New Rule: Replace the Word "Lynch" in Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 318, Enter wrote:
In post 309, AniX wrote:Can you direct me to where I suggested any arguments on behalf of anyone else? I suggested that there were some people who were bent out of shape and to some degree angry and upset. I don't believe giving my impression of someone's state of mind quite rises to the level of a scarecrow. I didn't even name anyone, so if you are discussing it without being bent out of shape, angry, or upset...it doesn't apply to you?
In post 310, AniX wrote:Unless you believe I was legitimately suggesting that some people in this thread are motivated solely by their professional attachment to their dictionary work?
I don't think anyone is upset because they can't use the word lynch.
You sure seem to be extremely upset about it.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 350, Enter wrote:If you're intending on banning me, here's a good last post for you:

I'm a member of the site because I enjoy playing mafia and I have friends here. I expect people who are in situations they disagree with to bring up their discontent and if it becomes obvious they are in a situation they cannot change, they should leave such a place. I have lived such behavior when I encountered unfathomably toxic mindsets in the Speakeasy and other parts of the site. It is apparent I am involved in such a situation again, so I will not be a game moderator given the petty censorship of site administration of game moderators. For this reason I intend to moderate no games. It doesn't matter what word or phrase the site decided it's game moderators could not use, and regardless of whether or not I was planning on using it anyways, I won't put myself in situations where I have to deal with people like that.
You are throwing a hissy fit because you are no longer allowed to use a word with a lot of racist, hurtful history behind it. Honestly says a lot about you.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 374, Enter wrote:
In post 366, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 350, Enter wrote:If you're intending on banning me, here's a good last post for you:

I'm a member of the site because I enjoy playing mafia and I have friends here. I expect people who are in situations they disagree with to bring up their discontent and if it becomes obvious they are in a situation they cannot change, they should leave such a place. I have lived such behavior when I encountered unfathomably toxic mindsets in the Speakeasy and other parts of the site. It is apparent I am involved in such a situation again, so I will not be a game moderator given the petty censorship of site administration of game moderators. For this reason I intend to moderate no games. It doesn't matter what word or phrase the site decided it's game moderators could not use, and regardless of whether or not I was planning on using it anyways, I won't put myself in situations where I have to deal with people like that.
You are throwing a hissy fit because you are no longer allowed to use a word with a lot of racist, hurtful history behind it. Honestly says a lot about you.
No, I'm not.
You cancelled a game because you can't use a racist word.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Imagine actually using sepia
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 531, Alisae wrote:okay hear me out
what if
I want to play a game of mafia
and not have to have politics shoved down my throat
because when I want to play mafia
I want to escape from the real world political drama
Being asked to not use a word that has racist connotations is not "having politics shoved down your throat."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 524, chamber wrote:
In post 519, AniX wrote:you have to understand they aren't racist
This thread wants to prove you wrong.
It's pretty eye opening
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 565, Alisae wrote:Let's be real here.
If we actually cared about this, people would have persued asking site administration to make this change a long time ago.
In fact, Lycan did that and I just remembered that that thread even existed.

If people cared, they would have said something.
Holy shit this is such a dumb post. Yes..this change probably should have happened a long time ago. For the record, I'm guilty of this. I didn't realize how uncomfortable that word can be for some people. But now I do. And if there is even one person who is on this site or who might join this site that is repulsed by our use of that word (ftr, looking back, its disgusting that we used it in the first place) then that's enough to have people stop using it.

If you're enjoyment of mafia is so entrenched is the usage of the word "lynch," then honestly just leave this website. At best you are willfully ignorant even after people are trying to explain things to you.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 611, MariaR wrote:This is not a thread to attack people or their stances on the matter. If you have such strong grievances with a post or a user please use the report function. This thread is open for explanation and tame discussion. Let's keep it that way.
Calling people out for their racist beliefs is not attacking people.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 618, MariaR wrote:
In post 614, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 611, MariaR wrote:This is not a thread to attack people or their stances on the matter. If you have such strong grievances with a post or a user please use the report function. This thread is open for explanation and tame discussion. Let's keep it that way.
If you believe someone has racist beliefs or is showing them please use the report function. Do not handle the issue here.
Why can we, as a community, not publicly call out racists? Do we actually want them to be in this community?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 637, MariaR wrote:
In post 630, AniX wrote:
In post 628, MariaR wrote:
In post 620, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 618, MariaR wrote:
In post 614, scotmany12 wrote:
If you believe someone has racist beliefs or is showing them please use the report function. Do not handle the issue here.
Why can we, as a community, not publicly call out racists? Do we actually want them to be in this community?
Just because someone has a diffrent opinion does not make them racist, nor does anyone want a racist here. But considering this is a sensitive case just calling someone a racist/making the assumption in the thread is the wrong way to go about it.
Which is all the more reason for a discussion to happen about whether their argument that seems racist actually is, rather than simply reporting them.
I'm not arguing against that as long as we're not calling the user in question a racist so loosely. If we're going to make a serious conversation the words you're saying should match it. Calling someone racist is a very serious remark.
This conversation is literally centered around a racist word
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 641, xRECKONERx wrote:also imagine thinking this is just about some stupid forum game at this point? like come on.

also i have not implied anybody is racist. not one of my posts. read better tbh.
Just want to say...I have implied at least two people are racist
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I am a white, straight male. I have never experienced any type of racism or prejudice. I am privileged.

I don't think we, as a community, should just simply report posts we see as racists. We should call them out publicly.

If someone is hiding behind "free speech" or "culture" as a reason for allowing lynching to still be allowed in this site, you are using that as an excuse for you true agenda. Instead, you are racist.

If you, as a mod, think what I said was just wrong, then please ban me. You are part of the problem and should not be allowed to mod this site.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 725, Nero Cain wrote:like "lynch" basically gets the swastika treatment. It was a Hindu symbol with no negative connotations to until Hitler abused it and ruined it for us all. Lynch is the same way, its just vig "justice" without a trail but the KKK ruined it so yea...
And you shouldn't use a swastika at all anymore.....bruh
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

So why do you have a huge fucking problem with this
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 713, DoctorPepper wrote:Expecting a lot of bans from this post TBH.
Hopefully only the racist ones
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 732, Nero Cain wrote:I think a lot of people are kinda missing my point but oh well
Here. I'll throw you one. What is your point?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 740, Umlaut wrote:Kind of seems like people are imputing opinions to Nero that he hasn't expressed, because he had a quibble regarding the details of the word's historical origin
It's almost like he shouldn't have had a quibble like that in the first place
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 746, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 741, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 740, Umlaut wrote:Kind of seems like people are imputing opinions to Nero that he hasn't expressed, because he had a quibble regarding the details of the word's historical origin
It's almost like he shouldn't have had a quibble like that in the first place
yes, lest just erase history. :facepalm:
Bruh
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Up to 3 people I am now insinuating as racist
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 751, Porkens wrote:You know what it says in the encyclopedia about Brazil? Here’s Wikipédia:

Brazil was inhabited by numerous tribal nations prior to the landing in 1500 of explorer Pedro Álvares Cabral, who claimed the area for the Portuguese Empire. Brazil remained a Portuguese colony until 1808, when the capital of the empire was transferred from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro. In 1815, the colony was elevated to the rank of kingdom upon the formation of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves. Independence was achieved in 1822 with the creation of the Empire of Brazil, a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system. The ratification of the first constitution in 1824 led to the formation of a bicameral legislature, now called the National Congress. The country became a presidential republic in 1889 following a military coup d'état. An authoritarian military junta came to power in 1964 and ruled until 1985, after which civilian governance resumed. Brazil's current constitution, formulated in 1988, defines it as a democratic federal republic.[17] Due to its rich culture and history, the country ranks thirteenth in the world by number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.[18]

Do you see the problem with history?
What a fucking fantastic post
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Not sarcastic btw
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 766, AniX wrote:
In post 761, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 749, scotmany12 wrote:Up to 3 people I am now insinuating as racist
Well they shouldn’t be fuckin racist.
We are all the fuckin same thing.
And no one should be fuckin offended by stuff that isn’t actually racist.
Just because you can find something that can make the “term” appear to be racist doesn’t mean it is.
He's talking about you, bud.
Well he wasn't actually included cause i just assumed they are and edgy 14 year old troll but sure include them too.

At least 4 people. At least.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 753, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 651, Lycanfire wrote:It comes from "lynch law" which was vigilante justice carried out against blacks
I think this was absolutely false.

Like I certainly understand that
NOW
lynches are so synomunus with the KKK lynching black people but that's not where the term started and that's what I had an issue with.
Seriously though. What is your point? What you are trying to accomplish with your "but actually" bullshit right now?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Imagine thinking lynching only means hanging someone (we should also not use hang though)
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 784, AniX wrote:Words evolve. That we now call the thing that moves a cursor on the computer a mouse is highly relevant, despite the original definition being a small rodent. In this case, it evolves to a very specific, very racial definition that came so pervasive in the United States it hasn't simply existed alongside the generic definition but all but replaced it.
How dare you erase the history of mice
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 790, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 779, AniX wrote:
In post 775, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 765, Ythan wrote:
In post 761, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Just because you can find something that can make the “term” appear to be racist doesn’t mean it is.
Are those quotes meant to imply that lynch isn't actually a term.
The term lynch fuckin means executing someone.
That’s fuckin it.
Like I’m the Cowboy times the sheriff would tie a knot in the rope and hang bad guys for their wrong doings.
Just because other events happened using that is irrelevant.
Anyone can be hanged. It’s not limited to any specific individual.
Why is the other events that have come to replace the original definition with a more specific race-based definition in the United States irrelevant?
Because it can happen to
ANYONE
and that’s my point!
As such, you might as well ban everything.
Let's just clarify this right now. Do you think it is okay to just casually use the word lynch?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 795, Ythan wrote:I apologize in advance: technically "Brazil" didn't exist before the arrival of Europeans.

That being said Pork everything you just posted is much more relevant than this quibble.
What a fucking fantastic post
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 798, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 793, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 790, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 779, AniX wrote:
In post 775, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 765, Ythan wrote:
In post 761, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Just because you can find something that can make the “term” appear to be racist doesn’t mean it is.
Are those quotes meant to imply that lynch isn't actually a term.
The term lynch fuckin means executing someone.
That’s fuckin it.
Like I’m the Cowboy times the sheriff would tie a knot in the rope and hang bad guys for their wrong doings.
Just because other events happened using that is irrelevant.
Anyone can be hanged. It’s not limited to any specific individual.
Why is the other events that have come to replace the original definition with a more specific race-based definition in the United States irrelevant?
Because it can happen to
ANYONE
and that’s my point!
As such, you might as well ban everything.
Let's just clarify this right now. Do you think it is okay to just casually use the word lynch?
Yes.
And any word you want to use to indicate someone is being killed.
It doesn’t matter. It’s the same thing.
You, sir, are a racist
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 809, Nero Cain wrote:
idk, history matters or some such. There really shouldn't be this much backlash over me just correcting Lycan. I'm glad I did though b/c I found some truly discussing people.
As far as I can tell, your first two posts in this thread were defending people who still wanted to use this word. You then tried to derail this thread into a history lesson that totally misses the point. Yeah. Says a lot about you.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 818, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 806, Ythan wrote:
In post 794, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well everything that’s bad.
Can’t wait till Murder becomes racist lol.
Wonder if by then people will realize they are over reacting and aren’t actually understanding the point of what “Racism” actually means
Man the confidence of idiots.
I’ll wait till you read this in a thousand years time in multiple other lifetimes.

Your post would then change to.

“Man the people including me at that time weren’t as knowledgeably developed as I am now. Is TSE some kind of astronomical accident?”
The answer is maybe. Btw.

Now this is my last post.
GN all
You compared a kitchen sink to lynching

Kindly fuck off
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 821, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 799, Aristophanes wrote:It is.

I'm just saying, like, there's a time and a place.

Read the room.
If someone comes in and goes "oh hey guys, lynchings was about blaq punishment!" despite the fact that it was first used against tories in the revolutionary war. So yes, it's a perfect fucking time to correct him. And I absolutely should not be getting flack for it.
Missing the fucking point again
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 831, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 814, scotmany12 wrote:As far as I can tell,
then you can't read very well
In post 600, Nero Cain wrote:I'm curious, who here is actually offended by the word "lynch"?
null question
In post 441, Nero Cain wrote:lynch is just death without a trial. I don't think the word itself is racist but I can certainly understand how history has given the word lynch a racist connotation. Also its just a game guys.
here I state that I don't believe that the word is racist but I said that I understood why people may not like the word. Neither of these were "fighting against" the rule change or anything like that.
In post 814, scotmany12 wrote:defending people
who am I defending?

fuck off with you white guilt
The word is racist. Stop acting like it isn't. Thanks for showing your true colors btw.

And I'm sorry, it wasn't your first two posts. Just two that caught my eye. I sincerely apologize for using the wrong number. Yes, I am being sarcastic.
In post 621, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 607, Aristophanes wrote:I'm curious, does this actually matter?
kinda? like its "our" site for "us". In my mind, it would make
A LOT
more sense if the reason for the rule change is that the majority of the players actually didn't want the word lynch to be used. I also think that most players know that when we say "we want to lynch you" or "X has been lynched d1" our intent isn't racist. And I was just curious so eh?
In post 607, Aristophanes wrote:So who are people fighting this?
no one is? And if anyone was it's not gonna have any (or very little effect) I mean, I guess you could argue that Alysaa and ABR are fighting it but mods are gonna do what mods are gonna want.
In post 647, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 635, AniX wrote:Jam, for definite.
but that's not who Scott was talking about.
In post 636, Aristophanes wrote:not have the potential of alienation of users
but by removing the term "lynch" we've already lost ABR and potentially Alyssa.
No one should be upset that we lost ABR and (i'm assuming) Alisae. They have made their points perfectly clear. And you shouldn't even worry about the intent behind the word. It's a racist word. We as a website need to stop using it. Everyone. Not just mods.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 834, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 830, xRECKONERx wrote:imagine getting this mad over a singular word change in a fucking forum online mafia game that doesnt matter
I'm not mad. Is TSE mad? ABR was deff mad and Alyssa might be mad. The people that seemed to be getting mad are you, scot and Ari and ythan.
Sorry. I get mad at racists. Definitely a personality flaw from me. I should allow them to just spread their hate.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Just use voted out
Last edited by scotmany12 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

It is so fucking easy
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

It's a mafia game. No one here is writing an 800 page novel about racial struggles. Flavor really shouldn't matter that much.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 844, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 836, Kerset wrote:So it is fine to roleplay as mafia but it is not fine to roleplay public executions? We are talking here about organized crime, which is associated with sex slavery, distribution of drugs and illegal guns or assassinations. At this point i could replace lynch with slaughter and people would find it more appropriate...
you're right, good job, people would find it way more tolerable

you caught on quicker than most of this thread
We should totally change our name to WerewolfRiffRaff though
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 857, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 838, scotmany12 wrote:The word is racist. Stop acting like it isn't. Thanks for showing your true colors btw.
holy shit it's not. It0 just means mob violence without a trial. I'm acknowledging that b/c of the way lynches have been used I can understand why it would offend and upset someone. If you need to call me racist b/c I have a different opinion than you, fine.
Okay. You're racist.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 859, Nexus wrote:Hey, US people, go to bed and get some sleep.
Not wrong. I really should get some sleep..
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:46 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 1075, Creature wrote:
In post 1069, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And any argument that we should somehow keep using a word that will harmful just because we have used it for so long is the same as saying it is okay to glorify a racist with a statue or name a military base after a confederate general.

Just because it is history doesn't mean we should glorify it with public use.
No one wants to glorify a word, we just want to keep using it as it is the most practical.
This is some real "but my southern heritage" bullshit
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:49 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 1129, Alisae wrote:
In post 1124, brassherald wrote:
In post 1121, Alisae wrote:LLD, is it okay to gun down people in the streets if you think racist?
Yeah, the racists are the ones getting gunned down in the streets right now...
Yeah, I need to get out of this country if I care about my human rights. This is about to become a facist shithole soon.
Oh nooooo. People are asking you to stop using a racist term on a website. Your poor poor rights
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 1158, brassherald wrote:
In post 1155, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 1129, Alisae wrote:
In post 1124, brassherald wrote:
In post 1121, Alisae wrote:LLD, is it okay to gun down people in the streets if you think racist?
Yeah, the racists are the ones getting gunned down in the streets right now...
Yeah, I need to get out of this country if I care about my human rights. This is about to become a facist shithole soon.
Oh nooooo. People are asking you to stop using a racist term on a website. Your poor poor rights
Next thing you know, people are going to start asking you not to burn crosses on people's lawns despite your burning love of Jesus.
How fucking dare they

Return to “News”