Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Battousai »

Btw, -insert question about power roles here- :)
That's it, your scum.... :P

Anyways, deadline is fast approaching less 5 days I think. So I'm willing to switch my vote to either Merc or CR to get a majority vote. I would really like to know everyone else's opinion. Also, I'm going to check and see if Malex has posted anywhere else recently.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Battousai »

EBWOP: Malex hasn't posted on this site since Jul 18th. He needs replaced as well as Zeal.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Gremwell »

there is no reason to prod all the players when half of them are in the conversation already.

I must say this last post is quite revealing. With the deadline I'll have to post my vote by this evening, and its starting to become a little more clear.

The point about you voting only Mirth CR, is it seems like an attempt to hold yourself above and apart from the group, you say you don't want to contribute to the death of a townie, well that's part of the game. Unless someone slips up big time you won't be 100% sure, and will you only vote then?

as a townie if my lynch will help the town win then I'm all for it, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Holding your nose in the air and expecting the rest of us to do the dirty work isn't contributing to the team.

Unless of course the reason is your scum and you think by not voting you'll keep your trail clean
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Battousai »

The problem with that last post, Grem, it's somewhat contradictory to D1. You admitted that the only reason you voted mega was self preservation. Where as if you are protown and not a powerrole, your lynch would have given us plenty of information based on your flip. This somewhat contradicts your recent post where you say (paraphrasing) it's ok to mislynch, it happens and it's part of the game. And you say if your lynch would help the town win your all for it. You had a chance to do that, yet you weren't for it. It's a lot different when your the one being lynched, huh?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Gremwell »

do you really think having lynched my yesterday would have us in a better situation today?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Battousai »

We don't know now do we. Like you said, we do get info from lynches. I'd probably have more suspicion on me if you were lynched, BUT scum could have jumped on the wagon as well.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Gremwell »

Battousai wrote:The problem with that last post, Grem, it's somewhat contradictory to D1. You admitted that the only reason you voted mega was self preservation. Where as if you are protown and not a powerrole, your lynch would have given us
plenty
of information based on your flip. This somewhat contradicts your recent post where you say (paraphrasing) it's ok to mislynch, it happens and it's part of the game. And you say if your lynch would help the town win your all for it.
You had a chance to do that
, yet you weren't for it. It's a lot different when your the one being lynched, huh?
I knew 2 things, I was town and mega could have been scum. So in my eyes it was the better trade. It's easy to say my lynch could have yielded "plenty" of information, you were pushing the hardest so if you think that suspicion on you would help the town, then it would have helped.
We don't know now do we. Like you said, we do get info from lynches. I'd probably have more suspicion on me if you were lynched, BUT scum
could
have jumped on the wagon as well.
once again, monkeys
could
fly out of my butt. I was talking about a case where a lynch would make a clear and definite town advantage. Also I wasn't suggesting lynching CR would do that, simply stating that we need all players giving 100%, and not voting a certain way because they're above mislynching.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Gremwell wrote:there is no reason to prod all the players when half of them are in the conversation already.

I must say this last post is quite revealing. With the deadline I'll have to post my vote by this evening, and its starting to become a little more clear.

The point about you voting only Mirth CR, is it seems like an attempt to hold yourself above and apart from the group, you say you don't want to contribute to the death of a townie, well that's part of the game. Unless someone slips up big time you won't be 100% sure, and will you only vote then?

as a townie if my lynch will help the town win then I'm all for it, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Holding your nose in the air and expecting the rest of us to do the dirty work isn't contributing to the team.

Unless of course the reason is your scum and you think by not voting you'll keep your trail clean
Thinking back on it, I really only said that because my main case was against Mirth at the time. I do agree that it would be a wasted vote and thus not helping the town at all. Please excuse that, I just really hate being part of mislynches unless I really believe the case is plausible.

I suppose Merc deserves a re-read, I'll see if I can find anything more definitive then him being wishy-washy on an attack.

:D But of course Batt. Too bad I'm not the doc in this game too, that would be a funny coincidence.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Hey Everyone,

My apologies for my absence. I was tricked into a spur of the moment trip to Las Vegas, and I was not able to bring my computer with me. I am sorry for disappearing as often as I have. I can understand how it can come across as both scummy and obnoxious, especially since this is now twice that I have disappeared close to a deadline. I will try my best to be active for the rest of the game. I realize that you guys must be running out of patience with me, but if you will grant me a little time, I will be grateful and try to post something of substance.

Thanks for your understanding, I am going to try and be less of a jerk.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:03 am

Post by mercdaemon »

Good to see you back! zeal's sig also seems to indicate she'll be back soon as well.

I'm going to
unvote
, because no matter now scummy I think Mirth is (which has diminished a bit I might add), with the claim I don't think there's any great chance of her being the lynch today.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Mirth »

mod: any chance yu can push the deadline back a bit until we're at full capacity? Pretty please?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Ok in case we don't get the extension I'm going to

Vote: merc

hopefully with malex back and zeal returning soon you won't even need my vote to make 4 for the deadline but in case you do, this is where I currently feel the most comfortable.

not trying to influence the lynch in any way, just have to vote with what I have at this point, I hope you all get something more substantial in the days to come.

Go Town!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Why are you voting Merc? It's helpful for everyone and especially the lynchee, that you give reasons for the vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Im more interested in why Grem thinks that his vote might be superfluous.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:56 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Five days from this post.

Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Battousai: 1 (zeal)
ClockworkRuse: 1 (Mirth)
mercdaemon: 1 (Gremwell)
zeal: 1 (Battousai)

I've extended the deadline slightly. Hopefully zeal will be back soon; everyone else picked up the previous prod. I'm back in the UK now, so I'll be more on top of things.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Re-read of Merc, as I feel it is necessary.

Posts regarding TSQ are starting to stand out, because even after an active player joined that game and gave their opinion, he continuelly attacked her with little logic.

I think I might have said this before but, I
REALLY
did not like the Mega lynch. You lynched a player based on the trolling actions of another IC, but this is where I start to feel worried and why I felt that Mega was lynched because she was suspicious of Mirth.

Merc wrote:Mega's vote on Mirth doesn't make any sense to me. With a looming deadline it really does stand out to vote for Mirth when nobody else has been doing so.
IIRC, Mega was barely given anytime to explain her vote and this says to me that Merc voted Mega with little reasoning other then 'Mirth is in danger!' And if that isn't his reasoning, it's a very opportunistic vote all the same.

:D @Mirth; [quote="Merc"I'll stand by what I wrote, for better or worse. Mirth, you appeared to be the most honest scumhunter in day 1. To me, that makes you a target for Mafia in the night. You didn't die? That means something to my opinion of the game. If it makes me scummy to say it then so be it.[/quot]

This is a wishy-washy statement?

Merc wrote: haven't really made up my mind on the truth of your claim. If it's true, then I've got nothing to worry about. If it's false then you're scum. It could go either way. At this moment, I'm reading what other people have had to say about it to give me a better idea. You've thrown all your cards on the table, some face up, some face down.
This says to me, I don't know what to think about your post and I'm waiting to be told what to think Definately something I don't like.

[quote"Merc"]Mirth: That's a nice story, and I know you've all been saying lurking isn't scummy and etc. But are you also telling me that you've never seen a lurker turn out to be scum? What bothered me about TSQ's play was that he seemed to clam up when attention was drawn back to him. Maybe that's just coincidental with whatever kept him away from the game, but the one word post at the end (his last one) seemed to me like he was ignoring the town's questions directed at him, and that bothered me. If I ignored questions you directed at me, would that bother you? [/quote]

I feel like this is really bad reasoning. 'There was the chance that TSQ was scum, so I am going to vote him and hope for the best!' Once again, I feel that this kind of bad logic played a part in Mega's lynch. And I just don't like it. If Merc was scum, it'd be way to easy for him to say 'Well, TSQ is obv. lurker! SCUM!'

Merc wrote: Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 pm Malex: It seemed to me that Batto's use of FoS is more of a play style thing. The only thing that really matters to the game is a vote, whereas Batto (IMO) uses FoS almost like a summary. Not the way I (plan to) play the game, but I don't really have too much of a problem with it.

AK47x2: Boo!
[quote="Merc] Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:46 pm
mercdaemon wrote:
Battousai wrote:In all honesty, I was only going to FOS Malex, then I noticed Grem didn't vote since then either. Must have missed Merc as well.
FOS: Merc
I find it amusing that you FOS me only after Mirth tells you to do so. Can you give the court your reasoning why you think I'm suspicious? I've already stated my opinion that Mirth's reasoning behind thinking I'm scum is flimsy approaching non-existent, but all she wants to do is keep going with the "I think Merc is scum line". Got anything else yourself?
Contradictory posts.

With this read-through, plus
some
of the reasoning of Mirth, I'm feeling a little bit better about a Merc lynch. Mostly for opportunistic voting. contradictory posts, and the Mega/TSQ lynch reasoning.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE, VOTE: CR

I was all willing to lynch Merc if my vote would mean lynch Merc or lynch no one as he is in my top 3.
CR wrote:Re-read of Merc, as I feel it is necessary.

Posts regarding TSQ are starting to stand out, because even after an active player joined that game and gave their opinion, he continuelly attacked her with little logic.
You say you reread merc. You obviously missed where he defended himself when he attacked Farside and his attacks. He said the reason he found the TSQ suspicious was not just because of him being inactive, but also his posts where he said "Hi" and not answering questions (I was suspicious of that as well, if TSQ had the time to say hi he could at least contribute at least a little bit).
CR wrote:I think I might have said this before but, I REALLY did not like the Mega lynch. You lynched a player based on the trolling actions of another IC, but this is where I start to feel worried and why I felt that Mega was lynched because she was suspicious of Mirth.
First off, what? Mega replaced a newbie. Second, Mega was lynched (at least from my stand point) because he refused to remove his vote off of Mirth. His vote was on Mirth because of the TSQ-Mirth exchange in the beginning, but got it BACKWARDS and should have voted Farside based on his logic, and for being active elsewhere and not in the game that was right at deadline. Lastly, why are you repeating the fact you didn't like a mislynch you were not apart of? To me it sounds like your distancing from the lynch and I just don't like it.
CR wrote:IIRC, Mega was barely given anytime to explain her vote and this says to me that Merc voted Mega with little reasoning other then 'Mirth is in danger!' And if that isn't his reasoning, it's a very opportunistic vote all the same.
Look at above quote concerning the Mega lynch.

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Merc wrote: Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 pm Malex: It seemed to me that Batto's use of FoS is more of a play style thing. The only thing that really matters to the game is a vote, whereas Batto (IMO) uses FoS almost like a summary. Not the way I (plan to) play the game, but I don't really have too much of a problem with it.

mercdaemon wrote:
Battousai wrote:In all honesty, I was only going to FOS Malex, then I noticed Grem didn't vote since then either. Must have missed Merc as well.
I find it amusing that you FOS me only after Mirth tells you to do so. Can you give the court your reasoning why you think I'm suspicious? I've already stated my opinion that Mirth's reasoning behind thinking I'm scum is flimsy approaching non-existent, but all she wants to do is keep going with the "I think Merc is scum line". Got anything else yourself?
Contradictory posts.
No, they are not. Not only are the quotes out of the context (3 days passed, my answers to his question ignored, and the two quotes not in sequence) but I think by themselves not to contradictory. He says my FOS's are like summaries, and my summary of him was that he was scummy. He asked why I thought he was scummy. Ya, I don't see the contradiction.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Battousai wrote:
UNVOTE, VOTE: CR

I was all willing to lynch Merc if my vote would mean lynch Merc or lynch no one as he is in my top 3.
CR wrote:Re-read of Merc, as I feel it is necessary.

You say you reread merc. You obviously missed where he defended himself when he attacked Farside and his attacks. He said the reason he found the TSQ suspicious was not just because of him being inactive, but also his posts where he said "Hi" and not answering questions (I was suspicious of that as well, if TSQ had the time to say hi he could at least contribute at least a little bit).
CR wrote:I think I might have said this before but, I REALLY did not like the Mega lynch. You lynched a player based on the trolling actions of another IC, but this is where I start to feel worried and why I felt that Mega was lynched because she was suspicious of Mirth.
First off, what? Mega replaced a newbie. Second, Mega was lynched (at least from my stand point) because he refused to remove his vote off of Mirth. His vote was on Mirth because of the TSQ-Mirth exchange in the beginning, but got it BACKWARDS and should have voted Farside based on his logic, and for being active elsewhere and not in the game that was right at deadline. Lastly, why are you repeating the fact you didn't like a mislynch you were not apart of? To me it sounds like your distancing from the lynch and I just don't like it.
CR wrote:IIRC, Mega was barely given anytime to explain her vote and this says to me that Merc voted Mega with little reasoning other then 'Mirth is in danger!' And if that isn't his reasoning, it's a very opportunistic vote all the same.
Look at above quote concerning the Mega lynch.

ClockworkRuse wrote:

mercdaemon wrote:
Contradictory posts.
No, they are not. Not only are the quotes out of the context (3 days passed, my answers to his question ignored, and the two quotes not in sequence) but I think by themselves not to contradictory. He says my FOS's are like summaries, and my summary of him was that he was scummy. He asked why I thought he was scummy. Ya, I don't see the contradiction.
This is what I get for just reading over Merc's posts. D:
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

EBWOP: It's late, I'll respond better tomorrow.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Mirth »

ClockworkRuse wrote: :D @Mirth; [quote="Merc"I'll stand by what I wrote, for better or worse. Mirth, you appeared to be the most honest scumhunter in day 1. To me, that makes you a target for Mafia in the night. You didn't die? That means something to my opinion of the game. If it makes me scummy to say it then so be it.[/quot]

This is a wishy-washy statement?
I was refering to this:
mercdaemon wrote:
Why are you asking Malex and myself specifically, Mirth? Are you looking to gather support for a quick lynch on Batt, do not pass day 2, do not collect 200 posts? Frankly I'm a bit surprised that you weren't killed in the night yourself.
He said he was surprised but didn't take a stance on it.

Speaking of opportunistic voting, nice use of it here, CR. Very nice. I think my vote will be staying here and rotting? Why? The complete 180 when it starts looking like you might be on the chopping block instead of Merc.

Batto: actually I was voting Mega because of Nahraza too. Nahraza left a scummy aftertaste what with the question dodging and all.

CR: no, that's what you get for opportunism.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

ClockworkRuse wrote:IIRC, Mega was barely given anytime to explain her vote and this says to me that Merc voted Mega with little reasoning other then 'Mirth is in danger!' And if that isn't his reasoning, it's a very opportunistic vote all the same.
I never voted for Mega.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 am

Post by zeal »

Hi everyone, I'm back from Japan. I'm extremely tired and jetlagged right now so I'll do a read through tomorrow and post my thoughts.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Alright everyone, first off let me say that it appears that most (all) of you think that I was reading too far into Batt's comments about Mirth. This is why I asked you all for you opinion, and I am willing to say that I most likely was just reading too far into the statements. I had already acknowledged that was a possibility, and that is why I never voted. I just finished a second read through starting on page 21, and I am going to answer the questions asked of me during my absence. First off there was just a general poll being asked to everyone to mention the people they found to be most scummy, and that latest time I was asked this was by Clockwork.
ClockworkRuse wrote:Malex, how have I stood out to you so far? What do you think of what I've said about Mirth? If I were to start a wagon on Mirth, what would your reaction be? Who do you find to be scum?
My problem with giving a list is that a) I should be suspicious of everyone, b) I am going to be accused a parroting other people that already made their lists c) I do not have my sus-list in any particular order. But with that said:

Clockwork
Gremwell
Battosai
Zeal

The reason for my suspicious of these people was already stated when I said that it is reasonable to assume that one if not more of the people in on the Mega lynch could end up being scum. I did not include Mirth because she is coming across to me as town and I am believing her Doctor Claim.

The last sentence ties into my suspicion of Clockwork though. He made a point of saying that I should never presume the doctor claim is true, but then goes on to say that without a counter-claim, it does not make sense to vote for the presumed doctor.

Post 546 directed to me: "I don't like that you call Mirth the 'presumed' doctor. I would have much preferred Claimed or something of the sort. Presumed to me says that you aren't that suspicious of him at all and you should be suspicious of everyone."

Post 583 @ Mirth: "That said, without a counter claim, you are the presumed doctor and should not be lynched."

I understand that you have already said that you are suspicious of Mirth, but with that said, you are contradicting yourself. Since I had said that I was going under the assumption that the claim was true (as everyone seems to be going by. That said, I am going to be so pissed if Mirth ends up being scum and played us all for newb-fools.) That is still a contradiction. You asked how you stood out to me, and that contradiction stands out to me.

As far as other people, I do not see enough to put a vote on anyone just yet (just have a general suspicion). I realize we are heading toward a deadline, so I will do my best to be more active for the rest of the game.

As a side note, Clockwork, what does IIRC mean?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

If I recall correctly.

Which it seems I didn't. :D
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Battousai »

CR: Where's your defense of my post? You said you would post about it better yesterday, but all you posted was what IIRC means.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”