Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

He has a valid thought process behind the BM suspicions that I can follow. His initial post was sus because it was unsubstantiated, but he's shown he had good reasoning behind it.
Hectic
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Blair »

VOTE: Ready2rock

Was feeling cute, might unvote later.

Spoiler:
Probably not, though. The scummy entrance and strong associatives make this an excellent wagon.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Blair »

Oh, also:

FoS: Mafia Goon
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Blair »

In post 222, Mafia Goon wrote:I like these posts from redrock. Are you misgooned often? Also, that's your one wall used from your daily wall quota. Please don't go over your limit like midway or BM.

Ydrasse's wagon hop is strange because she says she's sheeping it but then provides a point against the arguments for why redrock is scum. What points were worth sheeping, Ydrasse?

VOTE: Ydrasse
In post 223, Mafia Goon wrote:midway's tone is weird and possibly scummy, but to assess whether he's scum would mean reading through the wall of wars and probably looking at his mislaunch meta. Ah, well, maybe I'll do it if we're both alive at lylo.

Dunnstral has been very lacklustre.
In post 225, Mafia Goon wrote:He has a valid thought process behind the BM suspicions that I can follow. His initial post was sus because it was unsubstantiated, but he's shown he had good reasoning behind it.
What is this gak?

#JustScummyThings #BadPosting
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 222, Mafia Goon wrote:I like these posts from redrock. Are you misgooned often? Also, that's your one wall used from your daily wall quota. Please don't go over your limit like midway or BM.

Ydrasse's wagon hop is strange because she says she's sheeping it but then provides a point against the arguments for why redrock is scum. What points were worth sheeping, Ydrasse?

VOTE: Ydrasse
the ones in

of all the points i think the one i pointed out is the weakest and i didn’t really filter it into whether or not i thought it was a good wagon to follow
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

Tbh, that last post of mine sounds a little awkward/pockety even to me.

Why the other two, Blair?
Hectic
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

Tbh, that last post of mine sounds a little awkward/pockety even to me.

Why the other two, Blair?
Hectic
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

Has his recent posts changed your mind, Ydrasse?

Also, I just realised it says 'Goon' underneath your name. You have been goonblocced.
Hectic
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:49 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 227, Blair wrote:Oh, also:

im not going to ask why
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 am

Post by ready2rock »

In post 222, Mafia Goon wrote:I like these posts from redrock. Are you misgooned often?
Not fully usually, though it has happened. Mostly something I say in the first couple posts gets a big wagon formed on me early, and that's been as both town and scum

@IV: What's your read on BM and why? You say you disagree with my case, but you never explained.

Blair has Schrodinger's Case, where she’s presented this incredible genius read for the last page or two, but we haven't opened the box so you’ll never know if her case was ever actually there or not
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

UNVOTE:

when i’m not shackled to replying on a phone later i will give my “Thoughts”
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

sorry y'all, I'll be back late tomorrow/early Sat. Busy saving the world from CV-19...this town will need to wait until the weekend!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:40 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 234, ready2rock wrote:@IV: What's your read on BM and why? You say you disagree with my case, but you never explained.
I think this is consistent with town!BM tunneling to get reads on that slot, and not nearly as consistent with whatever scum motivation you didn't explain other than just mentioning it was "strange" and you didn't see town motivation

It kind of feels disingenuous that you are not able to see past this surface level while also not giving a clear reason WHY scum!BM is more motivated to do this, I'm sure you know that town can can tunnel with seemingly a lot of confidence and back off when they have gotten a better read on the slot. And I don't like that you don't like a lot of things by just casting shade and calling things weird or strange without much actual alignment analysis, this feels more scum than town motivated for reasons I've stated.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:08 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 219, Ydrasse wrote:i sheep this

VOTE: ready2rock

i don't think that ready2rock's statement about nosferatu is really that confident though, tbf. "very combatitive" is strong wording ig but given that it's pinned on as an afterthought i'd argue that there isn't a lot of heart in it.
yeah this is sorta a hedge. I feel better about my vote.
In post 220, ready2rock wrote:To clarify a bit, my case is that in his read of midway, especially his ISO analysis post, he presents every post and basically waves his arms and says "see? this is clearly scum!" There's almost no "this isn't too bad" or "I could see this coming from misled town, but..." and this is what I meant by uncharitable.
I actually felt differently about his early read on me. He was leaving room to townread me and that was the reason for my initial vote.
In post 220, ready2rock wrote:I kinda want to say that this is too careless to come from scum. Been wrong on that before, but I'll go with that for now
With Dunnstral, being lazy as scum is definitely something he would do. I don't think you should let someone free from suspicion just because they seem to be too scummy to be scum.

I think I can see r2r's point based on the quoted portions in about how BM was being uncharitable towards me.

ok then...

I do agree with IV's most recent post about how BM's early interactions with me aren't necessarily scum motivated. I'm also not realla fan of Blair calling out people but not really explaining why she thinks that way.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:09 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 234, ready2rock wrote:Blair has Schrodinger's Case, where she’s presented this incredible genius read for the last page or two, but we haven't opened the box so you’ll never know if her case was ever actually there or not
hmm this is what I was thinking too. I'm not really feeling the r2r wagon so much.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am

Post by ready2rock »

In post 237, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 234, ready2rock wrote:@IV: What's your read on BM and why? You say you disagree with my case, but you never explained.
I think this is consistent with town!BM tunneling to get reads on that slot, and not nearly as consistent with whatever scum motivation you didn't explain other than just mentioning it was "strange" and you didn't see town motivation

It kind of feels disingenuous that you are not able to see past this surface level while also not giving a clear reason WHY scum!BM is more motivated to do this, I'm sure you know that town can can tunnel with seemingly a lot of confidence and back off when they have gotten a better read on the slot. And I don't like that you don't like a lot of things by just casting shade and calling things weird or strange without much actual alignment analysis, this feels more scum than town motivated for reasons I've stated.
So it sounds like the TR of BM comes from believing
a) Tunneling is more likely to come from town than scum
b) Projecting overly confident reads is more likely to come from town than scum

I'm not certain that I fully buy either of those, for (b) especially I think it makes it easier to fall back on no matter what someone flips, now regardless on whether BM was right or wrong about midway he can point to interactions and say that he had a point and is trustworthy for town to listen to.

So in summary, I think scum!BM would be in a position to want to come out of the gate projecting scumhunting and #content, while also not really needing to commit to it by backing off the push at the first opportunity of something else

I get what you mean by my phrasing, think I use that because basically everyone at this point is in very slightly different shades of yellow for me. I think the only thing I'd categorize as still being "strange" without putting a read on it is whatever Dunn was doing

Speaking of which,
In post 238, midwaybear wrote:
In post 220, ready2rock wrote:I kinda want to say that this is too careless to come from scum. Been wrong on that before, but I'll go with that for now
With Dunnstral, being lazy as scum is definitely something he would do. I don't think you should let someone free from suspicion just because they seem to be too scummy to be scum.
Oh for sure, that's what I meant when I said I've been wrong on it before, but I think on its own it's not enough for me to pin scummy motivation on, but I think it'll be interesting to see where it fits within a larger ISO as the game goes on. Worth noting and keeping an eye on
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 220, ready2rock wrote:I’m super unsure on what Dunn is trying to accomplish with 192 and 194. Did he think midway was L-1? Does he think that his case from half the game ago is actually compelling enough to just recycle as reason to put him at this supposed L-1? I kinda want to say that this is too careless to come from scum. Been wrong on that before, but I'll go with that for now
I think he's playing like he would as scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 226, Blair wrote:VOTE: Ready2rock

Was feeling cute, might unvote later.

Spoiler:
Probably not, though. The scummy entrance and strong associatives make this an excellent wagon.
I don't agree that ready2rock is scummy

Vote for the 'scummy associatives' instead? Because you could be misinterpreting them
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 241, Dunnstral wrote:I think he's playing like he would as scum
This is very helpful. I understand why you scumread me now.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Nosferatu was prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 227, Blair wrote:Oh, also:

why do u feel the need
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 239, midwaybear wrote:
In post 234, ready2rock wrote:Blair has Schrodinger's Case, where she’s presented this incredible genius read for the last page or two, but we haven't opened the box so you’ll never know if her case was ever actually there or not
hmm this is what I was thinking too. I'm not really feeling the r2r wagon so much.
i don’t wanna leave everyone hanging today so:

i’m asking you midway this moreso than anyone else but are you not feeling the r2r wagon because of the ~hidden read? i’m referencing out last game together again but we were in a situation where someone had a scumread that they didn’t out for several pages and it ended up being a towny player in the end. the way you wrote this kind of implies that your dislike of the r2r wagon is tied to blair’s lack of outing the case.

also since i’m quoting you: my vote wasn’t really hedging. i disagreed with a portion of the case against r2r and i would rather make that apparent. i can agree with something enough tho that its not the end of the world fmpov to have one thing that i’m at odds with
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Mafia Goon »

VOTE: Blair

Oh, also:

FoS: Blair
Hectic
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 243, midwaybear wrote:
In post 241, Dunnstral wrote:I think he's playing like he would as scum
This is very helpful. I understand why you scumread me now.

The only time I've seen you as anti-town is when you thought you were anti-town in lunacy, for the first day only. I'm comparing your play here to that
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 246, Ydrasse wrote:i don’t wanna leave everyone hanging today so:
Actually it's a
launch
mob

I'm looking forward to Umlaut's next game's flavor, where only a meal served at mid-day can defeat the anti-town faction

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”