northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 2.3
Almost50
(4):
Ydrasse (), Umlaut (), Raya36 (), Titus ()
Menalque
(3):
Montosh (), RCEnigma (), Almost50 ()
Something_Smart
(2):
Menalque (), Fredrick A Campbell ()

Not Voting
(3):
Something_Smart, Eevee, Snowblaze

With 12 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-30 18:57:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1121, Umlaut wrote:
In post 1120, Eevee wrote:i think all 3 scum were on your wagon and the only reason they didn't manage to lynch you was thanks to your high effort and solving so good job!
If this is true then we autowin just by lynching everyone but Frederick on the Snowblaze wagon, since we only need to get one more scum by Day 4 to win. Do we think that’s right?

Maybe it just is right, but there’s a whole lot of WIFOM to work through there.
I really want to say this is right since it makes the most logical sense to me. If scum was on the Mae wagon I would say S_S but I'm not convinced.

The thing making me squint is that you'd think scum would think of this and I'm sure they put some thought into who they confirmed.

In the end though I think the snow wagon has the most scum equity and we should be lynching there.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Menalque »

It’s massively gambity if all the scum are on because, as covered, it’s a mech win to just go through everyone on the snow wagon

But flip side, if scum confirmed 5 people on mae!wagon I’d say that more or less confirms all the scum on snow!wagon

This is I think more WIFOMy and might be the right play just because even if there was like raya confirmed and not fredrick then just going through all the slots on here would still be really good EV I think
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Menalque »

I still don’t like S_S’s slot that’s much

I think raya is just town at this point

Ydrasse is probably town? Not so much for today but I remember thinking there were really good reasons to TR her D1
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Menalque »

How is this game
still
this dead D2
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'd imagine the conftown are kind of holding back and trying to let everyone else play the game.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

Menalque, is there anyone else you're willing to vote from the Snowblaze wagon? I'm not really feeling S_S today, and even if I were I don't think it would really be doable.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Umlaut »

("Else" meaning "other than RCE" since I apparently talked you out of that)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1130, Umlaut wrote:I'd imagine the conftown are kind of holding back and trying to let everyone else play the game.
Seems like both sides think this is best for them
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1131, Umlaut wrote:Menalque, is there anyone else you're willing to vote from the Snowblaze wagon? I'm not really feeling S_S today, and even if I were I don't think it would really be doable.
Sup

Yeah I would, I just wanted my vote on S_S as a marker for VCs or whatever that if I flip that’s where I thought scum was most likely to be on an individual read basis
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Menalque »

My thing with the other slots on snow:

A50 — i just can’t fuckin read the monkey. Can’t do it, have tried to do it, my magic “reading people” 8-ball keeps coming up with “scumfuck” regardless. So idk, I’ll vote there if that’s what town wants, but I really can’t give a decent or non-biased read here and so don’t think it’s that helpful for me to be engaging with or around him

Montosh — potentially scum, but I need to read him and Holden again. I did think Holden’s vote on snow was a good one even if it was wrong and I’m kinda wondering if scum would be that likely to be leading there? Didn’t like montosh’s catch up post at all. This is probably my preference atm on the snow!wagon but I won’t feel comfortable voting there until I’ve had a chance to go through holden’s ISO and to properly look at montosh’s posts so far
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

honestly i am too tired to think Too Hard about this right now but a50's posts made me feel like i was reading snowblaze's d1 posts when all the pressure was on her just with... less oomph to my heart.

looking through it briefly i don't find montosh's catchup/reread upon joining really impressive wrt mohab/mae. a lot of saying that mohab/mae doesn't look great, etc, that could be leaving room to vote/push there if need be. however, i can see a pretty natural progression on snowblaze from it? goes from agreeing with some things such as reads, etc, to scumreading and settling the vote there. it doesn't really seem forced despite also thinking mae wasn't great throughout and i think i'd be least likely to want to place my vote here today from the options of the snowblaze wagon. :>

for the catchup.

other than that, i like montosh's posts from today i think. entirely Unbothered by the fact that they're in a bad place (voting snowblaze d1) and not even acknowledging it makes me a tiny bit ?? but i think that's more because i expect anyone, regardless of alignment, to go "oops lol" to some degree. not a big deal though that's just me being a weirdo, wearing my stupid hat.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1135, Menalque wrote:A50 — i just can’t fuckin read the monkey. Can’t do it, have tried to do it, my magic “reading people” 8-ball keeps coming up with “scumfuck” regardless. So idk, I’ll vote there if that’s what town wants, but I really can’t give a decent or non-biased read here and so don’t think it’s that helpful for me to be engaging with or around him
Blame my VCA and that you're working with me to sort which of A50 and Ydrasse are scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1137, Titus wrote:
In post 1135, Menalque wrote:A50 — i just can’t fuckin read the monkey. Can’t do it, have tried to do it, my magic “reading people” 8-ball keeps coming up with “scumfuck” regardless. So idk, I’ll vote there if that’s what town wants, but I really can’t give a decent or non-biased read here and so don’t think it’s that helpful for me to be engaging with or around him
Blame my VCA and that you're working with me to sort which of A50 and Ydrasse are scum.
That is assuming one of them is scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1138, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 1137, Titus wrote:
That is assuming one of them is scum.
That's a big current theory I have.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

What's the fall back for both being town?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:26 pm

Also, we would have had to have made two mislynches for us to find out that they are both town. We would have one last mislynch at that point so this is a very important thing to consider.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1140, RCEnigma wrote:What's the fall back for both being town?
I don't have a fallback plan for the scenario that I am wrong on both. I just find it extremely unlikely. I do have other suspects if we don't sort A50 and Ydrasse. It's just my preference.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:32 pm

In post 1142, Titus wrote:
In post 1140, RCEnigma wrote:What's the fall back for both being town?
I don't have a fallback plan for the scenario that I am wrong on both. I just find it extremely unlikely. I do have other suspects if we don't sort A50 and Ydrasse. It's just my preference.
Fair enough.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1096, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1049, Eevee wrote:
In post 1020, Almost50 wrote:One question though: I said I only had TWO confident TRs. One of them (Fred) is now confirmed. Why would scum me opt to confirm Fred here? Like, I am very much self-aware (people who played against scum!me would confirm) and if I wanted to defend not one, but TWO of my scum!buddies (RCE & Mae) that blatantly then the very least I could have done is keep Fred in the suspects pool.
I don’t get it? What does scum!you have to lose by confirming Fred here? Why does this strongly point away from you?

~Eva
First of all; scum!me doesn't explicitly TR a p. This is why I can't even argue against the case Ydrasee made on me. The way I treated Mae/Mohab is EXACTLY the way I would have treated a scum partner. :oops:

So, it follows that -if I'm scum- BOTH RCE & Fred are town. Guaranteed. Now why would I confirm one and not the other? I would either confirm them both or I confirm neither. Confirming both probably makes me look a "little" better here, while confirming neither keeps them both in the elimination pool. I don't see the benefit from confirming one and not the other here, and
especially so
in Fred's case. I personally convinced him to vote Snow, so he really did look bad if people were/are SRing me.

Oh, and Snow is actually another person I would probably not have confirmed (so that the town would consider the possibility both wagons were on scum).

But this is all self-meta, and isn't going to convince anyone who doesn't already know how I think as scum.
It's also WIFOM-y to the max so yeah not sure how useful that is.
In post 1101, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1086, Montosh wrote:A50 whatever your alignment this is an anti-town attitude. Town benefits from having information and interactions from us.
Mate; dead town do NOT vote anymore. Ask Menalque. I was miss-eliminated despite TWO DEAD TPRs having me as their TOP TR. It's not worth the effort.
That's no fun. But seriously. If you are town I see no reason to act like this. So either you're depressed town or scum. You're giving people reasons to lynch you and I know there aren't any jesters here. So I'm not really sure what's going on in your brain right now.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1106, Raya36 wrote:You know of all people that I'm not a strong scum player. I won't let the flattery pocket me.
Let's ask skitter post-game. In fact, let's even ask Nahdia (who only voted your slot because she was the only other alternative). Come on! You did everything PERFECT that we never had a problem with the night action
despite the fact we didn't have our own PT

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1107, Titus wrote:My VCA says no on Menalque A50.
Why? I know you said in a previous post that:
In post 1090, Titus wrote:basically in 1.7 the wagon on Menalque is yucky.
What didn't you like? Or does Menalque just not fit into a scum grouping?
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1115, Menalque wrote:
In post 1096, Almost50 wrote:scum!me doesn't explicitly TR a p
Do you mean in this game/setup or ever?
As far as I can remember, I do not do that ever.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1122, Umlaut wrote:
In post 1100, Almost50 wrote:You -of all- know that I don't do "poor me" (as Umlaut referred to it) as scum. :wink:
I feel like you did do “poor me” as scum in our newbie game together, but admittedly that was a long time ago.
Yes. Way way way too long. Like; 4+ years old. Do you think I'm still the same player?

Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1136, Ydrasse wrote:other than that, i like montosh's posts from today i think. entirely Unbothered by the fact that they're in a bad place (voting snowblaze d1) and not even acknowledging it makes me a tiny bit ?? but i think that's more because i expect anyone, regardless of alignment, to go "oops lol" to some degree. not a big deal though that's just me being a weirdo, wearing my stupid hat.
I mean, if I must, I'm not like Menalque in that I will active fight a wagon against me, just my style. But at the moment we're just kind of working through D1 wagons and I'm just trying to figure out where to go vote-wise.

Oops, lol.

Return to “Completed Open Games”