Newbie 588 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 am

Post by strappado »

Hey Guys, good game :)
Scum actually didn't submit a NK 1st night, so I decided to pretend to be the doc from the get-go and I picked Spring Lullaby/Camisade as my protect because Dave never went after her/him/it ... so it was pretty much spoonfed to the scum. You guys played valiantly though and I toyed with the idea of a HEA ending...but it's just not in me to give up.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

Not much to say here but "wow". We had an easy win that we were in the process of coasting to and a townie handed the game to scum. Ugh.

So it was Dave and Grum all along. That sounds familiar.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Vote Count

Goborage - 2 (Claus, strappado)

Not Voting - 1 (Goborage)

2 to Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Claus and strap decide that Gobo is the play for today and string him up. Unfortunately, he turned up town!?!?

"Ha! Next time, don't bother claiming for someone. Oh wait, there is no next time...", cackles strap, as she pulls her pistol and shoots Claus dead.

Goborage,
Townie
, Lynched Day 6

Claus,
Townie
, Killed in Endgame

strappado
wins the game for the
Scum
team!!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Role Reveal:

Abstract Actuary* [col] Townie Muerrto* (pringlullaby, camisade)[col] Townie Mokina (Cat_Killer)[col] Cop strappado (Dave) [col]Mafia Goon goborage [col]Townie Artem (Grum) [col]Mafia Goon Mafiamurkrow [col]Townie Claus* (shaka!!, rolandofthewhite) [col]Townie The World No.1 Noob [col]Townie

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Cat_Killer investigates TWN1N.
No Action Submitted by the Scum team.

Night 2:

Mokina investigates strappado.
strappado kills Mokina.

Night 3:

strappado kills TWN1N.

Night 4:

strappado submits a No Kill.

Night 5:

strappado kills Muerrto.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Posting Statistics:

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Day 2 went on too long, but you guys had crazy attendance issues and I think that made things harder.

I think everyone did a great job, and I didn't see strap actually winning this one until Claus claimed for her. Once you claimed for her I think you fixed it in your mind that she had to be town, so I'm not sure that the game was going to end any other way.

strap, I was curious why you chose Muerrto as your night target. I thought you'd take out gobo and let Muerrto and Claus argue some more, even though gobo had pointed out that he thought you were scum. I figured you could work around that.

strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 am

Post by strappado »

Lots of reasons, but mainly, it just didn't make sense to me to kill gobo. If I were actually the doc, then Muerrto would have been confirmed and I dont think there's any way that a scum would leave the doc and the confirmed townie alive in end game...since I obviously couldn't kill the "doc", I figured I'd kill the confirmed townie. Meh, it made sense to me. Probably wouldn't have mattered either way. I take no pride from this win, it was pretty cheap.

Sorry I lied to you guys :( I hate being scum.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Claus »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: Once you claimed for her I think you fixed it in your mind that she had to be town,
Not really. I entered D6 with an open mind. My mind said Gobo but my gut said strap. I think the way gobo played that last day made me doubt my previous idea that he was town.

Like it always happens, always trust your guts over your logic. I should have noticed that strap posting so often D6 meant she was sitting on the edge of her seat waiting for the hammer chance, but meh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 am

Muerrto was the right kill last night. Once the gift claim was given he was the least likely person to be the remaining scum, by quite a large margin. Although I agree it would have been easier to get Muerrto to vote for Clause then goborage to vote for Claus. I think you had a guaranteed vote for goborage from Clause, whereas I think Clause would have voted for strappado over Muerrto.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Artem »

Claus wrote:Like it always happens, always trust your guts over your logic. I should have noticed that strap posting so often D6 meant she was sitting on the edge of her seat waiting for the hammer chance, but meh.
When you asked strappado if she was around, I thought "Uh-oh, he's onto her waiting to hammer".

Strappado and I replaced in at roughly the same time and Vel gave us some time to talk over the strategy before going at it. She did tell me that she decided to claim doc before we got going.

I actually didn't plan to stick to the W#1noob + Camisade's case even when making it. I decided to play by reactions to the case.

Grum was not the brightest crayon in the box and the battle was pretty much uphill, but I enjoyed it. (I love strappado's blazing guns comment by the way: almost fell off the chair laughing when first read it.) When I realized that I'm more or less done for, I decided to claim cop, either flushing the real one out or actually sticking to the cop role if we were in a doc setup. AA was going to be my investigated innocent since Grum was all gooey with him during D2.

I was rooting for strappado all the way and she did great. The whole no-kill on night 4 got me on the edge of the seat: DON'T LET CLAUS TALK! He was getting more pro-town with every sentence on Day 5 :)

There's was a "slip" in Claus claiming for strappado, that could have been used to make it seem as if Claus knew the roles, but the whole argument escapes me at the moment. I just remember being "Wow, you can really make a strong argument against Claus right now" during some part of the doc claim discussion.

Gobo made a mistake of being lurkish towards the end of the game, perhaps being too confident that everybody identified him as town.

Good game, guys.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Artem »

Artem wrote:There's was a "slip" in Claus claiming for strappado, that could have been used to make it seem as if Claus knew the roles, but the whole argument escapes me at the moment. I just remember being "Wow, you can really make a strong argument against Claus right now" during some part of the doc claim discussion.
Oh, right. The fact that he knew that there was a doc meant that he knew that there is a roleblocker, which is something that only mafia knows.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 am

Post by strappado »

Yeah, I felt bad for you having to replace in for Grum...you did the best you could with what you were given though. Way to go on flushing out the cop!
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Claus »

Oh yeah. On flushing out the cop, I was actually discussing this game with someone (I think MOS) during night two (or early D3), and he said that the cop should not have counterclaimed. It was so close to the deadline, that all mokina had to do was to unvote SL quietly, and only vote artem if he got below the deadline treshold.

Well, spilled milk.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am

Artem wrote:
Artem wrote:There's was a "slip" in Claus claiming for strappado, that could have been used to make it seem as if Claus knew the roles, but the whole argument escapes me at the moment. I just remember being "Wow, you can really make a strong argument against Claus right now" during some part of the doc claim discussion.
Oh, right. The fact that he knew that there was a doc meant that he knew that there is a roleblocker, which is something that only mafia knows.
I mentioned that fact in my defensive posts following Clause's claim. It was one of my points that said that either there was no doc or that Clause was a roleblocking mafia who knew there must be a doc and that was the only reason he was looking for one. Otherwise the chances were that there was no doc.

I agree with you that Mokina should not have counterclaimed. I think we would have lynched Artem anyway, based on the timing of the claim, the strength of the claim, and the pre-claim evidence.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

I KNEW the Gobo/AA argument was 2 townies =p When Artem said good game and I thought Gobo was scum I was like WTF no way. Oh well.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Artem »

Well, the game was over one way or the other. I wasn't going to give away the surprise, though. :)
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Muerrto wrote:Roland's still pushign the MM thing. He's saying MM is mafia because the mafia haven't jumped on him. That's horrible WIFOM from an IC. And Roland, you're on MM.
Muerrto, didn't you yell at me for using this one against you as scum in 580 shortly before replacing in here? Why did you pull it out as town? :P

I noticed at the time and have been waiting for this game to end to ask, lol.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Claus »

Muerrto wrote:I KNEW the Gobo/AA argument was 2 townies =p When Artem said good game and I thought Gobo was scum I was like WTF no way. Oh well.
Yeah, but your "He attacked scum, he must be scum as well" argument is terrible. Really, you should stop using "bussing" as excuse to acuse someone of being scum, or town will just stop scumhunting altogether.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Macavenger wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Roland's still pushign the MM thing. He's saying MM is mafia because the mafia haven't jumped on him. That's horrible WIFOM from an IC. And Roland, you're on MM.
Muerrto, didn't you yell at me for using this one against you as scum in 580 shortly before replacing in here? Why did you pull it out as town? :P

I noticed at the time and have been waiting for this game to end to ask, lol.
Well actually it's the opposite. You brought suspicion on me for mislynching BaB while I brought suspiscion on Claus for lynching SCUM.

Also, in your example YOU WERE SCUM! Lol so um...kind of weird to use that as an example of what to do. :D
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Macavenger »

No, I'm referring to your day 1 argument (before I replaced in) that BaB was scum because the scum hadn't jumped on his wagon. You then yelled at me for using the same "that's horrible WIFOM" argument against you after I replaced that you used here after replacing. I found this ironic.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Mokina »

Good game, scum.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

GG aye, ahh I so wished I could talk after I died...I really didn't like how strap's confirmation matched with Claus's inspections 100%, anything that matches 100% is too good to be true in my opinion
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Macavenger wrote:No, I'm referring to your day 1 argument (before I replaced in) that BaB was scum because the scum hadn't jumped on his wagon. You then yelled at me for using the same "that's horrible WIFOM" argument against you after I replaced that you used here after replacing. I found this ironic.
I'm not getting the correlation here. Everything in mafia is WIFOM. It's everyone's job to figure out which is legit and which isn't.

The 2 examples are quite different.

I said it made me think BaB was scum more because know one had jumped his wagon. But BaB and Grum acted completely different which makes these different examples. Roland and Grum had some connections and perhaps I clung to that a bit much but it was more Claus's reaction that kept my suspiscion there. He over-reacted which is a sign I hit scum.

Still not seeing the correlation between that and BaB tho.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Claus »

Noob, are you joining any more games? I see you have only posted in this one.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”