Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Thesp »

Just a quick check-in post - it may be Friday before I can get some real posting in.
Tinsley wrote:Fark did make a case on charter and was only the second on his bandwagon. I don't think Fark's case was as bad as some make it out to be.
farkshinsoup wrote:Tinsley is the lynch today, not Walnut and not Charter.

Vote: Tinsley
Tinsley wrote:I think Fark decided he didn't quite have enough votes to lynch charter, so he decided to start a Tinsley bandwagon to appeal to Thesp. If he could get Thesp to vote with him, then he just needed two more non-scumbuddy votes.

Vote: Farkshinsoup
:popcorn:

I approve of these recent developments. I will vote for either one.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Wow, thanks for the helpful post, Thesp. I know that you're counting on being dead soon, but it would be nice if you could devote a little more energy and analysis to this game.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Thesp »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Wow, thanks for the helpful post, Thesp. I know that you're counting on being dead soon, but it would be nice if you could devote a little more energy and analysis to this game.
I will, I really promise I will, but it's unlikely to happen before Friday. (See sig - July is the busiest closing month in the real estate industry, and everyone wants to close at the end of the month.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ah, okay, sorry, I have the sigs disabled because I find it makes the threads too cluttered. I await your posts.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 am

Post by CF Riot »

Riot wrote:His reason was distracting the town, then later it changed to lack of dedication to the game.

D2 Walnut comes out (appearing to be) following up on his LoS and suspicion from D1 calling out Thesp. Thesp gives his null result, but Walnut votes Charter and lines up Mac for D3 if Charter is scum. This is alright except he doesn't mention Thesp at all. He doesn't say, "I believe you." He doesn't say, "That's scummy but I'll wait for tomorrow." He just says Charter is scum because he's focused on Walnut for crappy reasons, when he doesn't even give a good defense to his total fence sitting D1.

Do you have a defense for these?
Walnut wrote:Nothing related to these questions.
Guess not.

LoS:
1) Walscum
2) Fark
3) Thespian, LG, & SG(possibly replacement), all of whom need to post more.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Tinsley »

Walnut wrote:Tinsley, I am not on your wagon, nor have I ever even voted for you. Are you so convinced that I am scum that you associate all possible evil behaviours with me? Don't believe the hype- I don't eat babies either ;)
That statement was made under the assumption that you're one of Fark's scumbuddies. While you have stated you believe I'm pro-town, if you're scum, I could definitely see you jumping on my bandwagon to save your ass.

Fark - in post 624 you say that Mac makes a good point in post 622. Does that mean you're leaning more toward believing Walnut is scum, or that you're leaning more toward believing I'm town? Or both?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 am

Post by charter »

Can we get a votecount please?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I don't know Tinsley. I'm having some doubts. I went back through your posts and I found these from earlier on D1, before you voted for Walnut:
Tinsley wrote:A few here have already mentioned our tendencies from our last game. That's the reason why I'm hesitant to lynch Netlava right now. Sure, he's been contradicting himself, but if I remember correctly he did that in the last game in addition to twisting other's words, and yet he still wasn't scum.
Tinsley wrote: I said in post 285 that I don't think Netlava is unlynchable, but I don't think we should lynch him today.
So at least this proves that your desire not to lynch Netlava was evident from earlier on. You also posted suspicions of Walnut earlier, so your vote is certainly consistent with town behaviour.

That having been said, it's also consistent with scum behaviour. As Netlava started drawing fire, you could have decided that you would come out against his lynch, and wait for any competing wagons to jump on.

I also don't like the way you OMGUS'd me with that weak argument that I couldn't get charter lynched so I was coming after you. I noticed you dropped it for now. That argument is scummier than anything else you've done, IMO.

I'm leaving my vote on you for now, but I'm going to keep looking.

As for Walnut, what bothers me is that if you are town, then you must realize what a massive distraction you are to finding the actual scum. What possible motive could you have for doing this?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Mizzy »

charter wrote:
Can we get a votecount please?
The votes haven't changed since the last vote count that I saw. Just refer to the last one.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Checking in. And I am posting decently regularly CF Riot, it's just that daily posts tend to get lost in this flood that you call discussion.

I am going to
Unvote
. I am going to keep watching and make a new assessment. Anybody have any objections?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Walnut 3 (charter, Macavenger, CF Riot)
Farkshinsoup 2 (Thesp, Tinsley)
charter 1 (Walnut)
Tinsley 1 (Farkshinsoup)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl, camn, Lord Gurgi

10 Alive = 6 to lynch!
Last edited by Mizzy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Mod, I have 2 votes on me.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by CF Riot »

@LG: Yes, pretty regularly, but not very often. I'm not saying you're lurking or anything, I just haven't felt as up to date on your opinions now as I did D1. You only have 4 game related posts D2. I hope your new assessment comes swiftly.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Walnut »

As for Walnut, what bothers me is that if you are town, then you must realize what a massive distraction you are to finding the actual scum. What possible motive could you have for doing this?
I am a massive distraction because I defend myself? On the contrary, you should blame those who keep repeating weak and already dismissed arguments. For a case in point, Tinsley and CFRiot keep asking me what I think of Thesp today:
Walnut, post #463 wrote: Thesp, you are both a claimed cop and my number one scum suspect on Day 1. What do you have to say for yourself at this moment?
Walnut, post #501 wrote: Kind of a weird question, since I started the day by saying that Thesp was my number one suspect.
Walnut, post #522 wrote: Charter has superseded Thesp on account of his actions on Day 2. I still find Thesp highly suspicious, but as I said in #501, if we were to lynch Charter and he were to be revealed as scum, I would advocate a Macavenger lynch on Day3.
Walnut, post #544 wrote: Tinsley wrote:

ABWOP: I'm still waiting to hear Walnut's reaction to Thesp's investigation.

I thought I had answered this in #522, but looking back I see that my answer was not specifically about his investigation, but more about whether I thought he was scummy, which I do. The thing about this is that it is the best result to claim if you are scum, as it is unprovable. If he is town, then it is just really bad luck to have picked the guy who got killed. I don't think we should lynch him today though, as there is little harm in letting him live while we are all aware of him, and on the off chance that he really is a townie who got unlucky, he may get something useful tonight.
After all that, CFRiot comes up with this:
D2 Walnut comes out (appearing to be) following up on his LoS and suspicion from D1 calling out Thesp. Thesp gives his null result, but Walnut votes Charter and lines up Mac for D3 if Charter is scum. This is alright except he doesn't mention Thesp at all. He doesn't say, "I believe you." He doesn't say, "That's scummy but I'll wait for tomorrow."
When I don't repeat myself again, he is convinced that therefore I am scum. For that matter CFRiot, you have not answered my questions (regarding Charter) from post #590:
Walnut wrote: As with your reread knowing Netlava was town, would you consider his "very scummy" play sinister if I was lynched and came up town? Out of curiosity, how do you defend yourself unjustly?
As people continue to accuse me of not scumhunting, I will repeat myself and say that the person that I am voting for, Charter, strikes me as highly likely to be scum. No one has disputed the evidence against him- the only defense I have heard for his play is that it is just bad town play. Charter, you have not answered this question from post #623:
A couple of people have given up on voting for you because they think you are playing too badly to be scum. I have not heard you disagree- are you swallowing that distasteful argument because it coincides with them unvoting you?
This is not being facetious or insulting- it is a genuine question for you.

As for the Farkshinshoup/Tinsley accusations, I am more impressed by the argument that Tinsley voted for me with an eye to Day 2. On Day 1 the mafia don't even have to put in much effort for Netlava to get lynched, as his style made him an easy target. So, once the focus was on him, it is plausible that Tinsley as mafia figured that they could try to build the same sort of case on me so placed a Day 1 vote there to build a voting history. His accusation of Farkshinsoup trying to muster up the votes to bandwagon him is a real reach, and not convincing at all.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Tinsley »

Walnut - You just used your own quotes to prove Riot and myself right. Look at your quotes in 463, 501, 522, and 544. You never questioned Thesp on his investigation while some of us found it scummy. You never provided your thoughts on it until later when I asked. If Thesp was your number one suspect, why did you wait so long to provide your thoughts on his investigation?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:34 am

Post by charter »

Walnut + LG
I'm really not sure who the last one is, but at this point I'm over 99% sure LG is scum.

I want to ask everyone not voting walnut or LG why you aren't voting for one of them?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Hmmm, LG has contributed absolute zero on D2 and seems to really be trying to fly under the radar. Perhaps he could use a little pressure.

unvote
vote:Lord Gurgi

I'm about to go away until Tuesday. No internet access. No one lynch anybody (including me) until I get back.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Hmmm, LG has contributed absolute zero on D2 and seems to really be trying to fly under the radar. Perhaps he could use a little pressure.

unvote
vote:Lord Gurgi

I'm about to go away until Tuesday. No internet access. No one lynch anybody (including me) until I get back.
This is what I'm talking about, I asked if anyone had any objections, and you go out and vote me. Is this in response to charter's post, mine, or are you ignoring them both and trying to distract from yourself? I think that by the time D2 rolls around the time for voting for pressure is over.
Especially since you said that
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Macavenger wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:So in answer to your question, no, in my opinion not voting would not have been the best course of action for a townie in that situation. Voting for Netlava would have been.
So you're suggesting it's good for townies to vote for people they don't find scummy?
Bad for townies, perfectly acceptable for scum.
Now is the time to find your scum and stick with it. And screw anyone that says this is OMGUS, but 2 page contradiction is a way too much for me.
Unvote; Vote: Farkshinsoup
Charter, I still suspect you, so don't get all high and mighty.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Wow, LG, that was a huge over-reaction to my vote.

Explain to me why I'm not allowed to vote for reactions on Day 2? Where is that in the general rules on Page 1?

I think your OMGUS vote (just because you point it out and say that it's not, does not make it so) has shown me that my pressure vote was a sensible move.

As for your assertion that I contradicted myself, I'm sure you are quite aware that Mac and I were discussing the specific situation of the hammer vote on Day 1. My vote for you here is completely justifiable, whether I think you are scum or not.

Also, my vote hopping is certainly not going to distract anyone from finding me scummy. It's ridiculous for you to assert that.

I'll leave my vote where it is for now, thank you very much, and I'll try to get around to a reread on you when I return.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Wow, LG, that was a huge over-reaction to my vote.

Explain to me why I'm not allowed to vote for reactions on Day 2? Where is that in the general rules on Page 1?

I think your OMGUS vote (just because you point it out and say that it's not, does not make it so) has shown me that my pressure vote was a sensible move.

As for your assertion that I contradicted myself, I'm sure you are quite aware that Mac and I were discussing the specific situation of the hammer vote on Day 1. My vote for you here is completely justifiable, whether I think you are scum or not.

Also, my vote hopping is certainly not going to distract anyone from finding me scummy. It's ridiculous for you to assert that.

I'll leave my vote where it is for now, thank you very much, and I'll try to get around to a reread on you when I return.
You said it was bad for town to vote someone they don't find scummy, you just did that. That is clear cut to me. Also, you are deliberately trying to defer focus from you. I'm also expecting a vote from charter on his next post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by charter »

Wonderful.
unvote, vote LG
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by charter »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm also expecting a vote from charter on his next post.
WHOA. I honestly did not see this until after I voted.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Macavenger »

I'm currently working on a large post about Walnut, which I may or may not finish tonight. In the meantime, as a quick note on recent events, I side with fark in the fark/LG thing here. LG's reasoning about fark is bad, his reaction to the vote is bad, and his vote isn't even veiled OMGUS. I don't mind the LG hate, though I still think Walnut is a superior lynch today.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm also expecting a vote from charter on his next post.
WHOA. I honestly did not see this until after I voted.
Are you admitting to not reading my post?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by camn »

it was kind of tucked in at the end . . :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”