Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 972, Raya36 wrote:The stakes are much much higher for scum right now. You even said something about not being all that upset about being mis-eliminated I believe? It doesnt make sense to me to jump in with a self-defence. It's much more advantageous to give people a chance to come to that conclusion without your help because by being the one stating it about yourself causes it to lose credit. Then there's extra added wifom about you being the one saying it. It's also overdefensive in my opinion.
Yes, they are, and it’s why I’m not going to fight my mis-guillotine if it comes, although obviously I’m still going to try to avoid it by making it as clear as possible that I’m town who was just ass-backward on D1.

I think we just disagree here Raya tbh. I don’t think that because something is self-meta it’s inherently less valid if people know that it’s true, and I think it’s fairly obvious I’d be trying to avoid being the guillotine today as either alignment, I’d just fight it harder as scum.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Raya36 »

My main concern is if you're scum (and I'm not convinced at all yet that you're not) then that "thought" could just be a set-up if a miselim were to occur and it's what you want us to think.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Menalque »

And by “fight it” I mean I’m not going to throw a fit on how I’m so obviously town even though I was wrong on snow and mohab and how if you can’t see that then you’re trash at the game and should probably give up and stop playing because GOD how could you be so BLIND as to not see me as town when it’s so obviously the case etc etc

Because I don’t think I am obviously town given the way that D1 worked out and I think that toxifying the gamestate like that would do more harm than good going into D3 post a mis-guillo on me
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 975, Menalque wrote:
In post 972, Raya36 wrote:The stakes are much much higher for scum right now. You even said something about not being all that upset about being mis-eliminated I believe? It doesnt make sense to me to jump in with a self-defence. It's much more advantageous to give people a chance to come to that conclusion without your help because by being the one stating it about yourself causes it to lose credit. Then there's extra added wifom about you being the one saying it. It's also overdefensive in my opinion.
Yes, they are, and it’s why I’m not going to fight my mis-guillotine if it comes, although obviously I’m still going to try to avoid it by making it as clear as possible that I’m town who was just ass-backward on D1.

I think we just disagree here Raya tbh. I don’t think that because something is self-meta it’s inherently less valid if people know that it’s true, and I think it’s fairly obvious I’d be trying to avoid being the guillotine today as either alignment, I’d just fight it harder as scum.
Ok I'm willing to agree to disagree and try to work out who is scum then if you really are town
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 976, Raya36 wrote:My main concern is if you're scum (and I'm not convinced at all yet that you're not) then that "thought" could just be a set-up if a miselim were to occur and it's what you want us to think.
*shrug*

Yes, that’s obviously what scum!me would want you to think it just happens to also be town!me’s approach to the game

I’ve already said I won’t fight it if you the townbloc comes to the conclusion that I am scum (and there’s something to be said for just policying anyone who hard defends scum (especially when they should know better))

But in the meantime is it not better to treat me as acting in good faith and to try to utilise me as a scumhunter; something which I don’t always suck at, despite having sucked at yesterday
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 978, Raya36 wrote:Ok I'm willing to agree to disagree and try to work out who is scum then if you really are town
Yah this is basically what I was trying to say with my last post
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Menalque »

What do you think of RCE voting mohab fairly early on?
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Eevee »

~Eve
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Ignore this:

Spoiler: orientation
So from my point of view this is who scum could be:

Something_Smart
Menalque
RCEnigma
Montosh
Ydrasse
Almost50

This is who was on the Snow wagon (counter wagon):
RCEnigma
Montosh
Almost50
Menalque

This is who was on the scum wagon:
Ydrasse
Something_Smart

Nobody was on any other wagons
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Eevee »

gut is saying menalque is town but brain is saying we'd be stupid not to throw him overboard

mene do you have an example of a time as scum where you hard pushed for a town counterwagon moreso than you did here - i ask because you keep mentioning that you would've pushed snow a lot harder as scum

Raya why do you think you're not a performer for the play? you still have front row seats don't get me wrong so treat this as a fun question

~Eve
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'm rereading yesterday and realized there's a point I planned to follow up on and never did.

@Eve
I made a ham and cheese omelette the other day and it was fantastic.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 981, Menalque wrote:What do you think of RCE voting mohab fairly early on?
There wasn't much pressure to the vote at all. Just a vote and some questions. Could have been an attempt at distancing. I never actually saw any reasons for the vote or any mention of him until much later. I never even saw a response to his answers to the questions asked in the same vote as the post.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 984, Eevee wrote:gut is saying menalque is town but brain is saying we'd be stupid not to throw him overboard

mene do you have an example of a time as scum where you hard pushed for a town counterwagon moreso than you did here - i ask because you keep mentioning that you would've pushed snow a lot harder as scum
This is pretty fair, sorry I couldn’t see you as town yesterday

I’ll have a look at my scumgames. I’m not sure there is off a quick think though, although I think the tendency to go to extremes is present there
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

VOTE: RCEnigma
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Eevee »

In post 985, Umlaut wrote:
@Eve
I made a ham and cheese omelette the other day and it was fantastic.
this is great news - Eva will be delighted! btw how do you pronounce your own name? there's actually a lot of ways when you really think about it
In post 987, Menalque wrote:This is pretty fair, sorry I couldn’t see you as town yesterday

I’ll have a look at my scumgames. I’m not sure there is off a quick think though, although I think the tendency to go to extremes is present there
it's all good we're playing mafia after all and cool i look forward to seeing them

~Eve
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 989, Eevee wrote:btw how do you pronounce your own name? there's actually a lot of ways when you really think about it
The dictionary way, which is "
oom
-lout"
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Menalque »

Subject: Mini Normal 2119 [game over]
Menalque wrote:Hi chem

Also

VOTE: bob
Read my ISO from here in this game and the way that I try to get votes onto Bob + my positioning on my scumbuddy (chem) vs my take on the mohab v snow question and my push to get votes on snow here
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Eevee »

In post 990, Umlaut wrote:
In post 989, Eevee wrote:btw how do you pronounce your own name? there's actually a lot of ways when you really think about it
oom
-lout"
oops i was pronouncing it as
oom
-laut instead of lout
i'll try and rewire my brain

oh and forgot to reply to you Titus - let's VCA tag team this for sure! lots of juicy data to analyse

~Eve
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 984, Eevee wrote:gut is saying menalque is town but brain is saying we'd be stupid not to throw him overboard
I agree with this statement.

Part of me is wondering if Menalque would have been so obvious knowing there was a good chance of Mae getting eliminated. I half wanna say Menalque is town and scum are laying low in terms of their reads and pushes
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

The problem here is going into d2 my pocket scum pick after a menalque flip was A50 with the thought he was WK'ing.

But if I am flipped it discredits the rce/A50 team but not A50!scum and menalque is still unresolved at that point. Which is how town eats itself.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 990, Umlaut wrote:
oom
-lout"
Well I was not pronouncing that right hahahhahaha
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'd say I'd even prefer A50 over menalque today. There was a point I specifically called for menalques head yesterday if Mohab flipped scum and he doubled down on snow!scum. I think he has the capacity for bold scum but it was blatant.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Montosh had some really solid progressions on his catch up and repped into the holden slot. I'm giving the scum flip credit to that slot even if Montosh ended up off wagon for the timing on Holden's vote which really flipped momentum of the game and brought the focus on Mohab in the first place.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Eevee »

thanks will have a proper look at that later Mene

agree that Almo is pretty scummy

RCE i like for town now

Raya you didn't answer my question on why you aren't performing today )=

~Eve
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

Subject: Guns & Roses III [Game over]
Menalque wrote:VOTE: GL
Read from here to see how I respond to GL pushing dogwatch and getting a 3 vote wagon on her fairly early D2

Return to “Completed Open Games”