Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 798, skitter30 wrote:
In post 780, Doctor Drew wrote:And I believe it was Melody who brought it up, but explain the logic behind ScumDrew.
this line ^
actually reading it again it could be svt also, with him being the t

either way scum don't pick neighborizer in the third slot and he claimed too easily to be scum lying about with slot he tried for imo
I just want to make sure I am hearing you correctly, because I am certain I am very familiar with at least one of the Melody heads, you think they are manipulating me?

The thought did cross my mind a smidge.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

like wk'ing you more if you're town

why did you pick neighborizer?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

actually you answered that, sorry, nm
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Farkset »

Ok, i am here and caught up.

First and foremost,
Farkset didn't pick Neighborizer/Fruit Vendor

Secondly, i disagree that Neighborizer/FV is a bad pick for scum. It's one of the most provable roles (both abilities give hard-provable night actions) and one of the best NK-distancing roles, allowing scum to be justified for being alive later on and attracting townreads from neighborized/fruited people, while at the same time offering no utility for town in terms of investigation or protection so that you don't need to produce guilty/inno results day by day. It's a terrible pick as town 3rd in ranking, but i think it's an excellent pick as scum in that position if you don't want to risk removing cop/vig from town (because you have 2 people above).

@Drew, two questions for you:
1. Where did you crumb your role?
2. Who would you neighborize tonight and why?

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

a) if you're last scum you're mechanically screwed at that point of the game
b) i really can't imagine a universe where the top scum in the draft picks neighborizer of all things. if anything, they might pick it if there's at least one scum on top of them (in which case we'd have to get into talking about incredibly unlikely scum collective draft picks), but not if they have the highest role in the draft. (or i guess technically if farkset/drew are scum together i can see drew picking neighborizer also but i also think this is kinda unlikely)
c) don't say what you did and didn't pick right now :facepalm:
Show
Hiatus once more.

Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Farkset »

I disagree with all your points skitter and it is pointless to talk about them now

If you want to have a conversation about those topics, it's for a different time

Right now i want to know if drew is telling the truth or not because that claim is really, really bad

-F
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 804, skitter30 wrote:a) if you're last scum you're mechanically screwed at that point of the game
i mean this is a fact, whether or not you agree with my other points

scum isn't multitasking and you can't kill and do your night action on the same night

(and then my analysis would be that picking this first would therefore be super silly)

i think that drew is telling the truth
Show
Hiatus once more.

Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Melody »

Fark, town will pick neighbouriser as 3rd pick for fun reasons a lot of time, and because they just want to "guarantee" a PR and don't want to risk trying to pick the others. They'll be more inclined to value their own personal enjoyment, so it makes perfect sense as town. As scum, you have an obligation to your mates and you're more inclined to think about the bigger picture, so they'll almost never be picking it over the other good PRs. Drew is almost always town here.

Basically, not everyone has your competitive mindset as town :p

~Dawn
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Farkset »

Kill target and claim neighborized/FV on the dead

Would you lynch that? Yeah

Is it possible that it flips town? Yeah

Do you plan your game on being the last scum alive years before lylo? No

-F

Pedit: also disagree, i don't know or care that drew likes having a PT so much as to pick a useless role instead of attempting to have an active part of town winning. As scum, a neighborizer/FV is a good pick if you are 3rd in line, so your obligation to your partner is fulfilled.
Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Melody »

Spoiler: reads
Town Lean //
Doctor Drew
Iconeum
Dunnstral
DonCorleone
Alimdia

Town Incline //
Farkset
DoctorPepper (Dawn Meta)

Null, don’t lynch //
Skitts
Datisi
Cat Scratch

Null //
Brassherald
JacksonVirgo

Yikes //
Alduskkel

Spoiler: towny ppl
Iconeum has a really towny seeming ISO to me. I like the skitts push and not being sure why Dats/skitts get townreads. When he started, he mentioned a post by skitts he likes. Despite this, his first push is on skitts. It could be said that he’s fabricating paranoia on skitts to have something to push other than the main wagons, but I think this is less likely. 609 and 729 seem to suggest he’s actually trying to read her.

I like how he puts Cat as his main townread

It’s interesting to me that Ico has gotten town vibes from Aldus and is now concerned with his voters. He refers to this conflicting with his earlier reads, although I’m not really sure which one. Skitts thinks Aldus is town, and he’s pushing skitts I guess? It’s not really a conflict but he seems to think it is one, which is vaguely town-sounding that he goes with his heart on this.

-

Dunnstral -- Previous points with the whole trying to get 1-shot vig to claim thing. Does a lot of draft number theorizing, randomly thinks 11 and 19 are scummy numbers. Glad he leaves Don’s claim alone, brass vote is decent.

Aldus also finds (found?) Dunn scummy which gives me some indirect reason to like Dunny

He says the Alimdia wagon composition {DoctorPepper, DonCorleone} is sus. I agree on the grounds that Alimdia isn’t a good lynch choice, although I do not find Don/Pepper suspicious at the moment

-

DonCorleone I highly doubt would gambit the cop claim as a low seed as scum.

I generally like his contributions. I see he pushed alimdia, but my initial impressions on alimdia were scum until I reevaluated that. I can forgive an alimdia pushes at the time Don made it

-

Alimdia, I think the early push on skitts in hindsight was town-motivated. I am starting to feel pretty strongly that his logic is something that he believes in. Check his first post. I don’t really see why it implicates skitts as scum. But it reads to me that he does think it implicates skitts as scum.

He goes on to further explain his thought process in 294. So he wasn’t BSing it either.

763 he asks if anyone thinks Jackson is scummy. Indirectly makes me feel good about Alimdia

765 again sounds towny to me. I think he might not have included the last line as scum.

Spoiler: Aldus
I don’t like the opening push on Dunn. It’s very easy for scum to attack what Dunn did, although it doesn’t necessarily mean Aldus is scum, i didnt like that. Yeah he does say its a legitimate call-out, and it is, but I take issue with the part where Aldus concludes Dunn is scum from it

Don’t get his obsession with my vote on Cat mishap. I’m not convinced his push on us is genuine yet. He makes a large deal out of how we dissolved all pressure on Drew/Aldus when we swapped votes. But is there really that much pressure to begin with? I think when I joined the mini flash wagon on Cat, that at least sort of had pressure. I don’t see how he perceives that swap as scum-motivated. I could’ve not elected to join the growing Cat wagon, and that’d be town-indicative? Why?

710 he says he doesn’t buy “hydra dissonance”. We seem coordinated now, so why weren’t we coordinated then. Cause i haven’t hydra’d before and I didn’t have a good grasp on the game at the time. He then goes on to explain how I voted Cat essentially over not too much. On like, page 10. I saw something of Cat that i didn’t like a bit, I saw people i liked voting Cat, I joined. Why am I scum for joining a wagon that I think weakly was on scum and felt weakly was made of town?

Also, check the bottom paragraph of 710. It’s his reasoning for our singular vote on him being some kind of pressure that needs to be maintained:

Aldus: “So if the growing wagon = your wagon, then you're suggesting the alternative was Melody parking their vote on me "by themselves" (actually Farkset was voting me as well). But how do they know whether or not the pressure is meaningful if they didn't even wait for me to post?”

We didn’t keep our vote on long enough to know if the pressure is meaningful or not. What? Now it just sounds like he’s making stuff up. Does he actually believe this reasoning?

This is my read-thru trying to find the towniest individuals for the most part. Dawn and I are in agreement. Although I'm not personally familiar with the town!Pepper meta read

~Evening
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Melody hit the nail on the head. Neighborizer is probably my favorite townie role, plus I am usually not very good with doctor/cop/vig.

This is a game, I want to have fun so I wanted to make sure that, in a game were we can pick our role, I pick the one I can have the most fun with and an added benefit that I stay away from roles I am not so good out.
In post 156, Doctor Drew wrote:Also I figured Melody wasn't Hectic, Hectic wouldn't vote me here. If you are here though give me a sign, we both know I am cult recruiter and totally would recruit you tonight haha.
If Hectic is in the game he would appreciate the reference since he knows how often I have been cult recruiter, and the neighborizer 'recruits' at night as well.

No way I am saying who I am neighboring, and haven't really decided tbh.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Farkset »

What would you have picked if 3rd in line as scum?

-F
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Honestly, would have considered neighborizer. But probably would have went with 1 shot vig or role cop.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Farkset »

Ehhh

The claim is still bad in my opinion

I don't think skitter and melody would either TMI drew town or hardwk their partner here

I still want to lynch drew but if i had him mod-confirmed town in this instant, i would switch to iconeum

-F
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 813, Farkset wrote:I still want to lynch drew but if i had him mod-confirmed town in this instant,
i would switch to iconeum
... where do you even get these things from ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 809, Melody wrote:Skitts thinks Aldus is town, and he’s pushing skitts I guess? It’s not really a conflict but he seems to think it is one, which is vaguely town-sounding that he goes with his heart on this.
i mean he dropped it once he actually looked at aldu's posting and realized it did not warrant the wagon currently on him ...

what happened to the townlean on me?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Melody »

Farkset wrote:Ehhh

The claim is still bad in my opinion

I don't think skitter and melody would either TMI drew town or hardwk their partner here

I still want to lynch drew but if i had him mod-confirmed town in this instant, i would switch to iconeum

-F
I am inclined to believe you're town Fark, but i disagree with basically everything u just said there. I can kinda see why you suspect Drew's claim, but i am coming to the opposite conclusion about him with regards to it. I think it is very much unlikely that scum picks neighbourizer.
skitter30 wrote:what happened to the townlean on me?
Skitts I feel like you're towny, but i cannot really place a lot of certainty on it because I feel like I'd townread you even if you're scum. so I focused more on people I think i might stand a better chance of reading correctly when i was making my list.

I agree with your recent evaluation of Drew's claim though. I am glad you came around to seeing him as town, although you came to that conclusion after Drew became mechanically really high likelihood town, so I suppose that's not a huge surprise.

~Evening
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 709, Iconeum wrote:
In post 703, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 621, Farkset wrote:
In post 615, Dunnstral wrote:I'll leave Don be for today. Be careful with night actions targeting him, he could be scum pgo, as I've explained.

VOTE: brassherald

I'm not sure how I feel about aldus.

Poe read, kind of
This is quite a bad post for many reasons, Dunn.

Please take a stance on aldus.

-Farkran
Why?

I'm not convinced that he's scum

My very rough reads are something like Farkset, Melody, Skitter, JacksonVirgo, Datisi as towny people
gonna be honest haven't read everything, but especially skitter and datisi townreads can you expand on those? Really curious what exactly makes you townread them.
Because they look like town. Also, Datisi has the number 1, I wouldn't lynch there until I had better reads on other 1 pickers anyway

Skitter engaging looks like town too
In post 794, Farkset wrote:
In post 791, Melody wrote:There's no way scum ever pick Neighboruiser as 3rd pick.

~Dawn
neither does town
~ker
I've tried to pick neighborizor as like, 4th pick as town in a previous run of this setup, and I still didn't get it (another town took it)

So from personal experience... yes they do.

1-shot Vig/Cop aren't the only roles mafia can swipe. There's doctor, backup/rolecop, jailkeeper/tracker, Night 3 vig/Vengeful, etc...

Personally I'd bet on Dr Drew being town right now
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Farkset »

I mean it's still drew, aldus or ico for me. I have spoken ar length about all of them, and i have gone through my townleans and reasons for them.

If you want to pick outside of this pool i cannot compromise with it.

Wagons can happen without me, i don't know how i can contribute more today

-Farkran
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Forgot about this game
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 687, alimdia wrote:I'll post more later after work or during lunch break, but what I want to say is the Don asked jackson for his scum games when jackson was saying he picked a random number and other stuff.

I thought that meant Don was suspicious of Jackson, and took that as a TR on Don. However, Don has since been not analysing jackson's reply, so that read falls flat.

I didn't mention this before since I wanted to hear where Don was going with this, but it doesn't seem like he will be so...

Re:Don : Null in regards to his approach to jackson
Re: Jackson
In post 164, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 8, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Just a note: Please if you sign up for a game. Please PLEASE PLEASE Read the setup. How the game setup is is in the wiki Pick Your Power X/Y This should go without saying.
So who was the silly billy who didn’t understand how the setup worked

Speak now or forever lose your towncred
That may be me, I just brain farted. I've played it before
said played it before
In post 165, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 58, brassherald wrote:Man, you guys are so focused on picking numbers, I just closed my eyes and hit a button on my number pad. Confirmed second most effective method to pick a number.
In post 59, brassherald wrote:Everyone is all like "Think for optimization" and I'm just like "Thinking sucks!"
I just picked a random number O.O
Was I not supposed to? Oof
In post 167, JacksonVirgo wrote:Or is that because of the number I picked, oh god I am so in over my head
but in future posts he seems really confused about the setup while repeatedly mentioning the word pocket

including this post:
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 232, Melody wrote:As for the smaller ones: Jackson, i lean on their entrance being genuine, which would make them town since scum should understand how the setup works after going thru the draft phase. Plus they admitted having played the setup before and still getting it wrong. it seems less likely to be a lie to me.
This seems somewhat pockety since I am a newer player compared to majority of you I assume, especially in this setup but I would have been just as confused as either alignment so sure it seems genuine but how is that AI as me being Town?
I played the setup before briefly before needing to replace out. I have no idea about meta or anything like that regarding the setup, can we please just get off that?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 818, Farkset wrote:I mean it's still drew, aldus or ico for me. I have spoken ar length about all of them, and i have gone through my townleans and reasons for them.

If you want to pick outside of this pool i cannot compromise with it.

Wagons can happen without me, i don't know how i can contribute more today

-Farkran
Don't you thinks is valuable for me to hood someone?

There is basically two scenarios:

1. I am town and I recruit Player X. We feel each other, poke and prod, and then hopefully get a better understanding of our alignment one way or another. Also would confirm my role, but of course that isn't AI.

2. I am scum and I recruit Townie Y(can a scum neighborizer hood a scum buddy?). Yes I can try and manipulate them, but I would be in big danger of being exposed (and going back to your question on what role I would choose as scum, this would be a big reason I would have shyed away from this role).
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 821, Doctor Drew wrote:Don't you thinks is valuable for me to hood someone?
I mean, not really. Target someone who you suspect is a town power role, and maybe they will trust you and give you information - I think that's your best usage of the pr.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 701, skitter30 wrote:- am i scum with or without aldu here?
I'm not sure tbh
- which other votes are you not following?
The Melody one with the pocketing
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: farkset

I'm scumreading way too many people for this stage of the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”