popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

thanks for getting on midway tho!
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

(the implication is that i think you're bussing)
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

????
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

ok lol
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 646, Madonna wrote:I am still reading, but let us get this out of the way:

VOTE: bob3141

I do not care about the meta. This is about the falseness, the whole everyone is wrong on their reads, that his bad posts are somehow prodges, and that once he landed in hot water, suddenly he is sorting farside22 as town, no problems here, no sir.

I will check out the midwaybear situation and defend my former vote on word321 in time.
All of this.
Idk why Albert claims the Bob wagon is so much weaker than the Midway wagon. This shit valid yo.
Anyway, i will not shed tears if Midway is lynched in the end. But this is a decent counterwagon either way. And that is always valuable for town once game get’s more flips.
VOTE: Bob3141
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Someone is trying to pocket me and i will find out who!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And i’m low-key a bit salty about ABR calling me not the greatest player and now i wanna solve hard.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 641, Nahdia wrote:votato can you explain your townreads

abr why am i town to you?

tia

VOTE: midwaybear
I’m curious why your earlier posts seem to indicate support for Bob being scum, yet you end up voting Midway? What was your progression here?

- Bunno
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Im gonna reread the thread bc its 3 in the morning and sleep is quite overrated imo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My basic stance on Bob/Midway wagons right now is that i believe Midways response to allegations was bad, but i could see it being town bad. Like he got a huge case dumped on him out of nowhere attacking his playstyle, that’s hard to respond at. Meanwhile Bob has been much more scummy, his responses has felt like his mask was slipping. He both townreads and scumreads Farside22. I think his real town response here would be to either tunnel Farside for perceived scummy push or see it as a town push and ignore it to find better ground to hunt. Instead we get what seems to be pure frustration at being scumread and not much else. Like gut just says to me strongly that this is a scummy AF reaction.

- Bunno
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 634, Nahdia wrote:
In post 631, farside22 wrote:
In post 629, Albert B. Rampage wrote:bob and nahdia didn't try to get you lynched for no reason.
And nahdia didnt vite for me.
i mean technically i did
In post 491, votato wrote:
In post 488, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Votato, who are your current townreads?
ABR, hoctac, popopopo?, schadd_, gobble
this is a truly odd townread list.

is true.
norway is right that bob cares more about other peoples' read on him than gamesolving. agree with p much all of .

Spoiler: responding quickly to popopo's case on me
popopo wrote: also hate how nahdia says they are townreading too many people, feels like scum trying to be friendly and make everyone feel comfortable around them. do not like.
i actually said the exact opposite. read again:
nahdia wrote:game is strange. normally i feel like im townreading too many people and have to adjust, now i feel like im scumreading too many people. who would like to be part of the townbloc? apply now.
the buddying thing i dont really have a response to. it's valid but just in this case not right.
popopo wrote:no way nahdia didnt read the damn thread before the first post made voting word.
i mean i had read hte whole thing? not sure i see your point here. i wasn't tryna be like "oh what a pleasant surprise" i was just outing a townlean on farside based on similar reads. sorry if mmy WHIMSY offended you :(

kind of mixed on popopo. i agree midwaybear is scummy for his lack of reads but a lot of the stuff popopo latches onto in his case just feels like textbook overjustification.
In post 635, Nahdia wrote:I Am Going To Be Very Suspicious if popopopopo suddenly loses interest in midwaybear.
Going to say I find these post gross. Again I don't see why a player can't change there reads. And suddenly your calling popopo out for bussing his buddy?
I find it hard to believe that you think scum bus that hard day 1.
In post 638, Madonna wrote:It is a midwaybear push now, did the bob3141 train not get enough steam?
Last I looked you still liked word. Not that I disagree with both as scum.
In post 642, Madonna wrote:
In post 480, farside22 wrote: 1) Those games were just the ones i started with the first list toward the bottom here I listed 4 town games and a few scum games. I will ask you what I asked him. How is picking all those games cherry picking?
2) players can lie about self meta and if others see a difference are they lying too?
3) meta is a thing that you can use here. You can't use on going games.
This is pages back, so if this is not relevant anymore, my bad.

It was from among the games you chose that bob3141 responded that a player could pull a different spin from the same content and gave examples. I want you to admit that different people can make different interpretations from the same content. Some interpretations might better represent a player's meta than others, and that is what I wanted to highlight. While I am sure, farside22, that you have your stance on bob3141, I would ask that other people who responded to the wagon also look at bob3141's own take and ask themselves which interpretation feels better. I have the luxury of being able to see the counterargument prior to debating whether to vote, but others lacked that chance.

Yeah, people can use meta; I do not know why they would want that.

Pedit: ???
Well I do agree that players can do that. I have done that and even have manipulated the meta in the past. I will even push that meta aside and say okay ignore the meta. Here are what I know.

*puts on educators hat*
Scum tend to be more aggressive earlier then town. For some reason many a player I run across that act as bob did to latch onto something so trivial and call it scummy, comes from scum. It gives them a diving board where they can ignore the game as a whole while still looking like they are scum hunting. Which bob has done thus far.
In conclusion I based my knowledge and looked to see if said player was aggressive early to verify those facts and concluded bob to be scum.
Thank you.
*takes hat off*
In post 646, Madonna wrote:I am still reading, but let us get this out of the way:

VOTE: bob3141

I do not care about the meta. This is about the falseness, the whole everyone is wrong on their reads, that his bad posts are somehow prodges, and that once he landed in hot water, suddenly he is sorting farside22 as town, no problems here, no sir.

I will check out the midwaybear situation and defend my former vote on word321 in time.
I'll take the vote.
In post 648, Madonna wrote:If bob3141 is scum, farside22 is town, popopopopopopo is still a questionable (null) version of me, and I might have to move Albert B. Rampage to a more null state. NorwegianBoyEE is town, not just a lean.
I wish you said more about players or your scum reads at the very least.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:21 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way as a side funny note, my son is learning about inferences in text and I started laughing as I thought about playing this game and how many inferences we make. Hence the educator stick.

Back to work I have to get my midway notes together.

*sigh*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Spoiler:
In post 171, midwaybear wrote:hum, that post seems more townie than scummy than me
idk how good my tone reading is though
In post 175, midwaybear wrote:I like what he is doing so far. He is clarifying stuff and also trying to scumhunt(votato)
He said he was really good at scum though, but I still tl stan1ey
In post 194, midwaybear wrote:still not buying it
however, the one hole in my meta defense is that I have never seen a word scumgame
In post 297, midwaybear wrote:
In post 295, word321 wrote:
In post 246, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 231, Hoctac wrote:actually after checking some meta the word wagon is fine
I don’t like this

VOTE: Hoctac
Why dnt u like this? Whats ur take on Trecko?
His meta defense made no sense. He said that he found you to be natural in your past games, but then said that you were less natural in this game. First of all, most people found you to be more formal in your posting style not natural. Second, if you are playing different from your meta, how can he like your defense?
In post 307, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 303, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 258, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 254, popopopopopopo wrote:i see the same awkwardness in newbie 1999 where word was town that I see here. im not gonna get hung up on defending him tho

Who do you want to bandwagon then?
i dont really know. word ive said my piece on. manatee was caught in a strange contradiction but im not sure theres much else there. pick someone
I thought madonna's vote was pretty bad. Wanna lynch her?
In post 311, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Madonna
oh yeah

So my town lean was based on the beginning of the game. He made a few stances and disagreed with votes. I thought his vote on Madonna came from the comment that Abr made about her vote and he joined the wagon.
Reading midway in iso it's easy to see his post are lacking and he reads lost and uncertain from my prospective. Not a scum tell with a newb to this site, I found 1 completed game as scum
So I just see the differences. He sure was more vocal that game and willing to put his reads on notice. *makes note for future games*
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Stamp of approval on those latest posts by Farside22.

Now let’s wrap this up. We all know Bob is scum, move on to day 2?

- Bunno
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 am

Post by stan1ey »

Two good lunches available happy with either and I have some town reads on either but overall I'd prefer bob

VOTE: bob

Which leaves them even at:

Bob(6):farside22, NorwegianboyEE, Aloratom, gobble, madonna, 1ey

Midway(6):manatee, popo, hoctac, alber, ndmath, nahdia
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 am

Post by midwaybear »

People said that scum me was not really putting out reads though lol. They said I was asking too many questions and reeked uncertainty
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 660, farside22 wrote:Going to say I find these post gross. Again I don't see why a player can't change there reads. And suddenly your calling popopo out for bussing his buddy?
I find it hard to believe that you think scum bus that hard day 1.
what

players can change their reads. changing reads can be towny. but scum often change their reads when they make a case on a partner to create distance, and towntell in the process.
and i think it's pretty transparent that my point was to try and make popopo stick to midway. it WAS a threat
In post 657, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 641, Nahdia wrote:votato can you explain your townreads

abr why am i town to you?

tia

VOTE: midwaybear
I’m curious why your earlier posts seem to indicate support for Bob being scum, yet you end up voting Midway? What was your progression here?
id be okay with a bob lynch. but im more confident about their being scum in midway/popopo. we get more info on the later lynch.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 666, Nahdia wrote:id be okay with a bob lynch. but im more confident about their being scum in midway/popopo. we get more info on the later lynch.
I'm more confident about midway though. Don't leave me!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 am

Post by midwaybear »

They are voting for me lol
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 641, Nahdia wrote:abr why am i town to you?
Should you not be?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Abandon ABR in that cold looking shelter over there, and join the GOOD wagon.

- Bunno
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:53 am

Post by midwaybear »

VOTE: Bob
Sure
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Aloratom »

It's day 1. We're going to have info with either. Plus night actions to supplement tomorrow's decision. It looks like there are decent cases for both. I think Bob is acting weird as hell, and I think that's the stronger case rn.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 666, Nahdia wrote:but im more confident about their being scum in midway/popopo.
Wtf is this?

- Bunno
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:04 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 671, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Bob
Sure
Dunno if its helpful info or not but bob is currently voting for Madonna and he hasnt changed that vote since post 198

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”