NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why should a doctor waste his protect on you when you’re not verified town and don’t even have a power other than being miller? Why would scum even consider shooting you based on that?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:53 am

Post by Truth »

Mafia will know I am confirmed town because I am either telling the truth or lying and am mafia. So they would want to kill a confirmed town in the night.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:06 am

Post by osuka »

In post 149, Truth wrote:
In post 138, Nauci wrote:
In post 136, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 116, Truth wrote:I may or may not be in a neighbourhood. I am open to someone claiming neighbours with me which I will play along with. Of course, it might also be my real neighbour if I am in a neighbourhood. This would be the Wifom element at play, and should make it difficult for mafia to decide whether I am a Mason or a neighbour.
Why did you claim Miller Mason? Why didn't you just claim the Miller aspect of your role?
I would also like to know this
I thought it would be a good idea if one of the Masons claimed so that doctors could be used on me. In hindsight I should have checked with my buddies first.
?????????????

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:07 am

Post by osuka »

In post 151, Truth wrote:Mafia will know I am confirmed town because I am either telling the truth or lying and am mafia. So they would want to kill a confirmed town in the night.
lolllllllllllll fucking what??? I think I’m having a stroke

You do realize mafia knows who is town by virtue of knowing who isn’t mafia, right? Your claim means literally nothing

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 am

Post by osuka »

like i'm sorry but in what world are we living in? nobody is confirmed unless you're IC or there's a flip (either yours, or of a cop that cleared you)

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 153, osuka wrote:Your claim means literally nothing
It does mean something though. If a mason flips at any point it will prove that Truth is most likely telling the truth.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:18 am

Post by osuka »

In post 155, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 153, osuka wrote:Your claim means literally nothing
It does mean something though. If a mason flips at any point it will prove that Truth is most likely telling the truth.
Yeah I mean at this point with no flips it means nothing

Candy Shop
Candy Shop
Townie
Candy Shop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Candy Shop »

In post 127, popopopopopopo wrote:i meant to quote the whole post there.
So in case of a lynch without any info, we're more likely to hit town than mafia. Accordingly, we have to get more info on scum from the lynch than the value of losing a player.

I'm sure that we're marginally more likely to hit mafia with this method on the first day than a completely random RNG lynch but that is not the test IMO.

The real test is whether the net information gained from the reactions of people from being pressured outweighs the high chance of a potential loss of a townie. When I say net information I also mean to include negative utility information for town such as the fact that the mafia knows of the existence of a masonry when it did not need to.

This logic works better the more investigative roles there are in the game though because the more there are the more it makes sense to wait for a night.

I haven't seen anything yet to lose a townie in a 13 player game so far.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Please no. Stop arguing for no lynch.
I can’t take having to explain why it’s a dumb idea.

- Bunno
Candy Shop
Candy Shop
Townie
Candy Shop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Candy Shop »

Look I'm open to the idea that a NL meta might not be best - can you link me to something where this was already discussed at length?
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:06 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

Lmfao this fucking guy
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

vote: nauci
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:09 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 140, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 106, popopopopopopo wrote:still, i dont think outing the hood, masons or not, is a good idea.

mason miller makes very little sense as a role no?
if a cop checks, masons can just come in and say he claimed miller to us in our masonry, then what...
Do you think Truth is telling the truth about his role?
i don't know. Probably not.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Truth »

See, this is what I mean. Slowly more and more people will doubt my claim and voice support against it, until mafia will see there is enough disagreement, and then pounce to try and vote me. And then my buddy will have to claim.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Truth »

I am okay with not lynching today. Going to even numbers alive on a day is bad, but if a doctor protects me we would actually be back on odd numbers. And not lynching on the first day is better than later on because of the proportion of mafia and town.

VOTE: no lynch
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:17 am

Post by osuka »

In post 157, Candy Shop wrote:
In post 127, popopopopopopo wrote:i meant to quote the whole post there.
So in case of a lynch without any info, we're more likely to hit town than mafia. Accordingly, we have to get more info on scum from the lynch than the value of losing a player.

I'm sure that we're marginally more likely to hit mafia with this method on the first day than a completely random RNG lynch but that is not the test IMO.

The real test is whether the net information gained from the reactions of people from being pressured outweighs the high chance of a potential loss of a townie. When I say net information I also mean to include negative utility information for town such as the fact that the mafia knows of the existence of a masonry when it did not need to.

This logic works better the more investigative roles there are in the game though because the more there are the more it makes sense to wait for a night.

I haven't seen anything yet to lose a townie in a 13 player game so far.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
what the fuck is wrong with you

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:17 am

Post by osuka »

In post 164, Truth wrote:I am okay with not lynching today. Going to even numbers alive on a day is bad, but if a doctor protects me we would actually be back on odd numbers. And not lynching on the first day is better than later on because of the proportion of mafia and town.

AND you

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 164, Truth wrote:I am okay with not lynching today. Going to even numbers alive on a day is bad, but if a doctor protects me we would actually be back on odd numbers. And not lynching on the first day is better than later on because of the proportion of mafia and town.

I’m so confused about this. I don’t want to sit on my ass and watch PR’s solve the game. I want to play some fucking mafia.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you are no lynching you are basically throwing the game and wasting your slot and town’s chance to win. (Assuming you are town.)

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 am

Post by osuka »

i have to say i definitely did not expect a discussion of this caliber outside of a newbie game.

the fact that we're on page 7 and talking about a no lynch is just about the stupidest thing in this thread, and that's a particularly low bar with some of the posts i've seen already

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I agree it’s silly we need tp hand hold the noobs and tell them that yes indeed, no lynch is fucking stupid. But i don’t think scum would say things like this so light TR on those slots... maybe.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My disappointment with half this playerlist is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

GuiltyLion, can you please come in and obvtown it up soon. Your RVS entrance coupled with disappearing hasn’t exactly filled me to the brin with confidence regarding your slot.

- Bunno
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:04 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

its crazy that this needs to be explained but

a lynch is the only thing guaranteed to be in control of town. there are always more town than scum, town players possess more votes, therefore town controls the lynch. on the other hand, mafia controls the night play, they have a factional kill and often have negative PRs to interfere with pro-town PRs. also there is no guarantee pro town players don't completely fuck up their night actions.

all no lynching does is give scum an extra night kill. if we no lynch day 1, any PRs will be operating blind. it gives you less information for day 2, a day 2 lynch after a NL day 1 is just as much of a crapshoot as a day 1 lynch. town is also handing over a player to scum for no reason, and losing a voter. also the game is balanced around a day start, and town lynching day 1. i cba to do the math but im sure it gives us one less mislynch if we nl day 1 too. just a terrible idea all around
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:05 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 171, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My disappointment with half this playerlist is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
i exist to please you nii-chan im sorry u feel this way

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”