CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

ok, and I was being honest bout being a towie, just so you guys know.

And Mirth, so you don't think I completely suck this has been my worst game byfar since I joined.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Mirth »

Eh I'm not going to believe anything until mod confirms it. I'm going to send her a pm telling her we need a death scene, in case thats hooked up to her email or something.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:31 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Lowell[col color=white]1[col color=white]cybele [col color=white]q21[col color=white]2[col color=white]rolfcopter, cc09 [col color=white]CC09[col color=white]5[col color=white]q21, massive, lowell, Mirth, empking

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white]

CC09
townie
is nutted to death

72 hours to get yer night choices in by PM

(Sorry for the delay, I went offline for a couple of days due to having a bit of a concussion... I am NOT telling how it happened, cause it is embarrassing)
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 am

Post by starkmoon »

Cybele
townie
has been stabbed to death in the night

Mirth
One-Shot Vig (town)
has been bottled to death

5 alive 3 to lynch

Have at it!
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Mirth »

My bah post (I don't usually do these, but in this case): Yay!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 am

Post by massive »

Hrm. Safe to assume Mirth stabbed Cybele last night? That seems somewhat random. With CC09 coming up townie, I would have expected she would have gone after one of the people on CC09's wagon.

Of course, of those people, Mirth is dead and Empking is the cop. So I guess I need a reread. I don't want to lazily go back to Lowell because this is probably it -- we need to be right here.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:38 am

Post by massive »

Double post, hrmph. It was 2 hours. Y'all are slackers. =]

Upon re-read of the first 7 pages, here's what I saw. Open points for discussion is really what will serve us best right now, I think.

Post 60: q21 posts a rebuttal in his nonsensical "seriousness" argument with dcorbe (Mirth) and then offers a throw-away "it's what I would have done" in regards to EA's numerical blunder.

Empking's night one choice is consistent with his day one play.

I still don't get rofl's "chainsaw defending" argument, which he starts early on day one and continues to pound. Minus points for argument I don't understand. Plus points for sticking to your guns.

Post 111: Don't like rofl jumping off of EA after EA requests to be replaced.

Lowell was driving the train that pushed for lynching EA after he quit. He was also driving the train that ran up Empking early on day two. Call it even?

q21 picks back up his attack on dcorbe / defense of "seriousness" on day two. It's almost like he has blinders on and is unwilling to look at the events of the last lynch/night.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by q21 »

I'm sorry my posting has been pretty sparse lately, I have a whole pile of projects and assignments to hand in which has left me with no time for online recreation. On the weekend (Friday night/Saturday morning) I should be able to catch up properly and respond to what's happened and to anything that's been thrown my way.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Empking »

I got no result again.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Lowell »

Three things:

1) Almost certainly this is two mafia left, no SK
2) Massive is trying to set me up. This doesn't surprise me, as I've been absent a bit. I'm going to reread and tell you exactly why he's scum. But I'll give you a hint, it starts with "I don't want to lazily vote Lowell" = I want to vote Lowell but I want to justify it.
3) What is the problem with Emp? I'm starting to think this guy is scum, because his "power" is useless.

vote for massive almost certainly coming. Carry on.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Lowell »

My preliminary guesses:

scum: massive, q21
town: rofl, emp
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 am

Post by massive »

Well, I -could- certainly have gone right back to why I voted for you yesterday. So for you to call me out as scum because I actually want to go back and find real reasons to vote ANYONE ... not just YOU ... really is a little ridiculous.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Empking »

So swe're on lynch or lose.

My thoughts are basicly ther oppisite of lowells.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Well, presumably we both think you're town.

So you're saying it's me and rofl?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Empking »

Yes, that's where my suspicion lies.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:39 am

Post by massive »

196: q21 is the first to call for Empking to claim. True, it could have been an inevitability, as Empking was at L-1.

240: After Empking's claim and the banter back-and-forth between Empking and kuribo, q21 points out something I totally missed, and that was that he wasn't even voting for Empking at the time he called for his claim. And he hadn't made any argument saying he thought Empking was scummy. q21 claims his post was because it's, essentially, just what's done -- when someone gets to L-1, they claim. But if you don't find someone suspicious, then why would you want them to claim, bandwagoned or otherwise? It seems like you wouldn't demand a role claim in that case.

249: On the other hand, rofl votes for q21 here and doesn't think that's noteworthy. He's asked to explain the q21 vote and goes back to the 'chainsaw defense' of EA -- that's post 263. No mention of the demand for Empking to claim. He says himself that he's just going down his list, so either he already thought q21 was ripe for a run-up and didn't need to add more fuel to the fire, or he was just lazily ignoring the back-and-forth between q21 and Empking.

roflcopter
: In [286], you say that, and I quote,
"i thought erratus was making himself pretty obvious with how upset he was getting over being caught for something he must have considered to be a stupid reason."
You say something similar when you vote for EA, yet in [111] you unvote him when he asks to be replaced, saying you don't know if it's a town tell or a scum tell. Can you speak to why him asking to be replaced (as a potential town tell) overrode his anger at being caught for a stupid reason (as an obvious scum tell)?

That's through most of the second day. I'm still trying to re-formulate my thoughts about kuribo's lynch.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by q21 »

massive wrote:Double post, hrmph. It was 2 hours. Y'all are slackers. =]

Upon re-read of the first 7 pages, here's what I saw. Open points for discussion is really what will serve us best right now, I think.

Post 60: q21 posts a rebuttal in his nonsensical "seriousness" argument with dcorbe (Mirth) and then offers a throw-away "it's what I would have done" in regards to EA's numerical blunder.
How exactly was that post a rebuttal...? A rebuttal is made in response to something, what I did was quote some posts that seemed to show him contradicting himself and pointed out that I didn't like the reason for EA being at L-2.

Also, how was anything an "it's what I would have done". I simply said that I didn't think that EA thinking there were 3 scum was a scum-tell.
massive wrote:Empking's night one choice is consistent with his day one play.

I still don't get rofl's "chainsaw defending" argument, which he starts early on day one and continues to pound. Minus points for argument I don't understand. Plus points for sticking to your guns.

Post 111: Don't like rofl jumping off of EA after EA requests to be replaced.

Lowell was driving the train that pushed for lynching EA after he quit. He was also driving the train that ran up Empking early on day two. Call it even?

q21 picks back up his attack on dcorbe / defense of "seriousness" on day two. It's almost like he has blinders on and is unwilling to look at the events of the last lynch/night.
Looking at nightkills never leads anywhere, and I still think we got lucky with the lynch of EA. How come rotflcopter gets points for sticking to his guns and I get told I have blinkers on for sticking to mine?

Next post.
massive wrote: 240: After Empking's claim and the banter back-and-forth between Empking and kuribo, q21 points out something I totally missed, and that was that he wasn't even voting for Empking at the time he called for his claim. And he hadn't made any argument saying he thought Empking was scummy. q21 claims his post was because it's, essentially, just what's done -- when someone gets to L-1, they claim. But if you don't find someone suspicious, then why would you want them to claim, bandwagoned or otherwise? It seems like you wouldn't demand a role claim in that case.
I asked him to claim because he was at L-1 and even though I wasn't likely to be the one hammering him I still wanted to see what his claim was. It wouldn't have surprised me if someone got eager and hammered him before he could claim.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Lowell »

617 is a good post. Also you bring up an interesting idea. I've pretty much been giving rofl a pass this game, assuming very early on that he's town.

And here I am, 5 people left and still alive. Something for me to think about I guess...
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

was out of town just got home today, i'll catch up soon.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:20 am

Post by massive »

q21 wrote:Also, how was anything an "it's what I would have done". I simply said that I didn't think that EA thinking there were 3 scum was a scum-tell.
You dismissed the three-mafia slip-up by saying that you would have assumed there were three mafia also. The slip-up wasn't because EA assumed three mafia; the slip-up was because he said conclusively "you and your two partners". An assumption would have read something like "you and your partners" or "you and your presumably two partners." It's not the quantity, which I think people focused on too much on Day One; it's the absoluteness with which EA stated that number.
q21 wrote:Looking at nightkills never leads anywhere, and I still think we got lucky with the lynch of EA. How come rotflcopter gets points for sticking to his guns and I get told I have blinkers on for sticking to mine?
rofl's suspicion is related to the events as they transpired -- he was suspicious of you for your "chainsaw defense" of EA, and that was relevant because EA had flipped scum. Your suspicions, however, were unrelated to EA's lynch and were just a continuing attack on dcorbe despite dcorbe ultimately being proven right about EA being scum. I don't think you can equate the two as you seem to want to do -- it's apples and oranges.
q21 wrote:I asked him to claim because he was at L-1 and even though I wasn't likely to be the one hammering him I still wanted to see what his claim was. It wouldn't have surprised me if someone got eager and hammered him before he could claim.
Well, that's either scummy (blatant rolefishing) or supremely lazy. If you didn't think Empking was scummy, didn't have any desire to vote him, why call on him to roleclaim? If you're just saying "it's what people do" then that's horrible. Especially in this game, since Empking's roleclaim has had the effect of rendering him completely useless.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by q21 »

massive wrote:
q21 wrote:Also, how was anything an "it's what I would have done". I simply said that I didn't think that EA thinking there were 3 scum was a scum-tell.
You dismissed the three-mafia slip-up by saying that you would have assumed there were three mafia also. The slip-up wasn't because EA assumed three mafia; the slip-up was because he said conclusively "you and your two partners". An assumption would have read something like "you and your partners" or "you and your presumably two partners." It's not the quantity, which I think people focused on too much on Day One; it's the absoluteness with which EA stated that number.
I didn't dismiss it by saying I would have assumed the same, I said that I thought it was a reasonable, if useless, assumption to make.
massive wrote:
q21 wrote:Looking at nightkills never leads anywhere, and I still think we got lucky with the lynch of EA. How come rotflcopter gets points for sticking to his guns and I get told I have blinkers on for sticking to mine?
rofl's suspicion is related to the events as they transpired -- he was suspicious of you for your "chainsaw defense" of EA, and that was relevant because EA had flipped scum. Your suspicions, however, were unrelated to EA's lynch and were just a continuing attack on dcorbe despite dcorbe ultimately being proven right about EA being scum. I don't think you can equate the two as you seem to want to do -- it's apples and oranges.
My suspicions on day two were based more on the fact that dcorbe jumped off of EA at the first opportunity he was given and only jumped back on again when it became obvious that EA was definitely going to be lynched. I thought that was indicative of bussing.
massive wrote:
q21 wrote:I asked him to claim because he was at L-1 and even though I wasn't likely to be the one hammering him I still wanted to see what his claim was. It wouldn't have surprised me if someone got eager and hammered him before he could claim.
Well, that's either scummy (blatant rolefishing) or supremely lazy. If you didn't think Empking was scummy, didn't have any desire to vote him, why call on him to roleclaim? If you're just saying "it's what people do" then that's horrible. Especially in this game, since Empking's roleclaim has had the effect of rendering him completely useless.
If he hadn't claimed I'm fairly sure he'd have been lynched. Neutralised cop is better than dead cop because he's pretty much confirmed town at the moment. I happy that I asked him to claim before someone hammered him.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:08 am

Post by massive »

So you attacked dcorbe on day one for what you thought was bussing EA, then when EA flipped scum, you felt vindicated and continued to attack dcorbe?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm a little confused by this.

If q21 thought dcorbe was bussing, and EA was scum, shouldn't he WANT to continue his attack the next day?

Or are you saying his accusing EA's accuser of bussing was too convenient and perhaps a ploy to have reason to attack him the following day?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”