Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Truth »

In post 299, Glitch wrote:What's with the backpedaling? It seems like you claimed right off the bat and then realized it wasn't the greatest idea so you're going to leave it a little more open ended and open some other possibilities up. Why?
I was actually okay with being lynched so that I could be confirmed, and it would confirm my buddies as masons. But they suggested against this idea.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 321, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why are you townreading popo? I don't have a read there
eh you know at the time I thought Nauci shade was likely to be a genuine against the grain town scumread and his mechanics talk felt pure, but rereading his ISO altogether holistically and reconsidering they're not really great reasons

I also don't think the interactions with Norway are likely to be S-S, but then again, m a y b e
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 326, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 321, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why are you townreading popo? I don't have a read there
eh you know at the time I thought Nauci shade was likely to be a genuine against the grain town scumread and his mechanics talk felt pure, but rereading his ISO altogether holistically and reconsidering they're not really great reasons

I also don't think the interactions with Norway are likely to be S-S, but then again, m a y b e
Great. So a great big maybe...
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if you'd like to comment more specifically on the things I pointed out and the thought process I gave, you are welcome to!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm

In post 328, GuiltyLion wrote:if you'd like to comment more specifically on the things I pointed out and the thought process I gave, you are welcome to!
The point is that you are non-committal on popo. I am SRing popo currently, have been for a while.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm more of a "yeah I see how he could maybe be scum, but a few things he did struck me as less likely scum and I don't think he looks like scum with my other scumread" on popo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 298, GuiltyLion wrote:Norway feels really awkward and stiff and I don't think he's actually advanced the game meaningfully, I'm keeping my vote where it is
Fucking lmao.
VOTE: GuiltyLion
He’s scum guys.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 287, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 172, NorwegianboyEE wrote:GuiltyLion, can you please come in and obvtown it up soon. Your RVS entrance coupled with disappearing hasn’t exactly filled me to the brin with confidence regarding your slot.
weren't you just chastising Quick not 4 hours ago for pushing me for weak 'activity' reasons?
This is like classic scum meta of GL. He’s literally unable to play well as scum, so he starts his reappearance with the most lame shade i have ever seen on my slot.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 pm

In post 114, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 110, Truth wrote:why is it a bad idea to out if I'm just in a neighbourhood?
There is nothing wrong with that at all actually. Just that it makes your play more complicated given you said it was masons when it wasn't. This could just be based on ignorance, but then again not because you claimed millar. Which means you knew on some level that your hood (never heard of a millar mason before) could be made of Town AND Scum. If that's the case, then perhaps outing the hood would be a good idea given if you really are millar there is likely one Scum in the hood. I can see a 3 person hood with one millar and one Scum and another just Town. That's actually not far from where I see things heading with hoods given mods have tended to use them so much. I could also buy that you are just Scum, thought the hood was actually a masonry, and claimed millar as a kind of "oops" that you couldn't have known how hoods work.
Glitch, I'd like your take on this post.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

GuiltyLion starts game off with RVS vote and then keeps it up and justifies it with weak shit to avoid actually having to pretend solving. Ez scum in the bag.

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 332, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This is like classic scum meta of GL. He’s literally unable to play well as scum, so he starts his reappearance with the most lame shade i have ever seen on my slot.
no thoughts on... literally everything else I've posted?

You're going to regret making that "he's unable to play well as scum" comment, I assure you. Because I am going to dedicate a lot of time and effort to this game, and adhere to my 'obvtown' meta
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh i'm working on it fella.

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 332, NorwegianboyEE wrote:he starts his reappearance with the most lame shade i have ever seen on my slot.
this also feels exaggerated, for the record

I am sure you have seen lamer shade
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:48 pm

In post 337, GuiltyLion wrote:I am sure you have seen lamer shade
So you admit it's lame shade, just not the worst lame shade... Okay, gatcha.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:51 pm

I'm actually going to pull back on my SR of popo for ~reasons~ and just continue to push GL because I was kinda low key expecting a fire storm and it never came.

Now, here's some good music to listen to while you read my ISO.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote:First two lines feel like scum tryna just like... comment on the game, and then I don't like the way he hedges throughout - "inclined to believe" feels like awkward scum-writing-about-their-fake-thoughts rather than just actually having them.
Aw yeah boy, this gonna get good.
Spoiler:

What's wrong GuiltyLion? This point is really bad, i mean it's BAD. Like, are you even considering how fake and in-genuine your argument here is? You are saying that me commenting about the game is scummy? It's not. Basically your entire case is spamming and misconstruction my way of speaking as if it is somehow indicative of scumminess without explaining why it is so. Repeatedly stating something is scummy as if that will make it come true isn't valid. What is my scum mindset here? You don't explain it at all.
Since i highly doubt town!you does this ever. It's safe to say you've shot up into my top scumread at this point.
In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote:"I implore you to abandon this push"? Norway I don't remember you ever speaking so awkwardly formally like this in our games together?
Asinine point. You should know from literally playing with me as scum that me apparently "speaking formally" has absolutely no bearing on my alignment.
Having a dialogue with your scumread is natural and has many benefits to town. Don’t like how you’re trying to portray it negatively here.
In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote: Shade but no vote or further pressure. It's not clear to me what Norway's read on Quick really is - he constantly talks to him as if he townreads him but then what's the point of a post like this?
It wasn't a shade. I was just stating i didn't like his stance there. You failing to understand my mindset or deliberately misconstructing it like this is not a good argument and something you just exaggerated to prop up your shitpush.
Please no. Stop arguing for no lynch.
I can’t take having to explain why it’s a dumb idea.
In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote: This vibes to me like a mafia response to someone advocating for No Lynch - contrast how others helpfully at least gave some reasoning for why no lynch is bad, this is just LAMIST.

only later he decides to jump in:
If you are no lynching you are basically throwing the game and wasting your slot and town’s chance to win. (Assuming you are town.)
:lol:
I can't take this shit dude. Me stating i'm too tired to fucking explain to a noob why no lynching is stupid is not LAMIST, it's just lazy. If i were to construct a huge post explaining in detail why no lynching is bad and tell people to TR me for it, it would be LAMIST. Don't know wtf you're going for here but it's silly.
In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote:I already called this out but this progression is bad, these posts were FOUR HOURS apart:
It’s been 8 hours and you’re voting GL based on inactivity?
GuiltyLion, can you please come in and obvtown it up soon. Your RVS entrance coupled with disappearing hasn’t exactly filled me to the brin with confidence
regarding your slot.
So i'm telling you to come in and "obvtown it up". How is that progression bad? I tell Quick it's too fast to vote you based on inactivity, and then i express and desire for you to show up in the game and towntell. Once again, either a blatant misrepresentation from you. Or your scum hunting skills are getting about as on point as a rusty butter knife.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 335, GuiltyLion wrote:You're going to regret making that "he's unable to play well as scum" comment, I assure you. Because I am going to dedicate a lot of time and effort to this game, and adhere to my 'obvtown' meta
You're not. Because i'm going to lynch you way before that.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Popopo
Scum has been caught. Vote GuiltyLion with me or you will be scum claiming. K tnx.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Since i've currently hard locked GL as scum from his post . Might as well give some reads.
I think Quick and Osuka both are likely town, because of the annoying 1v1 seeming like they were both convinced A F about their read.
Truth most likely town based on their early claim and feeling newb!town.
Cat Scratch Fever gut feeling town.
Popopo null.
Looker scumlean.

Rest of players are still null.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 322, Truth wrote:I like GuiltyLion's case and may follow him for a while. Let's vote the person so he feels more pressure when he comes back and then has to respond while being a little self-conscious.
I don't feel pressure from a case on me that's as bad as GuiltyLion's.

- Bunno
Candy Shop
Candy Shop
Townie
Candy Shop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Candy Shop »

In post 216, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 157, Candy Shop wrote:
In post 127, popopopopopopo wrote:i meant to quote the whole post there.
So in case of a lynch without any info, we're more likely to hit town than mafia. Accordingly, we have to get more info on scum from the lynch than the value of losing a player.

I'm sure that we're marginally more likely to hit mafia with this method on the first day than a completely random RNG lynch but that is not the test IMO.

The real test is whether the net information gained from the reactions of people from being pressured outweighs the high chance of a potential loss of a townie. When I say net information I also mean to include negative utility information for town such as the fact that the mafia knows of the existence of a masonry when it did not need to.

This logic works better the more investigative roles there are in the game though because the more there are the more it makes sense to wait for a night.

I haven't seen anything yet to lose a townie in a 13 player game so far.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
Where have you played forum mafia before?
Twoplustwo, which is a poker strategy forum. The games which used to be played there had about 15 people but mostly no vanilla townies so people either had night actions or in case of no night actions day powers.

So there would be info flowing from nearly every night which made it a good choice to NL without info.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:30 pm

In post 345, Candy Shop wrote:
In post 216, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 157, Candy Shop wrote:
In post 127, popopopopopopo wrote:i meant to quote the whole post there.
So in case of a lynch without any info, we're more likely to hit town than mafia. Accordingly, we have to get more info on scum from the lynch than the value of losing a player.

I'm sure that we're marginally more likely to hit mafia with this method on the first day than a completely random RNG lynch but that is not the test IMO.

The real test is whether the net information gained from the reactions of people from being pressured outweighs the high chance of a potential loss of a townie. When I say net information I also mean to include negative utility information for town such as the fact that the mafia knows of the existence of a masonry when it did not need to.

This logic works better the more investigative roles there are in the game though because the more there are the more it makes sense to wait for a night.

I haven't seen anything yet to lose a townie in a 13 player game so far.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
Where have you played forum mafia before?
Twoplustwo, which is a poker strategy forum. The games which used to be played there had about 15 people but mostly no vanilla townies so people either had night actions or in case of no night actions day powers.

So there would be info flowing from nearly every night which made it a good choice to NL without info.
2+2 DID run near vanilla setups sometimes if memory serves.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

GL's first post actually pinged me hard, but i held back on commenting it until i'd seen what he would be up to. Since i've clearly seen his bad intentions by now there's no point concealing it.
Making a "RVS" vote like that on a random familiar slot and then leaving without doing any solving is an archtypical scum entrance i've seen a couple times by this point. Especially on my home forum. I can't explain it well. But if GL flips scum i'm going to celebrate my ability to see right through shit like that.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Candy Shop
Do you have any people you read as town or scum? Even just a tiny bit of info about your thoughts right now would be fine.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 347, NorwegianboyEE wrote:GL's first post actually pinged me hard, but i held back on commenting it until i'd seen what he would be up to. Since i've clearly seen his bad intentions by now there's no point concealing it.
Making a "RVS" vote like that on a random familiar slot and then leaving without doing any solving is an archtypical scum entrance i've seen a couple times by this point. Especially on my home forum. I can't explain it well. But if GL flips scum i'm going to celebrate my ability to see right through shit like that.
Take a look at post for me crumbing that i would take this stance.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”