votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by votato »

@bob, as for the second half of your post, i propose that you look at my recent posts. its there. i have given some reasons and some reads. they're weak. i dont claim them to be strong. all of everyone's reads are basically gut unless scum really messed up big time so far.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

is a bad vote
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:29 am

Post by HK 50 »

In post 233, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 137, HK 50 wrote:
In post 130, bob3141 wrote:Either mala is scum and unafraid of the spotlight or as i feel at the moment a fellow townie that simply does not have anything to fear in the first place.
[Query:]
If your experience states that scum tends to hop off a band wagon during random voting, which for the record master I find to be a highly ridiculous notion, then what is your current position on my true alignment considering the after mention switch off?
This is a little bit of an odd focus, to my view, if you are town. Why do you want someone focusing on something you did rather than something someone else produced so you can have a better awareness of the gamestate if you are town? What benefit do you gain from this unless you are scum trying to get someone to read you a certain way?

I have also done something similar to this as scum, so that's a second red flag, and I am noting this.
[Answer:]
Because I was the only applicable player.

My question to master bob3141 served both as a reaction test and to gague his continuation of the RVS wagon theory. Regardless of master malakitten alignment, I believe there is both town and scum motivation behind his townlean on her. To make it clear before I explain it deeper, I take bob3141's theory to imply: "Scum tend to be uncomfortable committing to a larger RVS wagon which leads them to make mistakes in handling them which are AI".

Scum!bob3141 motivation, in my opinion, would of been to trade defending master malakitten in order to pressure her attackers. Hence I gave him a situation that gave him an opportunity to scum read me using the same logic he townread master malakitten for but flipped. The fact he ended townreading me was was irrelevant, although I find the reasoning behind it acceptable. The lack of pushing master farside caught my eye however, since I think it would of been easy to frabicate scum motivation in that intial push by her (assuming shes town) which points to it being a genuine thought by him.

Now, notably he did end up pressuring Master Dunnstral and the sentient can (DoctorPepper) afterwards in posts , , , and . However, I find the manner these are done in to be townie and it seemed more as an consequence of my poking than a planned pressuring which my theory about scum!bob3141 would suggest.

[Confession:]
Rather embarrassingly the reaction test I planned to see what Bob's reaction was to being prompted to expose more info became flawed by my own error. I recognized during the interaction my intial question was leading in nature, which makes speculating into his reaction to my request differcult to judge.
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:36 am

Post by HK 50 »

In post 242, stungun0404 wrote:@DoctorPepper, @Dunnstral, @Geraintm, @ Votato do you guys have any early townleans/town indications?

@NotScience, could you please lay a vote down somewhere? Doesn't matter if you pick the wrong person, a vote is better than no vote.
[Statement:]
This makes me feel better about Master stungun0404. There was a, since I'm not allowed to use sophisticated words, mixture of two fallacies present in the analysis on me. Though I think it's more bad townie logic than scum using it to overtly justify a stance given the branch out here.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am

Post by notscience »

You’re a bad vote explain it or can it
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 am

Post by HK 50 »

In post 250, Malakittens wrote:I have not personally seen scum bob, have you?
[Answer:]
No. That's why I was curious if there was any obvious difference.
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:53 am

Post by HK 50 »

In post 256, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 168, HK 50 wrote:
The lack of actual discussion is making my circuits moderately irritated. There cannot be ruthless slaughter like this.

VOTE: Dunnstral

Master Battle Mage feel free to explain the basis of your read.
I agree with your vote but your line of questioning was not leading to this, what do you really feel about Dunn?
I'll fully admit my vote on master Dunnstral is more me agreeing with what's been said about him. Call it sheeping if you will. I want to see commitment either from him defending the master malakitten or moving from it rather than the statements he has given so far.
In post 261, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 191, stungun0404 wrote:I am currently a few pages into reading, but would like to make a request. @HK50, I love your posting style -- so nothing against it -- but could you possibly use less sophisticated words to get your points across? I can understand what you are saying if I really spend time looking into your every post, but it is very hard to read some of your posts on the surface.

Another reason I ask this is because using a ton of more complicated words makes it more difficult than normal to read your intentions. This posting style could be extremely effective for scum to hide behind, because it is an easy way for them to blanket their intentions, because a lot more effort is needed than typical to truly assess their motives.

This. This is a good town post. Encapsulates my feelings. Great entrance and I think you're town

In fact, I think HK not breaking his posting pattern might actually make me question him
[Query:]
Explain the bold.
In post 262, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 200, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 199, notscience wrote:So we moved from video game debate to vernacular debate
don't get medical with me! :eek:
Anyone got a meta read on BM? Is he more jokey and not serious as town or scum?
Answer:]
His jokey nature is shared among his town and scum play. The emoji usage etc. There are some differences that can be used, although they come latter. To summarize them: you have to look at overall motivation in his posts in accordance to the gamestate.
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 am

Post by HK 50 »

I do not like the Sentient can's (Doctorpepper) . While I have no issues with the issues with my vocalizer, his suspicions of it being AI indicative strikes me as scum driven given his posts before and after the post. Before this, he remarked a post of mine as 'very townie' () indicating he has content related reasons to support a town read even despite his question about my master Dunnstral vote.

This leads me to interpret 261 more as him shading my slot to fuel Master Stungun4040's doubts of me while also attempting to buddy the slot with the first paragraph. He doesn't actually question me over why I kept posting in my style nor attempts to do so afterwards. It honestly doesn't do much to further Stunguns4040 read on me rationally and exists just to indicate support.

Post afterwards paints me as me being limited to a light townread solely due to the posting style. I don't feel this aligns with the content town point he raised in post 255 and feels artificially worded this way to leave the door open to scumreading me.
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 am

Post by HK 50 »

In post 288, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 284, votato wrote:probably town? Dunno, there are mostly just questions coming from hk and not much analysis
Not a bad point. Would like to see HK produce an analysis when they get the chance.
[Smart-Ass Analysis:]

Spoiler:
I believe that Master geraintm lack of enjoying day 1 is due to the over abundance of metal darts in his cranium. I fear this has affected his higher brain functions related, but not limited to: Emotional and linguistic analysis, short and long term memory recollection, ability to apply theory of mind, production of speech and writing, and control over the expunging of bodily fluids.

As such, Master Geraintm needs harder posts like votes due to a requirement of his lost of brain function. These types of posts provide a harder guideline for him to follow which aids him. This is why it's highly recommended not to willfully introduce spikes of metal into vital parts of an organics body expect in assassinations and surgery.

This analysis was also not done to showcase the ability to fake and bullshit an analysis. This is a one hundred percent legitimate evaluation of the mental state of Master geraintm (or lack there of).
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

No, it's more of I literally skim through your content because it's so hard to read with your inane gimmick that stungun made a great point.

Obfuscating your posts in this very difficult to read posting style is not helpful to town.

I agreed with Stungun's reasoning and it clicked with me because whenever I see you post I really do not want to read through it because it is complicated.

Hence, if you were town it's actually in the best interest for you to drop it and play.

If you're scum, you can actually use this to your advantage.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
HK 50
HK 50
Goon
HK 50
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 am

Post by HK 50 »

My presence is needed elsewhere on the ship currently, so I shall return once done.

[Post-editorial:
I shall read that post returning
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:32 am

Post by votato »

well HK has dropped it somewhat. the roleplay is kinda shitty at this point, the tone is not like HK at all, the only thing that remains is the [bracketed portion] at the beginning of each line, and a few expressions. The posts are still a bit hard to read and not that informative though. did anyone else notice that that last post that claims to have analysis actually didnt have any?
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Malakittens »

I’ll be catching up prob sometime tm. I need to sleep before training on my new job. (I’ll try to see if I can’t catch up on break)

Also for those asking why I voted Vot. I wanted to see if I could beetlejuice him into the thread and get some content going with him. So it was more of a pressure vote.

@notty:
The answer to ur question is yes. I have seen him play like he described
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:54 am

Post by notscience »

Play is putting it loosely but fine

Choo choo
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Votato votes are lazy. I bet one of y'all are scum.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:03 am

Post by notscience »

I’m townreading the whole wagon, who do you think is scum on it?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

mala or bob, with me leaning towards bob
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 am

Post by stungun0404 »

What makes you think Mala might be scum? I am getting an opposite vibe right now. I could possibly see Bob as a deepwolf, but I am not really seeing Mala as suspicious.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

She's more or less null for me at the moment, and so she's a contender.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, am I the only one who doesn't care about HK's posting style?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Votato:
are you apathetic as scum?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 am

Post by notscience »

I think he’s hilarious

Pedit

No comment
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:33 am

Post by stungun0404 »

@Votato, who do you think is most likely scum between geraintm, Dunnstral and Green Crayons?

If you give me a good enough response to this, I may be moved to vote elsewhere, so I really want to see some serious thought applied here.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:40 am

Post by votato »

In post 321, Green Crayons wrote:
@Votato:
are you apathetic as scum?
generally im very active as scum. in my completed games so far that's very much been my meta. will have an update soon that we can discuss. but as scum i'm always engaged on day 1 at least. as town im frequently bored day 1 and dont really pick up my posting much until later in the game. day 1 sucks, but it mostly sucks when you're town.

i do much prefer playing as scum.

@stungun, im not sure that id say any of them are scum. none of them have really posted enough for me to get reads on them. my gut would say geraintm? i liked the case someone made there. wasnt that you?

i can point to a few towngames where i was very lurky day 1 until pressure mounted on me. day 1 pressure on me is good to get me active and posting, but it isnt so good for my reads. when im allowed to just lurk and observe for a bit, my reads tend to be very good. i will also say that im still figuring out how to approach day 1, and so my playstyle probably alters quite a bit from game to game.

notsci is an interesting slot FMPOV. notsci may have a slight bias towards scumreading me. especially when i lurk. so that made me initially townread notsci's push on me. but im also somewhat convinced by people attacking notsci for the lazy vote. but the lazy vote could again be explained by a bias towards scumreading me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”