Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Melody »

Drew and Datisi, you've both townleaned/read us at several points, please don't be silly and blindly sheep skitter.

I'll be around before deadline if we need to switch votes for a lynch.

~Dawn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

melody how are you reading me again?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Melody, it does pain me to vote you, but Skitter made some good points about you white knighting me.

You have my word that if you flip town I will point and angry finger at Skitter.

Also, I am not blindly sheeping her.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1077, Doctor Drew wrote:You have my word that if you flip town I will point and angry finger at Skitter.
What if that's not helpful?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1078, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1077, Doctor Drew wrote:You have my word that if you flip town I will point and angry finger at Skitter.
What if that's not helpful?
Not sure I fully understand what you mean by this.

But, I was mostly just being playful.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Hello, what the hell is going on
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Initial thought after skimming last page is that alim seems to have been resisted heavily since I got him run up, and I think that’s telling. Alimdia, claim which PR you got because I’m sceptical that you got something that low down in the draft
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1035, Farkset wrote:there's still the thing that i have seen huge resistance against his wagon and i feel like the almidia wagon is quite terrible atm and being used as a counterwagon to save him.
I’m skimming because honestly I thought I wouldn’t have to worry about this game until tomorrow if then, but I have the opposite take here fark. Aldus wagon was static for days and the game state lethargied with it —> lethargic game state means that scum were happy with things and not resisting that lynch going through as the compromise at end of day, seeing as the lynch nearly always defaults onto the largest wagon at end of day. Whereas alim wagon became the logical choice when he went up, and there’s been resistance to getting him to L-1, followed by what I now think is a very shaky PR claim that avoids actually specifying a PR (presumably because if scum then he’s taking a punt on which PR might not be already taken)
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Doing jackson or N_M today is pretty obviously (1) a bad idea and (2) not something we should do today because it’s obviously a bad idea if you stop and think for half a second about percentages
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

*Sigh* goddamnit

VOTE: datisi

This may be better. I think he’s been actively avoiding producing content and is basically scum apathy telling. Stronger start followed by a tailing off due to lack of knowing what to say, and I think that him saying he has no reads may well be true but because he isn’t able to due to being informed.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

I’m willing to listen on other slots if someone gives me good reasons underneath but so far you’ve been trying to lynch my top townreads all day and I’m not getting on board with that
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

By “you” I just mean the playerlist in general. Like I think the only good wagon we’ve had so far has been alimdia, and even that is only good in terms of the slot it’s on, rather than having particularly good wagon composition from where I’m sitting.

People need to stop trying to lynch melody. Also, why is Drew not being considered? This latest push for people to lynch skitter is not a hot look, and I still dislike how he jumped in to start defending dunn so early when I made that very very early push on him
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Would probably like to lynch alim -> datisi -> drew -> iconeum/drpepper

I’m not willing to lynch outside those names today, be that because of TRs or because of where I think PRs are likely to be stacked. Like I said, I should be back by deadline to move back to alim if he hasn’t claimed a specific role by deadline or because this town is too afraid of a possible PR mislynch to go for what is likely an overly worried scum fakeclaim
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Don't claim your pr Alim
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Alim, explicitly claim a PR by deadline or get lynched
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

VOTE: alim

I’m prepared to go back to datisi but I think keeping th pressure here is more important if people (read: dunn) are going to continue to try to misplay this mechanically

If alimdia has a PR and isn’t scum, it’s a lower order PR. If he is scum, it’s much more pressure on him to have to claim the specific role
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: No Lynch

See you guys tomorrow
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Uh there’s like 9 hours left, I doubt a datisi lynch isn’t happening
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:30 pm

I doubt it is happening**
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm

In post 1082, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 1035, Farkset wrote:there's still the thing that i have seen huge resistance against his wagon and i feel like the almidia wagon is quite terrible atm and being used as a counterwagon to save him.
I’m skimming because honestly I thought I wouldn’t have to worry about this game until tomorrow if then, but I have the opposite take here fark. Aldus wagon was static for days and the game state lethargied with it —> lethargic game state means that scum were happy with things and not resisting that lynch going through as the compromise at end of day, seeing as the lynch nearly always defaults onto the largest wagon at end of day. Whereas alim wagon became the logical choice when he went up, and there’s been resistance to getting him to L-1, followed by what I now think is a very shaky PR claim that avoids actually specifying a PR (presumably because if scum then he’s taking a punt on which PR might not be already taken)
I don’t think scum were happy with having aldus as the top wagon? There’s been a lot of counterwagons to aldus

Drew
Melody
Alim
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm

I’ll be around to compromise on melody if needed, but I’d prefer aldus be the lynch today
Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Melody »

a non PR scum wouldn't claim PR i dont think, so it's not vitally important to me that Alim claims which PR he has right now. he's either town PR or scum PR and there's no point in forcing the claim

Alimdia i also feel some townpings from still reading his posts

Aldus I'm pretty sure all I see while reading him is "Vote Melody, Melody voting off of me before I responded is bad, etc etc". I don't really get why he scumreads us so hard for that. At least others on our wagon say they feel scumpings from something else we've said and have something else to add. he's more of a broken record

Don makes some good points in 968, im just not into alimdia in particular. The flashwagon onto another unsortable player is a good idea but I dont think it's alimdia we're looking for

Not really into the Dunny case by alimdia, same as Dawn. Disagree with Fark liking it..
In post 1015, Alduskkel wrote:My "gripe" is that it didn't really justify your vote on CSF. I wouldn't have a problem if in that same post you had voted CSF, but voting CSF after a wagon started to form and before you got any response from your vote on me is scummy.
????

I joined it
because
people were voting Cat. That was the point, for pressure. I messed up and didn't realize we were already voting you for a similar purpose. I had vaguely scummy pings from something she said earlier, some townleans voted her, and i joined it. I fail to see what you're finding scummy here and its the only reasoning you've cited for lynching us that i've seen and you've basically just repeated it multiple times

I'm not sold on Aldus being scum just for this, but i dont townread him like i do Alimdia and he doesn't have a PR i assume so there's really no other place i'd go

~Evening
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 1081, DonCorleone wrote:Initial thought after skimming last page is that alim seems to have been resisted heavily since I got him run up, and I think that’s telling. Alimdia, claim which PR you got because I’m sceptical that you got something that low down in the draft
In your skim, have you like... even read any of the stuff I'm saying?
In post 1082, DonCorleone wrote:
There are quite a few people telling me not to claim which PR.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by alimdia »

Don, you are also trying to make everything fit on me, no matter what happens on my wagon

> a bunch of people not contributing -> you single me out
> I start contributing -> my wagon stalled -> you said because scum is stalling my wagon

so if my wagon gets larger, what would you say? Does that mean I'm town? If not, then whether my wagon gets larger or gets stalled cannot be used as part of the argument.

Also, its rich of you to say that I could have not been a PR because I'm so low on the draft when... you hardclaimed cop as 2nd lowest

Return to “Completed Open Games”