Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Here's hoping you're town and that somehow helps you get to the correct read on me, then.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I'm getting to the point in my readthrough where I'm starting to lose focus, so I think I'll take a break and come back later.

For now: Gentleman 5's a decent townread, as is Lady 4. In particular, I thought Lady 4's was a fairly towny post. That sort of reaction, feeling of being overwhelmed and decision to focus on a small number of reads is, I feel, fairly natural for someone dropped in the middle of this game with tens of pages already posted, no partners to rely on and barely any ability to distinguish between players in the first place.

I think that my ideal dance partner so far is Lady Seal.
In post 722, Lady 7 wrote:Interesting, I knew I had one of those and I also noticed myself doing it in this game. I am just surprised someone was observant enough to both identify it on my main and in this game.
It's pretty much the reason I started following along with this game in the first place. Although as I said, it was more out of personal curiosity rather than figuring out people's alignments.

That's not to say that it's not entirely relevant to alignments. For instance, it semed likely to me reading through that both Gentleman 9 and Gentleman 5's proposals to their prospective partners were because they recognized (or thought that they recognized) who the Ladies were. What exactly that information means I've yet to come to any conclusion on, but at least the premise seems likely to me at the moment.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 725, Gentleman 6 wrote:Here's hoping you're town and that somehow helps you get to the correct read on me, then.
I don't plan on using meta anyway, it breaks the spirit of the game. Not that it would help I've never been the best at applying it.
Otherwise I'd have said some kind of inside joke as a "aha see I got you".
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Lady 1, serious question, what makes the game of mafia enjoyable the most to you?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 704, Lady 8 wrote:Hehe. Why haven't you proposed yet? Agree though
Idk. I am thinking between L6 and L2 though, and I'm not really sure who I prefer at this point.
In post 709, Lady 6 wrote:Gentleman 7, you should ask someone else to dance, I don't plan on accepting your invitation
Yes!
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 714, Lady 4 wrote:I'm arguing you're posting a lot but it's mostly just active posting to keep up appearances and fluffy
This is confirmation bias. Why is it not just me posting my thoughts as town?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 728, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 1, serious question, what makes the game of mafia enjoyable the most to you?
Being able to have healthy conversation about reads and trying to figure things out together with other people. Why?
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 721, Gentleman 9 wrote:I think it's productive to discuss which of the gentlemen we want to leave behind at this point. I liked Sherlock 3s entrance and I've been town reading teenisg4. Gorilla boy g7 is my least town gentleman read at the moment.
Either G2 or G7 for me.

G3(Sherlock) has given a nice first impression so I'm less inclined to want his slot out. TBH, I don't understand why he scumreads L8 so much and it's more like an argument that she isn't town.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Lady 1 »

G3 can stick around but that's a popular statement so I don't see any reason to keep talking about this. Lady 2 2s recent posting hasn't helped my scumread on them.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Lady 1 »

I like L4s progression so far and would like to hear more about what people think about Lady 7 because I know I'm obviously wrong on one of her/G1 but they're who I want to vote pretty easily at the moment due to the fact I think they're both wolfy
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Lady 2, I'd like to hear your thoughts on pairings. Both what pairings of the remaining people you think would be best, as well as any mechanical thoughts you have on pairings in general. For instance, earlier you said that we shouldn't pair the IC with scum; I'm interested to hear you elaborate on that.
In post 732, Gentleman 4 wrote:G3(Sherlock) has given a nice first impression so I'm less inclined to want his slot out. TBH, I don't understand why he scumreads L8 so much and it's more like an argument that she isn't town.
I have a small number of reasons that stand out to me personally (and likely me alone) as being fairly scum-indicative. You're correct in that most of what I've talked about so far with regards to Lady 8 has been to explain why I disagree with other people's townreads on her.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Lady 2 »

If we put the IC with a townread player, they will probably die. If they don't, we know something may be up.

If we put the IC with a scumread player, they won't die, and then we'll probably have to kill that pairing anyway. That's akin to wasting the IC power.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 733, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 2 2s recent posting hasn't helped my scumread on them.
Can we have a healthy conversation about this read? I can't really find much explanation of it in your ISO.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 726, Gentleman 3 wrote:I think that my ideal dance partner so far is Lady Seal.
I would enjoy this.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 734, Lady 1 wrote:I like L4s progression so far and would like to hear more about what people think about Lady 7 because I know I'm obviously wrong on one of her/G1 but they're who I want to vote pretty easily at the moment due to the fact I think they're both wolfy
A lot of people agree that at the very least G1 shouldn't be town read. Where does your Lady 7 scum read stem from? That's the more unpopular take at present
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 716, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 385, Lady 6 wrote:299 was the post that had me town reading Ghost (L8) due to the careful consideration in weighing the different gentlemen

it's not actually too necessary for her to do given she'll get an invite no matter what, but I think the effort put into it is genuine and shows she cares about producing a pro-town pairing
I think your interpretation is off. That post doesn't read to me like a careful consideration of options when it comes to gentlemen; I see it more as just a readslist on every gentleman who had posted at the time. That distinction might seem meaningless to you, but I think it matters for the point you're making—a careful consideration of which gentleman would result in the most pro-town pairing I might consider town-indicative, but viewed as a simple readslist that point goes away. In fact, in my experience I've found that readslists structured in a manner that take effort to mention every single player (or at least every player that has posted so far) often come from scum forcing themselves to give reads.

This isn't to say that I take that post as being hugely scum-indicative, or even all that moderately scum-indicative. I just disagree with your interpretation of it as a major point towards Lady 8 being town.
yeah rereading there might some inferences I made there that actually aren't present in her post. later on she specifically spoke about not wanting to be with G8 because that would be "anti-town," but that could easily be scum motivated as someone else pointed out and it's the only direct comment she makes about wanting to make pro-town pairings.

I want to hear your elaborated scum read at some point

although there might not be much of a point during pre-dance
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 636, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 632, Lady 5 wrote:t the fact she didn’t stick with her own plan brings her down a bit.
I paired up because I thought I was controlling the thread and I wanted to take a backseat, whether or not I actually end up doing that is subject to what the future holds.

Also once G5.Skyrim and L8.Ghost paired up I lost 2 town reads and my plan becomes functionally impossible.

Our IC also just doesn't seem very engaged relatively speaking to find multiple top town reads to get them to pair off. I think he is more keen on just finding a "loose" town and defending them, and my plan kind of hinged on the IC.

Not like I didn't want my plan to occur, I just don't it was going to work in the given game state, I believe I am paired up with town which is as much of an optimal pair as what I can get.
Okay, I think this makes sense.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 731, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 728, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 1, serious question, what makes the game of mafia enjoyable the most to you?
Being able to have healthy conversation about reads and trying to figure things out together with other people. Why?
Your posting strikes me as something similar to how I play when I'm really happy about the role PM I drew, or the players in the game.

Given this is an anon alt game...
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Lady 6 »

I would prefer Gent 7 left out over Gent 2 btw

I've been thinking about it and I think Gent 2 going after Gent 4 rather than searching for a partner on popping in is slightly more likely to be town than scum
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 742, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 731, Lady 1 wrote:
Your posting strikes me as something similar to how I play when I'm really happy about the role PM I drew, or the players in the game.

Given this is an anon alt game...
I am happy with the role pm I got true.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 737, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 733, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 2 2s recent posting hasn't helped my scumread on them.
Can we have a healthy conversation about this read? I can't really find much explanation of it in your ISO.
I don't really see how much solving you've done in the game. Your tone doesn't help but that's more a personality thing than it is a reason to think you're a wolf. You just seem very defensive and only get fired up whenever it's about you in question.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 639, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 588, Lady 5 wrote:right, only I don't see why town thinks "yes, I should just accept the first proposal that comes my way"
It probably comes from a mindset of not thinking who pairs with whom is very important. Which while wrong is understandable.

But impulsiveness in general is a towntell and scum-her would likely have been concerned about how opportunistic it looked so if anything it's points in her favor.
So I think that this is kind of true, but I’m not sold entirely. I think that it depends a lot on the scum. There are definitely a few people on site who enjoy making impulsive plays and if this is one of them they’d totally play like that as scum. Given that there’s no way to know who’s behind that slot, I’m inclined to TR this less.

I also read your post before this on optimal pairing, and think I agree with L7’s commentary on it, more or less.

Why do you think L2’s sr on you stems from personality reasons?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 739, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 734, Lady 1 wrote:I like L4s progression so far and would like to hear more about what people think about Lady 7 because I know I'm obviously wrong on one of her/G1 but they're who I want to vote pretty easily at the moment due to the fact I think they're both wolfy
A lot of people agree that at the very least G1 shouldn't be town read. Where does your Lady 7 scum read stem from? That's the more unpopular take at present
A lot of Lady 7s posting feels planned. At first she said she wasn't going to post in her PT and changed her mind and then made a big deal of 'oh I have paranoia on a lot of these players! Paranoia this and that!' It feels like a way to leave her options open. I also don't like her talking about how scum want to pair with Lady 8 as if to set up a mislynch down the line. There's more to the read but this is based off memory and not iso diving
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 643, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 618, Lady 4 wrote:Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
Is this town for you or just genuine frustration and therefore not faked?
Wondering since you didn't give a follow-up sentence.
I think I’d be frustrated regardless of my alignment, fwiw
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 745, Lady 1 wrote:I don't really see how much solving you've done in the game. Your tone doesn't help but that's more a personality thing than it is a reason to think you're a wolf. You just seem very defensive and only get fired up whenever it's about you in question.
What is your definition of solving? Forming reads?

I've shared every read I have, and I'm more than happy to explain any you want to hear about. I'm not going to make up reads out of thin air, though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”