Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:23 am

Post by Fuldu »

Bandwagoning to repeated claims on Day One has had more negative effects than positive ones, in my experience. I claimed to be pro-town, which is as much as is necessary for me to help the town at this point. I don't have a powerful role, and there's insufficient information out for you to compare my claim to others to decide whether you believe me. Claiming would have served no purpose. My estimation is that it's better for me to be lynched in a situation where people had to give bad reasons for voting than for the bandwagon to move on to and force out someone with a powerful role.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:02 am

Post by Mgm »

That wasn't just my count, Nanook. I read the 5 of 8 from Willow's a few posts back and counted along.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:32 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

from what I can see Fuldu is at 6 votes-

I counted Lulu, TSS, Talitha, Wacky, Flying Dutchman and Nanook on the vote right now--

the last vote count had myself and Ralph on the vote and neither of us cast a vote for Fuldu.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:37 am

Post by willows_weep »

Someone had said they had a vote but it hadnt gotten counted?
Oh, that was ralph, and ok Ralph didnt vote for Fuldu.
Hm, oki
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm confused. Is Fuldu dead or not?

unvote: Fuldu

I might be gullible, but I identify with what he's saying.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

vote: Flying Dutchman
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

It looks like I had both ralph and PB incorrectly on Fuldu but tss incorrectly off in the last count, so Nanook's vote took him to six. I apologize for the inconvenience and such; I didn't have time to get on for a few days.

Vote Count

Fuldu- 5 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)
PeaceBringer- 2 (willows_weep, Fuldu)
Wacky- 1 (Mgm)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (6)- Fishbulb, ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons, Silgado106

8 to lynch.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:11 pm

Post by Mgm »

I've given it time, and Fuldu still hasn't come up with an explanation for his inconsistent behavior between town and village days.

Vote:Fuldu
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:28 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I did explain that I don't think it's inconsistent behavior. If this isn't what you're talking about, then you're going to have to explain it to me better than "[my] inconsistent behavior" in order for me to respond.
Fuldu wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:PB, I would think you would have realized by now that the reason you get bandwagoned in every game you play is because your style of play looks scummy.
I assume this is what you're referencing regarding my reasoning in the other game? I don't consider them inconsistent at all. If I think that PB always looks scummy, that suggests that I don't have a very good read on him, given that he isn't always scum. Wacky, on the other hand, has a style of play that I recognize and that I feel (rightly or wrongly) I would be better able to detect scummy deviations from. If I don't have enough information for a solid lead on anyone right now, I'd rather keep the players I think I'm more likely to be able to figure out than the ones who are a complete mystery.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

For some reason I thought that it was 6 to lynch ... This would be the reason why I said that Fuldu was dead.

The reason I'm voting Fuldu is because I've noticed that when people say in games that they are not going to roleclaim when they are so close to a lynch are usually scum.

If you are pro town then what's the deal? Especially when you say that your role isn't that important. I'm just confused at the logic I guess.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I'm happy with my vote on Fuldu, saying his role isn't that important makes me think we should take the gamble and hope he's scum......
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:44 am

Post by willows_weep »

Talitha, did I miss something you may have said on another page?
Why do you switch your vote to FD?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:59 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

NanookTheWolf wrote:The reason I'm voting Fuldu is because I've noticed that when people say in games that they are not going to roleclaim when they are so close to a lynch are usually scum.
I don't know about usually, but last time I saw somebody refuse to roleclaim despite being so close to a lynch, that person turned out to be a doctor. Dichotomafia, Town Day 1, remember it?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:11 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Peacebringer is still alive, do you mean Talitha? ... I think that even if she did claim doctor she may have still been lynched, just because of MMCL's "results". I've seen it in other games, I know on the GL in the South Park game I modded over there Dragon Phoenix did the same thing. There was another game I was in that I saw it, but that was when I first started playing, so I can't remember off the top of my head which one.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:17 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, I think RalphM. is using Talitha as a current example because of this part of your other post Nanook:

[quote]not going to roleclaim when they are so close to a lynch are usually scum[/b]

I do know of more examples from my experience, but since Ralphs example is 'better' in obvious respects, those details don't matter really.

I'm saying these things because my response to your previous post, was to think about my experiences, where people who refuse to roleclaim have been town more than scum (which only counters the connotation of your 'usually')

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm in two minds because I'm usually of the school of thought that if someone claims townie, you lynch them and get it over with. Fuldu hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but has hinted about his role. I don't like lynching someone who I think is probably town, but sometimes it's a good play.

But in the meantime while I'm thinking about this, I noticed that Flying Dutchman has been simply following the current bandwagons, so I thought I'd give him some attention.

To everyone, please don't claim unless things get desperate. Even if someone is one vote away from a lynch we can unvote and move on. But if you've claimed, there's no taking it back.

To make this easier, if anyone is considering putting a lynching vote on someone, they should give notice of it, so the player has a chance to claim if they have an important role (eg. cop).
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 am

Post by the silent speaker »

That's pretty dangerous, Talitha. Sometimes someone will miscount and think they're putting someone one off when in fact they're lynching him, and sometimes the mafia will lynch and claim they miscounted and thought they were putting someone one off.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:44 am

Post by Talitha »

Well putting someone one away from a lynch is considered trying to lynch them, and should be given notice of as well then.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:45 pm

Post by silgado106 »

I agree with Talitha. Many times towns lose important roles because people don't give them time to claim.

About Fuldu, I'm not sure what to think about since he says he doesn't have a useful role. If it's not useful, you could claim then right? Unfortunately I understand what he means about getting bandwaggoned for bad reasons. And if he does end up being pro-town and he claims, we of course end up helping mafia.
Unfortunately, I am always a curious person, and the thought of hearing a claim alway interests me.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

right now I am inclined to believe fuldu and don't want to vote that way unless folks decide that he becomes the safest lynch for the day and we get more village information from the roles-

I have no idea of another direction to go, folks are really keeping quiet in the town side.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

silgado106 wrote:Unfortunately, I am always a curious person, and the thought of hearing a claim alway interests me.
Me too.

But onto other things:

I would have put a vote on Fuldu. So to warn everyone, I'm close to voting Fuldu.

I see it as win-win with one small flaw.

If he's a town role that's weak, he's right, if we lynch him, we keep ourselves from rabidly outing an important role.

If he's skum and he's trying to escape by claiming "I'm a weak pro-town role, ignore me."

I'm not really worried about the flaw right now, because I doubt that it's the case.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yeah I don't really know where to go from here. Do you think Fuldu would really be so unworried about his own demise if he were scum? It
could
all be an act I guess... but quite a gamble...

Fishbulb, lulu, Nanook & MMCL, in particular, strike me as being conspicuously quiet.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:40 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

actually the whole werewolf side has been extremely quiet compared to the town. Not sure what the dynamic is but there has been very little happening over here.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:17 pm

Post by Wacky »

Do you think Fuldu would really be so unworried about his own demise if he were scum? It could all be an act I guess... but quite a gamble...
It isn't exactly original for mafia to do that - they've been unworried about their demise many time before, and will be many times again.

I just think that if he was town, he'd be *more * worried, but then again, I could be wrong.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:16 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm worried, but I don't see where there's a great deal more that I can do to defend myself. I've tried to respond to all the specific complaints and concerns that people have made regarding my behavior and some are still suspicious. I could claim, and one of two things would happen. Either I wouldn't be believed and I'd still be lynched, or I would be believed and the bandwagon would move on to someone else. But my having claimed sets a precedent for Day One that I don't think is good. Instead, I simply claim to be pro-town and both the above two possibilities still hold. Plus, if the bandwagon does move on to someone else (as I'm still hoping it will), they aren't going to be under as much pressure to claim. If they turn out to be a cop, all the better that they don't have to claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”