aren't you scumreading Melody anymore?
i kinda am
Show
Hiatus once more.

Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Melody »

In post 685, Alduskkel wrote:The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
We explained that with the hydra dissonance thing, did you not see Evening's post? Do you still think that's a valid reason, given our explanation?
And the pending further evaluation thing means you're an unsure; I feel like you're putting too much weight on the vote for reasons I don't really get, plus the context makes sense as well since our current vote was on Drew who we started liking.

~Dawn
Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Melody »

In post 306, JacksonVirgo wrote:I still think Melody is trying to pocket
In post 308, JacksonVirgo wrote:I don't see how picking a random number is AI even with a discussion with mafia buddies. Is there like a specific way to abuse the Draft in a sense?
In post 311, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 309, Melody wrote:
In post 308, JacksonVirgo wrote:I don't see how picking a random number is AI even with a discussion with mafia buddies. Is there like a specific way to abuse the Draft in a sense?
Mafia won't pick random numbers. They're going to go for unique numbers that preferably don't overlap (obv because otherwise they'd place low by picking the same number), and they'll probably have some discussion as to what numbers are least commonly picked and low... etc

~Dawn
Oh gotcha
In post 350, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 349, Datisi wrote:@alimdia re , wasn't the "need to find another vote" saying they want to vote someone besides Drew?

@jackson, do you still think Melody is pocketing you even after they explained their thought process?

VOTE: clemency
Yeah I do
This is still scummy. Why, Jacko?

~Dawn
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm

In post 691, Alduskkel wrote:Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
In post 360, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 361, Datisi wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 368, Melody wrote:VOTE: Cat
I'm honestly shocked you don't have issues with this considering you were the one being wagoned.
I think skitter is scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

oh i'd love to hear more about that
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:15 pm

In post 691, Alduskkel wrote:Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
I remember melody scumreading me at that point in the game. Why is it one over the other
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:16 pm

In post 697, skitter30 wrote:oh i'd love to hear more about that