Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Picking up the prod (sorry).
Grimmy wrote:My vote is not on you. It is on Iam. he is playing very anti-town with the OMGUS vote and the WIFOM arguements. So it is not a wasted lynch to get rid of someone who is not helping the town.
So are you voting him because you think he's scum, or because he's not helping the town?
remussaidow wrote:Since this is the scummiest that's happen so far today, its what my vote is based on for now.
You say it's "the scummiest", but how scummy do you actually think it is? On a scale from "not very scummy at all" to "extremely scummy", say?
Jex wrote:I don't think that IAM is a lyncher type role [...] but I don't think lynching him today will do any good since we don't know yet if yos is telling the truth or not.
Let's pretend it's tomorrow. Yos2 is gone (having won) and iamausername is still here. For simplicity's sake, let's say nobody was lynched and nobody killed at night, so everybody else is still around. What do you think of iamausername?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Battousai »

Grimmy wrote:
My vote is not on you. It is on Iam. he is playing very anti-town with the OMGUS vote and the WIFOM arguements. So it is not a wasted lynch to get rid of someone who is not helping the town.
Regardless of the correctness, anti-town =/= scum. Besides, Iam has provided much more insight/scum hunting into the game than you have.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe."

At this point, I'd say that the August 13 deadline is not going to be extended. Savvy?

The Forty-Fourth Vote Count (aka the "In the Name of the Moon!" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (3) - remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - Jex, Iamausername, Battousai
iamausername (2)

Not Voting (3): Cavebear with a toothache, Nocmen, Yosarian2

Votes required to lynch: 5

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1) - Battousai
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current and Probably Final Deadline:
~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, August 13, 2008.
Second Mod Deadline Review:
~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, August 6, 2008.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Battousai »

Deadline is approaching soon, and I'm keeping my vote on Grimmy. What about the three of you not voting? I know Yos could care less apparently, but I would expect nocmen and cavebear to come to a conclusion or at least speculate more. I know cavebear has asked a question of jex, who hasn't posted yet and he's probably waiting on that. But you both can still tell us who you think are probable scum. I'm guessing there is around 2 scum left and I think they are grimmy and rem right now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"What are you, stupid?"

Nocmen is being prodded and is receiving a Rules Infraction for Rule 15 violation.

The Forty-Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Trippy?" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (3) - remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
iamausername (2)

Not Voting (3): Cavebear with a toothache, Nocmen, Yosarian2

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

User out of ambit.

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Sorry about inactivity. Remus, you seem like you just want to make sure you are on a wagon. Alot of your posts are short and not really having that great of a point within them. You seem to want to go after certain people, but stay away from others a lot.

However, one thing stopping me from voting you is iam's role. I still think he is using this as a gambit to make sure that Yos is killed today. While I can not be certain about Yos's role, I can't trust the way he claimed it anyways.
Vote: Grimmy
(iam)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 am

Post by iamausername »

Nocmen, can you try rewording that, because I honestly have no idea why you're voting me.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Also, it occurs to me that it is in Yos's interest to hammer as soon as anyone reaches L-1, so nobody should put another vote on me or Grimmy unless they're fully prepared to see us dead.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Grimmy »

Check -in and a note

I have some Rl issues to deal wioth today, so I wont be able to contribute anything of signifigance.

I will check in again tomorrow, and should be able to play more.

Grimmy
his work computer went up in smoke friday (seriously), so today is catch up day for work
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 am

Post by remussaidow »

ok, back from v/la. Sorry for the total lack of access, I'll post when I catch up.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 am

Post by remussaidow »

um.... Noc- so far as I can tell, I've LED the wagon on Iam. I'm pushing for his lynch because I think he's acting anti-town. Tell me where I'm just trying to be on a bandwagon.
And while yes, anti town does not mean scum, it does mean- drumroll please- (*drum roll*)- ANTI FRIGGEN TOWN. That means that they want the town to lose. I'm not saying he's a neutral, like Yos is claiming. I'm saying he's anti frickin town. They are other factions in the game (mafia, not ness. mindscrew) then town and scum. For all we know we could have a cult on our hands- which, if we had one whose recruiter wasn't roleblocked, we're at lynch or lose soon. That's a hypothetical statement, so don't flip out at me for knowing stuff the town doesn't know. It's just an attempt to guess at the possibility of the setups.

Iam, post 457 is incredibly insightful, and I appreciate you pointing it out. I would have missed that fact myself. Thus, in order to reiterate the point, treat EVERYONE as though Yos' vote is already on them. Thank you.

To whomever stated that my posts haven't been very long, well. My posts aren't usually very long. I say what I mean to say and post. I don't put paragraph upon paragraph of mindless fluff into it, because theres no reason to. This one, because I've been away for a while and there are points for me to address, is by consequence longer. See how the system works?

Also, on the off chance that Iam flip town (scale of 1-10, 1 being town and scum (read anti-town faction) being 10, I put him at an 8 for the argument that I've been saying all "day") My first suspect will be Grimmy, and I would expect myself to be up on the lists of many of you.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Battousai »

anti-town actions are not always made by mafia or a faction that wants the town to lose. It can apply to moves, made by townies, that harm the town (of course the person who did the move would have thought that it would have helped). In actuallity, I use the term anti-town to imply it was a bad move and call all factions that want the town to lose as scum, but that's just me.

On another note, if no one changes their minds, then it appears Cavebear gets to decide between Iam and grimmy. I would really like jex to answer Cavebear's questions so we can get more from Cavebear on who he thinks is most likely scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 am

And while yes, anti town does not mean scum, it does mean- drumroll please- (*drum roll*)- ANTI FRIGGEN TOWN. That means that they want the town to lose.
There's a difference between anti-town acts and anti-town alignment. Anyone can, intentionally or not, do something stupid and/or anti-town. I know I have; I'd be surprised if there's someone who's never acted a bit too rash or without grasping the whole picture.
remussaidow wrote: For all we know we could have a cult on our hands- which, if we had one whose recruiter wasn't roleblocked, we're at lynch or lose soon.
I actually strongly dislike this statement. There's nothing to suggest cults (that I've seen anyway) and it serves little purpose but to stress us into possibly making hasty decisions about lynching. In short, it's anti-town.
remussaidow wrote:Also, on the off chance that Iam flip town (scale of 1-10, 1 being town and scum (read anti-town faction) being 10, I put him at an 8 for the argument that I've been saying all "day") My first suspect will be Grimmy, and I would expect myself to be up on the lists of many of you.
Because you think he didn't have knowledge of the standard win condition you think he's scummy to the value of 8 on a scale from 1 to 10? The same win condition he was building his "lynch Yos2!" case on? The one Yos2, who apparently DOESN'T have that same win condition, referred to (implicating that non-town faction have access to or at the very least can figure out the town win condition - not that figuring out the town win condition usually is very hard)? That's a huge reach. I also don't like how you tried to set up the next lynch target for tomorrow "in case you're wrong". Not to mention that you seem very confident that you'll actually be here tomorrow.
Battousai wrote:On another note, if no one changes their minds, then it appears Cavebear gets to decide between Iam and grimmy. I would really like jex to answer Cavebear's questions so we can get more from Cavebear on who he thinks is most likely scum.
I'm not particularily thrilled by the idea of choosing between those two right now. The one person I think is most likely to be scum/is acting scummiest at this point is remussaidow. Thus:
Vote: remussaidow
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by remussaidow »

and if you note, I also peg myself as a likely target. Yes, I fully expect myself to be alive tomorrow IF IAM DIES, as that is the condition for the target naming. All I said was that if I'm wrong myself and Grimmy are looking incredibly scummy. Its a simple, true statement.

And no, its not just because I feel that he misunderstood/ misinterpreted the town's win condition. It's because he pushed for a lynch that should never have come up until tomorrow. And its also because he fought against my solitary vote as though it were the one putting him at lynch -one. If it were me being accused in that situation, as town I wouldn't mind the one or two votes based off of this apparent evidence. Its the fact that he tried to fight, continuously, the same point, when it had to be obvious that I wasn't changing MY opinion on the matter, that my vote stays upon him firmly.

Also, cavebear, great job on cutting up my statement so you only show the part that you want everyone else to read. I proposed a hypothetical situation of an anti-town faction that was not scum aligned either. You repeated it, in quotes, yet ignored the point where I called it hypothetical.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Cavebear, you do realize that voting for remus doesn't actually vote for remus, right?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Why does a first year high schooler like me have to deal with such philosophical questions like whether the world exists or not? Those aren't things I should be thinking about. Please, don't add to my troubles anymore."

Grimmy and remussaidow's temporary V/LA status and lack thereof, respectively, have been noted.

The Forty-Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Hey, Where's the Mod Watch? It Was Amusing Me." Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0) - Cavebear with a toothache
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (3) - remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Nocmen
Jex (0)
Nocmen (1)
iamausername (3)

Not Voting (1): Yosarian2

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, August 6, 2008.[/quote]
User out of ambit.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Battousai »

rem wrote:That's a hypothetical statement, so don't flip out at me for knowing stuff the town doesn't know. It's just an attempt to guess at the possibility of the setups.
Is this the what cavebear "cut out".
Cavebear wrote:There's nothing to suggest cults (that I've seen anyway) and it serves little purpose but to stress us into possibly making hasty decisions about lynching. In short, it's anti-town.
Because Cavebear is just saying guessing that there's a cult is why he didn't like that statement. How about if I said, "Hypothetically, there could be 3 jesters in the game so we need to watch who we lynch."? That's basically what you said, but with a cult. Both statements are anti-town, so by your standards I should lynch you right now. But combined with my earlier feelings concerning mass nameclaiming and your unfounded vote on Iam. I'm going to vote you.

UNVOTE, VOTE: Iamausername
(rem)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:10 pm

remussaidow wrote:and if you note, I also peg myself as a likely target. Yes, I fully expect myself to be alive tomorrow IF IAM DIES, as that is the condition for the target naming. All I said was that if I'm wrong myself and Grimmy are looking incredibly scummy. Its a simple, true statement.
Grimmy is looking reasonably scummy, sure. However, a) you're not voting Grimmy, you're voting iamausername (despite you apparently thinking Grimmy is looking "incredibly scummy"... but ok, this is the hypothetical case where we lynch iam and he's not scum, correct?) and b) it's not the truthiness of the statement that really matters in this case, it's the fact that you're setting up a chain lynch. What you're essentially saying is that if you're wrong, we should lynch Grimmy, not you.
And no, its not just because I feel that he misunderstood/ misinterpreted the town's win condition. It's because he pushed for a lynch that should never have come up until tomorrow. And its also because he fought against my solitary vote as though it were the one putting him at lynch -one. If it were me being accused in that situation, as town I wouldn't mind the one or two votes based off of this apparent evidence. Its the fact that he tried to fight, continuously, the same point, when it had to be obvious that I wasn't changing MY opinion on the matter, that my vote stays upon him firmly.
Well, he did abandon that Yos2-wagon pretty quickly. So it's his over-eager defense of himself that you find anti-town?
Also, cavebear, great job on cutting up my statement so you only show the part that you want everyone else to read. I proposed a hypothetical situation of an anti-town faction that was not scum aligned either. You repeated it, in quotes, yet ignored the point where I called it hypothetical.
This doesn't really change the fact that the statement even as a whole was anti-town. Speculating can be fun, but it didn't accomplish anything except instill a feeling of stress that we might be at LYLO any second. Still, if you feel yourself treated unfairly or misquoted, I apologize. I loathe being misquoted myself. I usually quote what I feel is the relevant part of posts (instead of eg bolding), assuming that people read everything and can go back to check the surrounding text, but maybe I cut a bit carelessly.
Nocmen wrote:Cavebear, you do realize that voting for remus doesn't actually vote for remus, right?
D'oh. Thanks.
Unvote, vote: iamausername
(->remus)
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by remussaidow »

as a matter of fact Batt, the only difference between your triple jester statement and my cult statement is the likeliness of it happening.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

If you guys want me to hammer someone, let me know; I don't really care
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by remussaidow »

we figured that out already yos- you, as the survivor, have it in your best interests to hammer anyone at all.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Battousai »

remussaidow wrote:as a matter of fact Batt, the only difference between your triple jester statement and my cult statement is the likeliness of it happening.
I see no difference. Where in this thread has anyone, mod included, suggested something that would mean there were 3 jesters OR a cult? So therefore, it's just as likely IN THIS GAME.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:23 am

Post by iamausername »

remussaidow wrote:It's because he pushed for a lynch that should never have come up until tomorrow.
If my concern had been reasonable, then waiting for tomorrow would not have been an option.
remussaidow wrote:And its also because he fought against my solitary vote as though it were the one putting him at lynch -one. If it were me being accused in that situation, as town I wouldn't mind the one or two votes based off of this apparent evidence. Its the fact that he tried to fight, continuously, the same point, when it had to be obvious that I wasn't changing MY opinion on the matter, that my vote stays upon him firmly.
DEFENDING YOURSELF IS NOT A SCUMTELL. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.

I mean, seriously, you just did exactly this in response to Cavebear's single vote. If someone has misunderstood me, of course I'm going to try to clear up that misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure you would do the same. It doesn't have any relation to alignment.

I'm not voting remus here, because I still don't believe him to be scum. I think he's a townie who's just being stubborn and refusing to give up on a case that's been pretty well proven to be bad. If he is scum, he's done a far, far better job of acting like he honestly believes in the case against me than either Grimmy or Nocmen.

P.S. Still hoping for that clarification, Nocmen.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:51 am

Post by remussaidow »

how many posts did I respond to cavebear with? if he comes at me with the same argument, he gets no more defense from me.

Also, its in response to Bat's vote as well, since I had no time to defend myself in between those votes.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."

The Forty-Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Three Jesters and a Cult? Don't Give the Mod Ideas." Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (2)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (2) - remussaidow, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Nocmen
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - Jex, Iamausername
iamausername (3) - Battousai, Cavebear with a toothache

Not Voting (1): Yosarian2

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Jex (0) - Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”