massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:09 am

Post by massive »

Thank you town! Although letting Guardian last so long after lynching a claimed doctor with "conflicting results" made my head asplode. ;-)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:19 am

Post by ting =) »

@massive.
Why did you think I was scum btw?

I want to wifom you with it if I'm ever in a game with you again.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Qman »

I know I jumped ship because of Shaka's just... lousy... modding, but i still followed the game.

Told ya I (Seth) wasn't scum massive, you can't rely 100% on known somewhat outdated scumtells. I was surprised you were lynched that day instead of me though.

A little behind the scenes stuff (and what ultimately got me to just give up on the game) Skaha when I made my first posts Day 2, posted an incomplete night scene, he left one of the death's off (I think it was the SK death). Which in some ways led to my post about the kills in specific. I made the mixed bag post before he fixed it. He PM'd me asking to not say anything about it, so I didn't. but it also made that day strt wonky as hell for me.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:49 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I think Guardian did an
excellent
job. I was seriously ready to lynch Shamrock/? Before Guardian replaced. Not only did Guardian manage to avoid being lynched that day, he nearly got away with hammering a doctor immediately after.

I want to thank everyone. This game was really enjoyable. This was my third mafia game ever, and my second one that went to completion, and I had a great time.

I'll make a post about everyone individually sometime today.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

This was an interesting game, but I'm slightly disappointed that I wasn't nightkilled. I still have yet to be nightkilled in a game here.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am

Post by massive »

Oh I don't remember anything about this game. The only thing I remember is Matt_S being confirmed numerous times by the mod and still acting scummy. To be fair, it started SEVEN MONTHS AGO and I was lynched almost TWO MONTHS AGO. I can't be expected to keep up my thoughts that long. I can barely keep up my thoughts in games that I'm active in.

*halo*

My problem, pretty much all game, was that I was crossing myself up between my actual scumhunting and letting the mod's interference influence my thinking. The Matt_S/shaka! "interaction" colored my thinking from pretty much the start of the game. And Matt_S kept leading me back into it.

Reminded me to ask, either Empking or the mod, who did Khelvaster kill night one? We know he made one of the kills.

ting:
I started to get suspicious of you because you were SO WISHY-WASHY about your vote on the day I was lynched, if I remember correctly.

Qman:
To be fair, you know and I know that Jeep's Common Scum Tells are probably NOT a reason to vote for someone if you want to lynch them. But to vote them to see their reaction, I think it's valid. And man, did your reaction STINK. Getting angry, using profanity, then leaving the game? Why WOULDN'T I be suspicious?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Talitha »

As far as I've been able to find out, these are the night actions:

Night 1
Mafia killed crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad killed Coolbot
Khelvaster killed Talitha (!)
massive protected Khelvaster/Empking
Talitha investigated Qman/Sethaniel

Night 2
Mafia killed Empking
BaB investigated Empking

Night 3
BaB investigated Sethaniel
Mafia killed ting
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Qman »

granted , massie but shaka ruined this game. I replaced into a crappy game, which isn't a reflection on any player, but shala really f'd the game up.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Qman »

oh yea nice job with the cop vig by khelv o-0
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

Not his fault. I was scummy as heck (according to massive)!
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Hey, anyone mind telling me what I did right/wrong this game and how I could improve? (except for Destructor who already did).

And Talitha, you rock for modding for us. Thank you so much!

Was Massive really a doctor/tracker? Why did you just label his role as a doctor?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by ting =) »

Yea, thanks for modding talitha. =)

@bab.
I can't recall you doing anything that screwed the game up. I thought you played pretty well imho.

Also, yes, on hindsight, I think guardian played really well. The scum would probably have won if you didn't have the replacer role. I think he got screwed over by Imat though. Nothing short of a confirmed cop claiming innocent on him would have made me not suspicious of him.

@massive.
Hm. If I recall, I had my vote on Imat/guardian for most of that day. I switched to you because he did a good job of convincing everyone that he wasn't scum, there was no way he was going to get lynched.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Thanks for modding, talitha.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:34 am

I'm going to nominate Guardian for a scummy.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:51 am

I nominated him for best replacement. Second or third the nomination if you like.
Signature:
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

I called massive an 'Informed doctor' in my notes. And his role PM specifically said he was "the doctor".

He wasn't really a tracker, wasn't really a jailkeeper. I decided to keep it simple and let you guys draw your own conclusions.
massive wrote:
shaka!! wrote:Massive

You are Elrond, Lord of Rivendale. Every night you may hide a being in Rivendale from the forces of evil. Your many Elven scouts will inform you before sunrise if anyone came looking for the being you hid.

You win when the forces of evil has been stopped.

You are the doctor.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm

If you called Massive the "informed doctor" it would have made me more sure that he didn't lose his power and was telling the truth, and the game would have been much different.

I think the role you called him was a good choice. I have a question, in mini-normals, aren't roles called "doctors" supposed to be all the same, or can they have slight variations (such as this) and still be considered a "normal doctor?"
Signature:
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Matt_S »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I have a question, in mini-normals, aren't roles called "doctors" supposed to be all the same, or can they have slight variations (such as this) and still be considered a "normal doctor?"
I'm not aware of restrictions on names for roles, though misleading role names could be considered bastard moddish.

And I think you played very well. I can't suggest any ways to improve, except lynch Guardian sooner next time. :wink:
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

Good game all. Great job town in mopping this one up :).

Thanks to everyone -- except shakaa.

destructor did an excellent job this game and in the end he lost because of a very powered town and mod-ing difficulties.

I blame myself for not getting destructor lynched; if I'd managed that I'd have NK'd BAB and we'd have likely won.

The only advice off the top of my head, destructor, is be skeptical of late game power role claims, especially in an already very-powered game. Tracker and NK Immune both made little sense... but then again neither did Backup :). I think overall you played well, and made the right decision in the end. Thanks for the nomination.

Matt_S, good job at not believing my lies :).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Guardian wrote:Matt_S, good job at not believing my lies :).
My stubbornness is a force to be reckoned with. It's the biggest part of my play style, I think. It doesn't always serve me well, but I wouldn't be the same player without it. Unfortunately, it makes scum play difficult :( And just to brag, this game brings my town record on this site to 3-0.

Some things about this game that interest me are that my random vote day 1 hit the serial killer, I was right about Khelvaster being a power role, I got a lot of flack for being against a name claim despite being right apparently that only power roles had names, and I somehow wasn't night killed by anyone. And I'm surprised that two mislynches got us to lynch or lose despite the awesome night 1 and the single death on night 2.

The troublesome role pm, for your pleasure:
Matt_S

You are a member of the fellowship. You have nothing but your voice and your vote to find Sauron and his minions.

You are a townsman.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Confirm via pm.
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”