charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:52 am

Post by charter »

Try and subtly cast suspicion on someone else.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 am

Post by charter »

When I say subtly I mean not outright accusing them, as in "I think so and so is scummy because..."
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm not suspicious of camn, what I'm saying is that if you're going to be suspicious of me for something, then it dang well out to be universal.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

EBWOP: Ought not out.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 am

Post by charter »

I never said you were suspicious of camn, I'm saying you're trying to get others to be suspicious of her. I'm suspicious of you for subtly casting suspicion onto camn and for posting more only when you come under fire. Camn isn't guilty of either of these, so as far as I can tell it is universal.

(I'm suspicious of you for a whole mess of other reasons, not just those two)
(I don't think I can type suspicious for a while after this post)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It might be suspicious if you were to say suspicious in a suspicious manner again.... Suspicious.

Sigh, I'm not trying to cast suspicion on her, what I'm saying, and what I've said I'm saying, is that if you suspect me for A, you should suspect everyone else that does A. In this case responding to suspicion, which last I checked was the goal of the process on a whole.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 am

Post by charter »

I don't think arguing this any further is going to be productive. Still convinced you're scum.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Do you read what you write? It's kind of sad, but I don't think that scum would be this insane.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 am

Post by charter »

No, I don't. My jigs up. Damn.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:I don't think arguing this any further is going to be productive. Still convinced you're
scum
confused.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 am

Post by charter »

No, it was right the first time.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Mizzy »

ShadowGirl has been prodded for the last time.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 am

Post by CF Riot »

Walnut: I think there are several valid points against you and if you were town, you'd at least try to point out why they're wrong or what your justification for taking X scummy action is. You're answers are used for us to decide if you are scummier or townier. However, I think not answering at all is the scummiest thing you could've done, yet no one but Mac and I seem bothered by it, so since I know how I feel on you I don't see any point in answering now.

Walnut, what do you think of Fark and of Tinsley?
----
Thesp: I could almost say the exact same thing to you, minus some context from my comment to Walnut.
----
Charter: I don't think that if a person makes a case and then is lynched to be found town, it means we should pick up his case and take it as true. It means they weren't lying, but it doesn't mean they were right. If we lynch another townie today I'm going to try to come in tomorrow with an open mind about everyone. That means my scum picks will be reevaluated and my town picks will be back under scrutiny. I don't think Fark's lynch would implicate LG though.
----
I think Walnut is scum, and a few people have suggested Fark could be his buddy. I'm not sure about that but I could see it happening. Because of this, I think it is sort of damning for Fark to say he merely skimmed a well laid out case of Walnut only to keep his opinion where it was. You would think if he thought Walnut was scummy like he claims, he'd take a closer look at what others think about the matter.
----
Camn what do you think of Fark and of Tinsley?
Mac what do you think of anyone besides Walnut?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:Thesp: I could almost say the exact same thing to you, minus some context from my comment to Walnut.
I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to here.

LET'S GET LYNCHING, PEOPLE. If it will help for me to move my vote to Tinsley, I will do so.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 am

Post by charter »

CF Riot wrote:I think Walnut is scum, and a few people have suggested Fark could be his buddy. I'm not sure about that but I could see it happening. Because of this, I think it is sort of damning for Fark to say he merely skimmed a well laid out case of Walnut only to keep his opinion where it was. You would think if he thought Walnut was scummy like he claims, he'd take a closer look at what others think about the matter.
This is actually a good point. Something I didn't realize until you brought this up, was when Fark asked me for my case against Walnut, he then immediately voted me and that's when my wagon started up. Quite suspicious of Fark. I would be happy moving my vote back onto him (or Walnut) if either gets to L-1 unless you have a good explaination for this Fark.

Also Riot, while Netlava's points about people might not necessarily be correct, we at least know his intentions were to find scum. I can see I'm not convincing anyong that LG is guilty, but I'll try again another day I suppose.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 am

Post by CF Riot »

Thesp, the last thing you said to me is you don't see a point to defenses. So if you take my first line or two from what I said to Walnut, that's pretty much the exact same way I feel about you.
CF Riot wrote:
Walnut
Thesp
: I think there are
several valid
some decent
points against you and if you were town, you'd at least try to point out why they're wrong or what your justification for taking X scummy action is. You're answers are used for us to decide if you are scummier or townier.
Also Charter, I've already said I'd hammer Fark if he hit L-1 and couldn't defend himself. If you'd rather be the last vote that's fine with me, but I'm not going to vote Fark until SG or a replacement for her forms some kind of opinion on the game.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Thesp wrote:LET'S GET LYNCHING, PEOPLE. If it will help for me to move my vote to Tinsley, I will do so.
This is getting a little tiresome. You keep cajoling us to lynch someone already, but you have only 2 people who you're willing to vote for, and I happen to have inside knowledge that one of them is a townie. And I think it's pretty clear that even if you switched your vote to Tinsley, that would not help, so how about widening your scope a little and ACTUALLY being helpful?

You said you'd put a vote on Walnut to pressure him. How about lynching him? I'd vote Walnut to break this impass, I know charter would, and Tinsley certainly would, Mac has never taken his vote off of him. LG, as much as I'd like you dead, and you'd like me dead, would you vote Walnut? Because that's 6 votes right there.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:Thesp, the last thing you said to me is you don't see a point to defenses. So if you take my first line or two from what I said to Walnut, that's pretty much the exact same way I feel about you.
CF Riot wrote:
Walnut
Thesp
: I think there are
several valid
some decent
points against you and if you were town, you'd at least try to point out why they're wrong or what your justification for taking X scummy action is. You're answers are used for us to decide if you are scummier or townier.
I guess I don't see the usefulness in doing such now, nor am I aware of what I need to account for that hasn't been gone over. I think there are more productive uses of my text.
farkshinsoup wrote:
Thesp wrote:LET'S GET LYNCHING, PEOPLE. If it will help for me to move my vote to Tinsley, I will do so.
This is getting a little tiresome. You keep cajoling us to lynch someone already, but you have only 2 people who you're willing to vote for, and I happen to have inside knowledge that one of them is a townie. And I think it's pretty clear that even if you switched your vote to Tinsley, that would not help, so how about widening your scope a little and ACTUALLY being helpful?
I really am looking at other people as well, none of them are worth pursuing at the moment, I think. I actively dislike a Lord Gurgi lynch, and don't feel any great reason to push the Walnut wagon. If everyone would get their act together, get behind someone and work for it, perhaps we'd get somewhere in this game instead of spinning in circles, which seems to be what we're doing now (which is more than a little tiresome).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Charter, I doubt that I could give you a "good explanation" (meaning one that would convince you that I'm not scum), so I'm not going to bother, unless you really want me to.
Thesp wrote:If everyone would get their act together, get behind someone and work for it, perhaps we'd get somewhere in this game instead of spinning in circles, which seems to be what we're doing now (which is more than a little tiresome).
So what you mean is, if everyone would just get behind your 2 top suspects, we'd be good to go. The issue isn't that we don't want to lynch somebody, it's that we all have different people that we want to lynch. Do you have any concrete suggestions for how to solve this problem?

I'm not sure what else to say. LG, Tinsley, and Walnut, that's who I'd be willing to lynch, in that order. Maybe if everyone stated the people they are willing to lynch today, we could find some consensus and lynch that person. I suspect that I am the consensus person, then so be it, better we know it and get moving.

Mac, I appreciate your unwavering consistency in this game, but even if Walnut is scum, there are others out there. Do you have any second or third choices that you'd be willing to lynch today? (you may have already answered this question, if so, just quote it) I know some of you have made yourselves known on this issue already, but I'll throw it out there anyway.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Thesp »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Thesp wrote:If everyone would get their act together, get behind someone and work for it, perhaps we'd get somewhere in this game instead of spinning in circles, which seems to be what we're doing now (which is more than a little tiresome).
So what you mean is, if everyone would just get behind your 2 top suspects, we'd be good to go. The issue isn't that we don't want to lynch somebody, it's that we all have different people that we want to lynch. Do you have any concrete suggestions for how to solve this problem?
While I think that'd be ideal (;)), I understand it may not be the most workable. I appreciate your efforts to drum up a Walnut lynch, and I think doing things like that helps. What I want to do is move us out of the interrogation mindset, and towards the action mindset (as you seem to be doing).

I am mildly worried that we're all sitting waiting for ShadowGirl's response, which would undoubtedly be useful, but each post (including this one) makes it less likely she'll be able to do an effective re-read and post, and I'm growing tired of the waiting game (as I'm sure you all are as well).

I'll vote for farkshinsoup/Tinsley, then Walnut if I must. I will not vote for Lord Gurgi.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Macavenger »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Mac, I appreciate your unwavering consistency in this game, but even if Walnut is scum, there are others out there. Do you have any second or third choices that you'd be willing to lynch today? (you may have already answered this question, if so, just quote it) I know some of you have made yourselves known on this issue already, but I'll throw it out there anyway.
I'm too lazy to go look for quotes, but I've mentioned a few times that I don't much care for LG, and that I see something of a case for you being aligned with Walnut.

I don't have time to put together any kind of real case at the moment, but recent posting has pretty much convinced me LG is Walnut's buddy. My scumlist right now pretty much matches charter's, but in the opposite order - I'm happiest with a Walnut lynch, and have doubts about lynching fark, but could possibly be persuaded.

In an effort to help move things forward, I've been kind of compiling my own list of everyone's stated lynch preferences. Here's what I've come up with. Y for yes, N for No, M for Maybe, or if we have to.

[mrow]Voters[col]Walnut[col]Fark[col]Tinsley[col]LG Mac[col]Y[col]M[col]N[col]Y Thesp[col]M[col]Y[col]Y[col]N charter[col]M[col]Y[col]N[col]Y fark[col]M[col]N[col]Y[col]Y Tinsley[col]Y[col]Y[col]N[col]M Walnut[col]N[col][col]Y LG[col][col]Y[col][col]N CF Riot[col]Y[col]Y Shadowgirl Camn[col][col]M[col]Y [mrow]Total[col]3+3[col]5+2[col]4[col]3+1

I think this should be pretty close; sorry if there are any large inaccuracies. I've been trying to compile this as I go and skimmed the last few pages trying to refresh it. Let me know if I've got anything wrong here.

Overall it seems like fark is the hottest suspect, at least from what I've been able to dig up. Provisionally, it doesn't look like there are enough votes to lynch Tinsley or LG.

In the interests of filling things out:
Walnut, what do you think of fark and LG?
LG, what do you think of Walnut and Tinsley?
Riot, what do you think of Tinsley and LG?
Shadowgirl or replacement, what do you think of everyone?
camn, what do you think of Walnut and LG?
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

^This post is good.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Something I noticed: Nobody is against Farklynch excluding Fark. Tinsley I would vote for only as a last option. Walnut is maybe.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Thesp »

Farkshinsoup wrote:^This post is good.
This post was also good.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Farkshinsoup 3 (Thesp, Tinsley, Lord Gurgi)
Tinsley 2 (camn, Walnut)
Walnut 2 (Macavenger, CF Riot)
Lord Gurgi 2 (Farkshinsoup, charter)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl

10 Alive = 6 to lynch!

ShadowGirl responded to her prod. If she does not post in the next 24 hours from now, I will replace her. Carry on!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”