Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 160, Battle Mage wrote:I'm bored and people love ambitious plays on Day 1, so I'm gonna go with:

Green Crayons, Malakittens, Notscience and HK50 for scum. :cop:
NS and HK are pumping town vibes.

Mala is null.

I'm obviously town.

What a bad list.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: Dunnstral
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

bob's posts look like scum trying to effort. (shrug)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Battle Mage is today's lynch btw everyone
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Please welcome stungun0404 to the town! I will add 24 hours to the clock if they request it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 166, HK 50 wrote:
In post 143, Battle Mage wrote:I'll catch up later, but for now:

VOTE: HK 50 - biggest wagon and he appears to have a horrible post restriction and needs to be put out of his misery. :lol:
[Definition:]
Efficiency: the ratio of the useful work performed by a machine or in a process to the total energy expended or heat taken in.

Known antonyms: Master Battle Mage
Damn robot needs re-programming again. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:37 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Hey everyone. Glad to join this game--been awhile since I last played!

I will read over the thread and form some opinions as soon as I can.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

"So we went from having a Ghost mobster to a sentient electricity gun? What kinda buisness are you running, Jake?"
"What's a buisness?"

Vote Count 1.6

Dunnstral (4):
DoctorPepper, farside22, HK 50, Green Crayons
HK 50 (2):
votato, bob3141
notscience (1):
geraintm
Malakittens (1):
Dunnstral
Not_Mafia (1):
stungun0404
Battle Mage (1):
Not_Mafia
Green Crayons (1):
Battle Mage
Not voting (2):
Malakittens, notscience

Mod Notes:
Majority is 7 players.

Day 1 has begun and will end in (expired on 2020-06-22 07:23:04).
stungun0404 has replaced Ghost Ganster's slot.[/area]
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: Vot.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 168, HK 50 wrote:
[Statement:]
The lack of actual discussion is making my circuits moderately irritated. There cannot be ruthless slaughter like this.

VOTE: Dunnstral

Master Battle Mage feel free to explain the basis of your read.
Excellent, I thought you'd never ask!

Green Crayons Notes

He has played extremely safe and cautious, not really going out on a limb on anything, and only really focussing on either highlighting people's towniness, or criticising other's arguments for people's scumminess (which is generally easy for scum to do because they know who is actually scum). In his first 18 posts (all of them prior to my vote) he hadn't indicated suspicion of ANYONE. His only vote was a random vote on Farside - I know it was random because he made it very clear by saying "eenie meanie minie mo". The only other thing of note is that his 4th post was an apology (which incidentally was the thing which pinged me into doing an ISO) for being rude...only he hadn't really been that rude? by the standards of this site, it was about as courteous as a criticism gets. So the apology just seemed a bit OTT and like he was walking on eggshells. No meta yet, but an absence of town enthusiasm or active engagement - more of the commentating from the sidelines style. :cop:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Battle Mage is definitely scum
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 170, Malakittens wrote:
In post 162, Battle Mage wrote:OMGUS Malakittens? what is your reaction to my posts?
I’m trying to figure where your head is at with self voting and the woe is me with the other posts. IDK the last set of posts are just coming off strange.

The whole “I’m going to do a guess” doesn’t really strike me as a real case/vote.

Then why don’t you vote me and actually get a case? I’m not scared.
Yeah I can dig that, I'm a strange cat too, just having fun! :D

My suspicion on you isn't based on much, I was only playin'...but it's a good memory jogger for later so I can go back and see what pinged me if useful, and I like to get stuck in and get some reactions.

Your reaction for instance...is a bit defensive? "vote me and actually get a case? I'm not scared."? :giggle:

I listed you as an initial speculative solve (and if you paid any heed to my "woe is me" post, you'd recognise that my reads monumentally suck), so I don't know if this is over-keen town ready to do battle, or scum mobilising prematurely? Not sure on that right now...
In post 172, Malakittens wrote:
In post 165, HK 50 wrote:
In post 138, Malakittens wrote:Hm. I really did just like HK 137. But I want to see how that progresses
In post 144, Malakittens wrote:That post has a bad gut feeling, but will wait for redemption
[Interrogation:
Master Malakitten, you have made several posts showing a stance without explaining it nor fully committing to it. Please explain your pings. Has the interaction with master bob3141 reached a finite conclusion read wise considering you town ping both of us?
Right now I’m liking bob’s posts. The way he’s going about is very similar to the last game we played together. I’m starting to see you scum hunting while you’re using your gimmick. A lot of players that use gimmicks hide behind it and don’t actually scum hunt. So that give me town pings.

Where as Battle Mange is the post I was referring to that felt a scum ping IMO. That’s way before he even thought I was OMGUSing him.
Battle
Mange
? Ouch! :eek: No saucer of milk for you today... :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:07 am

Post by notscience »

Miltabk I don’t remember you being this cryptic
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 178, Not_Mafia wrote:Battle Mage is today's lynch btw everyone
In post 185, Not_Mafia wrote:Battle Mage is definitely scum
Well I might be today's lynch, but I'm not scum dude! You selling anything else? :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 176, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
This looks serious...what's the story here?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

£3.74 for a cheesecake
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:12 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I am currently a few pages into reading, but would like to make a request. @HK50, I love your posting style -- so nothing against it -- but could you possibly use less sophisticated words to get your points across? I can understand what you are saying if I really spend time looking into your every post, but it is very hard to read some of your posts on the surface.

Another reason I ask this is because using a ton of more complicated words makes it more difficult than normal to read your intentions. This posting style could be extremely effective for scum to hide behind, because it is an easy way for them to blanket their intentions, because a lot more effort is needed than typical to truly assess their motives.

And if you are town, then it should make sense why this could become an issue. Because if people are having to spend too much time looking at a townplayer's posts to unpack their motives, it takes away from their focus of scumhunting, which absolutely could lead us down the wrong path in the long run.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Just wasted my time looking at a couple Not_Mafia games, Open 779 (scum) and Newbie 1985 (town). Pretty redundant in both, similar posting style and attitude, slightly more trigger happy with the vote as scum but nothing much to get excited about. So could go either way here, and expect more of the same. :facepalm:

In other news, I've decided HK 50 is actually town, and figured out the most likely reason why Green Crayons voted Dunnstral. So that's something! :cop:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 191, stungun0404 wrote:I am currently a few pages into reading, but would like to make a request. @HK50, I love your posting style -- so nothing against it -- but could you possibly use less sophisticated words to get your points across? I can understand what you are saying if I really spend time looking into your every post, but it is very hard to read some of your posts on the surface.

Another reason I ask this is because using a ton of more complicated words makes it more difficult than normal to read your intentions. This posting style could be extremely effective for scum to hide behind, because it is an easy way for them to blanket their intentions, because a lot more effort is needed than typical to truly assess their motives.

And if you are town, then it should make sense why this could become an issue. Because if people are having to spend too much time looking at a townplayer's posts to unpack their motives, it takes away from their focus of scumhunting, which absolutely could lead us down the wrong path in the long run.
I completely agree with this, his posts are pretty unreadable for me too because of the format. But I also think it's a very conspicuous posting style and a lot of effort for scum to keep up with minimal value, so slight townlean. Like, if scum, why bother?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 190, Not_Mafia wrote:£3.74 for a cheesecake
excellent, glad to see exchange rates won't be a problem! Please do let me know if you have any other reads or observations at any stage... :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Battle Mage must die
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 184, Battle Mage wrote:he hadn't indicated suspicion of ANYONE. His only vote was a random vote on Farside - I know it was random because he made it very clear by saying "eenie meanie minie mo".
lol
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 189, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 176, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
This looks serious...what's the story here?
I point you to:
In post 196, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 184, Battle Mage wrote:he hadn't indicated suspicion of ANYONE. His only vote was a random vote on Farside - I know it was random because he made it very clear by saying "eenie meanie minie mo".
lol
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 193, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 191, stungun0404 wrote:I am currently a few pages into reading, but would like to make a request. @HK50, I love your posting style -- so nothing against it -- but could you possibly use less sophisticated words to get your points across? I can understand what you are saying if I really spend time looking into your every post, but it is very hard to read some of your posts on the surface.

I completely agree with this, his posts are pretty unreadable for me too because of the format. But I also think it's a very conspicuous posting style and a lot of effort for scum to keep up with minimal value, so slight townlean. Like, if scum, why bother?
I can understand why you might gather a townlean from it, but at least for me I cannot say that it gives me any direction on his alignment. If someone reads a lot, using more difficult words can come naturally to them. In fact, I have played a game where I used a lot more sophisticated words than usual as mafia before, so knowing that I have done it as scum and it took very little effort for me means that I must be cautious if I see someone else doing it.

In the game where I was scum, I can cite some of the words that I used in one single analysis post during that game: exasperation, unfounded, prognostication, aforementioned, reinforces, ulterior, disconcerted, reiterating, conducive, bolsters, precedence.

There were more words, but you probably should get my point by now that if someone knows a lot of words, it could take very little effort to use more complicated words regardless of alignment. Town naturally should have more of a motive to make things easy-to-read for their fellow town members, so they should avoid using a bunch of difficult words.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 am

Post by notscience »

So we moved from video game debate to vernacular debate
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST